The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

40) Fever dreams

145 5 2
By JaneMayLily

Episode 8 is just the team remembering their past adventures so I decided to mostly ignore that and dedicate this chapter to more of what happened between Sophie and Kuvira :)

I'd also like to thank all of you for 15k reads and 524 votes. You guys are so awesome ❤️❤️
It makes my day so much better seeing people actually interacting with the story (even though I've been a bit inactive recently...
sorry😬).
Hope you enjoy this chapter :)
Love JaneMayLily

*Everything written in italics is a dream/memory*

Sophie POV

Everything hurts when I wake up.

'What the-' I think and feel an immense pain in my throat.

Great I have cold.
At the worst time possible, I get a damn cold.

A knock sounds through my room and I let out a groan in response.

"Sophie? Why aren't you up yet? It's almost 12:00."I hear Mako's voice ask.

I don't respond but just turn to look at him.

His eyes narrow, I can see his motherly instincts click in and he walks closer to me.

He puts a hand on my forehead and frowns.

"You have a fever."he says and I rolls my eyes.

I can see why you are a detective, Mako.
Those observation skills are phenomenal.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."he says and places his hands on his hips.

After he fuses a bit more, makes me take some awful medicine and stops Wu from placing me in quarantine, he finally decides to leave me alone.

"If you need anything come look for us or ring the bell or shout or do whatever. Just don't try to do anything by yourself."Mako says sternly and I nod.

He gives me one last look and walks out so he can start his training session in material arts with Wu.

I let my muscles relax back into the bed and darkness overtakes my mind.

———

"Kuvira!"I shout gleefully, trying to get her attention.

"Did you do it?"she asks excitedly.

"Yes. This train is like nothing anyone has every seen before. It should get us anywhere in half the time."I gesture to the blueprints.

Kuvira says nothing at first but then puts a hand on my shoulder,"we're going to revolutionise the world."

———-

"This is too dangerous, Kuvira!"I shout in frustration.

She looks at me harshly,"So you are not willing to cooperate with my plan."

I look at her with wide eyes,"What ? No! No I am not willing. You can't go through with this! Tempering with spirit vines is too dangerous. The amount of damage it could cause is unbelievable. If it were to fall in the wrong hands-"

"It will be my hands commanding it,"Kuvira's eyes narrow,"are you telling me I don't know what I am doing. I am trying to do what Su couldn't do. Unite the earth kingdom! Help the people! Isn't that what you want to do to! Isn't that what you left the fire nation for when I sent you my offer?"

"Yes I want to help but not by creating something so dangerous." I say and hold up the sketches,"not this."

Kuvira gives me a long look then shifts her gaze over to  Bataar,
"Fine, I respect your opinion, Sophie."

I hold my breath, that was way too easy.

———-

I hold my breath and press myself tighter against the wall.

"What are you going to do?"Bataar asks.

Silence has never been so loud.

"Sophie has to go. She is starting to stand in the way of uniting the earth empire."

Earth empire?

"Will people not notice that she is gone?"

"Only those of the inner circle know that she is even here and their loyalty lies with me.
To anyone else who might care about her, we'll say that she tragically died in a work accident."

I hold my breath.

Kuvira is going to kill me.

———

"You should have done what I told you to do!"Kuvira shouts as I scramble away from the edge of the cliff.

The motorcycle is trashed and I'm surrounded by soldiers.

My entire body trembles out of fear.

I look her in the eyes,"I thought we were friends."

Kuvira doesn't say anything.

I feel a sudden rage run through my veins,"I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS! YOU BETRAYED ME!"

I look at the soldiers," Do any of you actually know what she's doing? What she's planning?
What actually happens in the camps-"

"Enough!" Kuvira shouts, "I'm giving you two options.
Either they kill you or you jump."

I look over the cliff and see a running body of water several meters under me, only being illuminated by the full moon.

I contemplate my options and decide to Jump.

I turn my back towards the rest and look down again.

Just as I am about to jump I feel something stab me and an immense pain erupts from my lower back

Tears shoot into my eyes and I fall onto my knees, screaming.

I start feeling woozy from the immense pain and blood loss and feel the knife being ripped out of my back again.

I fall onto my back and see Kuvira standing above me

I scream, even louder, in agony and start to loose consciousness.

"You should have never tried to stop me."she says and holds the bloody knife in her hand.

The knife that I had made for her.

"I wish I could say I was sorry."she says and she pushes me over the edge and throws the knife after me.

———

Smoke fills the cell and I shake the metal bars.

"Let me help! I can help fight Kuvira! Please!"I shout into the hallway.

I can hear screams echoing from outside and let out a frustrated scream.

I suddenly hear quick footsteps and master Haru's wife, Kira, appears in front of me.

She stops in front of my cell and I can see the terrified look on her face.

"If you are one of us, help us."she sobs and opens the cell.

——-

I look over the battle field.
A place where I should be feeling remorse but I actually feel accomplishment.

I look back at the crowd that has fallen to their knees, in respect and because of the immense spiritual power they are feeling.

"All hail the spirit bender, slayer of Kuvira's northern army"

———-

When I wake up I feel like absolute shit.

Well now even more considering the memories that had just washed up again.

Not that I try to forget them, just remembering what has happened to me puts a real damper on my days.

There's a knock on my door and Mako walks in.

"I brought you dinner and a book."he says and drops both on my nightstand.

"Are you okay?"he asks and I sigh.

"I'm fine... I just had a bad dream."

*Sorry for the relative short chapter, I just felt that that gave you guys enough of an idea of what is going on :)*

*If you guys are confused don't worry more will be explained/revealed soon.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
22.2K 837 54
The Noble house of Yang has been the fire Lords strong right arm for as long as anyone can remember. A house of warriors who's only purpose in life i...
2.5K 74 24
Bolin x O.C. Slow-Burn* Sakari has been living in Republic city for the last 10 years. Ever since she got to Republic city her biggest dream is to b...
28.3K 967 25
"not a day went by where i didn't think of you both." īŧŠ*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚  ˚*â€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™âœŠâ€ĸĖŠĖŠÍ™*˚īŧŠ it's been three years. three years...