Come on, Barbie, Let's go Par...

By brooklynbayby

THIS BARBIE IS HUNGOVER: PART I Marley Billings gets convinced by her brother, Doug, to join him, his two chi... More

Prologue
Road Trip
Pretty Awesome
Selective Memory
Headache
The Lead
Crazy
Relief
Annulment
The Ring
Loserville
The Trunk
Tiger Snooze
Clawed
The Plan
Riviera
Fucked Up
Doug's Wedding
Part II

Vegas In Style

1.1K 28 1
By brooklynbayby

"Come on, Marl, I'm asking you to be there because I want you there."

Marley sighed at her brother's words. It had been a month of him trying to convince her to join him and his friends for his bachelor party, to which she always responded saying she would 'consider it'. "Doug, how many times? It's a BACHELOR party. It's a night for guys. I am the furthest thing from a guy. And I don't know if my bank account or my stomach for that matter can handle alcohol again after Tracy's bachelorette party last weekend."

"You're my best friend. You always have been. It wouldn't be right for you to not be there. And besides, you always join us on nights out. You're the biggest party animal out of all of us. You'll be bringing the fun."

Doug always knew how to convince her, telling her she was the one to provide the fun and craziness to any evening when she wasn't feeling like going for drinks. It wasn't even a lie, and she knew it too.

"I don't know..."

"There's almost too many reasons for you to be there. First off, I want you there. Second, you're the life of the party. Third, Phil and Stu haven't seen you in forever. And fourth, when I told Tracy I was inviting you she was very keen on the idea, thinking you'd keep us all in line." Doug let out a laugh.

Marley thought back to the previous weekend, at Tracy's bachelorette party. Before she had gotten too drunk, the bride-to-be had practically begged Marley to join the guys, saying she knew she would keep them out of trouble.

Clearly, Tracy had never seen Marley drunk drunk.

"Okay! Fine! I'll go." Marley spoke, running a hand through her hair. It was clear Doug was not giving up anytime soon. And she had to admit, the thought of Vegas was exciting.

"Fuck yeah! It's going to be great, Marl. I'm not telling Stu and Phil you said yes, I wanna see the looks on their faces. Oh, and by the way, Alan's coming with us."

"Really? You think he can handle Vegas?"

Marley had met Alan a few times at joint family dinners and birthdays. Don't get her wrong, she thought he was sweet and enjoyed his company, but she wasn't too sure Alan would really be suited to Vegas. And she was not in the mood for babysitting.

"He'll be fine. Just Tracy says maybe no gambling. Or a lot of alcohol."

"He comes with instructions? He's like a gremlin." Marley let out a chuckle, making Doug laugh too. "But don't worry, he will be well looked after."

"Aw thanks."

"Not by me. You, and maybe Stu." Marley felt like she could hear his eye roll through the phone.

"Okay, I see. I gotta go, but I'll pick you up tomorrow around 2.30?"

"Awesome. Later."

"Bye Marl."

Marley pushed her cell back into her jean pocket, taking a deep breath, knowing now she'd have to pack for the night away and pick the perfect outfit. Contemplating to herself what would make Phil look her way. She didn't like to think she had a thing for Phil, he was attractive, funny, confident, caring and basically anything else you could think of. But he was also one of Doug's best friends, and she never wanted to jeopardise that. Not to mention she had also been friends with him since they were kids. But it didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the flirty banter they shared, and his physical affection with her. She could enjoy it as a friend.

Just as she had almost tore her wardrobe apart trying to figure out what to wear, her phone rang again. Pulling it out of her jeans, she looked at the small screen to be greeted with the name 'Trace'.

"Hey, Trace. What's up?"

"Hey doll, Doug just told me you finally agreed to go to Vegas and I cannot thank you enough!"

Marley let out a soft laugh, "Trace, I don't know if I'm the best person to put your trust into." She sat on the edge of her bed.

"Please, it doesn't matter how crazy you get. You'll still be smarter than four guys, especially Phil. Speaking of whom-"

"Come on, please don't start this!"

"This weekend is your chance to make a move!" Tracy exclaimed.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Phil and I are just friends!"

"Yeah but you want more, and I'm pretty sure he does too. I mean he can never take his eyes off you, is always flirting with you and you two just have so much chemistry. His divorce has been final for over a year, I think you can maybe stop using that as an excuse."

Marley fell back onto her bed with a huff, tired of having this same conversation with Tracy. It had started when she had met Phil and Stu for the first time. Allegedly, she immediately noticed how Phil was so flirty and touchy with Marley. Going as far as to spend their time at the bar with his arm rested on her chair and paying for her drinks, despite her saying he had no need to.

"Phil doesn't see me that way. We've been over this."

"You're not denying that you see him that way!" Tracy said in a mock 'Lovey-dovey' voice, making Marley groan and try to defend herself.

"Trace-"

"All I'm going to say is," She was cut off, "Just go for it. It'll be worth it. And wear something black. That night we went for Italian food and you wore the black dress, I swear I saw him drool."

Marley couldn't help but feel her stomach twist a little. Maybe she would wear black in that case.

"Bye, Tracy."

"Have fun! And please just bring my fiancé back in one piece. And maybe bring back a boyfriend too!"

"BYE, TRACY!" Marley repeated, louder, hanging up the phone giggling. Looking back to her closet, noticing the one dress she hadn't pulled out yet. A short, black dress with thicker straps. Maybe a short dress was a bit too risky for Vegas? Oh well.

——

The day had arrived before she knew it. After doing one final check to make sure she had everything she needed, Marley decided she was ready to go. As if on cue, a car horn sounded from outside her building, clearly Doug signalling he was there for her. She put her sunglasses on and picked up her bag and the grocery store bag with the six pack of beer she had bought earlier. She made her way out, locking the door and walking to where she could see Doug and Alan sitting in in the front of a gorgeous Mercedes Benz convertible.

"What the hell? Where'd you get this?" Marley stood beside the car, looking over it in awe, "Hey Alan." She said as her eyes moved back to the pair of them.

"Hi Marley, I'm glad you're coming with us." Alan looked to her with a smile.

"Sid is letting us borrow it, thinks we should go to Vegas in style." Doug informed her as he got out to move his seat so she could get in the back.

Marley sat behind the drivers seat, letting her arms rest on top of the backseat, basking in the sun. "That's so cool. Can I drive?"

Doug sat himself back down and put his seatbelt on, "Sid actually said you and I were the only ones allowed to drive it, so maybe we can swap over halfway."

Marley let out an excited squeal clapping her hands, "Fuck yeah, Phil's gonna be mad!"

With a laugh, Doug started the car again as they made their way to get Phil from the school. When they arrived, Doug pulled up right in front of the school's main entrance. Marley couldn't believe how good the weather was, thankfully she had worn a light top and comfortable shorts for the long drive.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Marley said, eyes closed and head laid back, "And it'll be even more beautiful once we get drunk."

"Did you have to park so close?"

Marley looked up at Alan to see he was shifting uncomfortably in his chair, awkwardly trying to duck his head down. "What's wrong?"

"I shouldn't be here."

"Why's that, Alan?" Doug asked.

"I'm not supposed to be within 200 feet of a school." Alan responded.

Marley's eyes widened, "Wait, what?"

"Or Chuck-E-Cheese."

Before she could even try come up with a response, out of the corner of her gaze, she spotted him. Tall, dark hair slicked back. Sporting his teacher attire with he addition of his favourite aviator sunglasses. She couldn't deny he was hot, especially in the golden light of the sun. A small boy tried following Phil down the steps, "Mr Wenneck? I-"

"It's the weekend, Budnick. I don't know you, you do not exist!" Phil raised his hand up and forced the poor kid to silence, not caring at all what problem he might have had. Phil looked up the car and was about the make a comment about the vehicle, until he met Marley's gaze. "No fucking way. Barbie's here?" That same fucking nickname he has used for years.

"Hi stranger." Marley said with a smirk, watching his grin grow.

"Tonight has just gone from exciting to I'm worried for my liver. And nice car!" Phil threw his bag in so it landed next to Marley's feet, "I'm driving."

"No chance, buddy." Doug snapped back. Phil just shrugged and stepped onto the side of the car in attempts to get in, then standing on the leather seat. "God, watch the leather!" Doug said to him.

Phil planted himself in the seat behind Alan, looking over to Marley again. "What? No hug or nothing?"

"Awww Phil, did you miss me?" Marley teased, not bothering to move.

Phil tried to make a snarky response but was cut off by an older looking kid walking past the car with his two friends, "Hey, Mr Wenneck, is that your girlfriend?" Followed by his two friends making 'oooooo' sounds, causing Marley to have to hold back a laugh.

"Just drive before one of these nerds asks me another question." Phil loosened his tie and looked to Alan, finally acknowledging his presence, "Who's this?"

"Alan, Tracy's brother." Doug stated, as he checked his rearview mirror before moving off.

"I met you like four times." Alan said, rather hurt.

"Oh yeah, how you doing man?" Phil pretended to remember, giving Marley a quick glance making her smile and roll her eyes. "I cannot wait to be drunk."

Marley then pulled out the six pack of beers she had brought with her, "Then why not get started early?"

Phil smirked and grabbed her right hand, bringing it to his mouth and kissing the top of it, "Thank god you're here."

Marley tried not to giggle like a teenager as she pulled out a bottle for Phil and a bottle for herself. "Sorry, Doug looks like you'll have to drive the whole way."

"Wait a minute," Phil looked between Marley and Doug as he opened his beer, "You're allowed to drive the car and I'm not?"

Marley shrugged, trying not to let out a laugh at his annoyance, "Sid's orders." She kept her gaze on Phil as she took a sip of her beer to see the shake of his head.

Soon enough, they arrived to Stu's house. Stu was currently living with his girlfriend of three years, Melissa. Marley had met her multiple times and from her interactions and what the guys had told her, she did not like the woman. Phil looked to Marley and jerked his head towards the house, then put his hands over his mouth to make his voice louder.

"Paging Dr. Gaylord!" Phil yelled in the direction of Stu's house, causing the other three in the car to go into a fit of laughter, "Dr. Gaylord!"

"No wonder Melissa thinks you're immature." Marley said still laughing, taking another sip of beer, making Phil laugh himself.

After a few moments, Stu came out of his house. "Thank you for that, Phil." He spoke not even looking up at his friends.

"Come on, Stu. It's funny and you know it." Marley said to him, causing him to look up in surprise at the familiar voice.

"Oh my god! Marley! Are you coming with us?" Stu made his way over to her side of the car, reaching into the car to give her a hug

"No, I'm just in the car for this part of the ride. I'm getting out now to hang out with Melissa!" Marley quipped sarcastically, making Stu roll his eyes. Marley moved into the middle of the backseat as Doug let Stu into the back . There wasn't a lot of room for all three of them, but Phil made it easier by having his arm up on the back of the seat. "I think you could maybe use one of these." Marley handed Stu a bottle from the six pack as Doug drove off. The three sat in the backseat all clinked their bottles together and took a swig.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 801 18
Maddie stone better known as Matt is the only female member of the Wolfpack. Best friend to Stu doug and Phil. With dougs up coming marriage they de...
142K 2.3K 11
COMPLETED-there's not much on the hangover so i thought i'd post this. It basically copies the entire movie word-for-word but there's an extra female...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
65.2K 1K 12
Two days before his wedding, Doug, his three friends, and sister Sophie drive to Las Vegas for a wild and memorable stag party. In fact, when the thr...