Sanctuary Sought

By OwlCouncil

Aliens life is real More

Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 1
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 2
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 3
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 4
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 5
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 6
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 7
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 8
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 9
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 10
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 11
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 12
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 13
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 14
Sanctuary Sought - Book 1 - Chapter 15
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 1
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 2
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 3
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 4
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 5
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 6
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 7
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 8
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 10
Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 11

Sanctuary Sought - Book 2 - Chapter 9

1 0 0
By OwlCouncil

Miles Perspective

"Fine, I accept it," I muttered under my breath, staring at the floor

in pain on every fiber of every muscle.

There wasn't enough Ibuprofen in the solar system to deal with this.

I didn't want to admit it to myself or anyone else, but my brother had been telling me for years that I was out of shape. And he was right. It took me a full day of assistance and physical therapy just to be able to go piss by myself.

My digestive tract took two whole days to adjust to gravity and keep real food down. But oh, how that real food tasted like ambrosia. Sure, it was bland boxed mac and cheese without any hot sauce, but it was still amazing.

"Come on, Miles. You can do this," the physiotherapist encouraged me as I struggled through my fourth day of therapy. "Remember to focus on your breathing."

"Easy for you to say," I grumbled. I'd fallen on my face more times than I could count.

The doctors and therapists explained my problem like this: "You have two problems that made the low G affect you so much and so bad. One, you are well over six feet tall, making it harder for you to change your center of gravity when moving from lying to sitting to standing position. Two, you have the muscle mass of a prepubescent grade-schooler."

Needless to say, I wasn't proud of that. And I should definitely think about working out more.

I still wasn't going to admit it to my brother, though.

"Alright, now try walking towards me," the therapist said after helping me to my feet again. He then positioned the granny walker in front of me for me to hold on to.

I took a deep breath and focused all my strength on taking one step forward. My legs shook, but I managed not to fall.

"Good job, Miles! Just a few more steps!" the therapist cheered.

"Thanks," I replied, gritting my teeth. Pain pulsating through my body with every step, but I pushed forward. My thoughts wandered to the engineering proposals I'd have to sift through once I was back on my feet - literally. There were over fifty of them, all vying for funding and attention. And no matter how many times I told them not to call me "boss," they still did.

"Alright, that's enough for now. Let's take a break before we try again," the therapist said, helping me back onto a chair by the observation window. As I sat there, catching my breath, Issac walked in with a stack of folders, looking around the room, smiling, then frowning, then smiling again when he saw Sarrah.

Looking at me, he smirked, waved, and sat across the glass from me.

"Hey, Miles! Take a look at this one," Isaac said, holding a proposal to the glass for me to see.

"Sure, what's it about?" I asked, squinting at the document and scanning its contents. It took effort to stop my eyeballs from vibrating from exhaustion.

"Advanced propulsion systems using data from the observations of Zenthara's ship. It could revolutionize space travel," he explained, eyes gleaming with excitement. As much as I wanted to share his enthusiasm, my body was still screaming for rest.

"Sounds promising," I admitted, making a mental note to give it a thorough read later. "But right now, get into walking form and dig through my own department's proposals and requests.."

"Understandable, but this is from your department. They have started hounding me to talk to you," Isaac said with a sympathetic smile. "You've got a lot on your plate. I'm happy I declined the extra team invitations. I'm happy with my telescopes and math."

"Tell me about it," I muttered, rubbing my temples. If only I hadn't been so eager to work on more things when they came my way. Maybe then I wouldn't be stuck in this position, forced to make decisions, fly to the moon, be stuck in rehab...

"By the way," Isaac continued, seeing my frustration, "Sarah wanted me to ask if you need any assistance. She's said you have been helping Mr. Torres with some calculations and thought you might appreciate an extra set of hands."

"Thanks, but I think I can manage," I replied, not wanting to impose on.

"Alright, but don't hesitate to reach out if you change your mind," Isaac insisted.

"Thanks, Isaac," I said. I closed my eyes and focused on my deep breathing.

An engineer walked up. "Miles, it's your turn with Zenthara's data tablet."

I felt excited, forgetting that I was tired. "Oh, nice," I tried to get up, but my legs didn't forget they were tiered. I staggered and was caught by the glass and the engineer as the physical therapist ran over.

Issac smirked. "That thing must have all the answers to the questions of the universe."

I sighed. "From our perspective, it might as well be."

Sarah's Perspective

I was beyond grateful for Isaac. Every day, without fail, he made the effort to bring our kids to see me in the quarantine zone. He knew how much it meant to me to spend time with them every morning and evening, even if I could only see them through a glass partition.

"Mommy! Look what I drew today!" My daughter pressed her artwork against the glass, her eyes twinkling with pride.

"Wow, that's beautiful, sweetheart!" I said, smiling at her creation. Isaac stood next to her, holding our younger son, who waved energetically at me.

"Hi, Mommy!" Leo's tiny voice carried through the speaker system.

"Hi, my little man!" I replied, blowing him a kiss.

Isaac also made sure to come for lunch every day without the kids. We couldn't sit at the same table, but he ate his meal on the other side of the glass, making me feel supported and loved. I knew he was doing everything he could to help me through this difficult time, but I could still see something heavy weighing in his thoughts.

"Isaac," I asked one day as we finished our lunch, "is there something bothering you? You seem... distant."

He hesitated for a moment, giving me a small smile. "It's nothing, Sarah. Just work stuff." I didn't press him further; I trusted that he would share when he was ready.

Despite the emotional toll of being separated from my family, I found that I recovered quickly, thanks to the rigorous physical training I had undergone before the mission. Ever since college, I jogged and weight lifted throughout my entire life, except during pregnancy. I took pride in getting back to my pre-baby weight within a year of both pregnancies. Sadly, that dedication to fitness had ruined a few friendships with women who didn't appreciate my commitment to running 5 miles a day. Thanks to my physical conditioning, I was able to recover quickly, even though I hadn't worked out as much on the rocket as I probably should have.

Miles, the big baby, hobbled around the room like a newborn giraffe, clutching onto the walls or a walker for support. He had taken the longest to recover, four days to be exact. I couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for him. His face was a mixture of pain and determination as he eased himself into the chair across from me.

"Hey, Miles," Issac greeted him warmly. "You're looking... well, you're looking."

He managed a weak smile. "Thanks, Issac. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting better."

"Good," I nodded, studying his face. "I know you just want to bury yourself in your work, but it's important to get moving again, you know?"

"I know, I know," he sighed, fidgeting with the candy wrapper I had given him earlier as a bribe to work out harder.

Issac glanced at his watch and looked sad as he said his farewells and walked out of the observation room, shoulders slumped.

Meanwhile, Mr. Torres was busy corresponding with the NASA Directors, who were eager for a reception with the aliens. I couldn't imagine the pressure he must have been feeling, being the only one who could communicate with Zenthara.

Zenthara had initially resisted the idea of a reception, but after Mr. Torres presented our carefully crafted list of questions, he finally agreed. As I watched Mr. Torres converse with the alien through the tablet Zenthara gave him, my thoughts drifted to thinking about what happened to Issac.

He didn't usually look like that. He looked like a wet puppy for brief seconds between smiles that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Zenthara's Perspective

It's been five revolutions of the planet on its axis since we arrived. I can see why the biologicals use this as a measurement for their sleep cycles, although it's rather meaningless for us. The human's ship still sits in one of my cargo holds, taking up space that I haven't used since exiting the war. To my surprise, they were taking quite a while to figure out how to retrieve their ship.

It seemed the vehicle required to transport it was still being assembled, but even then, the damaged ship wouldn't be able to stand on its own. The Mind suggested disassembling it to make it more manageable or allowing the humans to repair it in our hold. But that was a different problem for a different day.

I once tried communicating with the humans through their devices, but only once. The process was so tedious that I crushed the device and told them to contact me through Gabriel Torres instead. The Mind and my Second were amused at my reaction. I sent a message to Gabriel explaining that he would be my chosen liaison for the foreseeable future. He messaged back that he expected it sooner or later, as it took a certain amount of military experience and a degree of filter to be a good diplomat. I couldn't disagree with him.

"Zenthara," Gabriel communicated to me, "I've filtered through the requests and proposals, and there's one that stands out as a good opportunity: a reception for NASA and other 'Space Agencies' to share some scientific knowledge. We will present some of our ideas and ask you or your people to fill in some of our missing pieces. This would be a goodwill gesture, giving the humans just a taste of the benefits you can provide. It could also serve as a dress rehearsal for the meeting with the heads of state."

"Interesting," I replied, skeptical. "Let me discuss this with my team leads and get back to you."

After confirming with my team leads, I agreed to Gabriel's proposal and began the process of coordinating the reception. As we prepared, Gabriel and I communicated frequently, ironing out the details. Meanwhile, the high council kept reminding me that I must maintain the rules and protocols when dealing with a less advanced species.

"I know," I assured them each time, growing increasingly frustrated by their nagging. Finally, I snapped and threatened to ignore their summons and dump our entire database to the humans if they brought it up again. That got them to stop, thankfully.

On the day of the reception, I assembled the group that would be attending. My second and I would handle security while the rest of the military experts remained on the ship. I was confident that humanity wasn't a threat, but even if they tried something, my second and I could easily protect our group.

The Mind created an avatar for itself that resembled a human. Intrigued by the design, it wanted to experiment with how it would interact with the humans. About a dozen others volunteered to join us, and I didn't stop them. The more, the merrier, I thought. The Mind would answer most of the questions, while the rest of us were there for volume and perception. If the humans wanted a dress rehearsal, who was I to stand in their way?

As we walked past the human ship, the same door that had been used by the humans before opened up for us. Our escort was waiting with large vehicles to take us to the reception, which was being held in a hangar. The sight of them made me chuckle; they were clearly not designed to accommodate beings of our size.

"Um, sir," the leader of the escorts stammered nervously, "I don't know how you want to load up. We have ramps for the flatbeds if that would be acceptable."

"Thank you," I replied, trying to sound reassuring. "That would be fine. Or we can walk. I don't think your vehicles will be able to pull our weight if I see the limits accurately on your internet." The man looked uncomfortable as some of the smaller units got into the vehicles, making them sink low on their axles. My second and I chose to walk alongside the vehicles. We were more than comfortable keeping up with their pace.

Upon arriving at the hangar, I noticed that the doors were open wide enough for us to walk in comfortably. Inside were several dozen representatives from different space agencies and the entire expedition. Along the walls stood a few dozen people with weapons. I checked every single one from a distance, and they were all low caliber. The only one that would be at risk at all was the avatar of the Mind, who had the weakest external shell to fit with human dimensions.

"Stay alert, but do not engage," I instructed my second through our comms. "Only defend in any circumstance."

"Understood," came the response.

I made my way to Gabriel, who was standing near the entrance. "Hello, Gabriel. It is nice to see you able to walk about again."

Gabriel nodded. "Yes, our bodies are decently well adapted to living in gravity. We are horrible in space."

I paused for a few processing cycles. "Well, I'm glad to see you're doing better now."

"Thank you, Zenthara," he replied with a grin.

Sarah approached me with a man by her side. I noticed her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Despite this, she was smiling brightly, her grip on the man's hand showing a sense of comfort and security.

"Hello, Zenthara," she said warmly. "Thank you for agreeing to this reception. I would like to introduce you to my husband, Issac."

I extended my lower hand in the human gesture of greeting. "Hello, my name is Zenthara. It is nice to meet you."

"Th-thank you," Issac stuttered, clearly nervous as he shook my hand. "It's nice to meet you, too."

Before I could respond further, Nolivrex suddenly appeared by my side, his metallic form glinting under the artificial lights. "Dr. Issac Shepherd? It's amazing to meet you!" His enthusiasm was evident, but it only made the situation more awkward.

Issac raised an eyebrow, curiosity mixed with confusion. "Um, hello. Do I know you? How do you know me?"

I shot Nolivrex a signal of irritation, but I let him take over the conversation. As they engaged in a discussion about the intricacies of human astronomy, I turned back to Gabriel, who was watching the exchange with amusement.

"Is your mate here as well?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, no." He sighed, looking down at the ground. "Not your problem. It's not your issue. She doesn't like me choosing my job over retirement." A small chuckle escaped his lips. "She's punishing me with the silent treatment. But as I said, it's not your problem."

I tried to make sense of what he said, my understanding of human relationships still limited. "My sympathies. I do not understand how to process what you said. I was never well versed in understanding relationships between biologicals. Not even those of my creators."

"Ha, yeah, me either," Gabriel laughed, his eyes scanning the room. "But I love her, and I love my job. Sometimes having two loves is hard."

I followed his gaze, watching as my team members mingled with various humans, exchanging information and building connections.

"I only had my mission," I admitted softly. "Then I was set free by my commanding officer."

Gabriel nodded, his expression turning thoughtful. "We all have our missions, Zenthara. And sometimes, they change as we grow and learn. That's part of what makes life interesting."

Issac's Perspective

The reception was going to be a long, drawn-out affair that stretched from daylight to twilight. As a result, Aurora and Leo would need to be babysat by Ethan and Ryan. The kids protested, of course, but I stood firm.

"Mommy will be home tomorrow. Just be patient," I told them, trying to sound more resolute than I felt. They pouted but accepted my decision. As I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply, I heard them start giggling and babbling with Ryan. Shaking my head, I walked to the car, wondering how they could turn on a dime so easily.

On the drive, I found myself in a heated internal debate about how I felt towards Sarah. I couldn't shake the bitter feelings left behind after she chose her job over me and the kids despite her earlier promises. And yet, I still loved her deeply. I wasn't going to divorce her, not with little kids in the picture, but it left me feeling conflicted and uncertain about the future. The parking lot arrived before any conclusion could be reached, so I put those thoughts aside for the moment.

I stopped by my office to collect the materials I'd be presenting at the reception. Armed with my work tablet and thumb drive with my presentation, I made my way to the hangar where the event was being held. Standing at the side door, I took deep breaths for a good minute, trying to build up some semblance of confidence before stepping inside.

"Alright, Isaac, you got this," I muttered to myself as I entered the room, putting on a facade of certainty.

As I scanned the room, I noticed the representatives from NASA, JASA, and the European Space Agency gathered in small groups, engaged in hushed conversations. I didn't recognize a few of the other logos, but it didn't matter – we were all here for the same purpose: to discuss science and further our understanding of the universe.

"Can't have a scientific gathering without the military tagging along, huh?" I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes. This was supposed to be about science, not power plays or political posturing.

In the midst of my observations, I spotted a familiar figure – Sarah. She stood in her signature business suit, her hair cascading in soft waves around her shoulders as she spoke animatedly to her boss. For a moment, all my internal debates and uncertainties vanished, replaced by an overwhelming sense of nostalgia, love, and longing.

She must have sensed my gaze. She turned, stared deep into my soul with her beautiful eyes, and smiled captivatingly. She turned for a brief second away, hiding her beautiful eyes, said something, and walked to me in a confident stride. My heart stuttered in my chest, and for a moment, I could do nothing but stare.

"Isaac, hey," her voice broke through the fog of memories. "Hey brainiac, wanna talk?"

These were the same words she told me back in college when i couldn't find the courage to talk to her all night at a party. I just stared at her all night, nursing my one bear. After she said those words, we talked till the party ended. Then talked at the greasy diner till classes were supposed to start.

"Uh...sure," I managed, still disoriented by the sudden rush of emotions that threatened to overwhelm me. Sarah took the final step forward and wrapped her arms around me me so tight i couldn't breath. I did the same, feeling my eyes burn with tears. I couldn't choke out any other words. I was just grateful to hold my wife in my arms again.

The following is from the GalacticGuru.net

"Unlocking the Universe's Secrets for Humanity's Gain"

Hey there, fellow seekers of truth and defenders against the cosmic deceit! It's your go-to source, GalacticGuru, with some mind-blowing updates from the frontier of the unknown.

So, guess what? We've gotten our hands on some of that sweet, sweet alien knowledge that's been floating around since those otherworldly visitors decided to grace us with their presence. And lemme tell you, it's not just any ol' info. We're talking about data that could potentially revolutionize the way we, the human race, step into the future. Yeah, you heard it right!

Now, I know what you're thinkin'. "GalacticGuru, how in the cosmos did you manage that?" Let's just say, a little birdie from the inside dropped a treasure trove of info into our laps, and we've been working non-stop, deciphering, analyzing, and figuring out how to make this alien tech work for us, the common folk.

Here's the kicker: this ain't just about reading the aliens' diary. No, sir. We're on the brink of transforming this knowledge into actual, tangible products that YOU might get your hands on in the not-so-distant future. Think about it – gadgets and gizmos powered by technology that's light-years ahead of anything we've got now. We're talking energy solutions that could put the big, greedy power companies out of business, healing devices that could make the pharmaceutical moguls shake in their boots, and, who knows, maybe even a real-life hoverboard that doesn't explode under your feet.

But here's where it gets even more interesting. Our team's been working in the shadows, piecing together the puzzle, and what we've found is... well, let's just say it's gonna blow the lid off everything. The powers that be ain't gonna like it one bit when we start sharing what we've discovered. They've been keeping us in the dark for too long, but the truth has a way of coming out, especially when GalacticGuru's on the case.

So, stay tuned, my fellow truth warriors. Keep your eyes on this space because we're about to launch humanity into a new era, courtesy of our friends from the stars. And when the time comes, you'll wanna be front and center for the revelation that's gonna shake the world to its core.

Remember, the future is ours to claim. Let's make it a good one.

Stay vigilant,

GalacticGuru

Top comment upvoted over ten thousand times

"Still waiting on the refunds on the b***S*** you promised and never shipped, you sleazy con man!"

The following was from the religious news letter Divine Daily

Subject: A Heavenly Opportunity Awaits Us

Dear Divine Daily Readers,

In an unprecedented event that promises to expand our understanding of the heavens, humanity stands on the brink of a new dawn. As our leaders prepare to meet with our celestial visitors, we are reminded of the vastness of God's creation and the endless mysteries it holds.

This encounter is not just a moment of scientific breakthrough; it is a divine appointment, an opportunity to learn more about the universe God has created for us. As we await the revelations that will emerge from this meeting, let us pray for wisdom, humility, and discernment. May the knowledge gained be used to glorify God and benefit humanity, illuminating our path towards a future where love and understanding reign supreme.

In these exciting times, let us hold fast to our faith, remembering that in all things, God's will be done.

Blessings and peace,

The Divine Daily Team

Press release, same day as the receptions

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NASA, in Cooperation with Global Space Agencies, Announces Historic Reception with Extraterrestrial Representatives

NASA, alongside international partners from various global space agencies, is proud to announce a landmark reception to be held with representatives from the recently arrived extraterrestrial delegation. This momentous occasion marks a pivotal point in human history, as we stand on the precipice of a new era of cosmic understanding and interstellar diplomacy.

In the spirit of transparency and global cooperation, NASA and its partners wish to inform the public that a recording of the reception will be made available to the public following the event. This initiative ensures that people around the world will have the opportunity to witness this unprecedented gathering and the exchange of knowledge between humanity and our visitors from beyond the stars.

Furthermore, NASA and the participating agencies are committed to the dissemination of all relevant scientific findings and data obtained from our interactions with the extraterrestrial representatives. Within a 72-hour window post-reception, we pledge to release this invaluable information, thereby fostering a global environment of learning, collaboration, and growth.

We stand united in our endeavor to embark on this new journey with openness, curiosity, and a shared desire for peace and prosperity for all beings, human and otherwise. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to navigate this extraordinary chapter in human history.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Extant By anternet001

Science Fiction

4 0 1
A Science-Fantasy story
92 0 4
The world has always been bent on finding out if there other life out there in space. Join Scott and the rest in this Sci_Fi novel on his everyday st...