Big Kid School 4: Senior Year

By grdy30

After long three years of high school, senior year has finally come around for Mackenzie and Bluey. Senior ye... More

A Turn For The Worse
White Beaches
A First Time For Everything
Internal Dilemmas
The Presentation
A Fairly Good Time
Hungry Hound
Taking Orders
The Perfect Gift
What You Wish For
Senior Skip Day

Matchmaking

478 9 6
By grdy30

Upon arriving at school, Bluey and Mackenzie went about their day fairly normally, making sure to drop hints to their best friends as part of their plan.

Flashback: At Lunch

Mackenzie: "Did you guys hear that Chloe is planning on going to the formal alone?"

Lucky: "That's sad, hopefully she'll find someone to go with"

Mackenzie: "You should go with her, eh?"

Lucky began to hide a slight blush and he started to stutter.

Lucky: "M-maybe as friends"

Jean-Luc: "You would only have to go as friends, so it wouldn't be so bad"

Rusty: "Jean-Luc's right mate"

Lucky: "I'll think about it"

Present

Bluey: "How'd it go with Lucky today?"

Mackenzie: "Alright, I suppose; he said he'd consider it"

Bluey: "Chloe was mostly the same"

Flashback: At Lunch

Bluey: "Are you girls ready for the formal?"

Coco: "I'm so excited! I just wish I had a date though..."

Chloe: "Yeah same..."

Bluey: "You know, there are some guys who don't have dates yet. I think Lucky doesn't have one"

The table remains silent for a moment before Chloe responds.

Chloe: "Well that's too bad"

Bluey: "Maybe you should go with him Chloe?"

Chloe: "Maybe, but just as friends"

Bluey: "Will you consider it?"

Chloe: "I suppose"

Present

Mackenzie: "Well now that we've entertained the idea, why don't we set up a date?"

Bluey: "Yes, but where?"

Mackenzie: "Movie?"

Bluey: "Too basic"

Mackenzie: "Dinner?"

Bluey: "Too expensive"

Mackenzie: "How about watching the sunset at the park? It's free and easy"

Bluey: "That could work; I'll text Chloe to meet me at Jacaranda Park at 8:00"

Mackenzie: "I'll do the same with Lucky"

Lucky

Lucky arrives at Jacaranda Park, searching for his best friend. He attempts to call him but he is left with no response. He begins to trace his steps around the beautiful park filled with lavender jacarandas. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots a black and white dog, but not necessarily the one he's looking for.

Lucky: "H-hey Chloe, what are you doing here?"

Chloe: "Same could be said for you"

Lucky: "Mackenzie told me to meet here at 8:00"

Chloe: "That's funny, Bluey told me the same thing"

Lucky: "Haha, what a coinkydink"

Lucky immediately turns red out of embarrassment as Chloe laughs at the cringe wording.

Chloe: "A 'coinkydink', eh? You're funny"

Lucky: "I suppose so..."

Chloe: "Wanna go wait over there on that bench while we wait?"

Lucky: "S-sure"

The two dogs walk over to the bench with a scenic overlook which looks over the city

Chloe: "So I take it that our friends abandoned us"

Lucky: "Wouldn't be the first time.."

Chloe: "What do you mean?"

Lucky: "Mackenzie's always spending all his time with Bluey"

Chloe: "Sounds like someone's jealous"

Lucky: "I am not!"

Chloe gives him a look which immediately makes him rethink his statement

Lucky: "Well, maybe a little bit..."

Chloe: "It's ok, I understand. It can be frustrating at times. They're a perfect couple. It's almost like they're meant for each other and the stars have just aligned. Meanwhile I'm just left to wait for my turn."

Lucky: "Wow, that's exactly how I feel"

Chloe: "Yeah, I just try to suppress those feelings. I don't want to lose my best friend"

Lucky: "I haven't been as good at doing that. I give Mackenzie a lot of crap and maybe I shouldn't"

Chloe: "Wow Lucky, I never knew you were this deep"

Lucky: "There's a lot of things you don't know about me"

Chloe: "Oh yeah, like what?"

Lucky: "Well...nevermind"

Chloe: "Just know that if you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm your girl"

Lucky: "Thanks, Chloe"

The two began to converse over life and school as they basked in the beauty of the surrounding landscape. The sun began to set leaving its bright colors behind to give way into the darkness of the night. It was a sunset unlike any other, with the sun disappearing to a landscape of vivid pink and tangerine...

Mackenzie

Mackenzie made his way over to Lucky to discuss the events of the night before.

Mackenzie: "Hey Lucky, sorry about not making it to the park last night"

Lucky: "Where were you bro?"

Mackenzie: "My dad made me do something"

Lucky: "Sure buddy, sure"

Mackenzie: "Anyways, what'd you do?"

Lucky: "Well, Chloe was there and we talked for a while"

Mackenzie: "Oh, finally talking to a girl I see"

Lucky rolls his eyes and scoffs at the remark

Lucky: "We actually hit it off a bit and we ended up talking for about an hour"

Mackenzie: "Good on you mate"

Lucky: "Yeah, I think we might go back out for dinner or something later this week"

Mackenzie: "At this rate, you'll be asking her to the formal by next week"

Lucky: "Maybe, I don't know"

Just then, the bell rings signaling for a class change and the two go their separate ways. Mackenzie begins to look for Bluey to tell her the news.

Mackenzie: "Bluey, Bluey"

Bluey: "What is it Kenzie?"

Mackenzie: "Apparently the 'date' went well and they're going out for dinner later this week"

Bluey: "That's great Kenzie!"

Mackenzie: "Yeah, I know. Maybe now Lucky will stop being so jealous"

Bluey: "Anyways, do you know what's coming up Kenzie?"

Mackenzie: "Umm...no??"

Bluey: "Not one guess?"

Mackenzie: "Nope"

Bluey: "It's my birthday silly"

Mackenzie: "Oh, right..."

Bluey: "Anyways, can you come to my party? It's nothing big, only my family members"

Mackenzie: "As long as you think your family won't mind"

Bluey: "It shouldn't be a problem. Just be weary of my cousins"

Mackenzie shudders at the thought of Muffin

Mackenzie: "Sure, I'll come"

Bluey: "Great, now let's get to class"

And so the two matchmakers walked to class...together.

Author's Yap Session

Sorry for the delay! It's a short chapter, as always. This time, I'm keeping the yapping to a minimum. Next chapter either in a week or six months, idk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
204K 5.6K 43
When Claire got pregnant from a one-night stand her senior year, she knew she didn't want the same life for her daughter. Now, 17 years later, she wi...
51 0 16
Miyah and her friends are seniors at craig jones high school whats happens when they each fall in love with the schools athletes heart breakers will...
555 7 16
She was the competitive gymnast who felt like no one loved her. He was the baseball player who had loved her for a while. When these two high school...