Upshift - Danielle of newjean...

By Andrethelegend27

Y/n Yu never believed in love at first sight, in his mind, he was more likely to run to the barriers of a rac... More

Upshift
Wiki page: Y/N Yu
Chapter 1 - The Invite
Chapter 3 - Driving By
Chapter 4 - Are U Ready?
Chapter 5 - Shot Through the Heart
Chapter 6 - Only for a Moment
Chapter 7 - Talking Stage
Chapter 8 - Situtationship
Chapter 9 - Perhaps Love
Intermission 1: Korean GP 24

Chapter 2 - Homecoming

352 18 2
By Andrethelegend27

Korea's Formula One Prince Returns!

His return to Korea for the upcoming Korean Grand Prix!

(March 3rd 2024)

Y/N Yu, the first Korean Formula One driver, who is a driver for the Aston Martin Aramco Formula One team, has arrived in Korea ahead of the upcoming Korean Grand Prix, which was last on the calendar back in 2013.

The 21-year-old driver, who is the famous younger sibling of Karina of aespa, was seen exiting the airport early in the morning today in high spirits, waving at fans whilst he got into his transport leaving the airport.

The young driver is a rising star in the world of Formula One, and is responsible for rekindling the interest of Korean citizens in the sport. He is set to appear soon on an undisclosed show during his time back in Korea.

Let us wish him all the best for his upcoming races!

~~~~~

"My son!!!"

Y/N was crushed in the hug of his Father, Yu Junghoon, as he stepped into his childhood home.

"Hi appa!" Y/N happily hugged his Father back, wheezing slightly. Despite his stature, his Father was still a fit 51-year-old man.

"Welcome back home my boy," Yu Junghoon let Y/N go, taking his bag from him as Y/N took off his windbreaker and sunglasses, "how was the flight from Bahrain? You look like you've lost weight my dear boy!" he started to fuss over Y/N, causing Y/N to smile.

"I'm fine appa! I slept as well as I could with Lance snoring, and I swear I've gained muscle rather than lost weight!"

"Nonsense! You look like you got stretched!"

"Where's omma and Jihye noona appa?" Y/N asked, as he took a seat at the couch.

"Your omma is at work," Yu Junghoon said, sitting down in an armchair himself, "and your noona is in class right now."

"Do you wanna go out now appa? Let's go buy some food, I'll cook dinner tonight!"

"No way I'm letting you cook right after your flight and race!" Yu Junghoon said indignantly.

"Yes way! Let's go! Let's take my car!"

~~~~~

"There's so much buzz about the upcoming race!"

Haerin's voice cut through the minivan that the NewJeans members were situated in, as they made their way from their dorm to their latest photoshoot with Vogue magazine.

Haerin's statement was made as the minivan's radio was tuned to a radio show.

'And in other news, after a gap of 11 years, Formula One is making a comeback to South Korea as the Korean Grand Prix has been reinstated for the 2024 Race Season. Among the highlights of this year's season is the involvement of Y/N Yu, the first South Korean Formula One driver, racing for the Aston Martin Formula One team. Y/N Yu, the younger sibling of Karina from aespa, is set to make his Korean racing debut this coming weekend. His performance last year and latest success in the Bahrain Grand Prix are proving to be a challenge for Max Verstappen, the defending 3-time Formula One World Drivers' Champion.'

"Aren't you going to watch the race this weekend Hanni unnie?" Hyein asked from her spot in the backseat with Haerin.

"I am, Dani's going with me!" Hanni said from her seat in the middle with Minji, with Danielle situated in the passenger seat.

"I hope you two have fun!" Minji said whilst Dani smiled to herself.

~~~~~

~~~~~

"Oh my god! If it isn't the Bahrain Grand Prix winner!!!" Yu Jihye exclaimed as she stepped into the Yu household, giving Y/N Yu yet another bone-crushing hug.

"Hey Jihye noona," Y/N squeaked, wincing slightly from the hug. His sister was deceptively strong, "How's my favourite nurse?"

"Excuse me? I thought I was your favourite nurse?" the joking tone of his Mother, Yu Sunmi nee Lee, drifted in from the living room.

"You're my favourite pediatric nurse, omma! Jihye noona is my favourite psychiatric nurse!" Y/N quickly made his way, sitting next to his mother on the couch and leaning on her shoulder, his father chuckling from the dining room as he tended to his small succulent plant: a small gift from Y/N to celebrate his first ever podium finish back in 2023.

"How long are you going to stay in Korea Y/N?" Jihye asked, as she took the armchair that her father usually took, crossing her legs as she sagged into the leather. "Leaving immediately to Abu Dhabi right after the race?"

"I'm going to stay in Korea for a little longer, I got a full week until the next race after this week."

"Why don't you meet some of my friends?" Jihye enthusiastically asked, resulting in a loud groan from Y/N.

"Like I told Jimin noona, 'NO', please Jihye noona. I'm not interested in dating, let me build up my career first!"

"Now now, Jihye, let your younger brother be," their mother interjected, sitting up straight, as the sound of the oven timer ending sounded from the kitchen.

"That's dinner ready! Who's ready to be amazed by my cooking?" Y/N jumped up from the couch, moving to the kitchen as his family slowly, and smiling, made their way to the dining room, having missed the energy that the youngest child brought with him.

A/N: another update!!! Starting to introduce the Instagram of Danielle and her finista!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 998 40
The Ghost King is a supervillain, and he's searching for something. Nico di Angelo is a villain to the whole city; the media is on his back daily, an...
118K 11.7K 30
Step into the captivating world of 'Yasmin,' a poignant tale of love, betrayal, and redemption. When Yasmin's life collides with Fahad's through an a...
669K 40.9K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...