Random Crossover Ideas

By WhiteDragonEmperorX

This Is All ideas for a Naruto/Jaune/Issei Crossover fic not a Actual stories as I Still not Really sure how... More

RWBY X Swallowed Star
Rwby X Soul Land 1 to 4
RWBY X Gamer
RWBY X Eternal Supreme
RWBY X Demon Emperor
Naruto x Multiverse Chat Group
Naruto X Cultivation Chat Group
DXD x Trails of Cold Steel
Naruto X Soul Land
Jaune X Yugioh Gx X Multiverse
Jaune X Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
DXD X Cultivation
RWBY X The Great Ruler
RWBY X God
RWBY X System
RWBY X Cultivation
RWBY Against the Gods
Jaune X Myriad Realms Multiverse Store
Issei The Great Ruler
Issei X Gamer
DXD X Soul Land 1
RWBY X Wu Dong Qian Kun X Great Ruler
Jaune X Soul Land X Cultivation
Issei X BTTH
Jaune X Campione
RWBY X Saint Seiya
Issei X Kamen Rider
Naruto X DXD
Naruto All Heavens Myriad Realm System
Jaune The Hero God
Issei X Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World
Jaune X Digimon
Issei Magic Emperor
DXD X Cultivation
Dxd X Douluo: I Yu Hao and Wu Tong will Kill Tang San In this Lifetime
RWBY
Jaune X Persona 5
Naruto X Martial World
RWBY x DXD X naruto x Douluo
DXD x Evenicle
DXD
Dxd Issei Wielder of the Holy Spears
DXD X Saint Seiya
Jaune The Martial Emperor
Jaune X Trails of Cold Steel
Issei X Boundless Myriad Realms Fishing System
Naruto X BTTH
Issei X Daily Life of a Immortal Emperor
Jaune X Omniverse Chat Group
DXD X Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
The Time Naruto Was Reincarnated in another World
Dxd X Slime Isekai
Dxd X Martial Peak
RWBY X Desolate Era
Naruto X Eminence of Shadows
Naruto X System
Jaune X Shikkakumon no Saikyo kenja
RWBY: Wish of the Hero
Naruto: Wish of the Fox
RWBY: Return of the Demon Sovereign
Flame Emperor Naruto
Jaune X Top Tier Providence
DXD: Heaven Defying Understanding that defies the Heavens
Naruto Ascension to Immortality
Issei Shrouding the Heavens
DXD: Rise of the Human Faction
DXD the Strongest Tamer
Swallowed Star: The Rise of Naruto
DXD X Soul Land
DXD: The Ashen Awakener
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Jaune
RWBY: Heaven Defying Farmer Jaune
Mondaiji X RWBY
Naruto: Return of The Flame Emperor
Naruto: The Digimon Tamer
RWBY: The game merges with reality, and I become the Immortal Emperor

Dxd X Saint Seiya

120 1 3
By WhiteDragonEmperorX

After Being Killed by Raynare, Issei Awakens his Past Memories he is the Son of Poseidon And The True Dragon of Elements Velunaria. As Issei's Divine Cosmos Awakens the Whole Planet Feels a Major Suppression as Poseidon his real father and Velunaria Found their Long Lost Son as His Divine Cloth was Teleported to Issei and Fully Recovers him as the Red Hair thot is looking it with fear and anger not knowing she piss off somebody that even her brother fears.

(The Greek Faction is the Saint Seiya Version not the weak ass dxd Version). (Issei's Mother is the Elder Sister of Veldanava and the Right Hand Lady to the One true Goddess Arianna Who is Issei's Fiancé and head of the Harem [Thats Right Issei's Rizz is So Strong he Even Rizz the One True Goddess] The strongest in this Verse is the True Dragons and Below them Is the Greek Faction. Rias has Offended Rimuru, Veldora, Miliim, Velgrynd, Velzard( Isseis Aunt and uncle and his Cousin) and Even the Big Three Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus. (As in this Story Rias Hires the 4 Fallens to Kill Sacred Gear users. Not Even her brother knows as she learns under the Bastard Rizevem Livan Lucifer as his Student. But not she Kick A wall so big that not even ophis can destroy it.)

Info

Cosmo (小宇宙 (コスモ), shōuchū (Kosumo)) It is a mystical energy and the fundamental force which powers every supernatural feat performed throughout the series.

Overview

The origins of Cosmo can be traced back to the Big Bang, which from the entirety of the universe was born. All living beings possess Cosmo deep within them. While normally unaware of it, over the millennia, beings such as humans developed the means to manipulate and harness it by means of "burning" it explodes, recreating micro-scale reproduction of the original Big Bang.

Burning one's Cosmo produces the energy needed to enable a being to perform extraordinary feats including pulverizing rocks with their bare hands, striking faster than the speed of sound, throwing hundreds (or even thousands to millions) of blows in a second. Beings such as Saints are humans who have been trained to awaken and attune to their Cosmo. Comparatively, even the weakest Saint can outclass even the strongest of human warrior through the awakening of their Cosmo. As their Cosmo grows, it becomes necessary for a being to practice controlling their abilities and powers.

It's also to note that Cosmo is heavily influenced by emotion. Incredible displays of willpower or strain have shown to allow beings such as Saints to surpass his usual limits and access far greater levels of Cosmo, though such feats are brief due to the sudden surge of Cosmo being beyond the being's current level of sensitivity to maintain.

Referencing the ranks of the Saints, a being's level of sensitivity to their Cosmo directly influences the magnitude of their abilities. The Bronze Saints, for example, have the weakest sensitivity to their Cosmo and have the most difficulty attuning to and manipulating its energies. Though this makes them superbeings when compared to normal humans, they are easily outclassed by the higher ranks as such Silver Saints, whom have greater skill. It's also evident that Saints are not the only beings capable of harnessing Cosmo. Warriors of other Gods also possess this skill, although their methods of acquisition are not as harsh and life-threatening as a Saint's.

Seventh Sense

A scene when Mu explains that Cosmo is actually Seventh Sense.

A Saint that is deeply aware of the nature of their Cosmo discovers that Cosmo is actually the seventh of the human senses, beyond the normal five senses and the sixth (that is considered intuition). With this awareness, a Saint is able to draw out the true potential of their Cosmo and achieve exceptionally powerful feats far beyond those of even a normal Saint, like wielding a power destructive enough to pulverize a star, reach the speed of light, or being able to punch billions of times per second. Typically, Gold Saints are the most prominent examples of beings fully aware of their Seventh Sense enough to harness it adequately; though there are those talented Saints who, despite being lower in rank, are capable of the same feat, allowing them to fight on par with, and if sufficiently skilled overcome, the Gold Saints themselves. The most famous example are the 5 main protagonists Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun and Ikki, that during the battle at the 12 Zodiac Temples they awakened their Seventh Sense and defeated some of the Gold Saints.

Although never mentioned by name as the "Seventh Sense", it's clear that the high-ranking warriors of other deities' armies have a Cosmo that is equivalent to that of Seventh Sense, for example Poseidon's Marina Generals or most of Hades' Celestial Star Specters, but also many other anime-only fighters like God Warriors of Asgard or movie characters.

Generally it's shown that all the elite class warriors of any army have this kind of Cosmo. Being aware of the Seventh Sense is not a definite level of power, because the rule "the power of a Saint relies on how much he burns his Cosmo" still applies to those aware of Seventh Sense. Two Gold Saint level warriors may be stronger or weaker the more they burn their Cosmo, so there can be a particularly skilled fighter or a naturally gifted genius of battle that is able to burn his Cosmo far above the average. The 5 main protagonists are a good example because they managed to overcome Gold Saints themselves many times. There seems to be a level called "Supreme Seventh Sense" or "Extreme Seventh Sense" that appears to be the maximum extension of the human Cosmo, a level so high as to generate a small-scale Big Bang, and also an extension far above even the capacity of many Gold Saints. Seiya and the others reached this ultimate extent many times not only against the Gold Saints, but especially during later battles against Marina Generals (and probably God Warriors in the anime-only Asgard saga). On these occasions their Bronze Cloths were reborn with the golden blood drawn out from their true nature, shining with a golden light similar to Gold Cloths. Because of the fact that Cosmo is actually a human sense, it happens that with a loss of one or more of the other six senses, the seventh refines itself. This strategy is exploited deliberately by all the known Virgo Gold Saints: Shaka, Asmita and Shijima. This allow them to always have a superior Cosmo. It happened that other Saints exploited this effect but without having planned it. During the Myth Age, all human beings were aware of the Seventh Sense and thus the distinction between humans and deities was less marked.

Eighth Sense

While the Seventh Sense pertains to the Cosmos of living beings, there exists a Cosmo affiliated with the soul and of the supernatural. This is the "Eighth Sense". This extraordinary sense is associated with the soul of the deceased and functions in the same manner as the Seventh Sense of the living. Also known as "Arayashiki" (meaning "source" or "storehouse" in Buddhism), this is a level of human consciousness that defies all rationale and logic. As an individual becomes a soul upon death, they lose their connection to their Seventh Sense which is replaced with a special "Eighth" Sense. Including Saints, these souls will wander the planes of existence as creatures such as specters or zombies (superego, the false power-up) until such that they can awaken their Eighth Sense. Without it, they will carry on with their lesser existence, being subjugated by the rules of the Underworld and condemned to the torments of Hell.

The process of awakening one's 8th Sense is an arduous feat, requiring one to have achieved enlightenment upon death and skilled enough to burn their Cosmos to its utmost in that moment. This enables them to surpass the level of the Seventh Sense and breach into the Eighth; achieving a Cosmos superior in dimension and concept; a Cosmos which transcends concepts of life & death and enable them to survive within the realm of the Underworld. Since 'life and death' is bigger than the derivative 'meaning of life and death', and the 'dignity' of a Saint is larger than 'life and death'.

This process enables one to transcend Saṃsāra--the cycle of repeated reincarnation--and the ego, allowing one to achieve divinity. Shaka has been called "The Closest Man To The Gods" because of his mastery over his Eighth Sense. He went Nirvana at the Sala Trees after the Athena Exclamation assault and it was not just a common 'feign death'.

Being that the Eighth Sense is such an obscure concept, it is difficult to define many of its capabilities and functions, though, undeniably beyond the limits of humanity. It is abstruse, esoteric, unfathomable... What all other senses below it constantly maintaining, all solved problems, all volition, all quirks, all nuances, are still far from the Eighth Sense. For too long, most people are still unable to access to it. The path of awaking the Eighth Sense is to awake the causality. A good example when Kanon is being punished by Milo, Milo feels great. Later, in Virgo Temple, Saga is unconsciously driven by the 'emotion between twins', attacks Milo offensively and is considered a revenge. Milo then feels lost. Saga even finally decides to use Athena Exclamation again. Reminding this but not a common 'backfire' and some other entire chain of events can awake the causality and Eighth Sense. Putting it into personal skills but not an ordinary 'conclusion' will wield this great power. Facing ones own demons that once feared.

The strongest Saints appeared in the series, while in the need to, have shown to be able to wield Eighth Sense, Seiya and the others that many times have shown to be able to achieve even miracles, or Kanon, equal to his brother Saga and thus among the strongest for Cosmos and abilities, or the legendary Dohko, considered an invincible master even by the other Gold Saints. Eighth Sense power hasn't being used only to overcome death, but also during the battles against the most powerful Specters like the 3 Judges, for example Seiya against Rhadamanthys or Sisyphus to gain the upper hand against Aiacos. Eighth Sense has been also exploited by Virgo Asmita to create the rosary with 108 beads to trap the souls of Specters. He had to reach the same Cosmos as the Mokurenji tree that grows in the 7th Prison of Hell, the sole form of life in the whole Hell. And of course, during the time 12 Gold Saints breaking the Wailing Wall.

Once completely awakened, the Eighth Consciousness will be transformed into the Great Perfect Mirror Wisdom, the Seventh Consciousness into the Equality (alt. Universal Nature) Wisdom, the Sixth Consciousness into the Profound Observing Wisdom and First to Fifth Consciousnesses into the All Performing (alt. Perfection of Action) Wisdom.

Big Will

Greatest Eclipse: Hades can easily manipulate the whole Universe with his unlimited Cosmos.

This is the name as the divine Cosmos it is often referred to as. It's mentioned in the Hypermyth as the true essence of Cosmos, a source of power and existence without boundaries. Gods possess this full awareness of Cosmos, as they would be Cosmos itself. Powers granted by this knowledge are absolutely infinite, but only higher Gods are fully aware of this power, while minor Gods, although being hundred times stronger than even the strongest human warriors, are far from the absolute and unlimited power. With this infinite Cosmos, there is nothing impossible to achieve up to deeply alter the core rules of nature and universe. The real powers of this Cosmos are not yet fully explained in the series, but it is so far beyond human comprehension that may be not easy to fully understand it. Poseidon and Hades used this divine Cosmos to empower Mariners and Specters since they were normal people originally. Being the absolute power, things like blasting 5 Gold Cloths to pieces with a single blow like Thanatos did, or surpass the power of Absolute Zero like Hyoga probably did, can be still seen as insignificant feats. The only way a human could oppose this absolute Cosmos is called a miracle, the sole force that the supreme God granted to mankind and that still worries the Gods, a force that Seiya and the others or Tenma have shown to possess, as the destruction of the Poseidon's Pillar. Like some other manga. Saint Seiya's story also encourages heroic deeds. In some great moments of Hades arc, the Eighth Sense Cosmos can challenge the Big Will Cosmos, disrupting Hades' deployment and Hades himself.

Mount Olympus, originally existing on Earth and later moved to the space known as "Heaven" in Saint Seiya, was the residence of the 12 Olympian gods, founded by Zeus before the Titanomachy. It is also the original birthplace of the goddess Athena. Unlike Elysion, which was home to the souls of the good and was often visited by the gods, Olympus is completely exclusive to gods, goddesses and Angels. Some Angels are described in various religions and myths acting as messengers, but are best known for protecting the abode of the gods and being executors of the Divine Will.

Olympus could only be visited by mortals whom the gods chose, but their stay was almost always temporary. Most often, invited humans were brought to Olympus to become gods themselves (such was the case of the prince Ganymede, Princess Ariadne, the hero Heracles and Princess Psyche in mythology). Humans who tried to scale the mountain uninvited and find the gods were punished severely (the classic example being the hero Bellerophon, who was struck by lightning for trying to climb Olympus).

A Deity or a god is an immortal supernatural being, usually (but not always) with significant power, worshiped, conceived as holy, divine or sacred, held in high esteem and respected by his/her followers and supporters. Deities assume a variety of forms, but often are depicted as a human or animal. Sometimes it is considered blasphemous to imagine the deity with any concrete form. They have personalities, consciences, intellects, desires and emotions like humans. They are also attributed to natural phenomena such as lightning, floods and storms, and miracles, and can be conceived as the authorities or controllers of every aspect of human life (such as birth or the afterlife). Some deities are considered the directors of time and destiny, the givers of morality and human laws, the final judges of value and human behavior and the designers and creators of the Earth and/or the universe.

Deities and series

The following table lists the main deity, Athena, and all of the leader deities that oppose Athena in the various series.

Deity    Warriors name    Armors name    Armors inspiration

Athena    Saints    Cloths    Constellations

Poseidon    Mariners    Scales    Sea creatures from Greek and Nordic mythologies

Hades    Specters    Surplices    Names: 108 evil desires of Buddhism

Shape: earth creatures, afterworld creatures from Greek Mythology and Dante Alighieri's Inferno

Odin    God Warriors    God Robes    Creatures from Nordic mythology

Asgard arc: Ursa Major stars

Cronus    Titans    Somas    Weapons

Pontos    ?    Adamas    ?

Apollo    Crimson Youth    Corona Cloth    Constellations

Lucifer    Fallen Angels    Glories    Animals

Artemis    Angels    Glories    Heroes from Greek mythology

Greek-Roman Gods

Olympians

In Greek mythology, the Olympians are the main gods of the Greek pantheon, who lived at the top of Mount Olympus, the highest mountain in Greece. However, Saint Seiya listed only 12 of them who are the most powerful of the deities.

Athena, the Goddess of War and Wisdom.

Poseidon, the God of the Oceans. His first appearance was in the Poseidon Arc in the body of Julian Solo. His real body has not been seen. He's the younger brother of Hades and older brother of Zeus.

Hades, the God of the Underworld and Riches. He is the main opponent in the original 1986 manga, in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and in Saint Seiya: Next Dimension. He's the oldest brother of Poseidon and Zeus.

Apollo, the God of the Sun and the Arts, he is the older brother of Athena (though he is Athena's younger brother in the myth) and twin brother of Artemis; appears in Legend of Crimson Youth and Heaven Chapter.

Artemis, the Goddess of the Moon and Hunting, she is the older sister of Athena (though she is Athena's younger sister in the myth) and twin sister of Apollo; appears in Heaven Chapter.

Named only, but never featured:

Zeus, the God of the Sky also known as Sovereign of the Gods. (He has not been seen in the manga or the series). He's the youngest brother of Hades and Poseidon.

Hermes, the Messenger of the Gods. (He has not been seen in the manga or the series), mentioned only in the movie of 'Legend of Crimson Youth'.

Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, Beauty, Pleasure, and Procreation. (She has not been seen in the manga or the series). Is mentioned only in the Taizen as a Olympian Gods.

Demeter, the Goddess of the Harvest and Agriculture. (She has not been seen in the manga or the series). Is mentioned in the Taizen as a Olympian Gods. A divine tree of Demeter appears in Saintia Sho.

Hestia, the Goddess of the Hearth, Architecture, the Family, the Home, and the State. (She has not been seen in the manga or the series). Is mentioned in the Taizen as a Olympian Gods.

Hera, the Goddess of Women and Marriage. (She has not been seen in the manga or the series). Is mentioned in the Taizen as a Olympian Gods.

Hephaestus, the God of Metallurgy and Blacksmiths. (He has not been seen in the manga or the series). Is mentioned only in the Taizen as a Olympian Gods.

Afterworld deities

All these deities are subject to Hades. They appear in the original 1986 manga and in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.

Twin brothers:

Hypnos, the personification of sleep.

Thanatos, the personification of violent death.

Gods of dreams:

Phantasos, the personification of the dreams in which they appeared inanimate elements of nature such as rocks, water or trees.

Morpheus, the personification of dreams.

Icelus, the personification of prophetic dreams and sometimes nightmares.

Oneiros, the personification of the Oracle sleep.

Titans

They appear in Saint Seiya: Episode G as the main opponents.

Male titans:

Kronos, king of the Titans and god of time (i.e. of the succession of the seasons).

Ebony Hyperion, titan of the Sun.

Dimension Iapetos, titan of mortality and craftsmanship.

Current Okeanos, titan of the oceans.

Kreios

Koios

Female titans:

Rhea, wife of Kronos and queen of the titans.

Phoebe, titanesa gold crown.

Mnemosyne, titanesa personification of memory.

Theia, titanesa of sight and by extension the goddess who endowed gold, silver and gems with their brilliance and intrinsic value.

Themis, the personification of divine right law

Tethys, titanesa of the sea.

Primordial deities

They appear in Saint Seiya: Episode G as opponents in the background. They are still alive after the open ending of the series.

Pontos, the primordial God of the sea.

Gaia, the Goddess who personifies the primordial Earth.

Uranus, the primordial God of sky.

Prometheus, titan Protector of human civilization.

Others

Typhon, Titan of hurricanes and Chaos; he appears both in the novel Gigantomachia and in the gaiden chapters of Saint Seiya: Episode G.

Eris, the Goddess of Discord and personification of the Discordia; featured in Saint Seiya: The Movie and Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō.

Echidna, mother of all monsters; appears in Gigantomachia.

Pallas, the Goddess of Love; the character appears to be based on a nymph of the same name, who had been a companion of Athena in her childhood.

Kairos, the god of Opportunity and Time (specifically the god who governs special moments and opportunities), younger brother of Chronos; appears in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.

Ares, the God of War; is named in the manga as a previous enemy of Athena.

Phoebus Abel

Chronos, the personification of Time (specifically the god who governed linear, chronological time); appears in Saint Seiya: Next Dimension.

Norse Gods

Odin, Lord of the Aesir, King of Asgard and god of war, battle, victory and death.

Deities from "The Lost Canvas: Anecdotes"

Celtic Gods

Tuatha Dé Danann:

Lugh, the Celtic God of Light and the Sun and father of the hero Cúchulainn

Ethlinn, the mother of Lugh.

Formorian:

Balor, the Celtic God of Death and the grandfather of Lugh.

Aztec Gods

Quetzalcoatl, Serpent God of Creation and central deity of the Aztec Gods.

Tezcatlipoca, Jaguar God of Destruction and brother of Quetzalcoatl.

Deities from "Episode G: Aiolos-Hen"

Egyptian Gods

Ra, Leader of the Egyptian Gods and a sky deity.

Mesopotamian/Babylonian Gods

This deity is the main opponent in the first season of Saint Seiya Omega.

Abzu, Mesopotamian God of Darkness. In original myth, the Babylonian Primal God of Ground Water, husband to Tiamat, the Dragoness Goddess of Salt Water (Sea) and Chaos.

Roman deities

Mars, the God of War; appears in Saint Seiya Omega.

Diana, the Goddess of the Moon and Hunting, one of the four Heavenly Kings of Mars; appears in Saint Seiya Omega.

Bacchus, the God of Vine, appears in Saint Seiya Omega.

Vulcanus, the God of Metallurgy and Blacksmiths, one of the four Heavenly Kings of Mars; appears in Saint Seiya Omega.

Romulus, God and leader of Heavenly Kings of Mars; appears in Saint Seiya Omega. Shares his name with one of the mythic twins who supposedly founded Rome, Romulus and Remus, who were the sons of the god Mars and the princess Rhea Silvia.

Saturn, is the invincible God of Time, regent of the homonymous planet and governed the espace-time, and the main antagonist of the Pallas Arc in Saint Seiya Omega.

Abrahamic Order

Lucifer, former Archangel of Light turned ruler of Hell after his betrayal.

Buddhist deities

Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, also known as the Supreme Buddha of the Buddhist Mythology.

Fudō Myōō, the Commander of the Wisdom Kings.

Marici, Goddess of light and the skies who helped Athena and Michael seal Lucifer long ago.

Abilities

The gods, generally speaking, are the most powerful race in existence in the Saint Seiya franchise. They are strong enough to be feared throughout the multiverse, not just by mortals, but even among themselves. While it may appear that each god possesses the same authority and similar powers, their individual power and combat ability vary depending on how old the deity is, their divine lineage, or the other god they serve. As supernatural beings, all gods extract most of their powers from their spheres of control or domain, some being able, depending on their role and specific divine power, to influence the elements of nature, manipulate reality, space- time or even the flow of time. Despite this, they all share certain powers, such as immortality, and even the specific abilities of their individual domains can sometimes overlap with those of other deities.

Capabilities

Dominion of the Cosmos: The deities were the first race to have complete control of the cosmos and to have completely mastered all of its occult paths, to the point where the energy itself serves as the receptacle of all memory, knowledge and aspect that gods have of themselves. By inciting their cosmos, the deities manifest it in the form of an aura whose color and shape vary. The power and cosmic level of the gods is so immeasurable that some see humans as no more powerful or important than how humans view bacteria. Now compared to each other, the degree of scale varies from god to god. Originally, the great gods and some of the titans were the deities with the most colossal cosmos. Some Olympian gods, such as Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, also have immense cosmic levels comparable to their ancestors. Others, such as Athena, Artemis and Apollo, in turn, are slightly weaker than their parents, but share similar levels of power. Minor gods such as Thanatos and Hypnos, despite being considered inferior, are still powerfully divine, and if they serve another god, they will also gain an increase in their powers. The deities of other mythologies are likewise equally nearly as powerful as the Greek gods, and some even match their level of power. Overall, the intensity of the gods' cosmos is so powerful that they serve as a natural barrier against considerably weaker attacks (such as mortal ones) and can bounce them back. As you release all of your power, this barrier becomes more powerful, and the only way to break through it is if the offending cosmos is higher than the deity's or if the god's cosmos is weakened. It is also noted that the longer a god is awake in battle and within his domain, his cosmos will multiply rapidly, having no limit to stop.

Mastery of the Ninth Sense: The gods are the supreme beings of the universe because they control the Supreme Virtue, which has allowed them to ascend to the higher state they are in and awaken a wide range of abilities as well as attributes close to omnipotence, usually such as immortality, miraculous healing, possessing human bodies, transiting the Wailing Wall and the Hyperdimension, reincarnating for eternity, moving planets, dimensions, stars and even galaxies as well as destroying them if you want. They are also capable of absurd feats with their cosmos, even if it contradicts the laws of physics - Hades easily aligned all the planets in the Solar System and Poseidon caused tsunamis, storms, tidal waves all over the world. Certain abilities and attributes are only available to gods who have completely mastered the ninth sense, but even incomplete mastery can guarantee overwhelming divine power. It also seems that the deities awaken a differentiated capacity according to their divine lineage by gaining complete control of this sense, as Olympians use the Great Will while the titans and great gods use both Dunamis and Eskatos Dunamis.

Immortality: Most gods who have gained complete control over the ninth sense are endowed with the maxim of having their bodies deified. These bodies then become immune to any weapon and any kind of damage that would easily kill mortals or mythological beings. They also become incapable of dying for the passage of time, immune to all human diseases (though they are still vulnerable to supernatural afflictions), and capable of surviving damage that would easily destroy a human. This ability, though regarded as the most powerful attribute of the gods, means security only from natural death. It should be noted, that under the right conditions, the gods can still die, only the more powerful the immortal is, the harder it is to kill him. In this case, it is preferable to incapacitate the deity by sealing his soul. Immortality also does not protect the bodies of the gods from being destroyed or aging (though it does delay it for a long time). To prevent aging, they need to regularly use the Misopethamenos ability to retain their youth and poise.

Ikhor: Once the gods had their bodies deified and made eternal, the blood in their veins would be called Ikhor (霊 血, Ikōru). This fluid carries the same divine power as its wielder, being extremely poisonous to mortals. At the same time, it can be used by them and even other deities to heal themselves, strengthen or expand their capabilities. However, like mortals, the gods can also suffer the ailments of blood loss, losing consciousness or even falling into a coma, reaching, in more serious cases, even to death

Physical Aptitude: The gods have physical abilities, such as strength, speed, endurance, and stamina, vastly superior to that of mortals, even going beyond those who are also seen as superhuman. They have an inhuman durability, being able to quickly generate and manipulate immense amounts of cosmo energy without inconvenience, besides possessing incredible regenerative abilities. The limits of one god's power in this regard are unknown, as is the extent to which they can cross another's domain. However, they can get tired or overpowered depending on how powerful their opponent is or how numerous they are. Although capable of sustaining large levels of damage, they are still susceptible to pain and some gods have been shown to die from fatal wounds - Hades died having his body pierced by Athena's Staff (loaded with the goddess' cosmos along with Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun and Ikki after ascending the divine force), Saturn, however, survived even after being stabbed by the Golden Dagger, one of the only weapons capable of dispatching gods, simply for being a "Great Immortal God". The gods Abel and Eris, in turn, were killed when hit by the Sagittarius Arrow (also loaded with the cosmos of Athena, Seiya and the other Bronze Knights, but only with the cosmos at the level of the Golden Knights) although the artifact is not considered sacred. Another handful of gods were slain by being struck by the techniques of mortals such as Thanatos and Hypnos, though this occurred after the said mortals had raised their powers to the divine level. Gods who abandon immortality, like Athena, can be killed in different ways.

Fighting Style: Each deity has its own combat method depending on its role and specific divine power, some of which don't fight at all. However, deities often share the same forms of attack involving cosmic blasts or blasts, energy-shaped shock waves capable of knocking down even other deities with the force of impact, usually accompanied by a scream or hand movement. If they have weapons, as in the case of Athena, Poseidon or Hades, the gods are usually skilled and skilled fighters with their weapons, some being so powerful that it is almost impossible to defeat them without first depriving you of their respective weapon. In terms of defense, it seems that all deities use their cosmos as a barrier to repel attacks that are not capable of harming them.

Intelligence: Most deities possess the knowledge and wisdom of everything in the universe, including what exists or has existed in it. They also apparently can infinitely increase your mental capabilities. However, they are not fully omniscient, so they can be caught off guard or caught off guard. The gods can also be tricked or manipulated and unconsciously have their actions directed by other deities. Although rare to occur, they can also be deceived by mortals.

Mastery over Creation and Destruction: Depending on how powerful the control of the deity's atoms is, it will have the ability to control the energy of creation or materialization of its forms, thus being able to generate physical matter and create any type of objects, including weapons, the from nothing. Likewise, they will also have equal mastery over the energy of destruction, however, on a divine level, ranging from at least disintegrating something or someone to a subatomic level (which neither the toughest armor nor the gods themselves escape from this category) alter reality and even completely remove all existence from the environment in which it finds itself.

Astral and Spiritual Domain: The gods who completely dominate the ninth sense have their souls deified, making it virtually impossible to afflict their spiritual essences[6] to the point that even if their souls faded, they will re-establish themselves depending on how old and powerful the deity it is, although the duration of this process can vary from years to centuries. As such, they retain absolute control over this higher plane of spiritual existence, meaning that even if their physical form is destroyed, the gods can return in an astral form. Kronos himself had been able to generate a gigantic spectral form capable of interacting with the physical plane. However, while they can become immune to most attacks and can have mortals to take shelter within them in this state, they become extremely vulnerable to being sealed into a vessel or location by someone, regardless of whether they are mortal or divine. Once the divine soul takes possession of a mortal's body it is said that only another divine power is sufficient to separate a god from the host, although it is possible to use orthodox methods to accomplish the same feat.

Dominion over Life and Death: Deities are believed to be the only entities that have absolute control over life and death. As such, they have the ability to manipulate the soul, the essence that constitutes an individual, which allows them to resurrect or conjure up the spiritual representation of the dead, however, not everyone can do this. Also, it seems that the deity's power, depending on its role or specific power, influences how they do it - Abel brought back to life Saga, Death Mask, Aphrodite, Shura and Camus with their powers below what they originally had. , already Hades brought them together from Shion (in the anime, along with some of the Silver Knights) with the same potency they had in life. The gods also need the dead to want to serve them to bring them back to life fully, otherwise the resurrection will fail. In fact, some deities, such as Hades and Thanatos, have such dominion over this field that they are able to decide who lives and who dies in the universe. It is also noteworthy that, however far above life and death the gods are, only a few can transit the Underworld unaffected by it. Likewise, all gods are equally vulnerable to being incapacitated within the depths of Tartarus if sealed there.

Extrasensory Domain: The gods, but not all, have an almost unlimited amount of control over general mental powers, including levitation, teleportation, telepathy, psychokinesis, and, in some cases, even precognition.

Dimensional and Spacetime Mastery: Certain deities have shown that they have the power to rip spacetime where they want and expand it to the size they wish, thus being able to totally engulf even an area as large as the Sanctuary of Athena and leave it. it existing in a separate dimensional crack, even managing to prevent anyone from leaving its domains. They can also create an opening to a specific dimension like a particular dimensional universe where you can observe people. Nevertheless, they are also able to travel great distances quickly through their dimensional slits. They could even hack into other techniques of the same style. Regarding dimensions, some also had full control and knowledge of the interdimensional fields, as they could easily open portals to dimensions with their own physical laws (in short, where the user could manipulate them completely) and were able to open paths even to the Hyperdimension.

Mastery over the Flow of Time: Only the deities Chronos, Cronos, Kairos, and Saturn exhibited this ability. It allows them to have complete control of time: past, present and future, allowing them also to use it as a weapon, imprisoning enemies or entire worlds in infinite cycles of time. Because time is an absolute component in the balance of the universe, the overwhelming majority of other gods are subject to this power.

Domain of Nature and Elements: Some gods, depending on their domain or the aspects they represent, have been shown to manipulate the elements and nature, but on a scale so immeasurable that it cannot be measured in quantity of control.

The Three Factions

The Devils (悪魔, Akuma) are one of the Three Factions in High School DxD, alongside the Angels and Fallen Angels. There are two major types of Devils in the story: The Pure-Blooded Devils (純血悪魔, Junketsu Akuma), and Reincarnated Devils (転生悪魔, Tensei Akuma).

Summary

Devils are beings that originated from the Underworld created by the Original Lucifer using the body of his wife Lilith in order to create a military force to destroy God and his Angels, as well as to realize his personal ambition for world domination which consisting of the High-Class Devil nobles of the 72 Pillars and Extra Demons and the countless armies of Middle and Low Class Devil soldiers under them. The total life span of a Devil is approximately 10,000 years. The Devils were originally ruled by the Four Great Satans prior to their death in the Great War. Following the end of the Great War, the descendants of the original Satans apart from Rizevim wanted to continue the Great War but were faced with opposition by other Devils, most prominently the Bael clan, who assumed authority after the death of their leaders. This started a civil war between the Devils with the descendants of the original Satans losing the war and a new government was formed among the Devils. The new government then appoints four new Satans through strength and accomplishment in the civil war.

After the formation of the new Devil government, Ajuka Beelzebub developed the Evil Pieces system to help replenish the decreased armies of the Devils, eventually creating the Rating Games. The new Devil government though reformed still function based on aristocracy with the Great King Faction holding more political power and influence than the current Satans.

Appearance

Devil

Devil Soldiers as they appeared in the anime

Most Pure-Blood Devils looks the same as Humans, albeit with one pair of black bat-like wings that can be hidden at will. However, those from the Phenex Household instead possesses bird-like wings made from fire. Devils are able to use their demonic powers to appear much younger than their physical age, for example Venelana looks as if she were the same age as her youngest child, Rias.

The are some devils who appears to have the characteristics of creatures and monsters such as members of the extinct House of Vepar being devils who appears akin to merpeople, members of the House of Forneus having the head of a sea monster like an anglerfish, Zephyrdor has pointy elf-like ears, and Roygun has two horns on her head.

Some pure-blood devils has multiple pairs of bat-like wings, however, unlike angels and fallen angels who can gain multiple wings over time, this is limited to those who are descended from the original Satans; such as Vali Lucifer, a Devil/Human hybrid, revealing his relation to the Original Lucifer by revealing his multiple bat wings in Volume 4 (four pairs in the anime and four in the manga). Rizevim Livan Lucifer has shown to have twelve bat wings in Volume 18, as well as Tsufaame Tereaku Leviathan in Highschool DxD Zero, and Ingvild Leviathan who has four pairs of wings.

Reincarnated Devils can come in a variety of shapes and sizes, such as the case with Tannin, a former Dragon King, Koneko Toujou, a Nekomata, and Enku (a Qilin).

Abilities

All Devils have enhanced physical abilities such as superhuman strength, endurance, and enhanced sense such as sight and hearing; in addition to being able to see clearly in the dark as creatures of the night. Devils are able to fly through using their bat-like wings, which are capable of retracting into their backs as if disappearing entirely. They also possess a passive ability called "Language", which allows normal people listening to them to hear it in the language they're most familiar with and vice versa. According to Rias in Volume 4, Devils are also immune to being sunburned.

Devils also wield demonic power, which was described in Volume 2 as letting them control phenomena, letting a Devil using their demonic power to create various elements ranging from fire, water, and lightning. As revealed in Volume 14, to use demonic powers, a Devil must first acquire the power of imagination and the power to create, as well as good sense for either. Devils who have higher demonic power are able to develop resilience against all manner of holy-based objects and weapons such as Light Weapons, whereas those with lesser will be eliminated.

One of the Four Great Satan or other Satan-Class Devils are easily able to destroy Japan several times over using their powers, which Sona noted in Volume 4 commenting about Serafall's "glitter." It is unknown how powerful Ultimate-Class Devils' attacks are, but since most High-Class Devils are capable of destroying an entire mountain using a demonic blast, it could be hinted that their immense power can cause greater damage than that.

Members of the 72 Pillars and Extra Demons, which consist of Pure-Blooded Devil nobles can inherit special innate abilities unique to their clan, though occasionally the children of the members who marries out of the clan into another one would also inherit their abilities, becoming a common practice among the remaining pillars. Those from the Phenex has the Immortality, in addition to powerful Fire and Wind-based powers; those from the Bael and Gremory Clan who were related or born to Venelana Gremory (née Bael) has the Power of Destruction; and those from the Abaddon Clan inherits the Hole. All of these unique abilities appears to originate from the progenitor of the clan such as the First Bael Head, Zekram Bael. All the Pure-Blooded Devil nobles who don't inherit such powers are looked down upon, even by members of their own family.

Devils also have the ability to cast magic spells, having developed their own system of demonic magic powered by demonic power. Examples being the ability to bind and later summon a Familiar, as well as Issei's Dress Break and Pailingual spells. The most common usage would likely be the magic circle used by Devils for travel, and especially to make contracts.

High-Class Devils are able to gain peerages, rule over other Devils depending on their family's rank and powers, and can have up to 15 "servants", which are represented by each piece in a chess game (Rook, Knight, Pawn, etc.). The High-Class Devil takes the position of "King". Lower-Class Devils are often looked down upon, and usually, serve a Devil of higher authority. High-Class Devils also have the ability to reincarnate Humans and other races into Devils through the Evil Pieces system, as seen with what Rias did with Asia Argento.

Weaknesses

A common weakness for all Devils is that they cannot go near/get involved with anything that has to do with the Biblical God, as they will suffer nasty side effects (headaches, immense pain, etc.), as seen when Issei couldn't go near the Church when he was talking to Asia, or when he tried to pray but only ended up collapsing from the pain soon after. They are vulnerable to holy objects such as crucifixes, holy water, and the Bible, and can get killed easily by Holy Swords and Sacred Gears with divine properties, such as Blade Blacksmith and the True Longinus (Asia's Twilight Healing, however, is a notable exception). These effects are caused by the system put in place by the Biblical God, which was being kept up by Michael and is now being kept up by Gabriel, and only she has the power to change the system.

They are also susceptible to light which significantly drains them of their energy once hit (in Volume 1, Issei comments that sunlight also appears to drain him of his energy, reducing him to normal human levels, at least at that time). Also, intense light, such as the light-based weapons used by Angels and Fallen Angels and the light swords used by exorcists, can severely wound, if not kill, a Devil. Devils with higher demonic power, however, can develop a certain degree of resistance to light.

Devils can also be infected with a cold that only Devils are susceptible to as seen when Issei and Saji came down with it, which made them unable to move. The Devil's face turns red and they gain a high temperature along with blurry vision.

Types of Devils

Pure-Blooded Devils (純血悪魔, Junketsu Akuma) are Devils such as the original Four Great Satans and the original Devils created by the Mother of all Devils; Lilith, including the first generation aristocrat Devils of the 72 Pillars and Extra Demons, each who ruled their own domain in the Underworld along with their pure blooded descendants. Each clan of 72 Pillars has a unique ability that is specific to their clan which originated from their progenitor, such as the Bael's Power of Destruction or Phenex's Immortality, as the descendants of the clans are born with such unique abilities which occasionally get passed to other clans as Pure-Blooded High Class Devils interbreed with each other.

Reincarnated Devils (転生悪魔, Tensei Akuma) are created by High-class Devils using Evil Pieces to reincarnate other species into Devils; who serve the High-class Devil who is their King. Reincarnated Devils also appear to have much higher fertility than Pure-Blooded Devils, as in the special novel High School DxD EX that takes place 30 years in the future, Issei's future children were born in a short amount of time, with Koneko and Kuroka's children being born on the same day.

Stray Devils (はぐれ悪魔, Hagure Akuma) are Reincarnated Devils who have diverted away from their masters for their own selfish desires. Without their masters to keep their powers in check, they become a great threat if their powers go beyond their control. The Devils take this case very seriously, and any Devil who becomes a Stray will usually be killed on the spot.

Mixed Heritage Devils (混合遺産悪魔, Kongō Isan Akuma) are devils either born between a pure-blooded devil and a reincarnated devil, or between two reincarnated devils. They could not be considered as Half Devils due to both their parents being devils, and are not considered Pure-Blooded Devils due to their diluted blood as High-Class Devils look down on reincarnated devils. Possible famous mixed heritage devil would be Coriana Andrealphus, which could explain why the Andrealphus clan is stated to be extinct in the Light Novel Volume 8, but considered active in the first lore.

Half Devils (半悪魔, Han Akuma) are Devils of mixed heritage created by the interbreeding of Devils and other species, most notably Humans. Due to the Pure-Blooded Devils pride and their obsession with pureblood purity, the half Devil descendants of the pure-blooded devil clans are often scorned and looked down upon. However, due to their mixed blood they gain the abilities of both species, as Half Devils with Human heritage can manifest Sacred Gears. Two famous Half Devils are Vali Lucifer and Ingvild Leviathan, who are the half-Human/half Devil descendants of the original Satan clans, in addition to being the possessors of the Longinus Sacred Gears.

Super Devils (超ちょう越えつ者しゃ, Chōetsusha), also known as Transcendental Beings are Devils considered irregular beings due to possessing abilities surpassing realm of Devils, making others wonder whether or not they can be considered devils. At first, three people were considered Super Devils: Sirzechs Lucifer, Ajuka Beelzebub and Rizevim Livan Lucifer who have power exceeding Satan-Class Devils; Sirzechs and Ajuka, in particular, has enough power to be considered among the "Top 10 Strongest Beings" using their full power. In fact, their coup d'etat against the Old Satan government succeeded partly due to Sirzechs and Ajuka's support. After the Evil Dragon War, due to their continuous and abnormal growth, the current Heavenly Dragons: Issei and Vali were nominated as Super Devil candidates. After the Hell Disaster, they were both officially certified as Super Devils after being approved by Zekram Bael. Furthermore, Hades' research created two Super Devils named Balberith and Verrine, but they haven't been certified by the underworld government.

Population

The population of Devils consisted of the original Four Great Satans and the Devils created by the Mother of all Devils; Lilith, which consisted of various Devil noble families from the 72 Pillars and Extra Demons as well as the commoner Devils who live in the territories of the Devil noble families who are subservient to the Original Satans. Countless devils died as a result of the Great War, with Lilith nearly dying from the strain of artifically reproducing too much Devils. During the Great War, 40 clans of the 72 Pillars were destroyed in the conflict as numerous High-class Devils of the 72 Pillars were killed along with their soldiers.

It is noted that Devils have exceptionally long lifespans described as almost infinite, but cannot reproduce easily as the rate of pregnancy among devils is very low, sometimes requiring would-be-parents hundreds of years to produce a single child and having more then 2 children is considered rare among devils.

Due to the excessive loss of population, the Evil Pieces system was created to replenish the number of Devil by reincarnating other species into devils, with humans being the most common choice among the species.

In recent times, many High-class Devil have started reincarnating humans who possess Sacred Gears as their devil servants in order to obtain the strength of the Sacred Gears in service of the Devils. As a result of the low population, it is common for male High-class Devils to have harems of multiple women in order to have a greater chance of producing children.

Ranking

Devil ranking chart

The Devils' ranking system, as explained by Rias

The Devils use a hierarchical system that is split into four different ranks. The ranking here refers to the hereditary title given to Devils base on their classes and clans and reflect on strength. They are:

Ranking Information

Special-Class Devils

A new class without any precedents, Special-Class Devil is awarded to those who have appropriate abilities, both social and political influence. It is bestowed upon those who have attained great achievements in the defense of the Underworld. The only Devils who have attained this rank are Vali Lucifer.

Ultimate-Class Devils

This class was the highest class a Devil could attain by either training or being born with great power (until the creation of the Special-class Devil rank). As a devil comes into this class, they gain a rank in the Underworld as Satan, Great King, King, Archduke, Archduchess, Duke, Duchess, Prince, or Princess.

High-Class Devils

This class belongs to most younger Pure-Blooded Devils from the 72 Pillars or the Extra Demon clans, who have yet to master their power, or to strong reincarnated Devils who have risen in rank. Once a Devil has attained this rank, they are given one of the following titles: Marquis, Marchioness, Margrave, Margravine, Count, Countess, Viscount, Viscountess, Baron, or Baroness.

Middle-Class Devils

This class belongs to Middle Class Devils who usually live in one of the High-Class Devil's territories, or to reincarnated Devils who have passed the Middle-Class promotion test. Once a Devil has attained this rank, they are given one of the following titles: Baronet, Baronetess, Knight, or Dame.

Low-Class Devils

The weakest class who are usually reincarnated Devils or commoners. They are usually part of a High-Class Devil's peerage or serve one of the clans. Low-Class Devils can promote themselves to higher rankings depending on their performance.

There are three different ways to raise one's ranking:

Ways Information

1. Contracting Doing Devil jobs by granting the client's wish. This includes having a high number of contracts completed with high-quality rewards. A Devil's contracts will garner points over time, but it is a gradual process unless the human customer is someone with great power and influence. This is considered to be the slowest method. A promotion through contracts are seen as more of a tradition.

2. Military Accomplishments Obtaining great achievement in times of crisis or situations. This includes showing exceptional ability or skill in combat. By defeating high-ranked enemies of the Devils, such as leaders of the Angels or Fallen Angels, a Devil can be rewarded. This is the fastest method, However, this route is unlikely in the current stalemate without a full-scale war.

3. Rating Game The last method is by doing well in Rating Games. This includes earning high points, public esteem, and opinion in official Rating Games. This is the modern path of ascent in Devil society, as it was designed to promote and train new powerful Devils. The Rating Game allows reincarnated Devils to hone and show off their skill and abilities against others in a controlled non-lethal environment. Performing well in the Rating Game raises reputation and leads to promotion. Some of the Top Rankers in the Rating Games have all reached Ultimate-Class, With the 7th ranker being the highest-ranked reincarnated Devil. This is by far the best method to raise one's own ranking.

Once a Low-Class Devil has earned the right to raise their ranking, they must first be tested before actually gaining the position. Not everyone succeeds in these tests, but they can try as many times as they choose, as the permission does not normally expire. The Middle-Class promotion test has three parts that are modeled after the tests in the Human world since a majority of the Devils who taking the promotion tests are reincarnated Devils (former humans). The first part is a written report that addresses the theme of aim and ambitions. The second part is a written test involving the history and government of the Underworld. The third is a practical where an individual faces off against another participant from the test in a one-on-one fight. During this battle, Pawns are given special permission that allows them to promote themselves as if they were in enemy territory.

High-Class Devils and above are allowed to have their own "peerage" which consists of members who represent each piece in a game of Chess while for reincarnated Devils that have reached Ultimate-Class, they will receive the right to choose a part of the Underworld as their territory. There is actually no conflict when a Low-Class Devil starts his own group while still being a part of another peerage after becoming High-Class. When a Devil reaches High-Class, they receive a set of Evil Pieces to start their own group. However, even after going independent, Devils are still obliged to fight as underlings whenever their master has a Rating Game.

High-Class Devil Promotion Ceremony

As seen with Issei, when a Devil goes to their High-Class promotion ceremony at the ceremonial hall, that Devil and those with them are escorted in limousines under strict guard. Several security cars surround the limousines meaning the Devil becoming a High-Class Devil is treated like a VIP. At the ceremony itself, the Devil getting promoted stands in front of an altar (a reincarnated devil stands with their master) and the Satan in charge reads what is written on their certificate which states the reasons for their promotion. The Satan proclaims them as a High-Class Devil and they kneel down on one knee to receive their certificate with words of acceptance. They display their certificate to the audience to which they applaud. Next comes the crowning ritual. For a reincarnated Devil, they face their master at the altar, get down on one knee, and their master places a crown upon their head with another round of applause meaning the ritual is complete.

For the final part, the Satan stands on the altar once again summoning a stone monument that shines in black which floats in the air. The monument is made from the same material as the Evil Pieces. The Devil getting promoted envelopes their hand in their aura and touches the monument. Their heart instantly makes a large beat and the monument shines crimson, showing their handprint for a moment and then the monument returns to normal. Their registration as a King is complete and they are handed a small box containing their 15 Evil Pieces for making their own peerage. As such, the ritual is done with the most crucial part of the ceremony. What comes after this is the words of congratulation from the guest which is read by the host of the ceremony and after the newly promoted High-Class Devil leaves the ceremonial hall, the ceremony is over.

Factions

Four Great Satans

The Four Great Satans (四大魔王, Yondai Maō) are the four rulers who control the Underworld. The original Satans were dominating tyrants who desired world domination, thus the reason for involving Devils in the Great War against the God of the Bible, Angels and Fallen Angel. The current Satans are not the actual ones but were chosen to replace the original Satans who died in the Great War, and each was named after the four original Satans: Lucifer, Beelzebub, Leviathan, and Asmodeus. Therefore the names "Lucifer" and "Beelzebub" are not personal names, but are more like managerial positions.

Satan Clans

The Satan Clans are Devil royal families whom are biological descendants of the original Satans. Due to most members's tyrannical arrogance in their royal lineage which caused them to scorn and oppressed all other Devils even pure blooded High Class Devil nobles of the 72 Pillars and Extra Demons, disregarding them as not true Devils along with their intention to force them into restarting the Great War, most members of the Satan Clans were exterminated by the Anti-Satan Faction in the Devil Civil War, while some surviving members form the Old Satan Faction in hopes of overthrowing the current Devil government.

72 Pillars

The 72 Pillars (72柱, Nanajūni Hashira, referring to the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia) are a list of 72 Devil noble families who descended from the first generation of High Class Devils created by the Original Lucifer out of his wife Lilith such as Zekram Bael and Runeas Gremory. Each clan possessing dozens of armies serving under them. After the Great War, however, every clan lost a majority of their armies and 40 clans from the 72 Pillars even faced extinction, with only 32 clans remaining (in reality, there are more than 32 houses that are still active but have lost some of their statuses in the 72 Pillars due to having mixed heritage).

Extra Demons

Extra Demons (番外の悪魔エキストラ・デーモン, Ekisutora Dēmon) are the houses of top-class Devils who are not a part of the 72 Pillars. Currently, most of the Extra Demons have secluded themselves from the current Devil society, not wanting to involve themselves with the government. Devils from the Extra Demons who involve themselves with the current Devil Government will have to break all ties with their households such as with the case of Kuisha Abaddon, Bedeze Abaddon (the 3rd ranking champion in the Rating Games) and Roygun Belphegor (the 2nd ranking champion in the Rating Games).

The only known houses are the House of Lucifuge (where Grayfia and Euclid comes from), the House of Abaddon (where Kuisha and Bedeze comes from), the House of Belphegor (where Roygun comes from) and the House of Nebiros. Mephisto Pheles is the only Extra Demon that doesn't have a clan. Gremory seal-disclaimer A majority of the Extra Demons serve under one of original Satans, such as the House of Lucifuge, Satanachia, Agaliarept, Fleurety, Sargatanas, and Nebiros serving the Satan, Lucifer. Rudiger Rosenkreutz is revealed to be a Bishop from the House of Mammon.

Lilith's Children

Lilith's Children (リリスの子供たちリリス・チルドレン, Ririsu Chirudoren), also known as Unknown Devils, refers to the group of Artificial Devils created by the Greek God of the Dead; Hades, using the body of the mother of all Devils; Lilith and the knowledge of the Book of Lucifer, which contains the technique that the First Lucifer used to create the 72 Pillars. They serve as Hades' shock troops against his war on Team DxD and the Three Factions. The only named artificial devils are Balberith, Verrine, Gressil and Sonneillon.

The Angels

The Angels (天使 Tenshi) are one of the Three Factions in High School DxD, alongside the Devils and Fallen Angels. There are two major types of Angels in the story: the Pure Angels (純粋な天使, Junsuina Tenshi), and Reincarnated Angels (転生天使, Tensei Tenshi).

Originating from Heaven, the Angels are powerful beings who serve the Biblical God, and have the powers to inflict pain upon Devils/demons and by extension the Fallen Angels, due to their light-based powers. After the death of the God of the Bible in the Great War of the Three Factions, the Angels were incapable of increasing their numbers normally until the creation of the Brave Saint system which allows humans to be reincarnated into Angels. Their power is derived from the faith of God's believers, so it was important for them to conceal God's death. During the peace conference of the Three Factions, Michael explained that the reason for Asia and Xenovia's excommunication from the Church was because of the possibility of them affecting humanity's faith in God which was necessary for the Angels' survival.

Unlike Devils and Fallen Angels, Angels need to purify themselves when making love and both the Angel and partner must undergo a lengthy purification ritual (it takes several hours). They must also need to do it inside a specially crafted barrier and they both must not harbor any kind of possessive feelings while doing it, rather it must be done out of pure love.

There were also traitors in the Heavens who were giving out information to the Khaos Brigade. Ironically, these top-class Angels were able to do so without falling due to a loophole in Heaven's system. These Angels, however, became Fallen Angels after leaving Heaven and escaping to the Khaos Brigade.

Angels have jobs within the Church. These include "Angel Counselling" where they hear the confessions of people who have sinned and forgive them for their sins, naming children at the request of their parents, and regular work from file management to cooking classes and reception.

Appearance

Angels look similar to humans except with them having white feathered wings and a halo positioned directly above their head; the only exception being the Archangel Michael who has golden wings and later Dulio. Also, their power is denoted by the number of wings they have (Irina, for example, initially only had one pair of wings but gained another pair in Volume 17 for her increase in strength as well as Dulio upon activating his Balance Breaker, his power increased to the point where he gained twelve golden wings, similar to Michael).

They are often seen in white-colored clothing, mostly priest attire.

Abilities

All Angels can utilize Light Power that can cause severe damage to Devils and Fallen Angels, which can produce numerous light-based weapons such as spears, arrows, swords, a whip of light, balls of light and light rings, that can be used to grab hold of or restrain a foe with the size/power of a Fenrir pup. Spears appear to be the most commonly used weapons for Angels. Their light-based powers can also be used in different ways, but it is dependent on the individual angels, such as a light barrier or use light to enhanced physical attacks such as punches and kicks. A certain number of powerful high ranking Angels also has special holy abilities unique to themselves, like Uriel's ability to control Holy Fire and Baraqiel's power of Holy Lightning.

Angels also have the ability of flight through their feathered wings. Like Devils and Fallen Angels, their wings are capable of retracting into their backs as if they've disappeared completely.

Like Devils, all Angels have a unique ability which allows them to communicate with different people from around the world without the language barriers. All Angels also have increased physical abilities, such as superhuman strength, endurance, and speed.

After the peace treaty between the Three Factions, the Brave Saints system was created by the Seraphs using the technologies of the Devils and Fallen Angels, to increase their lost numbers by reincarnating humans into Angels. Reincarnated Angels can also use their traits better when acting as a group.

Angels, like other factions, have their own system of magic and spells.

Types of Angels

There are two major variations of Angels (including one sub-variant) in the story:

Pure Angels (純粋な天使, Junsuina Tenshi); who are the original Angels created by the God of the Bible and include powerful Angels like the Four Great Seraphs.

Seraph (熾天使セラフ, Serafu, plural Seraphim), also known as Burning Angels, are Angels who are guardians of the Throne of Heaven. They are the ones maintaining the system used by the God in the Bible following His death. The members of the Seraphs are the Archangel Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel, who was titled the "Four Great Seraphs". The significance of this title, however, is unknown at present but are known to represent the Kings of respective cards: Michael is Spades ♠, Gabriel is Heart ♥, Raphael is Club ♣, Uriel is Diamond ♦. In Volume 6, it is revealed that there are other Seraphs, numbering ten in total, but were not named. The Seraphs that have appeared so far in the series are Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, and Raphael. One of the Ten Seraphs, Metatron, appeared in a short story titled Nekomata☆Ninja-Scroll, evidently, living as a ninja in the human world due to his fascination with the craze. Metatron evidently showed the Seraphs all have twelve wings.

Archangel (大天使, Dai Tenshi) is the highest ranked Angel that was closest to the God of the Bible and His favored creation. The only known Archangel is Michael, the former leader of the Angels and Seraphs.

Reincarnated Angels (転生天使, Tensei Tenshi); which are created by using Brave Saints to reincarnate Humans and other species into Angels.

Miracle Children (奇跡の子, Kiseki no Ko): which are half Angels, born from a union of a Angel and a member of another race. Miracle Children are born as the offspring of a Angel, who became physically intimate with a member of another race without falling. Due to the Angels vow of purity and chastity, only certain people could become physically intimate with a Angel. To start the procedure of making love, a barrier has to be placed on the location where the act will occur, as the Angel and their mate also have to pray the night before engaging in the act to purify your body. During the intercourse, the Angel and their mate aren't allowed to have lecherous thoughts while engaging in the act, as they must remember the teachings at all times and have the mind of a Saint, as the intercourse must be initiated out of pure love. With the creation of the Interdimensional Room, Angels are allowed to breed normally without the need for lenghty praying ritual and suppresing impure feelings and desires while also prevent them from becoming Fallen Angels, as the room is designed to prevent angels from falling when engaging in sexual intercourse.

Population

The population of Angels consisted of the Four Great Seraphs, Ten Seraphs and various pure Angels who were created by the God of the Bible. During to the Great War, many Angels were killed along with the God of the Bible, thus preventing any more Pure Angels from being created as only the God of the Bible could create Pure Angels with his power.

While Angels are capable of breeding with each other or other species, due to their vow of purity and chastity, if they give in to their desires, they will turn into Fallen Angels. While there is the possibility of Angels conceiving children, it is noted to be an extremely difficult procedure and only certain individuals can become intimate with Angels.

After the Three Factions singed the Kuoh Treaty, the engineers of Heaven were capable of creating the Brave Saints cards with the help of Grigori technology and the unique attribute crystals found in Agreas which are used to create Evil Pieces. Each of the Seraphs is given a set of Brave Saints cards in order to reincarnate other species into Angels, choosing believers of strong faith.

Due the Ace of Michael's, Irina Shidou's desire to become physically intimate with Issei Hyoudou, the engineers of Heaven developed the Interdimensional Room, which allows a Angel to become physically intimate and engage in sex without falling. After bestowing the original room to Irina, it is noted that Angels are capable of reproducing without falling due to the rooms effects. Angels, like Devils have exceptionally long lifespans and cannot easily conceive children with other supernatural species.

Factions

Four Great Seraphs

The Four Great Seraphs (四大セラフ, Yondai Serafu) are the current leaders who lead the Angels after the Biblical God's death in the Great War.

Ten Seraphs

Beyond the Four Great Seraphs, there also exist several more Seraphs who are collectively known as the Ten Seraphs (テン・セラフ, Jū Serafu).

Name Title Status

Metatron Ten Seraph Alive

Sandalphon Ten Seraph Alive

Raguel Ten Seraph Alive

Sariel Ten Seraph Alive

Remiel Ten Seraph Alive

Raziel Ten Seraph Alive

Brave Saints

The Brave Saints (御使いブレイブ・セイント, Bureibu Seinto), also known as the Royal Users, refers to Reincarnated Angels created by the Brave Saint system, a collection of unique Angelic Attribute Crystals in the form of a set of 13 playing cards.

Name

Dulio Gesualdo

Michael's Joker

Irina Shidou

Michael's Ace

Griselda Quarta

Gabriel's Queen

Mirana Shatarova

Gabriel's Ace

Diethelm Waldseemüller

Raphael's Ace

Nero Raimondi

Uriel's Ace

Ryuu Heikan

Raziel's Ten

Jessica Largerkvist

Sandalphon's Queen

Kiyotora Shinra

Metatron's Jack

Caesar Villiers

Uriel's Jack

Lint Sellzen

Unknown

Fallen Angels

The Fallen Angels (堕天使, Datenshi) are one of the Three Factions in High School DxD, alongside the Angels and Devils.

Summary

Fallen Angels are Angels that have fallen from the grace of God, due to having "impure thoughts" that divert them from the teachings of the God in the Bible. The leaders of Grigori were tempted by human women and had fallen after having sex with them.

Despite being cast out of Heaven, Fallen Angels and their subordinates have been known to occupy churches and use them as bases. However, they go out of their way to destroy all of the religious icons in these churches in the process out of spite for their former leader.

Currently, the Fallen Angels have the smallest population among the Three Factions.

Appearance

Fallen Angels have an appearance similar to their Angel counterparts with their wings; however, their wings are colored black as opposed to the Angels' white wings. Also, because they have been cast out of Heaven by God, they also lack the halos above their heads. They are also often seen wearing dark-colored clothes, mainly pertaining to the colors black and violet.

Like their Angel counterparts, the power of a Fallen Angel also contribute to how many wings they have. For example, Azazel, the former leader of the Fallen Angels, has six pairs of wings (twelve altogether) which justify his power. This extends to half-Fallen Angels as Akeno gained more fallen angel wings as her power increased. The blackness of the wings of each Fallen Angel is also different. Azazel, for example, has jet-black wings with feathers that have the color of everlasting darkness.

Female Fallen Angels possess seductive bodies in order to seduce men. This trait carries over to half-Fallen Angels, with Akeno's body considered particularly seductive.

Abilities

Although they have been cast out from Heaven, Fallen Angels retain the ability to use Holy Power and create Light Weapons. This type of weaponry is extremely harmful and poisonous to Devils, as it is shown many times when Issei is wounded by Dohnaseek and Raynare. Fallen Angels have the ability of flight via their feathered wings, their wings have also been shown to retract into their backs as if they've completely disappeared. The Fallen Angels can use the feathers of their wings as projectiles to pierce their opponents, with the feathers being as hard as steel and are also capable of using their wings for both offense and defense.

Like Devils and Angels, Fallen Angels have a unique ability which allows them to communicate with different people from around the world without the language barriers. All Fallen Angels also have increased physical abilities, such as superhuman strength, endurance, and speed. One of their known weaknesses is that they receive damage like devils do if they pray to God.

Unlike Angels and Devils, who require the use of a respective Brave Saints or Evil Pieces to replenish their numbers, Fallen Angels can replenish their number of "pure" Angels simply by tempting the remaining pure Angels in Heaven to join them. It is unknown if it works in the opposite direction, where the Fallen Angels can redeem themselves via selfless and righteous acts to rejoin Heaven. They can also increase their numbers through childbirth, as with the case of Baraqiel with Akeno through Akeno's mother.

Fallen Angels, like other factions, have their own system of magic and spells. This includes a method to wipe the memories of large numbers of people, as shown when all of Issei's friends forgot about Yuuma, or when Azazel wiped the memories of the girls of Kuoh Academy.

Magic Circle

Variant

Leaders

Leaders (幹部, Kanbu) are a group of executive fallen angels from Grigori who are noted for their power. They have a unique characteristic of having multiple fallen angel wings, as they possess at least 5 pairs of fallen angels wings. The Leaders are noted to be very powerful and proficient in using their light weapon abilities as they can shoot out multiple light weapons without fatigue.

Population

The Fallen Angel population consists of Angels who fell after being tempted by desires and having sex with humans, rebelling against the Biblical God, and stealing the knowledge of Heaven. Fallen Angels are capable of interbreeding among themselves and even other species: Akeno, being the result of Baraqiel, and his human wife, Shuri; and Shemhazai's unnamed child, who he had with his devil wife.

During the Great War, similar to the Devils and Angels, the Fallen Angels lost portion of their numbers, having the smallest numbers in the Three Factions. During the Evil Dragon War, Azazel revealed that Grigori once again lost portions of their numbers against Trihexa. Due to losing more of its top-brass members and the decreasing rate of natural-born Fallen Angels, Azazel says that the leaders of the Grigori didn't have any intention of trying to continue the existence of the Fallen Angels as a race, as they opted not to make a reincarnation system like the Evil Pieces and Brave Saints, despite being capable of doing so as Azazel stated that the Fallen Angels can end with him and the Grigori, though they would accept any angel who fell.

Factions

Grigori

Grigori (グリゴリ, Gurigori) is an organization created by Azazel and the Fallen Angels who fell with him from the Fifth Heaven[2]; they were also called "The Watchers of the Children of God" (in other words, the "Sacred Gear" possessors), and arguably represents the Fallen Angel "mainstream." The members of Grigori include exiled Church members (Valper Galilei and Freed Sellzen, for example) and Sacred Gear wielders that Azazel and the other members kept as their respected members; for example of these members are Tobio and Vali (Vali would later defect). Grigori invites or takes in possessors of Sacred Gears that have no family and are left alone, looking after these Sacred Gear possessors while training them on how to use their powers, turning them into experienced possessors to remain within the organization.

During the Great War, Grigori was the first to retreat after losing most of their forces, except for their leaders. Ever since then, Azazel has become more peaceful and tries to avoid battles as much as possible. However, there were still small fights between the Fallen Angels and other factions which did not reach Azazel's knowledge. An example was when Raynare and a group of Fallen Angels acted behind Azazel's back and performed a ritual to steal Asia Argento's Twilight Healing.

During the Demonic Beast Riot, Azazel also reveals that Grigori lost more of its members to the Khaos Brigade after a group of top-class Fallen Angels had been discovered to be giving out information to them. After the Riot, Azazel had to step down from his position as Governor for associating with the Khaos Brigade leader Ophis, with Baraqiel succeeding him.

Members of the Grigori became members of Team Lightning for the Azazel Cup under the leadership of Baraqiel.

Known Fallen Angels

Name Position Status

Azazel

Former Governor General, Advisor of Special Technology.

Alive (Sealed)

Shemhazai

Former Vice Governor General, Governor General

Alive

Baraqiel

Vice Governor General

Alive

Kokabiel

Former Leader

Imprisoned

Armaros

Researcher of Anti-Magic, Leader

Alive

Sahariel

Researcher of the Moon, Leader

Alive

Penemue

Chief Secretary, Leader

Alive

Tamiel

Head of Business Department, Leader

Alive

Satanael

Former Leader

Unknown

Raynare

N/A

Deceased

Kalawarner

N/A

Deceased

Dohnaseek

N/A

Deceased

Mittelt

N/A

Deceased

Akeno Himejima

Reincarnated Devil, Former Human/Fallen Angel Hybrid

Alive

Samael

Dragon/Fallen Angel Hybrid

Imprisoned

Dragons

Dragons (ドラゴン, Doragon) are one of the most powerful and prominent creatures in High School DxD.

Summary

Dragons are powerful supernatural beings, considered the strongest aside from the Gods themselves, admired, respected, and feared no matter the era. Among the supernatural, Dragons, as an entire race, didn't side with anyone from the Three Factions during the Great War, different from Fairies, Spirits, European Monsters, Asian Monsters, and Humans. However, in the end, some Dragons did end up joining the Three Factions, among the Underworld, consisting of Devils and Fallen Angels. In certain cultures and different parts of the world, Dragons are worshiped as Gods.

Dragons are said to be creatures born from a large mass of power, who act based on their desires, acting freely and selfishly, while having a high amount of intelligence. Azazel even theorized that the reason that Dragons are so powerful is because their pure thoughts compel them to devote themselves towards their goals, for the Evil Dragons, it would be battle and carnage, even if it meant their bodies would be annihilated too. Crom Cruach stated that Dragons are meant to live according to their will. All Dragons have pride in themselves, declaring their titles as a formal greeting or in response to accepting a challenge to a duel between Dragons or heroes.

There have been those who were created by powerful beings, such as Midgardsormr and his clones, who were created by the Evil God, Loki. And then Aži Dahāka, Aži Dahāka II, Ddraig II, and Albion II, who were all creations of the Evil God, Angra Mainyu. Aside from that, Dragons can be mass-produced and beings can be turned into dragons by using powerful items, such as the Longinus, Sephiroth Graal, and God of the Bible, who'd cursed Samael into a half-Fallen Angel, half-Dragon.

Dragons love hoarding treasures as seen with both the Dragon Kings, Tiamat, and Fafnir; the former had hoards of treasures, but Ddraig borrowed some of them and lost them to Human thieves after being sealed, scattering them all across the Human World. Losing a Dragon's treasure, no matter how small would result in them relentlessly pursuing whoever lost them, as shown when Tiamat hunted down Ddraig and his possessors for centuries, to make them pay for losing her treasures. Fafnir has a treasure trove located in the Dragon Range, ranging from famous items, and weapons, as well as Asia Argento's lingerie, sometimes wanting something from his contractor and summoning them into battle using a summoning portal from his mouth.

Male Dragons take a liking to females of other races while hating other males. Dragons are also known to be gluttons who enjoy eating delicious food, whether they are Evil Dragons like Nidhogg and Crom Cruach, or Dragon Gods like Lilith and Ophis,

No matter what, it is a mistake to anger even a Low-Class Dragon, more so one of the Heavenly Dragons or the Dragon Kings. This is because of their Outrage, as shown when the Dragon King Fafnir wielded power equal to or greater than the Super Devil Rizevim Livan Lucifer, then fought Crom Cruach, the strongest Evil Dragon, who surpassed the Heavenly Dragons. The simplest, most efficient method of calming down an enraged Dragon (or someone in possession of one via a Sacred Gear) is to sing them a specific song.

In the present, almost all powerful and legendary Dragons are either sealed inside of the Sacred Gears, such as Ddraig, Albion, and Vritra; dormant, missing, or dead. As shown by Ddraig, they revert back to an infantile mentality if they do not heal properly as a result of using up too much of their powers.

There is a race of Dragons who require a special fruit, called the Dragon Apple, to survive. All of the Dragon Apples on Earth have been destroyed due to climate changes, with the ones growing in the Underworld all existing within Tannin's territory.[3] He became a Devil to obtain this territory for their sake.

There is an obscure mountain known as the Dragon Range only accessible to Dragons via the Dragon Gate. It allows for harsh training and contains one of Fafnir's treasure vaults.

Appearance

Dragons are creatures with reptilian traits. There are two physical types of Dragons: Western Dragons and Eastern Dragons.

The Western Dragons (西洋のドラゴン, Seiyō no Doragon) are a lizard-like creature that stands on four legs, leathery or bat-like wings growing from their backs, and a long, muscular tail.

The Eastern Dragons (東洋のドラゴン, Tōyō no Doragon) are typically portrayed as serpentine creatures that have long, slim bodies with four legs, and without wings.

Various Dragons come in different colors, from red (Flame Dragon or Ddraig) to white (Albion) to blue (Tiamat or Sprite Dragon). Most Evil Dragons have black scales. However, just like most other supernatural beings, Dragons can assume human form to appear normal, and most of them prefer to remain in their human form. Ophis is completely humanoid, but can change both gender and physical age.[4]

Classes

The Dragons are divided into many different classes. There are the normal Dragons, the Dragon Kings which are above the normal Dragons, the Heavenly Dragons which are above the Dragon Kings, and the Dragon God, the highest class of Dragons.

Dragon God

The Dragon God (龍神, Ryūjin) is a class that belongs to Great Red and Ophis, the Ouroboros Dragon and founder of the Khaos Brigade, and Lilith, the spawn of Ophis. Great Red is also considered one of the Dragon Gods, in addition to being a True Dragon.

(compare to Tensura True Dragons Great red is a joke so in this idea he is a Dragon god not to Insult the True MIght of the TRUE Dragons)

Name Title Status

Ophis Ouroboros Dragon Alive

Lilith Spawn of Ophis Alive

Great Red Apocalypse Dragon Deceased

Two Heavenly Dragons

Heavenly Dragons

The Two Heavenly Dragons, Ddraig and Albion.

The Two Heavenly Dragons (二天龍, Nitenryū) are Dragons with powers that can kill both Gods and Satans, and are considered to be one of the highest class of Dragons, superior to Dragon Kings, but inferior to Dragon Gods. The two Heavenly Dragons are the Red Dragon Emperor (赤龍帝, Sekiryūtei), Ddraig, and the White Dragon Emperor (白龍皇, Hakuryūkō), Albion. Both were born in England with unique abilities that could destroy virtually any foe aside from each other and the Dragon Gods, the two developed newer ones as they began fighting each other.

One of their fights interrupted the Great War between Angels, Devils, and Fallen Angels, forcing the Three Factions to form a temporary truce against them. The Dragons fought back in anger over their own interrupted fight, but ultimately had their bodies destroyed and their souls sealed into two Sacred Gears: Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing. Most of their abilities were also sealed off in the process. Their hosts are given the same titles as the Dragons themselves, and are destined to continue the fight.

Name Title Status

Albion White Dragon Emperor Alive (Sealed)

Ddraig Red Dragon Emperor Alive (Sealed)

Five Great Dragon Kings

The Five Great Dragon Kings (五大龍王, Godai Ryūō) are a group of five (previously six) unique Dragons recognized for their strength and nobility.[5] Their highly destructive powers rival those of Ultimate-Class Devils or even the Four Great Satans. The Five Dragon Kings are Tiamat, Yu-Long, Vritra, Midgardsormr, and Fafnir. Tannin was also one of the Dragon Kings before leaving and joining the Devils.

Name Title Status

Tiamat Chaos Karma Dragon Alive

Yu-Long Mischievous Dragon Alive

Vritra Prison Dragon Alive (Sealed)

Midgardsormr Sleeping Dragon Alive

Fafnir Gigantis Dragon Alive

High-level Dragons

High-level Dragons: A Dragon class that belongs to normal Dragons. A total of four have appeared within the series.

Name Title Status

Sprite Dragon N/A Alive

Flame Dragon N/A Alive

Blizzard Dragon N/A Alive

Spectre Dragon N/A Alive

Zmei Dragon N/A Alive (Alivian)

Low-level Dragons

Low-level Dragons: A Dragon class that belongs to normal Dragons. The only Dragon that has been revealed that belongs to this class is the Earth Dragon.

The dinosaur that appeared in the short story A Tokusatsu Devil is an example of an Earth Dragon.

Evil Dragons

Another class of Dragon that is first introduced in Volume 14.

The Evil Dragons (邪龍, Jaryū) are a group of Dragons who are known for their particular vicious temperament, as the most vicious and brutal among all Dragons. Most of them are dangerous battle maniacs who want to destroy everything including themselves, causing them to be referred to as "Broken Dragons". Even the Heavenly Dragons, who surpassed the strongest three Evil Dragons in the past, would rather not get involved with them. As such, in the past, evil and malevolent Gods were among the few beings who were able to control Evil Dragons.[6]

Outside of their vicious nature, Evil Dragons, more so legendary ones, are noted to be incredibly powerful, wielding power that exceeds the Five Great Dragon Kings. The three strongest Evil Dragons, Crom Cruach, Aži Dahāka, and Apophis, were able to achieve power comparable to the Heavenly Dragons; however, the strongest one, Crom Cruach gained power that surpassed Ddraig and Albion from training.

Evil Dragons are difficult to handle, as a result of it being possible for them to revive themselves as long as a part of their soul remains; however, this often takes a large amount of time. It was most shown in Vritra, who is counted as being a Dragon King and Evil Dragon, who had regained consciousness despite his soul being split into four pieces, then sealed in four different Sacred Gears: the Vritra's Sacred Gears.

In the past, most legendary Evil Dragons were annihilated, aside from Crom Cruach, who remained active in the Human World and Underworld as a means of training himself. At some point, the Evil Dragons were revived, but then killed and sealed once again, ranging from Grendel, Ladon, and Niðhöggr, aside from Yamata no Orochi; then after the Evil Dragon War, those who defected from Qlippoth Aži Dahāka, and Apophis were killed.

The Dragons of this class include:

Name Title Status

Crom Cruach Crescent Circle Dragon Alive

Aži Dahāka Diabolism Thousand Dragon Deceased

Apophis Eclipse Dragon Deceased

Grendel Crime Force Dragon Alive (Sealed)

Yamata no Orochi Venom Blood Dragon Deceased

Ladon Insomniac Dragon Alive (Sealed)

Niðhöggr Abyss Rage Dragon Alive (Sealed)

Technically, Vritra is considered to be in this category as well, but he pales in comparison to their iniquity. Among the Evil Dragons, the ones that were the most brutal and stood at the top were:

Name Title

Crom Cruach Crescent Circle Dragon

Aži Dahāka Diabolism Thousand Dragon

Apophis Eclipse Dragon

All the currently known famous Evil Dragons were revived by Qlippoth of the Khaos Brigade for the Evil Dragon War. Out of the seven named Evil Dragons, Crom Cruach defected from Qlippoth, Aži Dahāka and Apophis betrayed Rizevim, Grendel, Ladon and Niðhöggr were all sealed after their defeat, while Yamata no Orochi, Apophis and Aži Dahāka were the only Evil Dragons who died in battle.

In Volume 16, Rizevim reveals that with the help of the Sephiroth Graal, he could mass-produce Evil Dragons, using it on the Vampires that already modified themselves using the Holy Grail. The mass-produced Evil Dragons are said to have at least the strength above a Mid-class Devil. Four of these dragons defected and formed a contract with Asia Argento after seeing Fafnir's impromptu cooking show in Volume 17.

Asia named the four:

Anselmus

Cyril

Gregorios

Simeon

Dragon Children

Are a group of Dragons who are children of the higher-class of Dragons. So far Tannin, the former Dragon King is known to have three sons.

Name Title Parent Status

Bova Tannin Bova the Destroyer Tannin Alive

Elemental Dragons

In Volume Dx.3, it is revealed there are Elemental Dragons named after the elements they can create and control:

Fire Dragons which can breathe fire.

Water Dragons which manipulate ice and water.

Wind Dragons which manipulate wind.

Lightning Dragons which manipulate lightning.

Ice Dragons which manipulate ice.

Other Dragons

There are certain Dragons that don't belong to or have a proper class due to being either former Dragons or even a Dragon that doesn't have a proper classification. After being reincarnated into a Devil, Tannin has lost all rights to be called a Dragon King.

Samael, who appears to be a cross between a Fallen Angel and a Dragon, but has been sealed for a long time.

Issei Hyoudou was turned into a Humanoid Dragon, having gained a new body made up of Great Red's flesh and Ophis' power, being considered an almost miniature True Dragon, but similar to Tannin, he was reincarnated into a Devil once again.

Powers and Abilities

The abilities of a Dragon differ between classes, their specific races, and in some cases, the specific Dragon. All of them have demonstrated the power of flight and their own elemental Breath (either fire, ice, or lightning). Their Breath attacks, physical attacks, and Aura are noted to be their most basic forms of offense. Dragons often display high durability because of their tough scales.

There have also been Dragons who have developed their own abilities aside from their basic ones such as Ddraig (Power Multiplication and Transference), Albion (Power Division and Absorption), and Vritra (Power Absorption and Transference).

A frequently seen trait amongst the higher classes of Dragons is the ability to change their appearance to varying degrees. This trait ranges from changing their size (Tannin and his son Bova Tannin) to completely changing their outward appearance (Yu-Long, Crom Cruach, Ophis, Tiamat, Apophis, and Alivian).

Same as God and Buddha, Dragons have an abundant lifespan, measuring in the millennium, some being almost ageless, however, most Dragons aren't shown as aging after maturing or dying unless they're killed. Dragons (and by extension Dragon Sacred Gear possessors) are immune to poisonous mist created from Youjutsu, which is said to be able to work on even higher ranking Devils and Youkai.

Outrage: Dragons seem to have the ability to enter an empowered state of sorts when they are angered. In this state, physical abilities increase significantly. When Fafnir entered this state, his power was enough that he was able to knock Lilith to the side and bite off one of Rizevim Livan Lucifer's arms. In the Outrage state, dragons will relentlessly pursue their enemies. Ddraig and Albion also entered Outrage mode back in the Great War and lashed out at the leaders of the Three Factions for interrupting their fight.

Magic: Though not many, some Dragons have the ability and also expertise in using various types and classes of Magic and spells, and often to far more potent degree than any other supernatural beings, higher classes of Dragons can use high classes of magic, and even forbidden spells. Some examples of these dragons are Aži Dahaka; who both controls and possesses one thousand magic skills, Fafnir; which he uses his skills in Magic to willfully open the Dragon gate and bestowed curses, and Apophis; who use his Magic to contain the Holy Grail through his own dimension.

Magic Resistance: The scales of Dragons are stated to be resistant to magic.

Curse: Though not all Dragons can use Curses, there are several higher ranking and powerful Dragons that can create and bestow Curses. In particular, those who can use forbidden Magics and spells, such as Fafnir who can use his spiritual presence, Vritra's shadowy black flames that can curse both mortals and supernatural beings, and Azi Dahaka's thousand skills of ancient and forbidden Magic skills.

Poison: Some Dragons can utilize poison, potent enough to even destroy the souls of their victims. Samael's poison is so dangerous, particularly to other Dragons, that it is heavily sealed. The Yamata no Orochi is also poisonous, but it is inferior to Samael and can be cured by Heaven's antidote. Albion's original ability is a poison capable of destroying virtually all organic matter.

Dragon Gate

The Dragon Gate (龍門ドラゴン・ゲート, Doragon Gēto) is a magic circle exclusive to the Dragons. The Dragon Gate allows them to summon another Dragon. While the Dragon Gate insignia can be drawn by someone else, it will only respond when there is a Dragon nearby. It requires 3 or more powerful Dragons to use to forcibly summon another Dragon. A Dragon Gate is required for the process of reaching the Dragon Range.

The Dragon Gate insignia is positioned after the Five Dragon Kings, Tannin, the Two Heavenly Dragons, and Grendel. Each of which is represented on the magic circle by a different color:

Name Color

Ddraig Red

Albion White

Tannin Purple

Tiamat Blue

Yu-Long Green

Vritra Black

Midgardsormr Grey

Fafnir Gold

Grendel Dark Green

Despite so, there appear to be other methods to use the Dragon Gate; in Volume 9, the Hero Faction intended to use a brainwashed Yasaka and the spiritual energy from Kyoto to replace the use of the Dragons to open the Dragon Gate.

Individuals who specialize in summoning magic and have made a Dragon into their Familiar can learn to use Dragon Gate magic to summon the dragon which is Familiar.

Weaknesses

Despite dragons being considered to be masses of power, a common weakness for dragons, as well as people with Dragon-type Sacred Gears, are objects or individuals dubbed Dragon Slayers (龍殺しドラゴン・スレイヤー, Doragon Sureiyā). Swords imbued with Dragon-Slaying abilities such as the Holy Sword Ascalon and the Demonic Emperor Sword, Gram have shown the ability to easily cut and harm Dragons, as Issei Hyoudou was able to use Ascalon to easily damage and destroy Vali Lucifer's Scale Mail during their fight, and the Demonic Sword Emperor, Gram was used by the original Siegfried to kill the Dragon King Fafnir, though Fafnir was later revived by the Norse Gods. Dragons can gain resistance to these Dragon Slayers by either using the Sephiroth Graal; or by through intense training as seen with Crom Cruach who defended against an attack from Issei's Crimson Blaster + Ascalon.

So far, the most dangerous weapon against Dragons is the deadly poison of the Dragon Eater, Samael, which is the end result of God of the Bible's intense hatred for Snakes and Dragons, one that eliminates their body and soul. Not even the Dragon Gods, Ophis or Great Red, the former who lost one-fourth of her power, because of Cao Cao, can withstand the Dragon Eater, so it isn't "Infinite", but "Finite". I

The Dragons have a disease called the Dragon Flu, which can also be caught by the users of Dragon-type Sacred Gears. While afflicted, they lose the ability to breathe fire.

Sacred Gears

Sacred Gears (神器セイクリッド・ギア, Seikuriddo Gia), also known as God's Artifacts (神器, Jinki), are items with powerful abilities bestowed upon Humans by God of the Bible.

The Sacred Gears are one of the main points of interest in High School DxD.

Summary

The original God of the Bible created the Sacred Gears as part of his system to enact miracles on Earth. Yuuto Kiba has stated that certain individuals with Sacred Gears have grown to become very powerful and influential and that a large number of the people who've had their names etched into history, were most likely Sacred Gear possessors.

Sacred Gears varies from the common Twice Critical to the rare Sacred Gear Twilight Healing, with the only exception being the Longinus, which are all unique in their own way. There can be more than one Sacred Gear of the same type such as Blade Blacksmith. If a Sacred Gear is removed from the owner, they would die.

Humans or Human hybrids are the only species able to be born with Sacred Gears; however, they maintain them upon their reincarnation into Devils and Angels. The Fallen Angels from Grigori devised a ritual able to extract a Sacred Gear from the original owner and use it for themselves, this results in the death of the original owner.

It is possible for a person to own more than one Sacred Gear at the same time. However, this almost always happens because the individual comes to a second or even more Sacred Gear through irregular circumstances than through birth. As an example: Yuuto Kiba obtained his second Sacred Gear, Blade Blacksmith, from the Holy Element he received from Valper Galilei. Inside the Holy Element, was the soul of one of his former comrades who originally owned this Sacred Gear, allowing him to pass it on to Yuuto. Another case is Mitsuya Kanzaki, who isn't the original owner of Telos Karma nor Innovate Clear, but instead uses a special terminal to wield them. As there have not been any individuals in the series who have been born with multiple Sacred Gears, it may even be possible that people are always born with a single Sacred Gear.

It is unknown why supernatural beings are never born with them, but in Volume 12, Kiba theorized it could be due to Humans' desires to make them grow and evolve using various methods.

Sacred Gears can also affect their user negatively. There are wielders, often children, who end up dying because they have Sacred Gears; an example of such a circumstance would be the son of Rudiger Rosenkreutz, who had a Sacred Gear that was killing him.

Although it is a rare occurrence, there are those Sacred Gear users who were born with Balance Breaker without the need to achieve it; the problem with such a feat is that those who had this ability without needing to achieve it died or became unstable with their powers.

Another instance of users being harmed by the Sacred Gears themselves are those who access the ability known as Juggernaut Drive or Breakdown the Beast, only able to be achieved by Sacred Gears with creatures sealed inside. In exchange for unmatched power capable of rivaling or killing Gods and Satans, the user not only loses sanity, but also has their life force being used as a fuel source.

Abilities

Sacred Gears can have a variety of effects, such as Asia Argento's Twilight Healing granting near-instantaneous healing and Siegfried's Twice Critical doubling the power of the user. Yuuto's Sword Birth, for example, can create Demon Swords imbued with different attributes; examples include creating a sword that absorbs Holy Power, a sword that devours flame, and a sword that absorbs wind.

" — Desire. Sacred Gears are driven with the power of desire. And it also determines the power for it as well. Even though you are a Devil, your will to desire hasn't been lost. The stronger you desire, the stronger your Sacred Gear will respond to you. "

– Rias Gremory commenting on the abilities of Sacred Gears., Light Novel Volume 1

Sacred Gears can also adapt and evolve based on their wielder's thoughts, needs, and feelings, gaining abilities or qualities as time passes. This is stated to be the source of Balance Breaker, and suggested to be the source of the transformation into a Sub-Species.

Balance Breaker

Sacred Gears have an ultimate state of activation called the Balance Breaker (禁手バランス・ブレイカー, Baransu Bureikā), also known as the Forbidden Move (禁手, Kin-te), which is the most powerful manifestation of the Sacred Gear. Once reached, the Balance Breaker can be entered again far more easily than the first time.

An incomplete Balance Breaker can be reached by self-sacrifice on the part of the user, However, this sacrifice method does not count as a true activation of Balance Breaker.

Reaching the Balance Breaker can be triggered by the feelings of its possessor. Balance Breaker is said to be have been never intended, and that it was a flaw in the system created by God.

Juggernaut Drive

Juggernaut Drive (覇龍ジャガーノート・ドライヴ, Jagānōto Doraivu), also known as Dragon of Supremacy (覇龍, Haryū), is a special ability exclusive only to the Longinus Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing, and is considered to be a forbidden move.

The Juggernaut Drive temporarily removes the seal placed on the Heavenly Dragons, and for users that possess insufficient power the Juggernaut Drive will drain the user's life force which is needed to fuel the power, and drive them insane in the process as they cannot handle it.

For other Sacred Gears that have creatures sealed inside (such as the Regulus Nemea), their Juggernaut Drive goes under a different name called Breakdown the Beast (覇獣ブレイクダウン・ザ・ビースト, Bureikudaun za Bīsuto), also known as Beast of Supremacy (覇獣, Hajū).

The True Longinus has a similar power as well, which unleashes the 'Dying Will' of the God of the Bible, called Truth Idea, also known as Brightness of Supremacy (覇輝, Haki).

Types

Longinus

True Longinus: the first and most powerful Longinus.

Aside from the normal Sacred Gears, there are also the Longinus (神滅具ロンギヌス, Ronginusu). This class of Sacred Gears are also known as Tools that Destroy God (神滅具, Kamimetsugu).

Longinus are unique top-tier Sacred Gears, with each having multiple abilities compared to a normal Sacred Gear which only has one, and has the power to slay Gods.

There are 13 Longinus in total. However, Azazel has stated that there is the potential for more Sacred Gear to eventually evolve into Longinus, under the right conditions. After the Evil Dragon War, because of all the abnormalities within the Sacred Gear system and the Sacred Gears' ability for growth and change, 5 more Sacred Gears evolved into the Longinus class.

Longinus and Balance Breakers were never intended to be created, and are considered to be glitches in the system. The Longinus class of Sacred Gears are named for the first Sacred Gear to achieve this level of power: the True Longinus.

Artificial Sacred Gears

Down Fall Dragon Spear: the first Artificial Sacred Gear demonstrated.

It is possible for Artificial Sacred Gears to be created. Azazel, the leader of the Fallen Angels and Grigori, has conducted countless research studies on Sacred Gears. He eventually managed to create his own Sacred Gear, the Down Fall Dragon Spear, using the jewel that has Fafnir, one of the five Dragon Kings sealed inside it.

Artificial Sacred Gears, however, are inferior to the real ones. The Artificial Sacred Gears that Azazel researched and invented have several limits and side effects. For example, after some time has passed, an Artificial Sacred Gear can cause fatigue after their usage and may affect both the powers and abilities of the wielder if said wielder uses them for long periods of time.

Sub-Species

Sub-Species are Sacred Gears that have taken on a unique characteristic because of the thoughts and feelings of the wielder. They are more powerful than the normal form of the same Sacred Gear, and will sometimes gain a new ability as well.

Sometimes, both the Sacred Gear in its normal state, as well as the Balance Breaker will be a Sub-Species, like Siegfried's for example. Other times, however, only the Balance Breaker will be a Sub-Species, such as Yuuto's Blade Blacksmith. Even Longinus can gain a Sub-Species Balance Breaker like Cao Cao's True Longinus' Polar Night Longinus Chakravartin or Sairaorg Bael's Regulus Nemea's Regulus Rey Leather Rex.

State Change Sacred Gears

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Boosted Gear

Divine Dividing

Telos Karma

Alphecca Tyrant

Aegis Mineralization

Twice Critical

Procellarum Phantom

Ragnarok Aesir Berserk

Recovery Sacred Gears

Asia healing a young boy

Twilight Healing, a Recovery Sacred Gear.

Recovery Sacred Gears are sub-category of State Change Sacred Gears. It allows the user to heal wounds or restore another person's health. Due to their usefulness and rarity, Recovery Sacred Gears are highly sought after by all factions.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Sephiroth Graal

Twilight Healing

Holy Resuscitation

Creation Sacred Gears

Leonardo's creation from the Annihilation Maker

Annihilation Maker, a Creation Sacred Gear.

Creation Sacred Gears are a type of Sacred Gear that allows the user to create matter/objects out of nothing.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Annihilation Maker

Sword Birth

Blade Blacksmith

Strategy Trap

Scouting Persona

Defensive/Counter-Based Sacred Gears

Mirror Alice in the manga

Mirror Alice, a Defensive/Counter-Based Sacred Gear.

Defensive/Counter-Based Sacred Gears are a type of Sacred Gear that focuses mainly on defense and countering the attacks of the opponent.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Mirror Alice

Night Reflection

Sturdy Saint

Twinkle Aegis

Attribute/Elemental Sacred Gears

Hercules with Variant Detonation aura in HERO

Variant Detonation, a Attribute/Elemental Sacred Gear.

Attribute/Elemental Sacred Gears are a type of Sacred Gear that incorporates different elemental attributes in its ability.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Zenith Tempest

Incinerate Anthem

Absolute Demise

Nereid Kyrie

Unknown Dictator

Variant Detonation

Flame Shake

Staring Blue

Staring Green

Freezing Archaeopteryx

Time/Space-Based Sacred Gears

Gasper - Forbidden Balor View

Forbidden Balor View, a Time/Space-Based Sacred Gear.

Time/Space-Based Sacred Gears are Sacred Gears that have the ability to manipulate time and/or space.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Aeon Balor

Forbidden Balor View

Gravity Jail

Dreamlike Curse

Barrier/Sealing Sacred Gears

Mist of the Dimension Lost in the anime

Dimension Lost, a Barrier/Sealing Sacred Gear.

Barrier/Sealing Sacred Gears are Sacred Gears that have the ability to create barriers or seal an opponent or ability.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Dimension Lost

Innovate Clear

Trick Vanish

Applause Wall

Independent Avatar Sacred Gears

Canis Lykaon -Jin-

Canis Lykaon, a Independent Avatar Sacred Gear.

Independent Avatar Sacred Gears are Sacred Gears that takes the form of a living-like creature that moves and acts of its own free will and instincts.

Among the embodiment-type Sacred Gears, these Sacred Gears themselves have its own individual consciousness and instinct, as the wielder can command the Sacred Gear from a distance. Because of its nature, it often mimics a living thing, and the embodied beast-type Sacred Gears can also eat like a living creature.

Independent Avatar Sacred Gears that manipulate energy can make a huge amount of energy take a humanoid form, using it as a puppet. The embodied Sacred Gear can be made to not be visible to ordinary Humans, and it can disappear or assume a smaller form that makes it easier to lead daily life than the true appearance.

The advantage is that the user can issue instructions from a safe place away from the battlefield, but at the same time, the risk that the user is vulnerable is greater than other Sacred Gears, so the user is often physically weak. In the case of the beast-type, if the Sacred Gear is attacked, damage may accumulate and it will be impossible for it to continue to fight, or for the beast to be sealed with a unique technique.

It is said that it is necessary to go into the depths of the Sacred Gear and the soul of the sealed creature in order to enhance the ability, but there is a danger that there is a chance that the user could be replaced by the consciousness within the Sacred Gear.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Canis Lykaon

Regulus Nemea

Absolute Demise

Incinerate Anthem

Four Fiends

Freezing Archaeopteryx

Sealed/Contract Sacred Gears

Divine Dividing in the Sky

Divine Dividing, a Sealed/Contract Sacred Gear.

Sealed/Contract Sacred Gears is a generic term for Sacred Gears that have sealed a powerful creature inside them. These Sacred Gears are powerful, but if the creature inside the Sacred Gears isn't awake or if it's inactive, the user will only be able to use the minimal abilities of the Sacred Gear.

As the user of Sacred Gear increases their ability, they will not only get closer to the creature sealed within, they will also be able to benefit from their sharpening senses. But, on the other hand, as a consequence, they will be forced to pay something important to the sealed creature as a price for the sudden increase in power.

While originally the God of the Bible forcibly sealed the various powerful creatures in the Sacred Gears, newer Artificial Sacred Gears are created by the user having a powerful creature voluntarily sealing themselves into Sacred Gears under the condition of being payed a price for their service.

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Boosted Gear

Divine Dividing

Regulus Nemea

Canis Lykaon

Four Fiends

Down Fall Dragon Spear

Ragnarok Aesir Berserk

Twinkle Aegis

Vritra's Sacred Gears

Saji utilizing Absorption Line Full

The Vritra's Sacred Gears.

Vritra's Sacred Gears (ヴリトラ系神器, Vuritora-kei Jingi), also known as Prison Dragon's Sacred Gears, are the Sacred Gears that have a part of the soul of the Dragon King, Vritra, sealed inside of them. Vritra's Sacred Gears are considered Trap-type Sacred Gears.[1]

Known Sacred Gears of this type are:

Absorption Line

Blaze Black Flare

Delete Field

Shadow Prison

List of Sacred Gears

Longinus

Absolute Demise

Aeon Balor

Alphecca Tyrant

Annihilation Maker

Boosted Gear

Canis Lykaon

Dimension Lost

Divine Dividing

Incinerate Anthem

Innovate Clear

Nereid Kyrie

Regulus Nemea

Sephiroth Graal

Star Buster Star Blaster

True Longinus

Telos Karma

Zenith Tempest

Unknown Dictator

Vritra

Absorption Line

Blaze Black Flare

Delete Field

Shadow Prison

Artificial

Applause Wall

Blazer Shining Aura Darkness Blade

Down Fall Dragon Spear

Procellarum Phantom

Ragnarok Aesir Berserk

Scouting Persona

Twinkle Aegis

Central/Cardinal World

Background

The original universe out of the many universes created by Star-King Dragon Veldanava. It's a world of "chaos" that has the mixed properties of both a spiritual world and a physical world. Many different objects and beings from other universes often find themselves winding up in the central world by chance, but getting out is a substantially more difficult task with the notable exception of the spirit realm and demon realm, which have "gates" going to and from.

Main Planet

Continents

Magic Continent

The Magic Continent (魔大陸 Ma tairiku?) is the central continent where most of the series events take place. On the far west, there are the "Barren Lands", a great expanse of inhospitable sandy desert contaminated with magicule radiations where the ancient ruin of 'Soma' is located and the territory of Demon Lord Dagruel, on its border lies the Holy Empire Ruberios, a rich land and the territory of Demon Lord Luminous Valentine as well as the home of the Western Holy Church.

In the center of the continent lies a great collection of countries collectively referred to as the 'Western Nations', as well as the Jura Forest which contains the Jura Tempest Federation and is the abode of Storm Dragon Veldora. Both are considered the territory of Demon Lord Rimuru although he's only publicly the ruler of the Tempest Federation. There's also the 'Canaat Mountain Range' to the north, a great expanse of mountains ruled on the surface by the Dragon Lords who reside in the 'Dragon Roost' at the peak of the tallest mountain, and ruled underground by the Armed Nation of Dwargon. And at the southern border of Jura Forest is the Sorcerer's Dynasty Sarion, a collection of 13 elven states that swear allegiance to their divine emperor Elmesia El Ru Sarion, but otherwise act independently to each other. Its "capital" is the state of El-Ru where the emperor and his family reside.

In the eastern border of the Jura Forest lies a collection of demi-human and majin populated states collectively the territory of Demon Lord Milim Nava and Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest . Its 'Capital' is the unnamed city currently under construction at the site of the former capital of the Beast Kingdom Eurazania. And finally to the far east lies the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire or more simply 'Eastern Empire', an expansionist empire made up of over 100 cities with a population of over eight-hundred million people. In the empire, people of all races are accepted without prejudice as long as they submit themselves to the emperor and anybody can obtain political power by joining the military. It is a land of "might makes right", ruled by its eternal emperor Rudra Nam Ul Nasca. Its capital is called 'Nasca' and is located next to a great holy mountain said to house the empire's guardian deity, Scorch Dragon Velgrynd.

Ice Continent

The Ice Continent (氷土の大陸 Kōri tsuchi no tairiku?) is the northern continent as well as the domain of the first Demon Lord, Guy Crimson. Its surface is constantly under a thick layer of permafrost and harsh weather due to the Frost Dragon Velzard's Aura, making it inhospitable to all but the strongest of living beings. The only known "settlement" is the Palace of White Ice, where Guy and Velzard, as well as a massive army of daemons under the leadership of Rain and Misery, call home.

El Dorado

El Dorado (黄金郷 エル・ドラード Ōgonkyō Eru Dorado?) is the southwest continent singlehandedly ruled by Demon Lord Leon Cromwell. It has a large and active supermassive volcano at its center that constantly spews out ash and draws out large mineral deposits from deep under the surface, including gold, the source of El Dorado's income. The capital of El Dorado which resides besides a volcano, was also home to a "Hell Gate" managed by the Primordial Yellow.

Regions / Key Locations

Note: Other Key Locations are kept on the page of the continent.

Ocean

Not much is known about the ocean or what resides in it. Any attempts to set sail are doomed to fail due to the presence of giant sea beasts that attack ships with their colossal bodies of ten meters.

Monsters

Monster (魔物モンスター monsutā, lit. "Magical/Demonic Object"?) is a term that refers to all Magicule-based life-forms. As magical beings, monsters do not require the essentialities of normal life forms—such as eating, drinking, sleeping, or breathing—and instead only require sufficient magicules for sustenance.

Monster Origins

There are three manners in which a monster may come into existence.

Spawning, where the monster is born out of the Factor and magicules either latent within the surroundings or let off by a "parent" monster.

Biological Reproduction that has either a singular monster or a pair of compatible monsters engage in regular biological reproduction.

Mutation of non-magic lifeforms—plants, animals, humans, demi-humans, spirits, or mystic beasts—into magic lifeforms. It occurs when the subject is exposed to more magicules than it can handle. While this would normally result in death, they can occasionally be reborn as a monster.

Majin

The term "Majin" refers to monsters that possess proper intelligence and rational thought similar to humans and demi-humans. [4] A monster can be a majin from birth (such as Vampires, Giants, and Daemons), become one later in life via evolution, or be born by the monsterization of an already intelligent lifeform, i.e Humans and Demi-Humans. [5]

Named Monsters

Named Monsters (名持ちの魔物ネームドモンスター nēmudo monsutā?) are monsters who are Named. Named monsters usually have a much easier time acquiring skills and have almost always evolved into a higher race.

Unique Monsters

Unique Monsters (ユニークモンスター yunīku monsutā?) are individuals of a particular race of monster born with certain characteristics, traits, or abilities not found within the typical member of their species. These individuals are usually much stronger and smarter than their ordinary counterparts. Examples include the Orc Lords and Rimuru Tempest.

Dragons

Dragons (竜族ドラゴン doragon?), not to be confused with True Dragons, are one of the strongest races that exist in the world. They generally reside on and around the Canaat Mountains.

Appearance

They are a reptilian race with massive muscular bodies covered in thick scales. They bare wings, razor sharp claws, and large fangs like swords.

Properties

Dragons, unlike True Dragons, are Physical Lifeforms at birth. Although the two appear similar, they're in essence closer to dinosaurs or reptiles.

Background

The origin of dragons can be traced back to Star King Dragon Veldanava, or more precisely the Elemental Dragon he gifted to his daughter Milim Nava.

Upon the death of the Elemental Dragon and its subsequent transformation into a Chaos Dragon, its factor spread throughout the world, spawning Lesser Dragons in areas high in Magicule concentration.

Types

There are 2 main types of dragons, Lesser Dragons and Arch Dragons.

The Lesser Dragon family holds very little dragon essence and the Arch Dragon family holds a much greater quantity of dragon essence.

True Dragons

True Dragons (竜種 ryūshu, lit. "Dragon Species"?) are the highest ranking beings in existence. They're nigh-invulnerable and nigh-unstoppable avatars of nature that serve as the pillars of all creation with only five known to exist.

Appearance

True Dragons, as nature itself incarnate, and as spiritual life-forms, do not have a set singular appearance or form. They can assume the appearance and properties of whatever they wish, with no real attachment to their bodies. As spiritual beings, whatever form they assume will be affected by their own personal self-image and individuality. True Dragon's typically assume a massive lizard-like form covered in scales and bearing horns and wings, in addition to a secondary human-like form, with Rimuru's Slime Form being a notable exception. Their large draconic form is capable of taking and dealing much more damage, while their human form is far more energy efficient and is better suited for long-term battles.

Birth

After a True Dragon is born for the first time, it can never be truly killed. Even if the individual itself is killed, another True Dragon of the same natural characteristic will be born anew somewhere else. That new True Dragon will have the memories of the previous but might lose some aspects of its personality, while simply understanding its nature of existence right after birth.

Abilities

Skills

Intrinsic Skills

Although each True Dragon is "Unique" and has different intrinsic abilities, all five of them share three intrinsic skills in common.

Dragon Spirit Haki

Powerful Haki that imbues the user's aura with magical and physical properties, shredding anything it comes into contact with.

Universal Sense

Allows the user to perceive almost all sensations including but not limited to, light, sound, smell, and heat in a wide radius.

Universal Shapeshift

Allows the user to freely change their body's properties and disguise their appearance.

Known True Dragons

"Star King Dragon" Veldanava

The greatest of the True Dragons and the strongest among them. He is also the God that created the world in which they live. The husband of Lucia and father to Demon Lord Milim Nava.

"White Ice Dragon" Velzard

Partner of Guy Crimson, Velzard is known to be second in birth as well as in power from Veldanava. She is prideful and haughty, and was incredibly jealous when Veldanava granted Guy important roles instead of paying attention to her.

"Scorch Dragon" Velgrynd

Partner of Rudra Nam Ul Nasca, Velgrynd is the fastest Dragon in existence. Her very essence is that of 'acceleration' and 'high momentum'. Although slightly hot-headed, she is very compassionate, especially to her allies and family.

"Storm Dragon" Veldora

The personification of chaos and destruction who terrorized humanity for thousands of years and is infamous as a result. Despite bearing rational thought and intelligence he rampaged even right after he was born, being treated harshly by his sisters for his behaviour ever since. After meeting Rimuru, Veldora learned how to control his power and gained some slight semblance of restraint.

Comparable Existences

Milim Nava

A Dragonoid, she is one of the oldest and strongest Demon Lords. The daughter of Veldanava and Lucia, she inherited the greater part of her father's power resulting in many comparing her to True Dragons.

Gaia

As an offshoot of Veldanava's power and as his potential vessel for reincarnation, Gaia's body, and possibly Gaia herself, has the potential to reach the level of a True Dragon, as indicated by her corpse reaching the level of a Catastrophe class just from Milim's Harvest Festival gift.

Charybdis

Similar to Gaia, Charybdis is an offshoot of a True Dragon, in this case an offshoot of Veldora and inherits similar qualities, albeit being much weaker.

Differentiation From Regular Dragons

Dragons are beings born from the released "Essence" of Gaia in places with high magicules when she became the Chaos Dragon. Although they cannot compare in terms of existence or power, often even outright called an entirely different lifeform, their appearance is still extremely similar.

Race

Race (種族 shuzoku?) is a term used to describe the physiological species of beings.

Physical Lifeform

Physical Lifeforms are lifeforms that are completely dependent on their Material Body.

Humans

Humans (人間ヒューマン hyūman?) are a species that, although weak at birth, and being born without any Intrinsic Skills, are high in number and specialize in aura centric Arts, making them able to defend themselves against innately stronger Races despite their relatively small amount of magicules.

Demi-Humans

Demi-Humans (亜人デミヒューマン demi hyūman?) are a classification of species that are all closely related to, and able to breed with, humans. They can be largely put into two major categories with only a few exceptions. Sprites which are descended from Fairies and include groups such as Elves, Dwarves, Oni, and Merfolk. And Beastial Races all of which either fall under the umbrella of or are derived from Lycanthropes and are a hybrid between humans and magical beasts.

Mystic Beasts

Mystic Beast (妖獣 yōjū?) refers to any animal who is better adapted to magicules than normal. They are to animals what demi-humans are to humans, possessing a significantly larger amount of magicules and usually carrying intrinsic skills. Unlike Monsters they require normal foods like meat and vegetables, making them a more common everyday threat than monsters.

Monsters

Monster (魔物モンスター monsutā?) is a catch-all term that refers to all Magicule-based lifeforms. As magical beings, monsters do not require the essentialities of normal lifeforms—such as eating, drinking, sleeping, or breathing—and instead only require sufficient magicules for sustenance.

They can be broken up into two major groups. The mindless monsters which typically don't pay humans much attention and seek out prey with a large amount of magicules with the incentive of evolution. And the intelligent monsters otherwise known as Majin who tend to ally themselves with demon lords and their ilk instead of humanity.

Monsters commonly undergo evolutions that might drastically change their skills, intelligence, looks, and magicule capacities. In most cases the only requirement is reaching a certain level of magicules, but certain conditions must be fulfilled in some cases.

Magic Beasts

Magic Beast (魔獣 majū?) is a term that refers to Monsters closely related to or evolved from animals, making up the large majority of monsters seen in the series. Examples include Armorsaurus, Blade Tigers, and Direwolves.

Demi-Spiritual Lifeforms

Demi-Spiritual Lifeforms (半精神生命体 han-seishin seimei-tai, lit. "Half-Mental Organism"?) are a type of being that are, as the name suggests, a step below Spiritual Lifeforms. They think with their spiritual body and make up the "lesser" races found within Spiritual Worlds. Examples include Slimes and Cryptids.

Enlightened

Enlightened (仙人せんじん senjin?) is a term used by Humans to refer to those among them who have "evolved the correct way" and become Demi-Spiritual Lifeforms. The exact criteria for being considered one seem to be arbitrarily decided, but isn't incorrect to call any Human or Demi-Human who has become a demi-spiritual lifeform as an "Enlightened".

Spiritual Lifeforms

Spiritual Lifeforms (精神生命体 seishin seimei-tai, lit. "Mental Organism"?) are a type of being that can think and act with only their soul and astral body. They're beings of pure willpower that typically reside within spiritual worlds but are occasionally born among or evolved from material and demi-spiritual beings and need a physical vessel to remain inside the material plane.

Saint

Saint (聖人 seijin?) is a term used by Humans to refer to those among them who have "evolved the correct way" and become Spiritual Lifeforms. The exact criteria for being considered one seem to be arbitrarily decided, but isn't incorrect to call any Human or Demi-Human who has become a spiritual lifeform as a "Saint".

Elementals

Elementals (精霊エレメンタル erementaru, lit. "Spirits"?) are a major race of Spiritual Lifeforms that are strong against Daemons but weak against Angels.

They're the spirits of nature and come into existence from collections of natural energy or as offshoots of a higher elemental. They feed off of natural energy to fuel their evolution and when incarnated into physical form they're collectively known as "Fairies".

Angels

Angels (天使族エンジェル enjeru, lit. "Heavenly Messenger Tribe"?) are a major race among Spiritual Lifeforms and are holy beings derived from elementals. They have an advantage against Elementals but are disadvantaged against Daemons.

A typical angel is born with both intelligence and knowledge but lacks any sort of meaningful emotion and have a naturally weak ego. They exist largely to be used as tools carrying out the will of Veldanava and attack the world in droves every 500 years in an event known as the Tenma War.

When incarnated it is possible for an angel to develop a strong ego as seen with Kaede, and when corrupted by magicules an angel loses its status as a holy being entirely and becomes known as a Fallen.

Daemons

Daemon (悪魔族デーモン dēmon, lit. "Devil Tribe"?) are a major race of Spiritual Lifeforms and are magical beings derived from elementals. They have an advantage against Angels but are disadvantaged against Elementals.

They spontaneously come into being within the Daemon Realm, where they endlessly fight each other. At times they might be summoned into the Material World, where they require a Material Body to remain permanently or they will get ejected back into the Daemon World by the rejection force of the Material World.

List of Races

Human

Human (人間ヒューマン hyūman?)

Enlightened (仙人 senjin?)

Saint (聖人 seijin?)

Divine Human (神人 shinjin?)

Demonoid (人魔族デモンノイド demon'noido, lit. "Human-Monster Tribe"?)

High Human (真なる人類ハイ・ヒューマン hai hyūman, lit. "True Human Race"?)

Homunculus (人造人間ホムンクルス homunkurusu, lit. "Artificial Human"?)

Demi-Human

Halfling (小人族ハーフリング hāfuringu, lit. "Short People Tribe?)

Sprite

Dwarf (ドワーフ族 dowāfu-zoku?)

High Dwarf (地精人ハイドワーフ hai dowāfu, lit. "Earth Spirit People"?)

Elf (耳長族エルフ erufu, lit. "Long-Ear Tribe"?)

High Elf (風精人ハイエルフ hai erufu, lit. "Wind Spirit People"?)

Dark Elf (黒妖耳長族ダークエルフ dāku erufu, lit. "Black Mystic Long-Ear Tribe"?)

Merfolk (魚人族マーマン māman, lit. "Fish People Tribe"?)

Siren (水精人セイレーン seirēn, lit. "Water Spirit People"?)

Oni (鬼 oni?) [abstraction]

Enki (火精人エンキ enki, lit. "Fire Spirit People"?)

Goblin (子鬼族ゴブリン goburin, lit. "Child Oni Tribe"?)

Hobgoblin (人鬼族ホブゴブリン hobugoburin, lit. "Adult Oni Tribe"?)

Goblina (人鬼族ゴブリナ goburina, lit. "Adult Oni Tribe"?)

Ogre (大鬼族オーガ ōga, lit. "Large Oni Tribe"?)

Kijin (鬼人族キジン kijin, lit. "Oni People Tribe?)

Oni (Mystic) (妖鬼オニ oni, lit. "Fairy Oni"?)

Oni (Wicked) (悪鬼オニ oni, lit. "Evil Oni"?)

Spirit Oni (霊鬼 reiki?)

Death Oni (死鬼族 shiki-zoku?)

Divine Oni (鬼神キシン kishin?)

Divine Fighter (闘神トウシン tōshin?)

Beastfolk

Lycanthrope (獣人族ライカンスロープ raikansurōpu, lit. "Beast People Tribe"?)

Spirit Beast (霊獣 reijū?)

Divine Beast (獣神ジュウシン jūshin?)

Tengu (長鼻族テング tengu, lit. "Long-Nose Tribe"?)

Rabbitfolk (兎人族ラビットマン rabittoman, lit. "Rabbit People Tribe"?)

Kobold (犬頭族コボルト koboruto, lit. "Dog Headed Tribe"?)

Orc (豚頭族オーク ōku, lit. "Pig-Head Tribe"?)

Orc Knight (豚頭騎士オークナイト ōku naito, lit. "Pig-Head Knight"?)

Orc Elite (豚頭親衛隊オークエリート ōku erīto, lit. "Pig-Head Bodyguard"?)

Orc General (豚頭将軍オークジェネラル ōku jeneraru, lit. "Pig-Head General"?)

Orc Lord (豚頭帝オークロード ōku rōdo, lit. "Pig-Head Emperor"?)

Orc Disaster (豚頭魔王オークディザスター ōku dizasutā, lit. "Pig-Head Demonic King"?)

High Orc (猪人族ハイオーク hai ōku, lit. "Boar People Tribe"?)

Spirit Boar (霊猪 reicho?)

Divine Boar (猪神シシガミ shishigami?)

Dragonewt (龍人族ドラゴニュート doragonyūto, lit. "Draconic People Tribe"?)

Dragonewt (True) (真・龍人族ドラゴニュート doragonyūto, lit. "True Draconic People Tribe"?)

Spirit Dragon (霊龍 reiryū?)

Divine Dragon (龍神 ryūjin?)

Lizardman (蜥蜴人族リザードマン rizādoman, lit. "Lizard People Tribe"?)

Spirits

Angels

Angel (天使族エンジェル enjeru, lit. "Heavenly Messenger Tribe"?)

Power (能天使パワー pawā, lit. "Skilled Heavenly Messenger"?)

Virtue (力天使ヴァーチャー vu~āchā, lit. "Powerful Heavenly Messenger"?)

Dominion (主天使ドミニオン dominion, lit. "Principal Heavenly Messenger"?)

Throne (座天使ソロネ sorone, lit. "Seated Heavenly Messenger"?)

Cherub (智天使ケルプ kerupu, lit. "Wise Heavenly Messenger"?)

Seraph (熾天使セラフィム serafimu, lit. "Blazing Heavenly Messenger"?)

Fallen (堕天族フォールン fōrun, lit. "Fallen Angel Tribe"?)

Phantom (妖魔族ファントム fantomu?)

Mystic Angel (妖天 yōten?)

Daemons

Daemon (悪魔族デーモン dēmon, lit. "Devil Tribe"?) [abstract]

Lesser Daemon (下位悪魔レッサーデーモン ressā dēmon?)

Greater Daemon (上位悪魔グレーターデーモン gurētā dēmon?)

Diable Chevalier (上位悪魔騎士ディアブルシュバリエ diaburu shubarie?)

Arch Daemon (上位魔将アークデーモン āku dēmon, lit. "Greater Demonic General"?)

Daemon Lord (悪魔公デーモンロード dēmon rōdo?)

Metal Daemon (金属性悪魔族メタルデーモン metaru dēmon?)

Devil Lord (悪魔王デヴィルロード devu~iru rōdo?)

Elementals

Elemental (精霊エレメンタル erementaru, lit. "Elemental Spirit"?) [abstract]

Lesser Elemental (下位精霊 kai seirei, lit. "Lower Ranked Elemental Spirit"?)

Medium Elemental (中位精霊 chūi seirei, lit. "Middle Ranked Elemental Spirit"?)

Beast Gnome (ビーストノーム bīsuto nōmu?)

Salamander (火炎蜥蜴サラマンダー saramandā, lit. "Flame Lizard"?)

Greater Elemental (上位精霊 jōi seirei, lit. "Upper Ranked Elemental Spirit"?)

Elemental of Darkness (闇の精霊 yami no seirei?)

Elemental of Light (光の精霊 hikari no seirei?)

Ifrit (炎の巨人イフリート ifurīto, lit. "Flame Titan"?)

Sylphide (風の乙女シルフィード shirufīdo, lit. "Wind Maiden"?)

Undine (水の聖女ウンディーネ undīne, lit. "Water Saintess"?)

War Gnome (土の騎士ウォーノーム u~ō nōmu, lit. "Earth Knight"?)

Elemental Lord (精霊王エレメンタルロード erementaru rōdo?)

Great Holy Spirit (大聖霊 dai seirei?)

Fairies

Dark Goblin (邪鬼妖精ダークゴブリン dāku goburin, lit. "Evil Oni Fairy"?)

Dryad (樹妖精ドライアド doraiado, lit. "Tree Fairy"?)

Dryas (大霊樹ドリュアス doryuasu, lit. "Great Spirit Tree"?)

Enki (火精人エンキ enki, lit. "Fire Spirit People"?)

Flame Lord (炎の精魔霊王フレイムロード fureimu rōdo, lit. "Elemental Demonic Spirit Lord of Fire"?)

High Dwarf (地精人ハイドワーフ hai dowāfu, lit. "Earth Spirit People"?)

High Elf (風精人ハイエルフ hai erufu, lit. "Wind Spirit People"?)

Lorelei (岩妖精ローレライ rōrerai, it "Stone Fairy"?)

Oni (Mystic) (妖鬼オニ oni, lit. "Fairy Oni"?)

Oni (Wicked) (悪鬼オニ oni, lit. "Evil Oni"?)

Pixie (妖精族ピクシー pikushī, lit. "Fairy Tribe"?)

Siren (水精人セイレーン seirēn, lit. "Water Spirit People"?)

Miscellaneous

Demon Slime (魔粘性精神体デモンスライム demon suraimu, lit. "Demonic Viscous Spiritual Body"?)

Dragonoid (竜魔人ドラゴノイド doragonoido, lit. "Draconic-Demonic Person"?)

Elemental Dragon (精霊竜エレメンタルドラゴン erementaru doragon?)

Chaos Dragon (混沌竜カオスドラゴン kaosu doragon?)

Manas (神智核マナス manasu, lit. "Divine Wisdom Nucleus"?)

True Dragon (竜種 ryūshu, lit. "Dragon Species"?)

Ultimate Slime (竜魔粘性星神体アルティメットスライム arutimetto suraimu, lit. "Dragon Demon Viscous Star Divine Body"?)

Monsters

Majin

Demonoid (人魔族デモンノイド demon'noido, lit. "Human Monster Tribe"?)

Fallen (堕天族フォールン fōrun, lit. "Fallen Angel Tribe"?)

Giant (巨人族ジャイアント jaianto, lit. "Giant Tribe"?)

Cyclops (単眼の巨人サイクロプス saikuropusu, lit. "One-Eyed Giant"?)

Giant Ogre (巨大鬼人ジャイアントオーガ, jaianto ōga?)

Hecatoncheires (多腕の巨人ヘカトンケイレス hekatonkeiresu, lit. "Many-Armed Giant"?)

Divine Giant (巨神 kyoshin?)

True Giant (真なる巨人 shin'naru kyojin?)

Gozu (牛頭族ゴズ gozu, lit. "Cow Head Tribe"?)

Gyuuki (牛鬼族ギュウキ gyūki, lit. "Cow Demon Tribe"?)

Harpy (有翼族ハーピィ hāpyi, lit. "Winged Tribe"?)

Spirit Bird (霊鳥 reichō?)

Divine Bird (鳥神チョウジン chōjin?)

Mezu (馬頭族メズ mezu, lit. "Horse Head Tribe"?)

Baki (馬鬼族バキ baki, lit. "Horse Demon Tribe"?)

Servant (使い魔サーヴァント sāvu~anto, lit. "Familiar"?)

Treant (樹人族トレント torento, lit. "Tree People Tribe"?)

Vampire (吸血鬼族ヴァンパイア vanpaia, lit. "Blood Sucking Demon Tribe"?)

Overcomer (超克者 chōkoku-sha?)

Night Stalker (真夜中の吸血鬼ナイトストーカー naito sutōkā, lit. "Midnight Blood Sucking Demon"?)

High Blood (真血魔霊姫ハイ・ブラッド hai buraddo, lit. "True Blood Demonic Spirit Princess"?)

Magic Beasts

Armorsaurus (甲殻トカゲアーマーサウルス amāsaurusu, lit. "Shell-Lizard"?)

Barghest (バーゲスト bāgesuto?)

Battle Chimera (人造合成獣バトルキマイラ batoru kimaira, lit. "Artificial Synthetic Beast"?)

Black Spider (大きな蜘蛛ブラックスパイダー burakku supaidā, lit. "Big Spider"?)

Black Tiger (黒毛虎 kurogetora?)

Blade Tiger (孤刃虎ブレードタイガー burēdo taigā?)

Blood Boar (鮮血の猪ブラッドボア buraddo boa?)

Cowdeer (牛鹿 ushiroku?)

Evil Centipede (ムカデの化物エビルムカデ ebiru mukade, lit. "Centipede Monstrosity"?)

Giant Ant (巨大蟻ジャイアントアント jaianto anto?)

Giant Bat (吸血蝙蝠ジャイアントバット jaianto batto, lit. "Blood-Sucking Bat"?)

Giant Bear (巨大熊ジャイアントベア jaianto bea?)

Giant Honeybee (巨大蜜蜂ジャイアントハニービー jaianto hanī bī?)

Grave Lizard (岩噛蜥蜴グレイプリザード gureipu rizādo, lit. "Rock Eating Lizard"?)

Gryphon (飛翔魔獣グリフォン gurifon, lit. "Flying Monster"?)

Hell Moth (地獄蛾ヘルモス heru mosu?)

Horn Bear (一角熊ホーンベア hōn bea, lit. "One-Horned Bear"?)

Horn Rabbit (一角兎ホーンラビット hōn rabi~tsu, lit. "One-Horned Rabbit"?)

Hound Dog (狩猟犬ハウンドドッグ haundo doggu, lit. "Hunting Dog"?)

Hover Lizard (走行蜥蜴ホバーリザード hobā rizādo, lit. "Running Lizard"?)

King Crawler (キングクロウラ kingu kuroura?)

Knight Spider (槍脚鎧蜘蛛ナイトスパイダ naito supaidā, lit. "Spear Legged Armored Spider"?)

Lesser Bat (牙蝙蝠レッサーバット ressā batto, lit. "Fang Bat"?)

Megalodon (空泳巨大鮫メガロドン megarodon, lit. "Sky Swimming Giant Shark"?)

Ogre Bear (人食熊オーガベア ōga bea, lit. "Man Eating Bear"?)

One-Eyed Owl (一目梟 hitome fukurō?)

Pegasus (天馬ペガサス pegasasu, lit. "Winged Horse"?)

Poison Frog (大毒蛙ポイズンフラッグ poizun furaggu, lit. "Giant Poisonous Frog"?)

Poison Lizard (岩毒蜥蜴ポイズンリザード poizun rizādo, lit. "Rock Poison Lizard"?)

Sage Rooster (千羽鳥 senbatori?)

Spark Panther (雷豹スパークパンサー supāku pansā?)

Spear Toro (槍頭鎧魚スピアトロ supia toro?)

Tempest Serpent (嵐蛇テンペストサーペント tenpesuto sāpento, lit. "Storm Snake"?)

Thunder Tiger (白雷虎サンダータイガー sandā taigā?)

Unicorn (一角魔獣ユニコーン yunikōn, lit. "One-Horned Magical Beast"?)

Wind Fox (風狐かぜきつね kazekitsune?)

Wolf (狼 rō?) [abstraction]

Direwolf (牙狼族がろうぞく garō-zoku, lit. "Fang Wolf Tribe"?)

Black Direwolf (黒牙狼族 kokugarō-zoku, lit. "Black Fang Wolf Tribe"?)

Forest Wolf (森林魔狼フォレストウルフ foresto urufu, lit. "Forest Demonic Wolf"?)

Tempest Wolf (嵐牙狼族テンペストウルフ tenpesuto urufu, lit. "Storm Fang Wolf Tribe"?)

Star Wolf (星狼族スターウルフ sutā urufu, lit. "Star Wolf Tribe"?)

Tempest Star Wolf (黒嵐星狼テンペストスターウルフ tenpesuto sutā urufu, lit. "Black Storm Star Wolf"?)

Spirit Wolf (霊狼 reirō?)

Divine Wolf (神狼 shinrō?)

Dragons

Lesser Dragon (下位龍族レッサードラゴン ressā doragon?)

Basilisk (バジリスク bajirisuku?)

Dragon Zombie (腐肉竜ドラゴンゾンビ doragon zonbi?)

Wyvern (飛空龍ワイバーン waibān?)

Arch Dragon (上位龍族アークドラゴン āku doragon?)

Element Dragon (属性竜 zokusei ryū?)

Earth Dragon (地砕竜アースドラゴン asu doragon?)

Fire Dragon (火炎竜ファイアドラゴン faia doragon?)

Ice Dragon (氷雪竜アイスドラゴン aisu doragon?)

Wind Dragon (烈風竜ウインドドラゴン uindo doragon?)

Subspecies Dragon (亜種竜 ashu ryū?)

Death Dragon (死霊竜デスドラゴン desu doragon?)

Ground Dwelling Dragon (地眠竜 jimin ryū?)

Sky Dragon (天空竜スカイドラゴン sukai doragon?)

Water Dragon (水撃竜ウォータードラゴン u~ōtā doragon?)

Dragon Lord (竜王ドラゴンロー doragon rōdoド?)

Earth Dragon Lord (地砕竜王アースドラゴンロード asu doragon rōdo?)

Fire Dragon Lord (火炎竜王ファイアドラゴンロード faia doragon rōdo?)

Gehenna Dragon (冥霊竜王ゲヘナ・ドラゴン gehena doragon, lit. "Underworld Spirit Dragon Lord"?)

Ice Dragon Lord (氷雪竜王アイスドラゴンロード aisu doragon rōdo?)

Wind Dragon Lord (烈風竜王ウインドドラゴンロード uindo doragon rōdo?)

Spirit Dragon (霊龍 reiryū?)

Divine Dragon (龍神 ryūjin?)

True Dragon (竜種 ryūshu, lit. "Dragon Species"?)

Ultimate Slime (竜魔粘性星神体アルティメットスライム arutimetto suraimu, lit. "Dragon Demon Viscous Star Divine Body"?)

Elemental Dragon (精霊竜エレメンタルドラゴン erementaru doragon?)

Chaos Dragon (混沌竜カオスドラゴ kaosu doragonン?)

Dragonoid (竜魔人ドラゴノイド doragonoido, lit. "Draconic-Demonic Person"?)

Undead

Death Spirit (死霊 shirei?)

Death Dragon (死霊竜デス・ドラゴン desu doragon?)

Death Horse (死霊馬デスホース desu hōsu?)

Death Knight (死霊騎士デスナイト desu naito?)

Death Giant (巨大死霊騎士デスジャイアント desu jaianto?)

Death Lord (死霊騎士長デス・ロード desu rōdo?)

Death Paladin (死霊聖騎士デス・パラディン desu paradin?)

Spirit Man (霊人 reijin?)

Death Wolf (死霊狼デスウルフ desu urufu?)

Wight (死霊ワイト waito?)

Wight King (死霊の王ワイトキング waito kingu?)

Spirit Skeleton (霊骨 reikotsu?)

Death Golem (死体人形デスゴーレム desu gōremu?)

Deathman (妖死族デスマン desuman, lit. "Mystic Dead Tribe"?)

Gehenna Dragon (冥霊竜王ゲヘナ・ドラゴン gehena doragon, lit. "Underworld Spirit Dragon Lord"?)

Ghost (幽霊ゴースト gōsuto?)

Skeleton (骸骨 gaikotsu?)

Bone Archer (骸骨弓士ボーンアーチャー bōn āchā?)

Bone Knight (骸骨騎士ボーンナイト bōn naito?)

Bone Soldier (骸骨兵士ボーンソルジャー bōn sorujā?)

Skeleton (Swordsman) (骸骨剣士スケルトン sukeruton?)

Skeleton Archer (骸骨弓士兵スケルトンアーチャー sukeruton āchā?)

Zombie (腐肉者ゾンビ zonbi?)

Dragon Zombie (腐肉竜ドラゴンゾンビ doragon zonbi?)

Zombie Soldier (腐肉兵士ゾンビソルジャー zonbi sorujā, lit. "Rotting Soldier"?)

Aggressors

Cryptid (幻獣族クリプテッド kuriputeddo, lit. "Mythical Beast Tribe"?)

Ninehead (九頭獣ナインヘッド nainheddo?)

Tailed Beast (尾獣 bijū?)

Ninetail (天星九尾ナインテイル nainteiru?)

Spirit Beast (霊獣 reijū?)

Divine Fox (神狐ジンコ jinko?)

Insectoid (蟲魔族インセクター insekutā, lit. "Insect-Monster Tribe"?)

Insect (蟲型魔獣インセクト insekuto, lit. "Insect-Type Magic Beast"?)

Army Wasp (軍団蜂アーミーワスプ āmī wasupu?)

Queen Wasp (女王麗蜂クイーンワスプ kuīn wasupu?)

Insectar (蟲型魔人インセクター insekutā, lit. "Insect-Type Majin"?)

Spirit Insect (霊蟲 reichū?)

Spirit Wasp (霊蜂 reihachi?)

Star Wasp (天星麗蜂スターワスプ sutā wasupu?)

Divine Insect (蟲神コガミ kogami?)

Spectre (妖魔 yōma, lit. "Mystic Demon"?)

Phantom (妖魔族ファントム fantomu?)

Mystic Angel (妖天 yōten?)

Shadow (影魔シャドー shadō, lit. "Shadow Monster"?)

Slime (粘性体スライム suraimu, lit. "Viscous Body"?)

Demon Slime (魔粘性精神体デモンスライム demon suraimu, lit. "Demonic Viscous Spiritual Body"?)

Golems

Golem (魔力人形ゴーレム gōremu?)

Bone Golem (人型骨魔人形ボーンゴーレム bōn gōremu, lit. "Humanoid Bone Demonic Doll"?)

Death Golem (死体人形デスゴーレム desu gōremu?)

Iron Golem (アイアンゴーレム aian gōremu?)

Doll (人形ドール dōru?)

Dryas Doll Dryad (霊樹人形妖精ドリュアス・ドール・ドライアド doryuasu dōru doraiado, lit. "Spirit Tree Doll Fairy"?)

Arch Doll (魔将人形アークドール āku dōru, lit. "Demonic General Doll"?)

Chaos Doll (聖魔人形カオスドール kaosu dōru, lit. "Holy-Demonic Doll"?)

Chaos Metalloid (聖魔金属生命体カオスメタロイド kaosu metaroido, lit. "Holy-Demonic Metal Lifeform"?)

Living Armor (動く鎧リビングアーマー ribingu āmā, lit. "Moving Armor"?)

Heavy Living Armor (動く重鎧ヘヴィリビングアーマー hevu~i ribingu āmā, lit. "Heavy Moving Armor"?)

Elemental Colossus (聖霊の守護巨像エレメンタルコロッサス erementaru korossasu, lit. "Sentinel Colossus of the Holy Spirit"?)

Demon Colossus (魔王の守護巨像デモンコロッサス demon korossasu, lit. "Sentinel Colossus of the Demon Lord"?)

HERO

Hero (勇者 yūsha, lit. "Brave One"?) refers to the counter-part of Demon Lords, an existence that only those who have the blessing of an Elemental of either Light or Darkness can obtain.[1]

As is the case with Demon Lords, Heroes can be divided into those who are known as Hero in "Name" only or those who are Heroes as a "Class" as well as those who are neither or both.

Hero as a Class

Hero's Egg

Hero's Egg (勇者の卵 yūsha no tamago?) refers to those who obtain the blessing of an Elemental of Light or Darkness as well as the Elemental Queen. The Hero's Egg is the equivalent of the Demon Lord Seed.

True Hero

True Heroes (真なる勇者 shin'naru yūsha?) or The One who Hatched the Hero's Egg (勇者の卵が孵った者 yūsha no tamago ga kaetta mono?), are those who hatched a Hero's Egg by merging with their Elemental and became an Awakened Hero. It is one of the ultimate forms of existence that Humans and Demi-Humans can attain.

Awakened/True Hero is the equivalent of an Awakened/True Demon Lord. As a Spiritual Lifeform they can achieve Divinity that will free them from their mortality completely.

Ex-Hero

Ex-Heroes (元勇者 moto yūsha?) are individuals who lost their classification as a Hero. Heroes can lose their title when their elemental leaves them, which will happen if it deems them unworthy of still being a hero, or the elemental is removed by external factors. Ex-Heroes will lose the strength given to them by their elemental, however most are still very powerful. Ex-Heroes can restore their title if they regain their blessing.

Hero in Name

Anyone can proclaim themselves a Hero, or be recognized by the masses as a Hero. In either case this "puts fate into motion" and causes this Hero in name only to eventually have some sort of predestined connection with a Demon Lord that is unavoidable, though it does not necessarily have to be a hostile relationship.

DEMON LORD

Demon Lord (魔王 maō, lit. "Demonic Monarch, Evil Monarch, Magical Monarch"?) is a term used in two different fashions, either as a Monster class or as a social position. In general, it refers to the strongest or highest-ranking among Monsters, however, that is not an absolute rule.

Demon Lord Seed

Demon Lord Seed (魔王種 maō shu, lit. "Demon King Species"?) refers to individuals who have met the necessary qualifications to be able to undergo the Harvest Festival and become Demon Lords. In terms of pure Magicules alone, they are at least Special A, with an EP of at least 200,000 being required as one of the qualifications.

True Demon Lord

True Demon Lord (真なる魔王 shin naru maō?) – sometimes reffered to as Awakened Demon Lord (覚醒魔王 kakusei maō?) – is a term created to distinguish those who call themselves a Demon Lord and those who have undergone the Harvest Festival and become actual Demon Lords.

Harvest Festival

The Harvest Festival (魔王ヘの進化ハーベストフェスティバル hābesuto fesutibaru, lit. "Evolution of the Demon King"?) occurs once all the requirements to become a Demon Lord are met by a Demon Lord Seed. The World Language will confirm the user's intent to become a Demon Lord and the "Initiation" will start.

Known True Demon Lords

Those who are known to be True Demon Lords by the time of Rumbling of Heaven and Earth.

Demon Lord as Social Position

Self-Proclaimed Demon Lord

Self-proclaimed Demon Lord (自称の魔王 jishō no maō?) refers to any individual that proclaims themselves as such. There are no restrictions to this and even non-monsters can claim to be Demon Lords. However, this usually has grave consequences depending on the individual's strength.

If the Lord in question is only at the level of a high-level Majin or even only at Hazard-class, one of the officially recognized Demon Lords will quickly destroy them by either sending their own subordinates to deal with it or attacking themselves, swiftly eliminating the self-proclaimed Demon Lord. Alternatively, the Lord might even die to armies or adventurers sent from the humans before the Demon Lords act.

However, if the individual in question is truly at Demon Lord-level (Seed or True Demon Lord), then they might be able to fend off or even kill the attacker. If that occurs, rather than being enraged at the newcomer, the other Demon Lords will instead usually view this as a display of strength and invite the newcomer to take the place of the attacker as an official Demon Lord.

There are no concrete examples of self-proclaimed Demon Lords that have been killed. However, two known Demon Lords became recognized through killing their attackers - Leon Cromwell, who killed The Curse Lord 200 years before Rimuru reincarnated, and Rimuru Tempest, who killed Clayman at the Walpurgis Banquet. In both cases, the Demon Lord Council recognized their strength, allowing them to use the title of Demon Lord and join the Council.

Regardless of the result, nobody remains a self-proclaimed Demon Lord for long.

Recognized Demon Lord

Recognized Demon Lord (認められの魔王 mitomerare no maō?) refers to self-proclaimed Demon Lords who have been officially recognized by the established Demon Lords. This can be achieved in two different ways:

Getting nominated by other Demon Lords to join their ranks and receiving majority approval.

Self-proclaiming to be a Demon Lord and then proving one's strength by defeating a recognized Lord.

Once a Demon Lord is recognized, that Lord also becomes a member of the Demon Lord Council and can vote on issues brought up by the council.

Demon Lord Council

Founded by Guy Crimson, the Demon Lord council is an organization containing all the recognized Demon Lords. The number of members and the name of the council has changed multiple times throughout the council's history, but at some point the maximum number of members was capped at ten and the name "Ten Great Demon Lords" was established. However, the organization was again restructured during a Walpurgis Banquet, and the resulting organization was labeled as Nonagram by the "newbie" Rimuru Tempest due to only having Nine members.

The only condition required to join the council is to become a recognized Demon Lord. Anyone who joins is automatically considered at least Disaster-class by humanity just for being a recognized member of the Demon Lord council, regardless of actual power. However, it's nigh impossible for anyone other than Ramiris to join the council without being at least at Demon Lord-level of power. After the restructuring, the Octagram has even higher standards since every member is already at least at the level of a True Demon Lord in power.

Ancient Demon Lord

Among the Demon Lords that are part of the Demon Lord Council exist "generations" of Demon Lords, with the ones that were its very first members having the title Ancient Demon Lord (最古の魔王 saiko no maō?).

Ex-Demon Lord

Ex-Demon Lords (元魔王 moto maō?) are individuals who are no longer considered part of the Demon Lord Council.

HARVEST FESTIVAL

The Harvest Festival (魔王ヘの進化ハーベストフェスティバル hābesuto fesutibaru, lit. "Demon Lord Evolution"?) is a phenomenon that occurs once all the requirements to become a True Demon Lord (真なる魔王 shin naru maō?) have been met.

Harvest Festival Requirements

In order to meet the base requirements to undergo a Harvest Festival and become a Demon Lord, an individual has to fulfill certain conditions, at which point they're referred to as a Demon Lord Seed (魔王種 maō shu?). Once the individual obtains the qualifications to become a Demon Lord, they're required to Germinate the Seed (必要な条件タネのハツガ tane no hatsuga?) using a large amount of Souls.

It is usually said that 10,000 Human Souls are necessary for this process, but in fact, the soul of any creature capable of passing a mirror self-recognition test is sufficient.[1] Similarly, the 10,000 number is only an average, with the actual quantity of soul energy being what matters, not the number of individual souls.

Effects

Once an individual with the qualifications to become a Demon Lord germinates the seed with an appropriate amount of Nutrients (人間の魂ヨウブン yōbun, lit. "Human Souls"?), the World Language will confirm their intent to become a Demon Lord, after which, the start of the Harvest Festival will be announced to those in their surroundings and the Initiation (通過儀礼イニシエーション inishiēshon, lit. "Rite of Passage"?) will begin.

The Initiation is a process in which the Demon Lord Candidate is tested by the world itself to determine if they're worthy of being a Demon Lord. The individual's consciousness will grind to screeching halt as they're put into a special "sleep" that is impossible to resist and lasts for three days. This "sleep" is different from the usual Evolutionary Slumber and the Low-Activity Mode used by Spiritual Lifeforms. During the duration of the "sleep", the individual will be left completely helpless, with even their defensive skills granting them no benefit. If one is not careful, one could be assassinated by an enemy or disloyal ally while undergoing the initiation, making undertaking it a massive risk.

During the duration of the Initiation, the individual will start the main course of the Harvest Festival in full. Their body will be reconstructed into a stronger state, usually resulting in the individual's Super Evolution (超進化 chō shinka?) into their desired form and acquiring powerful Intrinsic Skills along with it. The individual's mind will also be stimulated, making the individual a Spiritual Lifeform in mind if they weren't so already. This can potentially result in minor personality changes, although the odds of that are slim.

The power granted to an individual upon becoming a Demon Lord is immense, so much so that it isn't uncommon for True Demon Lords to possess Divinity, making those that do super-high level existences with increased odds of awakening an Ultimate Skill in their near-future. It is also possible for the individual's Equipment to increase in quality by leaps and bounds, potentially raising it to God-Grade or near God-Grade.

Gifts

Upon the completion of an individual's Harvest Festival, Gifts (祝福ギフト gifuto, lit. "Wishes"?) will be granted to everyone in that individuals Soul Genealogy, most notably those that they've named. The Harvest Festival's "Gifts" can come in many forms. Some gain Skills that they desire, potentially even awakening Unique Skills, while others attain evolutions that would otherwise be impossible, such as a Hobgoblin becoming an Ogre. Whatever the result, it is almost certain that their "wish" will come true.

Artificial Harvest Festival

During the events of The Imperial Invasion, Raphael devises of a method of artificially awakening individuals who would normally possess the qualifications to become Demon Lords–but are unable to become one due to being subordinate to someone else–with a ritual that mimics the effects of the Harvest Festival. The process requires ten times the normal amount of soul energy, using Beelzebuth to break it down into pure energy and then giving it to the individual in question. As a result, a Harvest Festival-like phenomenon is created, with the target individual undergoing an Awakening Evolution, making them an existence equivalent to Demon Lords.

This artificial evolution is complete with Gifts, although the range of people that can receive them seems to be more limited than the genuine Harvest Festival's. Meanwhile, it also comes with a few other advantages, such as the "Initiation" being replaced with regular Evolutionary Sleep, which can be resisted with relative ease.

EP

Existence Value (存在値 sonzai-chi?) also known as Energy (存在力エネルギー enerugī, lit. "Existential Force"?) is the energy (Magicules, Magic Power, Aura, etc) contained within the body and soul of an individual or object.

Existence Points

An objective and numerical measurement of Existence Value called Existence Point (EXISTENCE・POINTイグジステンス・ポイント igujisutensu pointo?)—shortened to EP (EP?)—was created by Tempest utilizing the precise analytical powers of Ramiris's Small World, acting as the basis for their internal Rank system. It's an improved and more precise version of the rudimentary measurements utilized by the Eastern Empire.

SKILL

Skill (能力スキル sukiru, lit. "Ability"?) is an ability that, on rare occasions, can be acquired in recognition of some form of personal growth. Its acquisition happens by having it inscribed onto the Soul or Body by the Voice of the World or by other skills.

They are like formulas that, once etched onto the individual, can be instinctively used without any practice, though their efficiency and effective use require varying amounts of practice and hard work, depending on talent and compatibility with the user.

Acquisition

An individual can gain Skills by using these five methods:

By Birth or Evolution: Certain Races are born with Intrinsic Skills.

By Proficiency: By achieving certain feats or by successfully using a skill without having it yet, the corresponding skill can be acquired directly by the individual in question.

By Stealing from Others: Accessing the Body of an enemy breaking the Spiritual and Astral bodies of target like Razen does, or using skill-theft specific skills like Gluttony, Usurper or Mammon, allows one to acquire the target's skills.

By Voluntarily Granting Duplicates of Skills: Through naming or via certain skills like Gluttony or Beelzebuth, it's possible to share one's skills with others.

By Combining and Evolving Skills: By using certain skills like Degenerate that can fuse skills, or by taking advantage of the Harvest Festival, it's possible to evolve skills into stronger ones.

Obtaining new skills has the downside of permanently lowering one's Magicule capacity each time a new Skill is acquired. The capacity of skills is based on the strength of the soul and body.

Individuals with a high Magicule capacity can gain skills more easily, while named individuals with stronger and more complete souls have a higher skill capacity.

Types

Intrinsic Skills

Intrinsic Skill (固有スキル koyū sukiru, lit. "Inherent Skill"?) refers to the innate Skills that certain Monster and Demi-Human races possess. They are generally the same for the whole race, but Unique Monsters can be exceptions, and higher evolution stages likewise usually grant more skills. Skills that are inherent to a certain Race's or individual's physiology. They usually take the form of Common Skills, Extra Skills, and Resist Skills but in rare instances Unique Skills or even the equivalent of Ultimate Skills are possible.

Common Skills

Common Skill (コモンスキル komon sukiru?) refers to the most common of skills, which are usually easy to acquire.

Extra Skills

Extra Skill (エクストラスキル ekusutora sukiru?) refers to skills with power and efficiency magnitudes higher than those of Common Skills.

Unique Skills

Unique Skills (ユニークスキル yunīku sukiru?) are Skills that, as the name suggests, are Unique and only exist one at a time. They are the next stage of Skills after Extra Skills. Unique Skills are described to be the "shape of the mind".

Characteristics

Unique Skills usually are composed of multiple Sub-Skills which might be Common Skills or Extra Skills, or have a sub-Skill that is unique to that specific Unique Skill.

There are conditions that need to be met to obtain Unique Skills. One of the conditions is that the bearer must have desires. Someone who has no desires or strong feelings can't obtain a Unique Skill, as Unique Skills are the shape of the mind. Even if someone successfully steals a Unique Skill from someone else, if its nature doesn't fit the new user, the potency of the Skill will be greatly lowered. Another condition is that the user needs to have a certain amount of Magicules available, as obtaining a Unique Skill causes one to permanently lose Magicules.

It's for that reason, various Human nations are summoning Otherworlders, as Otherworlders, when crossing over between worlds, go through a fundamental change due to going from a physical world to a mixed physical and spiritual world, and in the process often gain a Magicule-compatible body that is more likely to obtain Skills than Inhabitant Humans. Summoned Otherworlders in particular have a higher chance to obtain a Unique Skill when summoned - which is also the reason why the nations usually put a slavery curse on their Summons, as they might otherwise kill their summoners in retaliation and escape due to their unpredictable Unique Skills.

Among Unique Skills, there are those that exist on a different plane in terms of effectiveness, some of them being the Sin skills or skills associated with Angels. Infinity Prison, Absolute End, and Chosen One are other examples. The effect they exert reaches the level of Ultimate Skills.

Ultimate Skills

Characteristics

Ultimate skills, as the name implies, grants its wielder the ultimate power to control the very laws of nature. The only way to counter an ultimate skill is with another ultimate skill. That is the absolute, unbendable rule of the world.

If unique skills are born from one's individuality, ultimate skills are born when unique skills are brought past their limit. That is why no ultimate skill is identical.

As the story progresses, it is revealed that through certain methods, ultimate abilities can be imparted to those who have not naturally awakened them. The only requirement, like natural ultimate skills, is that the recipient must be a Spiritual Lifeform to qualify for it.

Angelic System

Angelic System (天使系 tenshi-kei?) are a line of ultimate skills directly created by Veldanava, each bearing the name of angels. Among them, the most powerful are the Virtues (美徳系 bitoku-kei?), seven skills born from isolating Veldanava's divine authority over creation. After the world stabilized, he kept Michael for himself, divvying a few to those he considered worthy, and released the rest into the wheel of reincarnation to choose their own masters. As they were too powerful, they were occasionally restricted to the unique skill level.

All the ultimate skills of the angelic system are linked to Michael with narrow corridors directly built into them during their conception, making their holders subject to the absolute control of Michael.

Demonic System

Demonic System (悪魔系 akuma-kei?) are ultimate skills born as counterparts to the angelic system. Among them the most powerful are the Deadly Sins (大罪系 taizai-kei?), seven skills corresponding to a person's fundamental desires. Though born as imitations of the angelic system, demonic skills boast the same potency as their angelic counterpart. Demonic skills, like their Angelic counterparts, also tend to choose their masters, occasionally sprouting within them as degraded unique skills.

Resist Skills

Resist Skill (レジスト系スキル rejisuto-kei sukiru?) refers to a type of skill that is generally passive and enables the user to withstand certain phenomena, both magical and physical. Among this type of skill are Resistance (耐性 taisei?) and Nullification (無効 muko?) the former granting a high tolerance while the latter outright negates certain phenomena.

Resistance-type skills can be imbued into Barriers and Magic Equipment to amplify the Resistance-type skills effects even further.

Medical Skills

Medical Skills (特殊投与能力メディカルスキル medikaru sukiru?) are biotechnologically manufactured Skills.

Otherworlder

Otherworlder (異世界人 isekaijin, lit. "Other World People"?) is a term that refers to humans that come to the Central World from other worlds.

Summoned

Summoned (召喚者 shōkansha?) are the most common type of otherworlder, brought over through summoning rituals. In the process of crossing worlds, the summoned is exposed to a large concentration of magicules dense enough to kill any normal human. Only those that bear a strong soul and mind can endure the strain of the journey.

From the massive energy taken in by the summoned, Unique Skills and other special abilities are born as a response to their desires. With these mouth-watering powers, and a strong body that no human can achieve without undergoing grueling training, otherworlders became highly sought after by human nations to serve as a weapon against monsters, and are also employed as bodyguards for nobles and royalty. For this reason, a locking curse is placed on the soul of the summoned to prevent them from fleeing.

There are very few nations capable of summoning otherworlders due to the sheer costs and level of preparation involved. Even meeting the ideal conditions for a proper summoning, the chances of successfully calling an otherworlder is less than 1%. There's also an inconvenient cooldown in place that prevented the ritual from being performed continuously in quick succession. Due to knowledge circulated by Leon Cromwell, however, a less strict and simplified variant of the summoning ritual was eventually born. While the success rate remained low, it could be used continuously with a reduced cooldown period, but the consequences were that it often resulted in the summoning of children. These children usually had no skills and were left with only their vast magical energy, which, having failed to be converted to skills, would eventually destroy their bodies within five years. Upon Rimuru Tempest becoming a Demon Lord, the ban on the practice of summoning otherworlders was re-enforced, bringing the already illegal practice to a halt even behind closed doors.

Stray

Strays (来訪者 raihō-sha, lit. "Visitor"?) are otherworlders that arrive by sheer accident. There is no clear cause or pattern known for why this happens, but in general, it's considered a one-way street and the phenomenon is not known to happen in reverse.

Strays are drawn to the central world through dimensional cracks that spontaneously open in other worlds, drawing in any unfortunate passerbys. They don't get called to fixed locations like summoned and can appear virtually anywhere, including dangerous environments depending on their luck. If they manage to survive whatever dangerous predicament they may face, they can live however they please without worrying about being enslaved.

Since there is no strict standard for who can cross over, strays tend to be on the weaker side compared to other types of otherworlders. Kaoru Yoshida, who is a stray, is virtually no different from the average human. On the other hand there is Hinata Sakaguchi, who obtained two unique skills upon her arrival. As shown with these examples, the strength of strays is very random and can be all over the place, with most not guaranteed to ever obtain unique skills.

Reincarnated

Reincarnator (転生者 tenseisha?) or Transmigrant, refers to individuals that arrive with no body and just their mind, being reborn as an inhabitant of the central world. Reincarnation tends to happen randomly. Although there are those among the reincarnated who still remember their past life, to have reincarnated from a different world is exceedingly rare. Moreover, one would normally be reincarnated as a human. For someone to be reincarnated as a monster, and from magical energy itself, was something that remained unheard of. The only known example of this is Rimuru Tempest.

Magic (魔法 mahō?) is the embodiment of an "idea" that produces some effect in accordance with a specified law. As an example, a magic releases images that "take away heat" or "burn things", in the form of energy, and as an ancillary effect, physical phenomena such as ice and fireballs are generated. Since the physical phenomena are not the main focus and the main subject is the embodied image, the effect is extended to Spiritual Lifeforms

The eight elements are in a conflicting relationship of earth > space > wind > water > fire > earth, with light and darkness opposing each other in equal measure and time as the strongest element that is effective against all other elements.

Spell

The casting of spells requires Mages to use incantations and/or hand signs to focus an image and magic power to conjure Magic. Magic incantations and hand signs are mere focusing tools used to give the caster a solid image of the spell; as a result, those capable of clearly visualizing the spell's desired result can cast it without incantation or hand sign.

More powerful spells will require greater concentration and longer incantations to perform, with some even needing years to complete due to their complexity.

Four Main Magic Types

Elemental Magic

Elemental Magic (元素魔法 genso mahō?) or Aspectual Magic is magic cast directly using magicules. It operates by controlling the surrounding magicules or the user's own reserves to bend the laws of nature, using the caster's magic power and imagery as a medium.

The created phenomena is unaffected by other physical factors - for example, magical flame conjured using elemental magic cannot be extinguished by ordinary water. However, it can be disrupted or disabled by spells and properties affecting magicules, like "Magic Jamming" or "Holy Field".

Examples of Elemental Magic:

Ice Magic

Icicle Lance

Icicle Shot

Fire Magic

Fireball

Napalm Burst

Wind Magic

Wind Cutter

Tornado Blade

Spatial Magic

Spatial Storage

Warp Portal

Spirit Magic

Spirit Magic (精霊魔法 seirei mahō?) has a lot of offensive spells that are similar to Elemental Magic. It borrows the power of spirits (Most commonly Elementals) by using a small amount of the users energy as a catalyst, the spirits powers can be exercised. Spirit Magic that utilizes the power of elementals — beings whose existence are based on natural phenomena, obey the laws of physics and can be cast even when an anti-magic field is active.

Spirit Magic requires no chants and anyone can use it as long as they are connected with their contracted spirits. However, it is necessary to be liked by spirits in order to be recognized and form a contract. Higher level users can even summon their contracted spirits and utilize their power directly, by ordering them to attack or fusing with the summoner.

Examples of Spirit Magic:

Aerial Blade

Thorn bind

Inferno Flame

Holy Magic

Holy Magic (神聖魔法 shinsei mahō?): Holy magic is, in essence, magic that manipulates Holy Energy and purifies magicules via the power of the "Faith" of the user and sometimes "Miracles". It can be considered a type of spirit magic that requires making a pact with a spirit that is their "God".

Holy Magic can be applied to a wide variety of effects including dispelling curses, curing illness, and healing wounds. Although its number of offensive spells is low, they're highly effective against almost all monsters especially undeads.

Further beyond this, if ones faith is high enough, one can tap into the "God's Miracles" which allows for the utilization of Spiritrons, the basic building block of all magical energy, to perform advanced and powerful magics, such as Disintegration or Resurrection.

Examples of Holy Magic:

Basic Class

Recovery

Healing

Holy Cannon

Holy Bell

Holy Field

Miracle Class

Disintegration

Holy Ray

Resurrection

Summoning Magic

Summoning Magic (召喚魔法 shōkan mahō?) is a branch of magic that involves summoning a living being from another plane of reality and requires mastery of spatial type magic to perform. The most commonly used Summoning Magic is that of summoning Daemons, Elementals, and Monsters.

Other Magic Types

Engraving Magic

Engraving Magic (刻印魔法 kokuin mahō?): Magic that allows the user to "enchant" people or objects with spells which allows them to use magic without having related knowledge or skills. It can also be used to design fully autonomous magical devices that are self-sustaining, like the automatic barrier generator installed along the pathway connecting Tempest and the Kingdom of Blumund.

Illusion Magic

Illusion Magic (幻覚魔法 genkaku mahō?) is a type of magic that draws from both Elemental Magic and Spirit Magic and functions by manipulating the spiritual body of a target or the user themself to achieve a wide-variety of effects. It's effects can range from simple effects that target the senses to more complex offensive magic that directly damage the spiritual body.

Necromancy

Necromancy (死霊魔法 shiryō mahō?) is a type of Spirit Magic that utilizes the negative emotions of evil spirits and the dead. Zombies and other apparitions can be summoned to attack any living being and sap their life energy. These creatures are very weak to holy magic.

Examples of Necromancy:

Curse Bind

Raise Undead

Birthday

Immortal Legion Creation

Physics Magic

Physics Magic (物理魔法 butsuri mahō?) refers to a newly created Magic by Rimuru that has a purely physical output. The output does not interfere with or is maintained by Magicules and is therefore able to bypass any kind of anti-magic defenses.

Examples of Physics Magic

Megiddo

Argos

Solar Burst

Art

Arts (技術アーツ ātsu, lit. "Technique"?) are techniques performed entirely through the users own capabilities such as Martial Arts and Magic, rather than through the completely automatic process of Skills.

Known Art Families

Battlewill

Battlewill (気闘法 kitōhō, lit. "Aura Fighting Method"?) is a family of arts that makes use of the fighting spirit present in all living things to perform powerful physical attacks and effects that resemble magic. Unlike magic, these techniques do not require any sort of chant and usually have little to no casting time. Examples of Battlewill include, but are not limited to, body and weapon strengthening, presence concealment, creating aura constructs, blocking an opponent's regenerative capabilities, and flight.

Drago Fist

The Drago Fist (竜魔拳 ryūma-ken?) is a school of arts created and propagated by Milim Nava. It combines hand-to-hand martial arts with fundamental Battlewill principles to create a unique style that is equal parts straightforward and profound.

Dragon Fist

The Dragon Fist (龍拳 ryū-ken?) is a school of arts created by Velgrynd and Longfang. It combines hand-to-hand martial arts and Battlewill with a different principle to the Drago Fist, although the two do share many similarities. The ultimate secret of the Dragon Fist is the ability to pass on the memories and power from one generation to the next, always ensuring that the next generation is stronger than the last.

Hazy Style

The Hazy Style (朧流 obororyū?) is a family of sword-centric martial arts intermingled with aura centric techniques. It was created by Byakuya Araki and passed down to his grandson Hakurou. This is the sword style used by most of the main characters in the series including Rimuru Tempest and Benimaru.

Magic

The phenomena known as Magic (魔法 mahō, lit. "Magic Method"?) can be in the form of a Skill or an Art. The process of chanting, gathering energy, and constructing a magic circle is an 'Art'. Magic performed as an art will always have a weaker sway over the world's laws than magic performed by a skill.

Mystic-Arts

Magic Aura Animated

Mystic-Arts (妖術 yōjutsu?) are an advanced form of Arts that involve adding magical properties to one's own aura, essentially fusing Battlewill and Magic to create a technique that surpasses the potential of either individually. Attacks with Mystic Arts encompass both physical and magical phenomenon, allowing it to be effective on virtually any being given enough power. Basic uses of Mystic Arts include coating a sword with magic-infused Aura and hurling Aura with magical effects at someone (similar to Elemental Magic).

Phantasmal Style

The Phantasmal Style (幻影流 gen'eiryū?) is a family of Arts created and used by Dino. Dino puts the illusory powers of Sloth-later Belphegor-into his sword to interfere with the senses and spirit of an opponent mid-battle.

Veldora-Style Killing Arts

The Veldora-Style Killing Arts (ヴェルドラ流闘殺法 verudora-ryūtōsappō?) are a family of arts created by Veldora Tempest while inside Rimuru 's stomach. They were created by Veldora sorting through fictional techniques found within manga and recreating the ones he found useful.

Veldora's Kamehameha

Veldora's Hadouken

EQUIPMENT

Equipment refers to various weapons, armors, and accessories equipped by characters throughout the story. In a world where the threats of war and monster attacks are ever-present, good equipment are crucial for survival. They can provide significant advantage in combat by raising the user's power level or granting special properties like Magic Resistance, or even allow the user to destroy opponent's weapon if it is of inferior quality.

Equipment Types

Magic Weapon

Magic Weapons (魔法武器マジックウェポン majikku u~epon?) are weapons enchanted with Elemental Magic.

Holy Weapon

Holy Weapons (聖属武器ホーリーウェポン hōrī u~epon?) are weapons enchanted with Holy Magic.

Equipment Grading

Various equipment of different quality had appeared throughout the story and their quality differs greatly. All equipment appeared so far are classified into 1 of the 6 grades below, but equipment quality within the same grade can also differ by a lot.

Normal Grade

Normal (一般級ノーマル nōmaru?) grade equipment is typical weaponry forged by normal blacksmiths and widely available to the general public. These are the most commonly seen equipment in the market.

Special Grade

Special (特上級スペシャル supesharu?) grade equipment is usually enchanted with some type of magic. They are considerably more expensive than Normal grade equipment (could cost 50 times as much according to LN Volume 10). Widely used among adventurers.

Rare Grade

Rare (希少級レア rea?) grade equipment is powerful enough to raise the level of adventurers. According to LN Volume 9, it's difficult even for A rank adventurers to have a whole set of Rare grade equipment. Most equipment created by Garm in the beginning of series are of this level. Examples include:

Ogre series equipment obtainable from treasure chest, after defeating the level 30 floor boss in The Dungeon.

Sword found by Basson in The Dungeon.

Unique Grade

Unique (特質級ユニーク yunīku?) grade equipment is usually displayed as the advertising masterpiece in shop or passed down as family heirloom among nobles. They are the best equipment available on the market, albeit extremely hard to find. Examples include:

Dragon Slayer, a greatsword given to Youm by Rimuru Tempest.

Exo-Armor, an armor given to Youm by Rimuru Tempest.

Equipment owned by Pegasus Riders.

Crimson Lotus, a katana owned by Benimaru. (Before Upgrade)

Hercules Edge, an ōdachi owned by Shion. (Before Upgrade)

Vortex Spear, a trident owned by Gabiru and the Lizardman tribe's heirloom. (Before Upgrade)

Elemental Mail, armor owned by members of the Ten Great Saints.

Minotaur series equipment obtainable from treasure chest, after defeating level 50 floor boss in The Dungeon.

Cursed Sword and Cursed Armor used by Albert.

Ice Blade used by Yamza.

Legend Grade

Legend (伝説級レジェンド rejendo?) grade equipment is the result of unique grade equipment that contains Magisteel getting exposed to highly concentrated Magicules for many years and evolving into a new metal. Equipment of this grade is so powerful that "owning one is akin to bringing a machinegun into a swordfight". As their name implies, these are legendary works that are often sealed away from public view. Kurobe is the only known blacksmith that could craft weapons of this grade late in the story. Examples include:

White Tiger-Blue Dragon, a Halberd owned by Carrion.

Moonlight, a rapier used by Hinata Sakaguchi.

Holy Mail, an armor used by Hinata Sakaguchi.

Phantom Pain, a rapier given to Hinata Sakaguchi by Rimuru Tempest.

Equipment used by Imperial Guardians of the Eastern Empire.

Unnamed Sword owned by Gazel Dwargo.

Unnamed War Lance and Armor owned by Vaughn.

Unnamed Swords forged by Kurobe given to Hakurou, Veyron and Esprit.

Unnamed Dual Tantō owned by Souei.

God Grade

God (神話級ゴッズ gozzu, lit. "Mythological Class"?) grade equipment, as their name implies, are a myth to most people. Imbued with godly powers, they only lend their power to those whom they deem worthy, and will transform into whatever forms suitable for their owner. Armor of this grade, when worn, allows the wearer's flesh to take on the properties of a Spiritual Lifeform. These are equipment used by some of the most powerful characters in series. Examples include:

Asura, a sword owned by Milim Nava. It takes the appearance of a long curved single-edged blade. Paired with Rudra's Deva.

Deva, a sword owned by Rudra Nam Ul Nasca. It takes the appearance of a normal-sized, double-edged sword.

Ark, a sword owned by Feldway. Made by Veldanava alongside Deva and Asura.

Night Rose, a sword owned by Luminous Valentine, named after her palace destroyed by Veldora Tempest 2,000 years ago.

Flame Pillar, a sword used by Leon Cromwell when he was a Hero.

Truth, a longsword used by Granbell Rosso since his days as a hero. Currently owned by Hinata Sakaguchi.

Moon Mistress, a rapier owned by Chloe Aubert.

Divine Mail, an armor owned by Chloe Aubert. (Previously Legend-Grade in the hands of Hinata Sakaguchi).

Drago Blade, a sword owned by Rimuru Tempest.

Equipment gifted to Generals of the Eastern Empire.

Crumbling Fang, a greatsword owned by Dino.

Meat Crusher, a weapon owned by Geld.

Spirit Sword and Armor owned by Albert.

Ruin Scepter, a weapon owned by Kagali given by Michael.

Origin Blood, a spear owned by Jahil given by the Divine Ancestor.

Beast Slayer, a greatsword owned by Obera.

Loop Annulus, Chakram owned by Moss.

Vajra, a weapon owned by Sylvia.

Chakram, a weapon owned by Elmesia El Ru Sarion.

Crimson Lotus, a katana owned by Benimaru.

Divine Hercules Edge, an ōdachi owned by Shion.

Vortex Spear, a trident owned by Gabiru.

Notable Materials

There are some notable materials used in series to craft equipment with higher quality.

Monster Parts

Body parts and substances from monsters could be used to create high quality equipment. For example, Youm's armor is created out of Knight Spider's exoskeleton, and scales from Charybdis can be used to create armors and weapons with powerful magical properties.

Magisteel

Magisteel (魔鋼 ma-kō, lit. "Demonic Steel"?) is metal refined from Magic Ore. It is highly heat resistant, durable and excellent in conducting magic, hence very suitable for producing high quality equipment. However, it is also very expensive due to its scarcity, costing more than 20 times as much as gold of the same weight.

Mithril

Mithril (魔銀ミスリル misuriru, lit. "Demonic Silver"?) is an alloy created by combining magisteel with silver. Weapons made of mithril are particularly effective against undead monsters. Known equipment made of mithril includes armor gifted to Jinrai by Rimuru and Minos Bardiche found in the dungeon.

Orichalcum

Orichalcum (神輝金鋼オリハルコン oriharukon, lit. "Divine Golden Steel"?) is a gold-colored alloy created by combining magisteel with gold. It is superior to magisteel in all aspects, including thermal properties, toughness and magical properties.

Adamantite

Adamantite (生体魔鋼アダマンタイト adamantaito, lit. "Biological Magic Steel"?) A sort of bio magi-steel on the level of orichalcum that is quite literally alive and bonds to it's user.

Dragotite

Dragotite (竜気魔鋼ドラゴタイト doragotaito, lit. "Dragon Aura Magic Steel"?) Adamantite that has been mutated by a True Dragon's Aura. It shares all the properties of Adamantite but is considerably stronger.

Hihiirokane

Hihiirokane (究極の金属ヒヒイロカネ hihīrokane, lit. "Ultimate Metal"?) Formed after exposing magisteel to concentrated magicules for thousands of years (or special conditions like Rimuru's stomach), this is the material spoken of only in fairytales and myth.

Equipment made of Hihiirokane, only responds to magic power from the owner it recognizes and will block out all wavelengths, even attempts to analyze it will utterly fail. Anything made of this legendary metal can be expected to be top of the line Legend Grade goods bordering on, if not in, God-Grade.

Equipment Enhancement

In a world where magic is publicly available, there are various ways for craftsmen to enhance the equipment they made.

Enchantment

By using Engraving Magic, the craftsmen could affix magical effects to equipment. Engraved magic gear could be infused with mana, and once infused, it was possible to execute certain magic. However, there was a limit to the number of varying magics that could be enchanted. At most, only two types of different magic could be enchanted. Moreover, it was impossible to remove the engraving after enchanting.

The Eastern Empire utilized this principle to create magic stone-powered weapons that could be used by everyone, resulting in obsolescence of Gadra's Magic Corps.

Slotting

Slotted Weapons

A new way of enhancing equipment invented by Kurobe and Kaijin, based on Rimuru's idea. By punching holes into equipment, Element Cores (magic marbles imbued with the power of spirits) can be inserted into these slots, granting the equipment magic properties.

Inserting Element Cores in different combinations could yield vastly different and unexpected results. For example, inserting a water spirit core next to a fire spirit one reduces power, but having a water spirit core paired with two fire spirit cores increases power by ten fold.

RANK

Rank (ランク ranku?) is a general system created by people to classify and categorize the degree of power held by races of Monsters as well as special individuals.

Power Ranking Systems

Free Guild System

A revolutionary system created by Yuuki Kagurazaka that was quickly adapted by the entire world for it's ingenuity. It classifies monsters and other hostiles by taking into account a variety of variables such as Magicule Count, Physical Strength, Defensive Capabilities, Speed, Skills, and Intelligence. Average rankings are often given to an entire species, with further reclassification being given to specific individuals based on special factors like the possession of equipment and arts.

F Rank (F級?): A ranking assigned to those who possess little to no combat capabilities.

E Rank (E級?): A ranking assigned to those who possess power equivalent to the average Human adult.

D Rank (D級?): A ranking assigned to those who have power equivalent to a soldier, requiring a group of at least 3 or 4 average humans to defeat.

C Rank (C級?): A ranking assigned to those who have power equivalent to or above an experienced soldier with professional training.

B Rank (B級?): A ranking assigned to threats that have the potential to wipe out an entire village singlehandedly.

A Rank (A級?): A ranking assigned to threats that have the potential to severely damage an entire town, requiring the deployment of several high-ranking adventurers or a nations knights to be taken care of.

Special-A Rank (特A級?): A ranking assigned to threats that have the potential to destroy a small sized nation, requiring the deployment of a nation's army or a Champion-class individual to defeat.

S Rank (S級?): A ranking assigned to Demon Lords and those of equivalent power, requiring a large nation's entire military and the deployment of their Champions to defeat. Also Known as Disaster Class

Special-S Rank/SS Rank (特S級?): A ranking assigned to threats that no singular nation could hope to stand up against, such as True Demon Lords and True Dragons. It is believed that such threats can only be dealt with by the intervention of a Chosen Hero. Also Known As Catastrophe Class

Super Special-S Rank (超级特S級?): A ranking assigned to threats that no Multiverse could hope to stand up against, such as True Demon Gods and True Dragons Gods. It is believed that such threats can only be dealt with by the intervention of another Super Special-S Rank. Also Known As Apocalypse Class

Tempest System

A system used internally by Tempest's government and used in their management of the Dungeon. It's a stripped down version of the Free Guild's system, using an objective numerical measurement of an individual's Existence Value –called Existence Points– to assign them a ranking and adjust the dungeon's difficulty accordingly.

E Class (E級?): A ranking given to those with an EP below 1,000.

D Class (D級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 1,000 and 3,000.

C Class (C級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 3,000 and 6,000.

B Class (B級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 6,000 and 8,000.

B+ Class (+B級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 8,000 and 9,000.

A- Class (-A級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 9,000 and 10,000.

A Class (A級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 10,000 and 100,000. It is also referred to as A-Rank Over (Aランクオーバー A ranku ōbā?) and is equivalent to Hazard-class.

Special-A Class (特A級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 100,000 and 400,000. It is equivalent to Calamity-class.

S Class (S級?): A ranking given to those with an EP between 400,000 and 800,000. It is equivalent to Disaster-class.

Special-S Class (特S級?): A ranking given to those with an EP over 800,000

Million Class (超級覚醒者ミリオンクラス lit. "Super Awakened Class"?): A general term used to refer to those with an EP over 1,000,000.

Catastrophe Class (天災級カタストロフ?): The sole ranking used by Tempest that relies on Combat Power instead of Existence Points, reserved only for those with transcendent power that begins to approach the domain of True Dragons Generally This Class Has The EP Over 50,000,000.

Apocalypse Class (天启级): The ranking used by Tempest that relies on Combat Power And Existence Points, reserved only for those with transcendent power that Surpasses the domain of True Dragons Generally This Class Has The EP Over 1,000,000,000,000.

Unrankable Class: Beings of this Level Surpasses the Limits of the Entire Omniverse as they are beings that are too strong and overpowered beyond any logic.

Mutual-Aid Association System

A precursor to the ranking system utilized by the Mutual-Aid Association of Adventurers. It is extremely crude and imprecise compared to the more modern and scientific ranking systems, resulting in many preventable deaths over the years. It was abandoned completely after Yuuki Kagurazaka reformed the Mutual-Aid Association into the Free Guild and became the new Grandmaster.

Novice: A difficulty rating given to tasks that anyone could do, equivalent to the Free Guild's F Rank.

Beginner: A difficulty rating given to tasks that required some level of competency, equivalent to the Free Guild's E Rank.

Intermediate: A difficulty rating given to tasks that required someone experienced, equivalent to the Free Guild's D Rank.

Advanced: A difficulty rating given to tasks that required seasoned veterans, encompassing the equivalent of Ranks C-A in the Free Guild System.

Danger Level

Danger Level is an older classification, separate from regular rankings, meant to classify the danger level of Monsters and Majin. Unlike the Free Guilds ranking system, it's classified by overall threat level and not just combat capabilities. Additionally, it is subjected to inaccurate listings due to political interference, with classifications of certain individuals being listed as a lower rank than what knowledge of their capabilities would lead one to believe.

Hazard-class (災害級ハザード?): A classification for threats that boast enough power to destroy entire towns and require the movement of a nations knights to defeat. Equivalent to A Rank

Calamity-class (災厄級カラミティ?): A classification for threats that could potentially bring down an entire country, usually possessing several high-ranking Majin subordinates and boasting a considerable influence. Equivalent to Special-A Rank

Disaster-class (災禍級ディザスタ?): A classification reserved for Demon Lords, beings who possess enough power and influence to rival a large country, requiring a powerhouse nation like Ingrassia to stand a chance against. The qualifications to be placed here are strict, with individuals of sufficient power often not being ranked here due to special factors and to not make the public think that Demon Lord-level individuals are roaming the world freely unchecked. Equivalent to S Rank.

Catastrophe-class (天災級カタストロフ?): A classification reserved for threats considered too great for any singular western nation to handle, requiring international cooperation beyond the framework of a nation to bet on a chance of survival. This level is officially only occupied by the True Dragons, but behind closed doors there are whispers of True Demon Lords who possess enough power to obliterate entire countries off the map. Equivalent to Special-S Rank.

Apocalypse Class (天启级): A classification reserved for threats considered too great for any Multiverses to handle, requiring international cooperation beyond the framework of a nation to bet on a chance of survival. This level is officially only occupied by the True Dragons Gods , but behind closed doors there are whispers of True Demon Gods who possess enough power to obliterate entire countries off the map. Equivalent to Super Special-S Rank.

Unrankable Class: Beings of this Level Surpasses the Limits of the Entire Outerverse as they are beings that are too strong and overpowered beyond any logic.

TOP 10 Existence

No.0 Issei, Arianna(The One True Goddess)

No.0.5 Velunaria

No.1 Rimuru, Veldora, Veldanava, Millim, Velgrynd, Velzard

No.1.5 Poseidon, Hades, Zeus, Chloe

No.2 Diablo, Benimaru, Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Zegion, Prime Odin, Hypnos, Thanatos

No.2.5 Hades 3 Underworld Judges, Seiya and his Friends with Divine Cloths

No.3 Rest of Rimuru 12 Guardians, Athena Saints, Hades Specters, Poseidon's Mariners

No.4 Great Red, Ophis, Trihexa

No.5 Shiva and Bible God, Prime original Lucifer

No.6 Ddraig, Albion, Crom, Azi Dahaka, Apohis

No.7 Thor, Loki

No.8 Super Devils Siscon, Ajuka and Gayzem

No.9 Tiamat

No.10 Shinto Deities

Bios

(With Light Bluish Hair with Abit of Gold)

Name: Issei Poseidon Tempest
Age: 17(Fake), 100000+(Real)
Race: God/True Dragon
Parents:

Poseidon(Father)

Velunaria(Mother)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 1.3K 83
This is going to be a one-shot book!!! Or something close to it. I will create stories from ideas that people have voiced either on this site, Youtub...
4.8K 483 200
Hey guy this is me making a book for all my ideas I have bottled up in my head and need a place to put them and if you want you guy can give me ideas...
21.1K 240 13
yeah I Know not an original idea what if Naruto has two siblings what if Naruto's parents are still alive. what if Naruto got neglected for his two s...
38.2K 616 22
DESCRIPTION IS IN THE BOOK! TYSM FOR 30K+ READS- AAAAAAA WYAH Sorry this is so sucky lol it's my 3rd story but please enjoy! (also including my two d...