I have waited a thousand year...

By ilikewrittingfanfics

Fiona Margaret Swan is Bella's twin sister. When Renee and Charlie got divorced she stayed behind with her fa... More

There was before you, and it was dark.
Reincarnation of the soul
History class
Close to death.
Vampires
A Christmas day
A perfect life
Trouble at our door
The sky is getting darker
The chaos begins
Getting used to change
Enjoying it while it lasts
What dreams are made of.
The day before catastrophe
Isabella gets to school
Oh, no.
We'll get through this.
Only the beginning
You aren't my sister
Playing with fire will get you burnt
Beach, bitch
I can't hold back for much longer.
Tempest of Books: Unraveling Sisterhood
I have waited a thousand years for you.

Heartache and Hidden Desires

465 16 0
By ilikewrittingfanfics

It had been one of the hardest things he had ever done. His body physically hurt as he stepped away, he couldn't even bare to look at her. His eyes wouldn't lay on her, it was too painful. Jasper knew he had to tell her, he wanted to blurt out the reason why he couldn't carry on. It wouldn't be fair to her. She had to know.

Both of them stayed quiet, neither really knowing what to say. Maggie felt helpless, as if whatever she said would only end up hurting her more. Her eyes couldn't handle it anymore, and the tears began rolling down. This pinched at Jasper's heart in the most excruciating way possible.

"No, Maggie, I'm sorry-" He was next to her again in a second. She avoided his hands, and eyes, letting the tears roll down silently.

"I'm sorry. I guess I must've thought we both- I don't know." Her fingers toyed with the edge of her pijama shirt.

"Hey, look at me, Maggs." His hand managed to cup her cheek, "I love you, and I want to be with you until the end of my days, and even after that." Her eyes found his, they were expectant, waiting for him to end his sentence. "I just want it to be right. I want it to be a moment you will cherish, not just a distant memory." She understood, she thought it was nice that he wanted it to be memorable, but at the same time she felt rejected, and it was something she wasn't able to push away.

***

The good thing about school was that she managed to take her mind off her overthinking and overanalyzing. She had history before lunch, and during the whole class she couldn't control her eyes from peeking at Jasper, he was tense, even more than usual if that was even possible. Margaret was sure he knew she kept glancing over at him, but he said nothing about it. There was something on his mind, something he wouldn't tell her.

"Hey," Jasper stopped her just as the bell rang, his hand slightly trembling. "The day has cleared." His eyes shifting between their honey gold and a black abyss, like an undernetath war that he fought on his own and told no one.

"Ah, um, yeah. You should go-" Maggie went back to packing her bag. It was killing her, this awkwardness, this silence, each word stung like a splinter in her heart.

"I'll call you. I don't want us to be like this, I want to fix it." Her overthinking seemed to cease for a second, and there was only that thick and heavy feeling of love. She loved him, she most likely always would.

"I love you, Jazz. I always will." She felt relieved, as if all the worry and doubt in her had fallen behind. Jasper seemed to be relieved too, but she couldn't quite tell because her lips were on his so fast neither registered it until the hunger for each other consumed them.

***

It was true, it was a lovely day, the sun shone like it never did in Forks, and the air was warm and soothing. Jessica and Angela wanted to have lunch outside, and Bella just tagged along.

They were sitting - more like laying - on the tables outside, absorbing all the vitamin D that they physically could.

"Ah! Don't you just love the sun?" Angela sighed, her sleeves were rolled up to her shoulders, making her short-sleeved top more of tank top.

"What I love is a chance to get tan before the dance without having to go to a salon." Maggie replied, eyes closed and mind freely roaming. Bella kept her squinting eyes looking at every single person that dared move.

"He's not here." Jessica stated, noticing Bella's restless eyes. "Whenever the weather's nice the Cullens disappear." She said, sighing.

"They just... ditch?" She questioned. Too many questions. It was making her anxious, she couldn't let her find out anything.

"Yeah, Dr. Cullen and his wife take them hiking, or something like that. Family bonding." Margaret commented, feeling the burning look of Bella on her.

"I tried the idea with my parents. Not even close." Jessica huffed. Angela sat up right and shook Margaret's hand energetically.

"I'm going to the dance with Eric. I just asked him, I took control!" She hugged her close, and she smiled so wide it was all worth it.

"I told you you could do it! Now we can all go dress shopping to Port Angeles." The girls laughed and commented on their ideas for their dresses. It had become a deep conversation on wether bracelets should or should not be worn on top of gloves when Bella interrupted.

"Port Angeles?" She was plotting something, and whatever it was, it couldn't be good. "Can I go with you guys?"

"Aren't you ditching the dance?" Jessica snapped, it was clear she didn't quite like her. At least the feeling was mutual, because Bella didn't really seem to care what she said.

"There's something I need to do there." It was cryptic, but Margaret thought it best if she kept a close eye on her.

"Of course, I need you opinion on my dress!" She said excitedly, trying to break the tension forming on the room. It was obvious, though, that watching them try on dresses wasn't really on Bella's mind.

***

Margaret looked at the dresses hanging along the store, they were pretty, but none of them called out to her. She didn't really knew what she was looking for, but it wasn't what this store had. Still that didn't stop her from trying a few. on and having a good time. She sent several pictures to her group chat with Alice and Rosalie, asking for their opinion.

What do you guys think?

Wait. You went dress shopping without us?! - Rosalie

Please tell me you didn't buy that dress! - Alice

Calm down you guys, Im just trying on for fun. Bella's here.

You should've started with that. - Rosalie

Does that mean we still get to help you get ready for the dance? And burn that hideous dress you tried on? -Alice

Hey! It's not that ugly!

Pink and orange together should be considered a crime against fashion. Besides deep colors suit you better. - Alice.

It's not like Jasper has asked me to the dance yet.

WHAT. I am going to have a severe conversation with my brother. - Rosalie.

I'm going too! -Alice.

NO! Rose don't you dare!

Alice!

OMG pls don't!

I'm going straight to your house right after this!

See you soon Maggs! I'm sure you and Jazz will have a lot to catch up on when you get here. - Alice

ALICE! ALICE! Don't you dare!

Jessica was wearing a beautiful pink dress that hugged her curves in all the right places, next to her Angela was wearing a periwinkle dress that made her look like a princess. Margaret was having fun by trying on the most sparkly and poofy dresses the store had.

"What do you guys think of this one?" Margaret asked, her arms on her waist as she twirled. She was wearing a light blue dress with sparkling tule. It was a ballgown that dropped to her feet and cinched her waist perfectly. The top was tight and flattering, with thin straps that showed her tanned skin. It was beautiful, she loved it, but it still didn't make her feel like the most beautiful girl in the world, and that was the feeling she was aiming for.

"You look like a hot Cinderella." Angela said with the most neutral tone anyone could master. Jessica agreed to that and they all burst into laughter.

"Hmm, maybe I should go blonde?" Margaret joked, running a hand through her hair.

"What do you think, Maggs?" Jessica turned to face Margaret, the fitted dress featured a halter neck with an open chest.

"You look super hot. And that halter makes your boobs look amazing!" Jessica's smile grew by the second. "Mike is going to drop dead when he sees you."

"Oh and look at our little Angela! She looks gorgeous!" Jessica remarked, hugging Margaret close as they both marveled over their friend.

"Okay you haver to get that dress, Erik will be left speechless." Margaret agreed.

"Bella what do you think?" Margaret asked her sister, the three friends standing in front of the mirror and twirling in all the possible directions. Bella was sitting in a chair, curled up as she stared at her phone.

"Looks great." She answered with a numb tone, her eyes still glued to her phone.

"You've said that about the last five dresses." Jessica complained, her gaze still lost in her reflection.

"You're not very good at this are you?" Angela added, looking over at Bella with desperate eyes.

"I just really wanted to check out this bookstore..." She began. While Jessica and Angela tried to pull a compliment out of her sister, Margaret went back to the changing rooms and got dressed. She got out and walked back to where Bella was seating and bagan to grab her things. There was a knock on the window followed by whistles and trash-talking from a group of teenage boys. Jessica and Angela giggled between themselves, Bella looked at the boys in the eye with a pleased look that didn't go unnoticed by her sister.

"Ew. Creeper alert." Margaret laughed. "Hey we'll meet you guys at the restaurant, I'm going to drive Bella to the bookstore." Bella looked shocked at this affirmation, but Jessica and Angela nodded and continued marveling over their new dresses.

***

"I don't need you to drop me off at the bookstore, I know how to get there." Bella barked as soon as they had stepped out of the dress shop.

"I know you do, but I just thought that I could go with you. Besides it'll soon get dark and we'll get there faster if we take my car." Margaret insisted, though she kept to herself the real reason why she really wanted to go with her, it was to make sure she didn't do anything stupid.

"I'd rather walk thanks." Her book bag was clumsily thrown over her shoulder and she began walking.

"Bells, come on!" Margaret jogged a little to catch up to her sister. "It's not safe walking alone in the dark, please." She really was scared, genuinely terrified that she might walk past her. As much as she wanted to keep her from finding out the Cullen's secret she was even more afraid of something happening to her in a dark alley. "Please just get in the car."

It took a while, but Bella finally agreed to let her sister drive her to the bookstore. It wasn't very far away from the dress shop, but it relieved Maggie greatly to be able to drive her there. As she was making a turn, she caught a glimpse of Bella's phone, in which she was staring at an image of a hardcover book that was titled "Quiletue legends", and a heavy cold feeling overthrew her.

"That's the book you're looking for?" She asked normally, her eyes set on the road, her mid mainly focused on not letting her face slip.

"Oh, yeah." Silence.

"What's it about?" Margaret pushed, hoping to get the usual monosyllable response, or a bad lie.

"Do you remember the legend Jacob was talking to us about?" She blurted out suddenly. It may have been the last thing Margaret thought she might hear come out of her sisters mouth. Her face was blank.

"The one about the wolves? So what you're into fantasy novels now?" Bella looked at her sister with slight puzzlement, and that sparkle in her eyes that reminded Margaret of the little girl she once was. It was a constant reminder that her little sister was still there, somewhere buried under her angsty teenager sister. It was hope. "At least tell me you are getting the good stuff." Bella looked at her in shock.

"Maggs! Shut up!" They were laughing, and Margaret let herself thrive in the beauty of the moment. "I could hide the books with mom, but there's no place I could keep them in dad's place."

"Oh come on Bells, a little smut is good for everyone." She laughed. "Besides, dad never looks at our books, as long as it isn't drugs he really doesn't care."

"Well that's nice. I wish mom was like that, or at least Phil." It was a scratch on the surface of something that had been building inside of her, that had been developing into a pressured mass of anger. If only Margaret could reach her sister and help her, perhaps that way they could all live with joy in their hearts.

"The bookstore is a few streets ahead." She informed her sister with a wide smile. "I'll park here and we can walk there." As they strolled along the streets towards the store Margaret typed speedily on her phone.

We have a problem.

If you're worried about Jasper don't be, I already reprimanded him. I think you two will have a very enlightening conversation this afternoon. - Rosalie.

Rose! What did you do!!??

Don't worry Maggs, everything will turn out right in the end. ;) - Alice

ALICE!! No we're getting off topic!

Oh oh. Serious tone. What's wrong? - Alice

Thats not good. - Rosalie

Try to stop her Maggs! We'll go and talk about it with Carlisle. - Alice.

On it.

When they arrived to the bookstore Margaret was quick to find the book and hide it behind multiple others in a different section of the bookstore. She hoped this way her sister would think the book to be sold out and leave her thoughts of fantasy behind her.

Isabella spent a full half an hour searching and skimming through the spines of books for the one she was looking for before she went back to her sister.

"Have you got everything you needed?" Margaret asked without even lifting her gaze from the book she was perusing.

"No! Not at all. I can't find it anywhere." Margaret looked at her sister with curiosity.

"Well, we should get going. Jess had a dinner reservation at 8:30 and we're already late." The book on her hands was easily closed and settled on top of a pile as she packed to leave.

"No. I'm not leaving without it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753K 15.7K 16
Book One in the Alex Swan Series __________ Edited Previously: The Life of Alexandria Swan __________ What if in the twilight saga, Bella had a sist...
205K 3.6K 35
Cameron Swan, the twin sister of Bella Swan, is not the favorite child. She moves to forks with her sister to live with her father, Charlie. Little d...
621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...
501K 10.1K 49
~Carlisle Cullen love story~ Sophie swan daughter of Charlie swan and Renee.. sister of Bella swan. Sophie see's the world as black and white.. but s...