The Show Must Go On || Alastor

By ahelplessfangirl_47

Y/N Morningstar. Twin sister to Charlie (although older by 3 minutes) and heir to the throne of hell. What ha... More

A/N and Welcome
- INTRODUCTION -
EPISODE 1: OVERTURE
- CHAPTER 1 -
- CHAPTER 2 -
EPISODE 2: RADIO KILLED THE VIDEO STAR
- CHAPTER 3 -
EPISODE 3: SCRAMBLED EGGS

- CHAPTER 4 -

408 19 4
By ahelplessfangirl_47

OMG GUYS WE'RE ALMOST AT 2K READS I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the late update, this ones a bit longer so I hope it makes up for it! Remember to comment, I love reading them :) 

OK ENJOY~

"Welcome home..." Vox slams open the doors to his broadcast room, walking menacingly towards the screens, his smile wide and unhinged. "I'm gonna make you wish that you'd stayed gone, say hello, to a new status quo..."

He sits down in his chair, turning to face the screens as wires attach themselves to the back of his head. "Everyone knows that it's a brand new dawn, turn the TV on!!!"

Vox connects to the internet, and a voice counts down from three before he's revealed as a news anchor. "Top of the hour and we're discussing a certain has-been who has been spotted cavorting around town after a seven year absence. Did anybody miss him? Did anybody notice? More on tonight's program–"

The scene shifts, this time 2 copies of Vox are present in a talk show-like program. "So the radio demon is back in town,"

"Why's he hanging around?"

"What does that mean for your family? Well handily, I've got good news– he's a loser, a fossil, and I don't mean to sound hostile but the demon is a coward!" He sings with venom and hate clear in his voice.

"You can take that as gospel! Pulling my viewers? Impossible. I'm visual, he's barely audible. Stop giving him the time of day, don't listen to a word he'd say, I hope he had a nice vacay, but he SHOULD'VE STAYED AWAY!"

Alastor and Y/N step out of the tailor shop, each with large grins on their faces as they stroll down the street. Y/N looks through the window of a jewelry shop, eyeing a simple necklace with a small deer antler charm, unaware of the demon next to her watching her with curiosity. Alastor glances at the TV screens, his smile becoming strained as he looks at Vox's announcements. "While he hid in radio, we pivoted to video! Now his medium is getting bloody rare,"

Y/N frowns, looking back and forth between the two demons in question. Alastor notices her curious look and gestures for her to follow him. "It appears I have some business to take care of. Would you like to accompany me to my recording studio my dear?" She nods, and the two of them make their way back to the hotel, quickly passing through the lobby and climbing the stairs to the recording studio.

"Hells been better since he split– where's he been? Who gives a shit!"

"Salutations! Good to be back on the air," Alastor sings, broadcasting his voice over Vox's with a cocky smirk forming on his face. Y/N sits behind him on another chair that Alastor pulled in for her, watching the exchange.

"Yes I know it's been a while since someone with style treated hell to a broadcast– Sinners, rejoice!"

"What a dated voice," Vox shoots back in irritation.

"Instead of a clout-chasing mediocre video podcast. Is Vox insecure, pursuing allure? Flitting between this fad and that, is nothing working?"

"Ignore his chirping!" Y/N laughs lightly, noticing how worked up Vox is getting while Alastor seems to care less.

"Every day he's got a new format,"

"You're looking at the future, he's the SHIT THAT COMES BEFORE THAT!"

"Is Vox as strong as he purports, or is it based on his supports? He'd be powerless without the other Vees~"

"Oh please,"

"And here's the sugar on the cream, he asked me to join his team–"

"Hold on!"

"I said no and now he's pissy, that's the tea~!" Y/N raises her eyebrows at this in question, before laughing as Alastor leans back in his chair and kicks up his feet.

"You old-timey prick, I'll show you s-s-suffering!" Vox's face and voice starts to glitch as he glares at the radio demon.

"Uh oh, the TV is buffering," Alastor taunts, enjoying the sight of seeing his rival so riled up.

"I'll destroy y-yo-uuu..." Vox's power sparks around him violently, causing almost all of pentagram city to be thrown into a blackout. The eerie red light from Alastor's broadcast studio seems to be the only thing that hasn't gone out. "I'm afraid you've lost your signal."

Alastors voice turns a bit more menacing, as he begins to grow taller a more of his full demon form is revealed. "Let's begin, I'm gonna make you wish that I stayed gone, tune on in. When I'm done, your status quo will know it's race is run, oh this will be fun,"

~

"I'm sorry you had to see me get so worked up my dear," Alastor apologized as he and Y/N descended from the recording studio.

Y/N waved him off with a carefree grin. "It's alright, Al. Besides, it's funny to see Voxy riled up."

He turns to her, smile becoming strained. "Voxy? I wasn't aware that the two of you were acquainted."

Y/N shrugs. "Yeah, I met him and the rest of the Vee's a few years back at one of those overlord meetings," Her voice turned sour. "My dad thought it would be a good idea for me to act as an ambassador of sorts, ya know– help him keep an eye on the overlords." She looked down in thought, and Alastor could sense the wave of fury fall over her. "Of course he never bothered to read any of the reports I sent in... and he didn't notice when I stopped sending them altogether."

Alastor paused. "And yet you still went?"

She sighed. "Yeah– I actually started to enjoy them, in some weird way. It's interesting to know what's going on in hell, and sometimes you overlords aren't half bad."

He hummed in response, and the two descended the stairs into the lobby, where Charlie was eagerly explaining the hotel to Sir Pentious.

Y/N gave her an alarmed look, as the snake demon had been trying to kill them mere hours ago.

"-- and here is our maid Nifty!" Charlie introduces the snake demon. Y/N stands next to Alastor at the base of the stairs, arms crossed and a small glare set on the new visitor. "... we're about 80% sure she's harmless. And over here, we have– oh!"

Charlie turns around, looking at her sister and the radio demon. "This is Y/N, my sister and partner in crime, and this is Alastor! Our gracious facility manager." Charlie introduces the two, a slight shake to her voice as she notices the set glares the two demons have on Sir Pentious.

"You two have met our newest guest, Sir Pentious...?" She laughs nervously as her sister gives her an unimpressed look.

"Ah yes, you're the one who ruined my coat!" Alastor acknowledges in a condescending tone before his voice shifts, heavy radio static accompanying it, "I definitely remember you now,"

Y/N smirks. "Yes, I do seem to recall the high pitched scream you let out as Al flung you to the other side of the pentagram." She comments cheekily, putting a hand on her hip.

Sir Pentious gulped, quivering slightly under the gazes of two of the most powerful demons in hell.

"Well, I guess this is a great time for your first lesson– how to apologize!" Charlie pipes. "The first step to being a better person is to admit when you are wrong! Why don't you give it a try?" Charlie pushes Sir Pentious towards Alastor while Y/N shifts over to her sister. "You sure about this?" She asked, concern laced in her voice. Charlie simply nods enthusiastically and the two turn their attention back to the demons in front of them.

"Yes, um," Sir Pentious starts nervously. "Mr. um, Radio Demon sir– please forgive me for attacking you and ruining your very lovely coat... um, here," He offers the small scrap of fabric that he managed to tear off of Alastor's coat.

The Radio demons grin widens. "Oh! Not many people have been able to take even this much off me, it must have meant quite a lot to you." As he finishes, he lights a small green flame on his fingers, turning the scrap of fabric to ash in front of the snake demon, who watches with wide, frightened eyes.

~

After a get to know you activity that ended in Angel deemed "stupid", the hotel staff sat on the couch, watching the 'play' that Charlie put together for one of the days activities.

Angel Dust stood with a bored expression on his face, the long gray trench coat hanging off of his lean frame. He holds the script up, speaking in a sarcastic tone, "I'm a bad man on the streets who never got any hugs– where's an innocent kid I can sell crack to?"

He looked over the piece of paper and towards Sir Pentious, who stood across from him in a stereotypical school kid outfit, holding a large lollipop. "Wow– who wrote this?" He exclaims, looking towards the sisters for an explanation. Y/N cringes slightly, while Charlie beams up at him. "It's great, right? Keep going!"

Angel rolls his eyes. "Hey you–"

"Who? Me~?" Sir Pentious replies in an exaggerated voice.

"Yeah, you look like a kid who could use some...devil's dandruff?? Oh for fucks sake,"

"Not me," Sir Pentious faces him with a large grin. "I have to go home and study!"

"C'mon kid, it'll make you cool like me... the crackhead."

"The only cool thing here is to sssay no to drugsss! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to not have sexual intercourse before marriage!" The snake demon exclaims triumphantly, and Chalire jumps to her feet in applause.

"Yes! Bravo, bravo!" She walks over to him, showering him in praise.

Y/N smiles at the two, before looking at Angel. Her smile quickly fades seeing his crestfallen expression. She walks over to him. "Hey Angie, nice job," She gives him a half smile that he lightly returns. "Thanks, N/N. I just... need a minute alone for a sec. I'll see you tomorrow." Before she can stop him, he darts up the stairs towards his room, slamming the door behind him.

~

Y/N awoke to a loud slam, followed by multiple shouts. Startled, she leaps out of bed, rushing down the stairs towards the noise.

Arriving at Charlie's office, she is greeted by a sleepy Charlie and Vaggie gazing worriedly at Angel, who was tackling Sir Pentious and holding him in a headlock.

"What's going on?" She questioned as the two demons rose from the ground. Angel Dust shoved Pentious forward. "This little bitch is a traitor!"

"Preposterous!" Pentious defends. "I would never betray you! You are my besssst friendsss," He pulls Vaggie and Charlie into a hug, causing Angel and Y/N to frown at him.

"Uh huh?" Angel Dust challenges, pulling a book out of the way on the shelf. "Then explain this,"

Clear as day, a small VoxTech camera was set up behind the book, making the girls tense.

Pentious' face falls, and he scrambles around the room. "AH! AH! ABORT, ABORT, SOS!!" He runs towards the window, speaking into his watch while trying to pull it open. "AGENT PENTIOUS IN NEED OF IMMEDIATE EVACUATION!!"

Vox's unimpressed face fills the screen. "Pentious? Wait, you were caught?" He laughs. "It hasn't even been a day!"

"Please, you've got to get me out of here–"

"I can't believe we thought you could handle even something this simple– hey, do us a favor–" His voice turns cruel, making Y/N glare at the small watch. "If they don't kill you, go ahead and do it yourself, you misrable failure."

Pentious's eyes fill with tears as he accepts his fate, curling up sadly onto the ground.

"I... just make it quick, I guess. Not that I deserve it,"

Y/N's heart swells. Yes, he was trying to spy on them, but he clearly was bullied by the Vee's into doing it. And looking at him curled into himself, seemly so defeated... it made her want to protect him.

She looked pointedly at her sister, who seemingly had the same thoughts as her. With a soft smile, the two girls lean over the snake demons quivering form, reaching out a hand to help him up.

"Pentious?" Y/N prods gently, getting him to look up at the two girls.

"It starts with sorry," Charlie sings, kindness clear in her voice. "That's your foot in the door, one simple sorry– spoken straight from your core,"

Y/N cuts in, laying a friendly hand on his shoulder. "The path to forgiveness is a twisting trail of hearts, but sorry is where it starts..."

Pentious, now standing up, wipes the tears from his eyes, but still holds a sad expression. "Who could forgive a dirtbag like me?" He sings. "I don't deserve your amnesty,"

Angel and Vaggie interrupt, pushing the two princesses behind them while holding up their weapons defensivly. "Can't we just kill him? Shoot him and spill his blood?"

Charlie grows nervous, "Thats an option you could choose–"

"Works for us,"

Y/N interjects again, while her sister grabs Pentious's hand, spinning him around, "But who hasn't been in his shoes? It starts with sorry–"

"Sorry!" Pentious exclaims, tears pricking his eyes.

"Dig down deeper and say one sincere sorry–"

"I'm so sorry!"

"And your journeys underway,"

The three sing together, "It'll take time to cover, your/my vast multitude of sins! But sorry is where it begins... it starts with sorry,"

"I hated that song!" Nifty complains from the doorway in her cute pink nightgown. "Why are you so lame! Not a bad boy," She gives Pentious a swift kick in the leg before pouting away.

Charlie sighs, a proud grin on her face. "Good first day. C'mon, lets get some rest."

She signals for everyone to follow her out, and everyone files back to their rooms, eager to end the night, unaware of the demon lurking in the shadows, having witnessed the whole exchange with an unreadable smile on his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2K 16
⚠️WARNING⚠️: This story was written and published before the first season was fully released! Details and revelations after the pilot episode were no...
88.3K 1.8K 33
Charlie Morningstar wasn't the only daughter that Lucifer had. He and Lilith had another daughter named Andria Morningstar. Andria adored her older s...
268K 10.9K 44
(π”œπ”žπ”«π”‘π”’π”―π”’! β„Œπ”žπ”·π”Ÿπ”¦π”« β„Œπ”¬π”±π”’π”© 𝔡 π”‰π”žπ”©π”©π”’π”« 𝔄𝔫𝔀𝔒𝔩! β„œπ”’π”žπ”‘π”’π”―) β™₯︎β™₯︎β™₯︎ "𝕀 π•¨π• π•¦π•π••π•Ÿ'π•₯ 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 π•”π• π•žπ•– π•“π•’π•”π•œ π•π•šπ•œπ•– π•₯π•™π•š...