His Solace

By keepupwithkai23

Sol-ace noun comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness. Twenty-three year old Korianna is just... More

Cast
CH. 1 Run-In
Ch. 2 The Crew
Ch. 3 Night Out
Ch. 4 Game Night
Ch.5 Bed & Breakfast
Ch. 6 Family Woes
Ch. 7 Renee's Reason
Ch.8 Future Plans
Ch. 9 Anonymous
Ch. 10 Date Night
Ch. 11 Closure?
Ch. 12 New Friend
Ch. 13 Transparency
Ch. 14 Happy Birthday
Ch. 15 Happy Birthday pt. 2
Ch. 16 Attitude Check
Ch. 17 A not so merry Christmas
Ch. 18 Unexpected Return
Ch. 19 Mrs. Woods
Ch. 20 Emergency
Ch. 21 Messy Masquerade
Ch. 22 Caught Up
Ch. 23 Latoya's Side
Ch. 24 Snake
Ch. 25 The Truth
Ch. 26 K&S
Ch. 27 Oops!
Ch. 28 Heated Discussion
Ch. 29 Reasonable Doubt
Ch. 30 Secrets Revealed
Ch. 31 Unfit Parent
Ch. 32 Bad Memory
Ch. 33 Safe Travels
Ch. 34 Bad Feeling
Ch. 35 Think Again
Ch. 36 Helpful Stranger
Ch. 37 Sneaky Creepy
Ch. 39 Not So Stealth
Real Quick
Ch. 40 Reunited
Ch. 41 Reunited pt. 2
Ch. 42 On Your Own
CH. 43 Awkward Encounter
Ch. 44 A&T
Ch. 45 Family Secrets
Ch. 46 Surprise
Ch. 47 Saints Day

Ch.38 Backstabber

561 31 17
By keepupwithkai23

"I'm worried about Kori y'all I didn't even get to apologize" Imani sighed the tears in her eyes threatened to spill as she sat around the group. She had planned on popping up on the group to properly apologize and make amends but by the somber looks on every ones faces  she knew something was wrong.

Tahj was responsible for the women while the guys were away no one felt like a bigger failure than him at the moment. How did Korianna, Melissa, and Saint get snatched up on his watch? He couldn't wrap his mind around it.

Tahj explained the current situation to Mani and the other women they'd all been worried sick about their friend. Blaze sent an update text to him letting him know they had a plan and just to keep the girls out of harms way.

Sighing in defeat he walked towards the back of the home rolling up to clear his mind. Whoever took them had to be close enough to know when they'd be alone and to his knowledge besides her family, the crew,  and the girls Kori wasn't close to anyone else.

So deep in thought he didn't notice the slender frame sitting near him until they cleared spoke up.

"Tahj, it's not your fault. You know Kori would have a damn meltdown if she knew you were out here blaming yourself for this" The two might not have been on the best terms but Imani hated to see this side of him.

Startled, Tahj glanced to his side, surprised to find Imani sitting beside him. Her presence brought a mix of emotions guilt for the unresolved tension between them and relief that she was here, offering support. 

Closing his eyes inhaling the potent weed smoke Tahj nodded, grateful for her words of reassurance. "Facts her cry baby ass definitely would fuck around and make me feel bad for feeling bad" he chuckled imagining the pout on his friends face.

"Shits just crazy who else does she be with besides y'all?" he asked hoping Imani may be able to fill in some missing blanks for him.

"Can I?" she asked reaching for the blunt "I knew ya fiend ass wasn't coming out here to cheer me up you just wanted to smoke" he smirked while handing it over.

"Anyways, I don't know back when we were talking she only hung out with us but... She did mention some nigga I think Antonio, Alex hold on let me think" As Imani sat and thought about the anonymous guys name the others came outside to join them.

"Awww y'all kissed and made up?" Krystal asked in a hopeful tone, Imani shook her head no passing the blunt to Maura.

"Now girl you know I can't be smoking too much with Mari here. I don't know whose worse between him and Ajani always running my damn business to my mama"

They all laughed knowingly, Tank had Miss. White on speed dial he was quick to call his favorite mama in law on Maura whenever she got out of line.

"Do y'all remember someone name Anthony?" Mani asked still unable to recall the mans name.

"Who the hell is Anthony?" Maura choked out, Krystal laughed patting her back "Ok baby lungs that's enough, and no Mani I don't remember a Anthony whose that?"

"The one that took her to eat his kid was in her class. Come on y'all know I smoke too much but I DO remember her telling us that" 

Krystal clapped her hands excitedly "Ouuu Adrian! Adrian Woods I remember now Kori said he told her not to call him Mr. Woods. But what would he have to do with any of this?" 

The group fell into a thoughtful silence, each contemplating the possibilities.

"I don't know but imma look into the nigga just incase" Tahj mumbled

Sinns POV

The messages from his mom and Kori should've eased his worry but they did nothing but make it 2x worse. This would be the second time he left his sons safety in someone elses hands only difference this time was he didn't know whose.

With Ricardo pulling the strings and having outside help from law enforcement there was no telling how much pull he actually had.

Ana was ready to take Ricardo out having him alive was a liability but the safety of their loved ones came first. Before they were loyal to the streets they were loyal to each other. Melissa, was like a second mother to them she opened her door to all of the men on numerous occasions whether it was Blaze sneaking out of his group home, Tank being suspended for another fight, or Tizzy stopping by to eat they knew Mrs. Knight would always look out for them. The men vowed to get everyone home safe and end whoever else was behind this scheme.

"HEL-LOOO CAN ANYONE HEAR ME UP THERE" Ricardo obnoxiously hollered he was currently in one of Ana's many wine cellars. He had been complaining about his broken leg for hours and rightfully so it was beginning to look infected.

"I hope the infection spreads to his heart bastard" Aubri grumbled ever since watching her dog's murder she'd been more irritable.

As Ricardo's voice echoed through the wine cellar, Ana exchanged a knowing glance with the others. Despite his incessant complaints, they couldn't afford to let their guard down, especially with Ricardo in their custody.

"Don't we all. Any update on your family? Not to sound insensitive but Ricardo has got to go!" Ana voiced she believed he had a tracking device on him. The last thing any of them needed was the Feds finding and locking them up.

They'd get hit with a 20 year sentence minimum just because some rookie was trying to earn their stripes and wanted a big pay day. 

Sincere shook his head no it had been a few hours since he heard from anyone. The last message was from an unknown person named Sam.

Give me till morning I'll have em back by then
When Sincere asked who they were the only response he received was Sam, I'm a good friend of Bishops

Fuck! Of course her family knew she wasn't safe. How would he explain to the Simmons that he's the cause of their worries. What kind of man couldn't ensure the safety of his loved ones?

"I haven't heard shit since earlier they told me to give em till the morning so that's what I'm doing. We can decide what to do with Ricardo then." 

While the others headed towards the main house to deliberate Sincere decided to stay close to the wine cellar just incase Ricky tried anything. Sure enough when Quinones thought the coast was clear he pulled out a small burner phone.

"Did you speak to chief Watkins like I said?! HELLO!" Quinones spoke sharply

Sincere's heart raced as he eavesdropped on Ricardo's conversation. The urgency in Quinones's voice sent a chill down his spine. Chief Watkins was a name he recognized; the local police chief had a reputation for being both influential and corrupt.

Keeping himself hidden, Sincere strained to listen, his senses heightened with anticipation.

"I reached out to his racist ass he wants nothing to do with you. Said you fled the country or sum shit like that" an unfamiliar voice responded

"W-what! Tell that son of a bitch that I'm being held against my will! He's gonna let his star witness die?!"

The line went silent for a few minutes before whoever was on the other line let out a sinister chuckle. "Ricky Ricky Ricky"

"You set me up didn't you wait till your cousin finds out about this. You kidnapped his daughter and used me you backstabbing piece of shit!" He practically screamed out voice cracking at the realization of being played.

"It took you long enough and tell Adrian what? I guess a dead man can hear the full truth.  My cousins petty ass baby mama came up with the kidnapping story even had baby girl fake cry for special effects. 

You know I never asked Katia why she insisted on including Korianna that wasn't my concern I did it for the money which I pick up tomorrow.

But if it makes you feel better I'm not the only one who used you word on the street is Watkins never got cleared to use you on the case. There was no immunity or witness protection for you SNITCH. You good as dead especially now that everyone knows you been running ya mouth" 

Ricardo scoffed "you greedy bastard I made you Cole and you owe me! You think you can cross someone like me and get away with it?!"

"See that's you and Adrian's problem always thinking y'all made somebody you ain't make shit! You thought I was doing you a favor for the free? You the same one that laced my blunts all those years ago. 

Yeah I knew it was you just like I knew if I played this clueless junkie act long enough you'd let your guard down. I got both you stupid  muhfuckas eating out the palms of my hands ha!

That's right me the one everyone counted out and guess what? I get to walk away with product, money, and no worries. By this time tomorrow I'll be out the country living my best life. Stay up snitch ass nigga!"

Sincere heard the line go dead signaling Cole hung up. He watched Ricardo break completely down before heading back up towards the house to update the group.

He hated to waiting on someone else's time but if Mr. Simmons was involved he knew Melissa, Saint, and Kori were in good hands. It was times like these Sincere wished he had his own father to rely on he'd be sure to thank Bishop

...once he was able to face him again of course

A/N: please excuse any mistakes this is unedited 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 147 10
Lixue finds herself wanting more out of relationship and is beginning to tire of having her needs met with deaf ears. Throwing an ultimatum out of he...
4.3K 622 10
For Eva Winters, life turned out a little more complicated than she had imagined. After years worth of saving, she was finally ready to leave the bus...
468 70 26
Norman has always felt a hole in his heart. He never knew why. He was happy with his brother and their father. Until their fathers left them alone. H...
47 0 14
Deep down I don't feel anything. Pain is nonsense If you ask me nothing can ever save my soul. Except. . . . . . You I'm Roman she's Michelle we're...