Captured Reflections

By theveiledpoet

"Captured Reflections" is inspired from the great book "Captured Thoughts" by one of my favorite great schola... More

Unveiled Facades
To Keep People
to make a love at home
muster the courage to show love
change
A hand to hold
On potentials
on leaving people to grow
on self-tarbiyyah
lost in familiarity
aftermath
Self-blame
classy without money
Dress Up Properly
to keep or let go
back to square one
I do forget
being paid
Put down the baggage
fix or heal
to make her stay
peace of mind
how deep do I love?
pandesal and fried chicken
a transition
a fleeting home
luxury
Temporary
hikma behind
no wrong person
Blind Spots
expectation
to be here
to cross a burning bridge
to be the best to family

fit in the metaphors

3 0 0
By theveiledpoet

Some days, your emotions no longer fit in the metaphors. You shed all the blood just exactly how they look like. You break just how the way your insides says. But the way you break can't even manifest what's happening behind your ribcage. Your words can't express how exactly your thoughts rumble inside your head.

You wish you could free them all behind the metaphors. You wish you could express them beyond the bars of limitations. But some days, it's the world that tells you that you have no place to go. And that Allāh is the only retreat and refuge of a crying soul.

A point in time, you understand that Allāh is the only One who can Understand you. The rest of the world will be unavailable no matter how they strive to run and save you. Barriers will come and they won't reach you no matter what they do. And the Rabb is the only saving, you should run thereto.

A moment will come when you'd bleed the authenticity of pain. And only to Allāh you would do it to look sane. The rest of the world will never understand. Heart break after heart break will come from them myriad times.

Indeed, only to Allāh, can heart be perfectly understood. Perhaps a many a time I expected that His creation will do was an idea in delude. A moment will come when you have nothing to run to. A moment will come when you'd ultimate realize why to Allāh—you should only rely onto.

—Veiled Poet | fit in the metaphors

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 5.5K 107
Huzaifah and Safoora are siblings attending a faraway islamic boarding school where memorizing the Quran and academic education is compulsory. They a...
177K 11.5K 36
"Are you sure you're there to make peace?" I questioned him. He gave me a confusion look. "Excuse me?" he asked with annoyance in his voice. "If you'...
22.1K 1.1K 48
This new sensual feeling made him excited like a horse that was aggressively running to win the race. He was still consumed by the alcohol, the rain...
41 0 10
This book was written right after the 9/11 attacks that were staged in the two big cities of the United States of America in 2001 and it was explaine...