Wasl

By wittypenart

"وقت بھی گزر جائینگے، بڑی عجیب مُلاقات ہوگی جب ہم ملیں گے وصل کی رات میں اور شمبنی برسات ہوگی" It wasn't supp... More

۰Dedication۰
۰Characters and Aesthetic۰
۰Prlogue۰
۰01۰ Empowered/با اختیار
۰02۰ Son/بیٹا
۰03۰ Bickering/جھڑپ
۰04۰ Fiance/منگیتر
۰05۰ Invite/دعوت نامہ
۰06۰ Feast/دعوت
۰07۰ Preparations/تیاریاں
۰08۰ Rebel/ باغی
۰09۰ Reject/مسترد
۰10۰ Humiliation/ ذلت
۰11۰ Aftermath/نتیجہ
۰12۰ Conspiracy/سازش
۰13۰ Choas/ افراتفری
۰14۰ Proposition/تجویز
۰15۰ Alliance/ رِشتہ
۰16۰ Consent/ رضامندی
۰17۰ Conditions/ شرائط
۰18۰ Sacred/ مُقدّس
۰19۰ Agreement/ سمجھوتا
۰20۰ Mishap/ حادثہ
۰21۰ Bond/ بندھن
۰23۰ Vote/ رائے
۰24۰ Suspicious / مشکوک
۰25۰ Evil / برائی
۰26۰ Wish/ خواہش
۰27۰ Animosity/ دشمنی
۰28۰ Date Fix/ تاریخ

۰22۰ Bombshell/ حیرت انگیز

301 34 0
By wittypenart

The sun hasn't risen yet. It was still half dusk half dawn as the sky was painted in mixed hues of different shades of day and night. The call of Fajr prayer sounded not too long ago and the atmosphere was still post-mid dawn. The breeze was cold and comfortably chilly. Many would be sleeping, enjoying the deep slumber of sleep as the weather dropped down a notch. It was cool and calming. Refreshing and windy.

The house was basked in darkness, as it should be. The low voices of the birds were audible through the silent living room. However, a tall figure loomed by the window. Keeping a cup of coffee in one hand, Ahad's hardened eyes were pinned straight at nothing. His stare was empty. No emotion visible in those orbs as he took a sip from his cup. Putting the cup on the stool placed on the side, Ahad's eyes darted to the crumbled note kept on the same stool he placed his cup on. His jaw hardened so tightly against his bones structure, it would break if little applied little more pressure, like literally.

His hand shot up to take the note in it's grip and he read it for the umpteenth time. The words made his anger run red hot. Boiling in his bones with such intensity, it was oozing from his aura as his fist clenched at his sides.

"For so long, I've longed your touch. I've been deprived of your scent. Dreaming about you each and every day. Waiting till the day I'll finally hold you tight in my arms. The wait is agonizing, my love.
But we're going to be together soon. 
Your Love."

Crunching the already damaged paper note in his hold, he felt like finding the person who wrote it in the first place and beat the living crap out of him. It could have been a mistake that this note was sent to Sahar. But it didn't seem like one. The flowers were colourful, just as Sahar likes them. He bought the same kind for her too. It's been days since their last meet up. He's been busy since then. He hired someone to investigate the mystery behind these unwanted flowers and disgusting notes. And the fact that it wasn't the first time she recieved something like that boiled his anger even more.

His anger ridden state was disturbed as he heard footsteps approaching. He knew his mother would be coming down the stairs. She never sleeps after morning prayer. He quickly thrust the note in his pocket and faced the hall. His mother's footsteps stopped as she glanced at him

"You're awake early today."

Rubina said as she walked toward the kitchen to prepare morning tea for herself. Ahad too followed her and sat down on the kitchen stool.

"You need coffee?" She asked. He shook his head in a no. He just had one.

"You seem stressed out these days. Did something happen?"

Rubina asked as she sat down and sipped her tea occasionally.

"It's work."

He hadn't told his mother about his injury yet. She would just worry unnecessarily. The wound had healed almost completely. No need telling her.

"How are things between you and Sahar?"

Ahad glanced at his mother, but she only looked at him seriously. He had a feeling she was doing this on purpose. She likes teasing him to no end. He didn't show any emotion and just went with a neutral answer

"It's good. We're getting to know each other."

"I can't wait to bring her home. I should talk to your grandmother. It's been more than a couple of weeks. We shouldn't be delaying any more."

He really didn't know how to feel about that. He just glanced at his mother and said

"Whatever you deem right."

He stood up and walked to the fridge. Taking out eggs and vegetables, he told his mother

"Let me prepare today's breakfast for you."

Rubina smiled at her son. It was another habit he took from his father. Alam often prepared breakfast for the three of them. It wasn't often since he spent most of the time with Ghazal for reasons that hurt Rubina, but he was still the best husband she could ever ask for. An emotional mist covered her eyes as she remembered her husband. She quickly wiped the tears away, not wanting her son to catch her crying.

"Here you go."

Ahad announced as he put the plate of omelette with buttered toast in front of her. He seemed proud of his cooking, although it was the only thing he knew how to make. To Rubina, it was his efforts that count.

"Come on, have breakfast with me."

She told him while digging into her food and he joined a second later. Both mother and son enjoyed a hearty breakfast filled with their bickering and occasional teasing.
*********************

Ahad put his sunglasses over his eyes and opened the door of his car only to be stopped by the voice of his grandmother calling out to him. He took off his glasses and glanced back. There stood Sawera by the support of her cane. She looked oddly tired. Woman like her who was always tip top and in classiest of dressing, she opted for a simple shalwar kameez with a beige chaddar draped over her shoulders. Her hair were tied in a low bun and she supported a frown on her lips.

"Take me to my doctor. I have a check up today."

She said and walked briskly toward the car. His instincts took over and he forwarded his hand to help her which she took without complaining heightening his worries. Sawera never liked when people helped her like she's some old granny who couldn't take a step without a hand. She hated feeling weak and powerless.

"Are you feeling alright?"

He couldn't help, but ask. He recieved no answer, but he knew she was ill. Gently assisting her with the seat belt, he rounded the car and sat inside. Igniting the engine, he deliberately drove at a medium speed.

"Are you feeling sick?"

He tried to get an answer again which he did. Not quite the real one, but an answer indeed.

"It's just normal cold."

He nodded his head and silently drove to the hospital she usually went to. He helped her once again, but once they were inside the hospital premises, her mask of steel woman returned and she refused to take his help. He too didn't offer it accepting her decision. Sawera amid feeling weak, walked with her head held high toward the doctors cabin. Once they reached, she turned to Ahad and told him

"Wait here. I'll be back in a few minutes."

His eyebrows drew closer in a frown. Confusion marred his features as he addressed his grandmother

"Why? Is there something you're hiding from me?"

He questioned, worried something was wrong with her. A deep sigh escaped Sawera's lips and she toned her voice a notch softer

"I'm fine, bachay."

He was taken aback by the sudden endearment but didn't comment on it. Nodding his head at her, he politely sat down on the chair while she went inside. Ahad had a feeling something was wrong about the way his grandmother acted. She rarely ever show any emotions much rather affection in front of a crowd. She hated being vulnerable. It made her feel exposed to every eye looking her way. His thoughts took a really deep turn and he started to analyze every move of Sawera. He was so engrossed in his own mind that he didn't even hear his grandmother approaching him

"Ahad?"

He looked up at the sudden voice and stood up at the sigh of her. Her mask of indifference was back and he noticed another presence between them. It was the lady doctor that Sawera consulted with.

"I'm done. We should leave."

Saying that, she started to walk in the direction of the exit. Ahad, who was still wary of the entire situation, asked the doctor for confirmation

"Is she alright? Is she ill or something like that?"

The doctor, Dr. Zeba, smiled politely at him and set his worries to rest.

"She's absolutely fine. She just caught a minor flu and it fatigued her muscles. All she needs is rest."

Hearing the doctor, his worry calmed down several notches. Thanking the doctor, he too walked out of the hospital and sat in the car.

"Let's go to the company. We'll be late for the meeting."

He looked at his grandmother and nodded. A silver of worry clouded his heart because Sawera rarely visited ever since he took over. Maybe she was satisfied with everything. He hadn't told anyone about the incident excluding Sahar who too just knew fractions of details. He kept it to himself and currently an investigation was in process to find the cause of the fire. He steered the car in the company private parking lot and slid the door open. Sawera too got out and they entered the company. Many heads turned in their direction, some in surprise, some in shock. They both silently entered the elevator however a strong aura of confidence excluded only from their presence alone. The elevator dinged at the seventeenth floor and they got out. His assistant was already waiting for him. Her eyes slightly widened at the figure of Sawera, but she masked it up perfectly.

"Good morning Sir and Madam."

She politely greeted them and told Ahad

"Everything is ready for the meeting."

He nodded his head and walked to the meeting hall along with his grandmother. As soon as they entered, the entire hall got silent. No one was expecting the CEO to come herself for the meeting. Even Zafar seemed surprised as well. Everyone stood up and greeted her while she only acknowledged them with a little tip of her head. Zafar's eyes darted to Ahad for an explanation, but he was just as clueless as everyone else. He quietly took his chair and sat down.

"What are the updates on the ongoing drug?"

Ahad briefed her onto the details and she looked satisfied with the outcome.

"The drug will hit the market in three months time."

Ahad announced and everyone was happy. Sawera nodded her head and then directed her eyes at no one in particular

"What about the fire that took place in the labs? Any updates?"

At her question, everyone's lips were glued shut. No one expected her to ask the question. Her stern eyes darted to Ahad and stared into his eyes with such accusation that he felt guilty for a second for keeping the incident from her.

"The investigation is still in process. We don't know for certain, but I think it has something to do with the chemicals. Maybe they weren't checked properly."

Sawera nodded her head and faced everyone else.

"I've come here to announce something very important to you all."

Every ear perked up at her statement and focused on her attentively.

"I hereby announce that I'm stepping down from this position. I think it's time we have a new figure leading this company. Someone trustworthy and capable to handle the stress and challenges that come with this position. With a new mindset and broader outlook"

Zafar's eye twitched as he tried to read his mother's eyes. She didn't convey anything, just bland empty stare. He couldn't help, but ask his mother

"Do you have someone in mind?"

Sawera turned at his voice and nodded her head. His insides grew agitated.

"Who is it?"

One of the board members asked. All the time Ahad sat still. He was quiet surprised at the turn of events.

"I vouch Ahad, son of Alam, your late COO'S son to take this position."

A series of reactions followed the room while Ahad sat straight in his chair. He was shocked. He knew he might be the CEO, but nothing was ever certain. Sawera's sudden drop down from the position didn't help his surprise at all.

"Isn't he too young and immature for this role? I don't mean to offend, but there's still so much he has to learn."

Many agreed with the one member who spoke and Sawera expected the refusal. She faced one many years ago and she knew history would repeat itself. She would do exactly what happened years ago.

"The vote will take place in two days time. If majority agrees with him being CEO, we'll move forward. At the end of the day, it's your decision I follow."

She concluded the meeting and walked out of the meeting hall. Everyone started to talk amongst themselves and Ahad caught how his uncle looked quite unpleasant with the news. He knew he won't be getting his vote. It didn't matter. His uncle never showed any sort of affection toward him. So his hatred or ignorance didn't matter at all. He too left the meeting hall and caught his grandmother by the elevator. He jogged up to her and said

"That was quite a surprise."

A small of a laugh defined her lips and she muttered

"I think it's time I take rest from work. I've given too many years to this company. It's all in your hands now. I hope you all the best for the vote."

He bent down a little when his grandmother's hand shot up to run over his head in an elderly gesture. He smiled at her knowning she didn't like behaving this way, yet showed a tinge of affection.

"The driver's here to take me home."

He nodded his head and only left when she the doors closed shut. He walked to his office and threw his blazer onto the chair. A knock sounded on his door and came in the guy he put to find about the flowers mystery. He sat down on the chair and listened to whatever he had to say

"It's the second delivery made to her house, that is true. The sender is still unknown. The delivery was made via fake phone number to an online flower shop. I'll contact the shop and tell you if I find anything else."

Ahad nodded his head at the guy and the guy saw himself out. He drew back in his chair and take out his mobile phone. He hadn't called or messaged his wife yet. Both have been actively talking to each other each night never mind that the talk only lasted for a few minutes or more with just mundane talks, but it still was fun. He dialed her number and hoped she wasn't busy and he caught her in her free time.

"Hello". Her sweet voice followed through the speaker.

"How are you, Wildcat?"

He dropped the nickname and didn't hear anything for a few while. Although the litte sigh told him she wasn't too fond of the nickname. It only motivated him more to use it. He liked teasing his wife.

Such a terrible husband he is!

"I'm fine. How are you?"

He replied to her question and they fell silent after that. He knew she was growing awkward, so he initiated a conversation

"I hope you weren't busy with work."

When she assured him that she was indeed free, he continued

"I have a news to share. I've been vouched for the CEO."

He knew it wasn't something big, but he wanted to share the news with her. He just wanted too.

"That's so amazing. Mashallah, you'll be the best CEO for the company."

Her energetic reaction made him chuckle and he asked

"Itna yaqeen ha apne shohar par?"
(This much trust in your husband?)

"The vote will decide it for me."

He added, but heard her say

"I know you'll be the one. And yes, I have compete trust in your capabilities."

A soft smile danced at his lips at her statement and he thanked her. The two then got indulged in a conversation. Their conversation lasted for about twenty minutes when his secretary knocked at his door reminding him of a meeting.

"Thora kaam bhi karlen ab ap."
(Do some work now)

Her cheeky voice made him laugh out loud and he added

"You're such a clever minx."

Her low chuckled reverbated through the speaker and it made him feel delighted too. Her voice had that calming effect. He, unfortunately had to end the call because of his stupid meeting. Before he could hung up, he heard her hesitant question

"Did you find...umm... anything about the flowers."

Immediately his delighted mood soured, but he composed his emotions and told her

"Nothing solid yet. I'll find whoever that disgusting jerk is. Don't worry. I'll call you later?"

"Later."

He smiled and hung up. He sighed and wore his blazer again and off to the stupid meeting he went.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Asalamoaliukm everyone. Here's another update. I hope you'll like it. There'll be one more update after this one. I won't be updating in the last Ashrah of Ramzan. After another update, the new chapter will come around Eid. Enjoy.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 59.9K 50
Collection of traditional love stories. محفل میں باربار انہی پر نظر گئی ہم نے بچائی لاکھ مگر پھر ادھر گئی 💫Short stories of traditional Pakistani w...
256K 26.4K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...
170K 6.3K 21
پہلی نظر میں کیسا جادو کر دیا تیرا بن بیٹھا ہے میرا جیا 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝖠𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾...
236K 8.9K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...