summer love

By KayDee125

↷☆ Belle Millers. A 17 year old, blonde, bubbly, ray of sunshine. She's reserved, thrives for academic valida... More

aesthetics
↷☆ 1
↷☆ 2
↷☆ 4
↷☆ 5
↷☆ 6
↷☆ 7
↷☆ 8
↷☆ 9
↷☆ 10
↷☆ 11
↷☆ 12

↷☆ 3

142 8 1
By KayDee125

I can't believe I just did that. That was so bold. Normally, I'm the most confident guy in the room. Arrogant even. But why does being in the same room as her make me feel like a nervous 12 year old who just asked out their crush?

I'm the heir to the American mafia, for fucks sake. 

I let out a sigh. I cannot seriously believe I gave her my number. She's beautiful and knowing we even had a conversation makes my heart warm. 

I stare down at my phone on my desk. Will she call me back? What if she doesn't?

I hope she does.

No, I don't care if she does. Obviously. 

What if I do care?

"It's fine to care, Adrian" Liam rolls his eyes, walking into my bedroom. "How did you-"

"I know everything" he chuckles like an evil character in a movie.

I roll my eyes, eager to change the discussion. Any topic other than this. Other than her.

"You were quite confident this morning" I state, referring to him obviously swooning over Jaxon in the cafe we went to.

I'm making it my mission to go there as often as I can by the way. 

"He's hot" he shrugs. 

"You gonna do anything about it?" I question. I already knew Liam was gay. Since we knew each other from 12, we've told each other everything. That's what two kids pulled to grow up faster than they should do. Stick together.

My dad hired Liam as a 'soldier' in a sense. He was part of the backup team, only needed when big events happened. One day, he was dropping off some side-documents to my father and I saw him. Standing in the foyer. 

I knew it was wrong. My dad hiring young children into a mafia. Growing up an heir, there was a lot of pressure. I couldn't have that much pressure on others. Especially, knowing they didn't have the protection of being in the 'Wells' family. For them, it was life or death.

Long story short, I convinced my father to let him out of the mafia. We've remained friends since.

He 'came out' to me a year later. I'm not sure how long he was in acceptance for before he announced it but I'm proud of him. I remember always being so proud of him.

"My suggestion is we go back tomorrow and the day after and every day after that until we bump into him again" he states calmly. 

"Stalker" I mutter.

He walks over to me, slapping me on the head. "I heard that, dumbass."

"Good" I laugh. 

He pounces forward to hit me again but I push my desk chair, I was sitting on, back. I chuckle as he catches himself before he almost fell flat on the floor.

"Bitch" he grumbles, going over to my bed.

Plopping down and laying like a starfish, "he's so gorgeous" he whines to himself.

I sigh. "we'll go tomorrow but if he isn't there, you can just ask for his number. Saves us the trip every day."

"Good idea."

I would've loved to visit Belle everyday but something inside me knew I would be seeing her more. She was going to call. I just know it. Call it a gut instinct if you will.

---

"Your dinners are on the dining table" Tanya said from the hallway, after knocking on my door. She's been working here since I was a baby. She's definitely taken on a maternal role than her original one as a maid. I hate calling people maids. Or servants. That's so... inhuman.

"Thank you, Tanya" I smile. "Thanks mom!" Liam grins, jumping up from the bed, ready to sprint downstairs.

Liam loves calling her mom, even though she obviously isn't. He was placed in an orphanage from a young age and fostered by two bastards who don't give a fuck about him. That's why he lives here. We're practically brothers.

Tanya rolls her eyes at Liam.

"Be quick or the lasagna will go cold" she says before leaving.

"Lasagna?" Liam shouts. I stand up to walk out the room as he is already sprinting down the stairs, "If you told me it was my favorite, I would've finished it by now!"

By the time I get to our over-extravagant dining room, he's already inhaled nearly half. "Gross" I say.

I love annoying him.

He continues to scoff down his food, not stopping for a breath at all. Instead, he holds up his middle finger to me. 

I laugh.

A little while after we finish eating, Liam asks, "you down for a basketball match?"

"When am I not?"

"Good point" he agrees as we stand up. 

We walk outside to our basketball court and play a mock game. Long story short, I beat him 5-4 but it was difficult if I must say. Growing up together means learning basketball at the same time. Everything I know, he does too, and vice versa.

"Good game, master Adrian Wells" Liam bows then holds out his hand for me to shake. 

"You as well, fine sir", I shake his hand.

---

"You motherfucker" I hear someone say. Not shouting nor whispering. Just speaking. In a normal tone. That's what makes it scarier.

What is happening?

I stretch my arms in the air as I peel my duvet off my legs. I tiptoe towards my bedroom door and open it quickly.

 I notice Amanda is standing in her room with the door open, speaking to the phone "I should have seen it coming."

Seconds pass which I assume is the other person replying when she abruptly hangs up.

"Amanda?" I rasp out. 

She jumps around in a flash. "Belle, sweetie... How much of that did you hear?"

"Just the last sentence", I rub my eyes with the backs of my palms. "Oh, it- I.. it was nothing, hon. Go back to sleep."

"No no, who was it? Are you okay?" I ask, concerned. She nods, "nothing for you to worry about, hon. Go to sleep."

A yawn involuntarily leaves my mouth so I nod. Trudging back to my bed, I let the warmth of my duvet put me to sleep again.

---

Usually, I love baking cupcakes. But today, something is off.

It's your lack of sleep, girl...

Push the negative thoughts away.

I take them my freshly baked and now cool cupcakes off the cooling rack and put them onto a plate so I can easily decorate them with the pretty pink frosting I bought. 

My friend, Lacey works at the grocery store and gave me the frosting for free since it was the only thing I was buying. Isn't that so sweet?

I love her, she's so kind.

After whipping a small amount of frosting per cupcake and adding a few sprinkles, I move each one into the display cabinet, ready for them to be bought when we open!

Hopefully people like them.

I quickly tidy up the workstation I dirtied and turn the sign on the door from 'Closed!' to 'Open!'

There's no harm in opening up earlier, right?

I walk back over to the counter and pull out the small spinny chair I rest on sometimes when it's quiet. I unpack my heavy tote bag of textbooks and get to work. Quiet cafe times = studying time of course.

Honestly, I thrive for academic validation. 

The small bell on the cafe door chimes. I can't always hear it due to the commotion in here but since nobody else was here, I could.

A familiar blonde boy walks in. "Hi, Belle" Liam grins.

"Hi!"

I glance behind him subtly to check if Adrian was here or not. Normally they come in as a duo.

He answered my unasked question by stating, "Adrian isn't here today. He's sick."

"Oh! Is he okay?" worry coats my features.

"Yeah, he's fine" he waves his hand, "don't worry about it, pretty. He'll be fine in no time."

I let out a short breath, "hopefully he gets well soon. Is there anything I can do to help him out?"

"N- actually! One thing about Adrian is he loves tea. Obviously you don't have to do anything for him but if you wanted to, I'm sure he's appreciate a cup." he scratches the back of his neck.

"Sure!"

"Wow really? Thank you! Is it fine if I order 2 cookies then I can take you over to our house whenever your free today?"

"That's a great plan! We could quickly pop out now before the regulars come in, is that fine with you?"

He nods. "Amazing" I say as I pick up two cookies and place them into the brown bag. I didn't bother asking which type because he only ever gets the double chocolate flavor. Besides, if he was unhappy with the cookie, he could've stopped me.

As I hand him the bag, I question, "you both live together?"

I stop him before he has the chance to answer, "please don't answer that. I'm so sorry for being insensitive. I didn't mean to intrude or anything-"

"It's fine and yes we do. I've lived in his house since I was a fresh teenager" he laughs, cutting me off.

I nod and let out another breath.

"Let's go" he smiles.

---

A/N: the aesthetics of the pink cupcakes and bag of school books! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 458 19
"𝗜 𝘀𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻'...
2.6K 226 59
𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 Juliet Miller leads a normal life with her family as a senior in high school. Just before she graduat...
381K 7.4K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
6.1M 249K 43
〚FEATURED〛 ⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒ "My pick-up lines are great." "Yeah, and I have a pet llama." "You do??" "No, idiot." ⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒ Arc-en-ciel (n.): Rainbow He's the perfe...