The Dragon's Heart Is Mine ||...

By Iam_LewaKulture

"The dream...it was clearer than a memory. And I heard the sound of thundering hooves, splintering shields an... More

PROLOGUE || THE DRAGON'S HEART IS MINE || GERALT TARGARYEN
THE CASTS & CHARACTERS
1 • THE OLD KING JAEHAERYS
2 • THE REALM'S DELIGHT
3 • QUEEN AEMMA ARRYN
4 • THE NEW KING VISERYS
5 • THE SMALL COUNCIL
6 • THE DRAGON PRINCE
7 • DRAGON FIRE
8 • THE ARRIVAL
9 • HE DARES TO DEFY
10 • LANTERNS AT NIGHTFALL
11 • THE AURBURN HAIRED GIRL
13 • LOVE & FRIENDSHIP
14 • THE PRINCE AND THE LADY
15 • AN ORANGE LETTER
16 • THE KING'S DILEMMA
17 • THE QUEEN'S DILEMMA
18 • THE WEIRWOOD TREE
19 • JASKIER THE BARD
20 • OF LUST, DESIRE, SEDUCTION & BAD LUCK
21 • STREETS OF SILK
22 • YENNEFER: PRINCESS OF DORNE || PART 1
23 • YENNEFER: PRINCESS IN THE TOWER || PART 2
24 • YENNEFER: DISINHERITED & BETROTHED || PART 3
25 • THE COLOUR GOLD
26 • KING VISERYS ADULTERY, LIES & MANIPULATION
27 • LADY JOCELYN SINS, LUST & FORNICATION
28 • A ROYAL CONFLICT
29 • UNDER THE EYES OF THE GODS
30 • MYSARIA OF YI-TI
31 • THE HEIR'S TOURNAMENT
32 • THE LAST BREATH OF AEMMA ARRYN
33 • THE QUEEN'S FUNERAL
34 • OF LOVE & ABOMINATION!
35 • SUCCESSIONS & SCHEMES
36 • AMBITIONS OVER AFFECTIONS
37 • A GRAIN OF TRUTH
38 • THE HEIR FOR A DAY
39 • GERALT DE RIVIA
40 • SPHERE OF ALLURE
41 • OF BETRAYAL LOVE & BANISHMENT
42 • ALICENT'S REGRETS & GERALT'S DILEMMA
43 • THE WITCHER & THE HALFLING
44 • THE WITCHER & THE DOPPLER
45 • THE WITCHER & THE PRIEST OF NOVIGRAD
46 • THE WITCHER & THE BANKER
47 • PLOTS, PLANS & POLITICS
48 • THE WITCHER, THE BARD & THE BLONDIE
49 • OF LOVE, TRUST & HATE
50 • HEIRS OF THE DRAGON
51 • THE END OF NEW BEGINNINGS
52 • BRIDES & PREJUDICE
53 • THE CROWN IS MINE
54 • LOVE IS FICKLE
55 • KISS ME OR BURN!
56 • BOTTLED APPETITES
57 • CAPITAL R, RAKE

12 • THE ROGUE PRINCE

394 17 0
By Iam_LewaKulture

Aemma pouts, shaking her head. "You certainly don't know anyone except Nilfgaard. You need to start attending functions Geralt, you must make friends" She retorts.

Geralt lets out a scoff.

"You said you were training out last night?"

"Hmm, and she......."

"Alicent must have dropped it then." Aemma cuts him off, gazing at the necklace, truly missing Alicent's mother.

"I'd like to believe that." Geralt feigns ignorantly.

"What are you trying to insinuate Geralt." Aemma gave him a knowing look.

Geralt looks at her brazen-faced. "What do you want me to say?"

Aemma looks at him appalled.

"Alicent is a good girl. She's the daughter of your father's Hand, and also Rheanyra's best friend." Aemma explained giving the necklace back to Geralt.

"Hmm. Rheanyra's best friend. Amusing." he feigned.

"You know after you left for Dorne, she became closet to Rheanyra." Aemma gushed.

Geralt seemed quite un-borthered.

"You seem quite taken by her." Geralt stares at Aemma's face skeptically while she continues staring at the necklace in-between her manicured fingers.

"She's a comely maiden at your father's court, I thought you knew her."

"I haven't met her before, the girls at court all look the same." Geralt says cheekily as the necklace were still entangled in her fingers.

"Not all of them Geralt. Some of the maidens may be rotten to the core, but there are others who are well raised from respectable homes. Very different. Alicent is one of them, very lovely." Aemma defends with certainty.

"She's quite innocent from the rest." Aemma rasped.

"Is she?"

"Ofcourse she is, she's respectful and kind. I'm sure she must be looking for the necklace, maybe it fell off her neck at the balcony by mistake." Aemma counters.

"Mistake?.... Hmm." Geralt poked his cheek, staring at the emblem of the Seven Faith.

"You should return it back to her, maybe get to know her from there, who knows she might be different from Yennefer." Aemma suggested

Geralt scoffs distastefully, he understood what his step mother meant but he didn't appreciate it one bit.

Even though he discreetly whored around the brothels of Dorne wildly, Yennefer made him give up that life, he had to stop, because he chose to, for her.

He loved her and yet their paths would no longer cross. No woman can mend his broken heart, no one. Geralt swore.

The girls at court only threw themselves at him because he's a Prince, because of his Valyrian blood.

Who'd love a man who slayed demons, creatures and monsters? Who'd love a man with magic? Who'd love a Witcher like him? Geralt lets out a sigh.

However he gazed down at the emblem of the pointed Seven stars in his hands as the previous stones sparkled, especially the emeralds.

"Alicent Hightower." He mutters underneath his breath.

He needed to meet this girl the Queen spoke so highly of, maybe she'd explain to him why she suddenly ran off like a banshee when their eyes coincidentally met last night.

Geralt couldn't get over her imprinted scents in his senses.

"You should meet her Geralt, she's always with Rheanyra, those two seem quite inseparable." Aemma mused rubbing her belly as Geralt sighs standing up on his feet, putting the necklace back at the breast pocket of his dragon suit.

"Geralt!" A voice exclaims as the Witcher turns abruptly.

Aemma looks to the side, sighting to know who'd dare come to her chambers disrespectfully unannounced. But the she saw who it was, her frowned face crept into the widest smile.

"Legolas?......... Dearest..... Legolas!" She exhilarates.

The Velaryon boy widened his eyes to see his aunt heavily pregnant.

"Aunt Aemma....... Your Grace!." He trotted into the room as the attendants bowed in obeisance. Legolas went to her side, gently knelt and kisses her knuckles. Aemma hugs him.

"It's so good to see you nephew." Aemma says wholeheartedly as pecks his forehead.

"Your having another baby?" Legolas asked. Geralt tapped his back head.

"Ooow."

"Isn't it obvious?" Geralt eyes him.

Aemma chuckles.

"You look very handsome, you've grown so well, oh dear Gael must be proud. You definitely look like her." Aemma remarked and Legolas chuckles trying not to hold his emotions.

"You still look beautiful like Aphrodites my sweet aunt, I hope my unborn cousin isn't stressing you." Legolas pecks her belly before standing up.

"No, just kickings here and there." Aemma chuckles gesturing Jeyn to adjust the pillow for her, which she did before going back to what she was doing.

Legolas turns to Geralt with a frown. "I was waiting for you at the ground floor, we're late." He whispered.

"I know." Geralt says in a low tone.

"He was with me Legolas, don't pick on him." Aemma teased. "It's seems you too are flying with Viserion this morrow." She peers on his riding suit.

Legolas smirks. "Yes i am, at least I wasn't bored waiting for his Geralt's behind. Rheanyra kept me company though." He says as he takes an apple from the golden bowl resting on the nearby table.

"You saw Rheanyra?" Aemma asked, creasing her brows.

"Hmm.mmm." Legolas took a bite, ravishing his taste buds, he softly groans.

"Was she heading for her lessons or going to the DragonPits?" Aemma strictly enquires, skeptically staring at Legolas.

"Her lessons." Legolas lies as he took another bite. "With Ali-cent Hightower." He countered.

"Alicent?" Geralt says as Legolas turns to him arching a brow.

" You know her too?" He questioned, looking quite surprised Legolas knew her as well.

He shrugs. " I just met her a while ago, she seem quite beautiful... the very opposite of Rheanyra." Legolas concurs, Aemma chuckles and suddenly a man interrupts them.

"What's happened to Rheanyra?" Viserys comes in as everyone curtly bows in obeisance.

"Your Grace." They chorused, except for Aemma who's face brightened as he gracefully approaches them.

"Uncle." Legolas greets.

Viserys looks at him with a keen smile. "Legolas, you didn't come to see me at court. I thought you are avoiding me." Viserys feigns.

"I would never avoid you Uncle, it's so good to see you." Legolas went on to embrace him.

Viserys hugs him back.

"You're a striking resemblance of your mother, beautiful. I hear you're very skilled with your bow and arrows, never misses a target." Viserys mused, gently pulling himself from the embrace.

"Not the slightest Your Grace." Legolas heart swelled with pride.

"Very good, Oberyn taught you well." Viserys said remarkably, Legolas nods in agreement, Geralt just stood stone cold.

"How's your father?" Viserys demanded,

"He's very well Your Grace."

"Vaemond must be proud of the man you're becoming, a half Velaryon and half Targaryen. The seed is strong." Viserys complements his nephew confidently with a proud smile.

"Hmm... Indeed." Geralt counters.

Viserys smiles slightly drops when he looks over to his son, their eyes spoke words in volume yet it couldn't seep out. Viserys had been wanting to know if his son is enjoying his stay at home, it's been a week since he arrived and their paths haven't crossed.

"Geralt."

"Father."

"You're flying on dragon back this morrow?" Viserys eyes his dragon suit.

"Yes, Legolas and I are going for an important business." Geralt tells him.

"Important business?" Viserys skeptically looks at the two young men suspiciously.

"Yes Your Grace." Legolas responds.

"Pray tell, what is this business?" Viserys was curious to know their latest doings. He just hoped they weren't going to spit fire on his city.

"I've received some disturbing reports concerning a creature roaming at the forest in Castellan,"

"Castellan?"

"A castel outskirts the forests of Harenhall." Legolas tells the King.

"What sort of creature?" Viserys questioned curiously.

"A striga." Geralt says.

"A striga?"

"Yes your Grace. It appears I'm human form by day, very dangerous with poisioned fangs but turns into a deadly monster at night." Geralt says coldly.

Viserys creased his brows.

"Okay then,.....I trust you two would slay this creature and brings back good news, you should join us at the council meeting whenever you arrive and well rested Geralt, report what you encountered at Castellan." Viserys offered.

Legolas smirks.

"Are you asking me to join the small council?" Geralt says confused.

"I am, as my son, you should be by my side at court and also with me when take decisions for the betterment of the realm. At least the small council should know some things about the Witcher and his good works. Don't you agree?" Viserys quipped.

Geralt just stares at him startled and doesn't say a word nor show any excitement.

He was motionless but Viserys wished he could utter a word but Geralt remained silent.

"You two should go kill whatever creature is causing chaos. I'd like to spend time with my lord husband." Aemma says as Viserys chuckles.

Geralt turns to her with smiles and comes to peck her forehead.

"Don't forget the picnic you promised." Aemma shot him glare.

Geralt smirks. "I won't."

"Off you go then, show no mercy to that beast." Aemma called after him as Geralt leaves the chamber, not glancing at Viserys, while Legolas curtly bows at the King and Queen, before talking another apple, and followed Geralt trailing behind, while filling him in about the best brothels in King's Landing.

"He's still mad at me." Viserys began as he comes to kiss his wife before sitting by her bed side.

"Hmmm... He's not mad my love, he's just trying to settle down. Give him time he'll come around, he wouldn't miss the next council meeting trust me.." Aemma assures, grunting softly.

"I hope he doesn't. I want him to join the small council so that I can have moments with him, understand him better." Viserys says breezily as his gaze travelled to his wife growing belly.

The King gently placed his hand on his wife's bulge and rubs it, placing soft kisses on it.

"It's been 7 moons and 15 days, our son will be here anytime soon." Viserys whispered, kissing the bulge softly.

Aemma softly moans. "Let the gods will be done."

"The gods are by our side Aemma, 2 moons left and our boy will fulfill the prophecy." Viserys declares in a low tone, kissing his wife bulge.

She chuckles softly. "Aegon's dream, born wearing a crown." Aemma hummed.

"Our heir." Viserys corrected.

Aemma sighs.

"Our second heir Viserys, we already have an heir." She says hoping her husband understood the message but Viserys ignored, placing kisses on her bulge.

•••••••
Nonetheless, Rhaenyra leaves Legolas and follows her protector, Ser Harrold Westerling into the passage that led straight to a secret pathway into the antechamber outside the throne room.

The enormous double doors leading into the throne room are shut. Two Men of the Targaryen household guard stand sentry, one posted on each side of the doors.

"He passed through the gates at first light." Ser Harrold says obviously agitated by the presence of Daemon as he stops at the large double doors with the princess.

"Does my father know he's here?" Rheanyra enquires.

"No." Ser Harrold grinds his teeth. He didn't like Daemon at all.

Yet his answer relieves Rhaenyra as she smiles. "Good. Let's not tell him."

Ser Harrold glowers. He is not one for conspiracies but he must obey the princess's command. He reluctantly pushes the door open and hold it while Rhaenyra steps into the throne room.

The throne room exists as it was and will be, but the room is decorated differently now, in Viserys reign.

Banners emblazoned with the three headed dragon hang from the ceiling. Four larger than-life statues ring the room. They are all men, representing the four preceding Targaryen kings: Aegon The Conqueror, his first son Aenys, his second son, Maegor The Cruel and his predecessor, The Old King, Jaehaerys.

The Iron Throne looms, Rheanyra stared at her father's seat, the seat is made from the swords of Aegon the Conqueror's enemies, forged in dragonfire.

Daemon Targaryen, the king's brother whom everyone knows as the rogue prince is presently lounging on the hallowed chair, one leg casually slung over the arm of the throne.

He's in his early 30s and is fiercely handsome.

He's been absent for quite some time but he's back, already he met the Corwyn Velaryon's son at the Red Keep ground floor, Legolas is now very grown, but he was eager to see his nephew Geralt.

The boy whom Viserys denied his birthright, choosing him over his own son as heir, Daemon Targaryen, his only brother, next in line to inherit the iron throne.

Pity. Daemon mused arrogantly. Who'd want to make a Witcher a King? He often wondered about Geralt's predicament.

As soon as he arrived, he bathed and changed out of his City Watch uniform. Ser Harrold is visibly shocked by this treasonous act, seating on the iron throne.

"Gods be good." The knight appalled, staring at Prince Daemon.

"It's all right, Ser." Rheanyra assures him as her protector removes himself from the throne room, shutting the door to wait outside.

Rhaenyra gazes up at her uncle, who says nothing. As uncle and niece, they both share a unique relationship different from Geralt.

After Geralt left for Dorne she and Daemon became close, when they speak to one another, they often do so in High Valyrian.

"Sparo drīvose gaomā?" [What do you think you're doing, uncle?] Rheanyra questioned.

"Ñuhoso dēman. Kesy ñuhys dēmavos māzīlariot sinilus." [Sitting. This could well be my chair one day.] Daemon brazenly replies.

"Lo hen pāleknot statilūks, daor." [Not if you're executed for sedition.] Rheanyra mused.

Daemon stands from the throne and steps down from it. Rhaenyra rushes to embrace her uncle. He hugs her.

"Hen sŷndrāzmā qurdalbri imastō daor gaomā" [You haven't come to court in an age uncle.] Rheanyra releases herself from his embrace.

"Qurdalbar gierī tegenkor issa." [Court is so dreadfully boring.] Daemon spat.

"Sepār vēzo skoro syt āmastā?" [Then why come back at all?] Rheanyra asked.

"Kepa aōha yno syt kōttion pradilas, ryptan." [I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honor.]

"Kōttion dāranno syt issa" [The tournament is for his heir.] Rheanyra corrects him.

"Heksīr ŷdratan." [Just as I said.] Daemon countered.

"Dāranno zŷho arlio" [His new heir.] Rheanyra says cheekily.

" aōha muña trēsi sikos, jevo yrgoti zbērion. [Until your mother brings forth a son, you are all cursed with me.]

"Sepār valonqri jaelinna." [Then I shall hope for a brother.]

Rhaenyra makes a fanged grin at her uncle.
Daemon furrows his brow, hiding a flash of anger.

"Ao emagon nykeā lēkia" [You have an older brother already] He reminds her.

"Ñuha kepa didn't iderēbagon hae zȳhon dārilaros yn ao" [Whom my father didn't choose as his heir but you]

Rheanyra shot her uncle a glare, Daemon sniggered.

"Skoriot iksis Geralt?, nyke didn't ūndegon zirȳla bisa ñāqatubis" [Where is Geralt? I didn't see him this morrow.]

"Istas va zaldrīzes arlī lēda Legolas" [He went on dragon back with Legolas]

"Sȳz, se wizõrs iksis arlī" [The Witcher has returned]

"Wizõrs?" [Witcher?] Rheanyra furrowed her brows confused.

Daemon smirks.

"Ao didn't gīmigon aōha lēkia ēdas magic gōntan ao daor? [You didn't know your brother had magic didn't you?] He asked, skeptically staring at her face and knew the answer already.

"Nyke mērī gīmigon ziry's immune naejot perzys" [I only know he's immune to fire]

"Mmmm, Konīr issi naenie ao ȳdra daor gīmigon ñuha jorrāelagon lēkianna [ mmm, there are many things you do not know my dear niece.

"Lo vestrā sīr, Sīr tolmiot hae kesā ivestragon nyke skori se jēda māzigon"
[ if you say so, so far you will tell me when the time comes.]

"Kesan" [ I will] Daemon assures before he shifts into the common tongue, trying to bury it.

"How's your Lady wife?" Rheanyra asked.

"She's not important right now. I brought something for you." Daemon changes the subject, trying to avoid any conversation that has to do with Rhea Rocye. He despised her.

Deepening his hands into his pockets, Daemon produces a small pendant on a chain. The metalwork looks like frozen smoke, a swirling tableau of gray and black. A blood-red ruby is inset in the pendant.

"It reminded me of our house colors. Do you know what it is?" Daemon enquires.

"Valyrian steel. Like Dark Sister." Rhaenyra holds the artifact, bewitched by its beauty. Daemon touches the hilt of Dark Sister, his Valyrian steel sword.

Rheanyra tries to reach for it but Daemon pulls away.

"Turn around." He says in a cool yet stern tone, Rheanyra obeys and spins, removing the golden necklace that reared on her neck.

Daemon takes the pendant and fastens it around Rhaenyra's neck. When the clasp is secure, Rheanyra turns around to face her uncle.

Daemon traces Rhaenyra's neckline with his fingers before lifting her chin up to look at her. "Gevie." [Beautiful.] He says in High Valyrian.

Rhaenyra smiles, basking in her uncle's dangerous glow.

******
Thanks for reading.

To see more chapters, add this book to your reading list.

VOTE 🌟, COMMENT and SHARE to your Wattpad Friends.

Je t'aime 💕

Lewa Kulture

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 14.2K 129
"You will always have half of my heart." 💕 Avalon's childhood, time skips and bonus ending. To be read in conjunction with the Heir// Viserys // Da...
32.1K 923 18
In the ancient realm of Westeros, where the shadows of dragons stretched across the pages of history, House Targaryen stood as both a beacon of power...
99K 5.3K 57
Viserys sets his sights on Alicents elder sister, Aislynn Hightower but hes not the only drawn to her fiery personality. Daemon thinks himself a comp...
54.2K 3K 53
Corlys and Laenor were one and the same. They loved the thrill more than the catch. The chase more than the prize they caught. But Corlys had grown...