SaiRat "Always Been You"

By QuietlyChic_

This is a story about an 18 year old aspiring doctor and a 28 year old ACP, who have built an undefined relat... More

Chapter One - A fresh Start
Chapter Two - Building Courage
Chapter Three - Troubles of the Past
Chapter Four - Mend what's Broken
Chapter Five - Jealousy
Aesthetics Sai & Virat
Chapter Six - Bhabhi
Aesthetic- Samrat
Chapter Seven - Gustakh Nazron Ne
Chapter Eight - The Talk
Chapter Ten - Pyaar Ke Daage
Chapter Eleven - Unleashed Desire
Chapter Twelve - Family Dramas

Chapter Nine - Family Ties

430 49 25
By QuietlyChic_

Thank you all for your lovely comments and the votes! I have been trying to get this out to you guys for a little while but work and family life has been taking my time. Please keep the votes and comments coming, it makes my day 100% brighter. 

Also tell me what has your favourite part been from this story so far? And are you excited to see what is going to be happening in the future?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

So how did it go? xx - Jaagra Champion ❤️❤️

Virat glanced at his phone as he was talking to his brother and saw it was text from Sai. He had been texting her quite a bit since dropping her off, until his last message where he had said he would talk to her later as Samrat was waiting for him. He unlocked his phone and brought up his messages, grinning at her saved name in his contact, 'Jaagra champion', Sai will surely kill him if she ever found out.

As good as it could, I guess. We are talking so that's a positive xx

He replied back to her and put his phone down on the table in front of him, giving his attention back to Samrat.

"Was that her, your Sai?" Sam asked, and watched as Virat's face started going red at Sai being termed 'his'

"Yeah, that's her", He confirmed not being able to keep the grin off his face.

Samrat laughed at his younger brother's Cupid stricken face and got up from the sofa, prepared to get himself to bed and prayed his devil wife was asleep, "you go phone your mashooqa, I'm going to bed. Good night"

"Goodnight", Virat wished, watching Sam go inside before grabbing his phone from the table and dialing a familiar number. He didn't have to wait long before it got picked up.

"Finally, I was starting to think you forgot about me," Sai complained as soon as she answered the phone.

Virat chuckled, "tumhe bhool jau? you are part of my universe Sai, it's not possible to forget an integral part of a universe"

He could almost feel Sai roll her eyes, "Enough of buttering me up, tell me what happened, Samrat Bhaiya ne maaf kiya?'

Virat raised his brows in surprise and amusement . "Bhaiya?' He asked. "Relationships are normally made after marriage, aur yahan tumne pehle se hi bana diya"

"Aap ko mere tang khichne ke alawa aur kuch nahin aata?" She whined, making him laugh. "Now stop digressing and tell me, or I'm putting the phone down"

"Accha baba, I'm telling you, tumhara gussa hamesha naak pe kyun rehta hain?"

"Viraaat, are you telling me or not!" She snapped, getting annoyed.

"Okay, okay" He soothed, trying to calm her down. "Maaf toh nahin kiya abhi, bar umeed diya hain ke shayed ek din maafi mil jayega"

There was a silence on the other side for the briefest of seconds before he received a response, "is that good?' She asked unsure, after all she knew how much he was yearning for his brother's forgiveness and having to wait for it even longer now must be killing him, but Virat only smiled, he was at peace.

"Pehle umeed nahi thi, Isliye ek bechaini tha, bar ab umeed hai is liya dil ko sukoon hai" He heard her sigh in relief, and he smiled softly, understanding her worry for him. He really missed her, even though it hadn't been more than two hours that he last seen her "I wish you were here Sai, remember in Gadchiroli, we would spend nights like this in the porch with a cup of tea and garam samosas"

Sai laughed, going down in memory lane with him, "yeah I do, I would make the tea and samosas for me and you would encroach on my time and steal my food and drink"

"Did you ever mind?" He asked, curiously. He recalled that she would just move over and let him sit next to her, placing a part of the blanket on top of him to keep him warm.

"No, even though I would get so annoyed by you back then, I did enjoy those nights. It was those times together that made me realise you weren't all bad"

Start Flashback

"Sone ka irada nahi hain kya?' Virat asked, walking outside the Joshi house and heading towards Sai, where she was sitting on the steps of the porch, a blanket draped on top of her lap, and a hot cup of tea and some delicious looking samosas sitting on a plate beside her.

Sai looked up, and watched as he moved to sit beside her, grabbing a samosa from the plate and taking a bite without asking her permission, she scowled "Make yourself comfortable, help yourself to my tea as well", She said sarcastically, growling when he picked up the hot cup and did just that.

"Delicious!' He teased, sipping at the tea more while grabbing another piece of a samosa.

Rolling her eyes, Sai decided to ignore him and looked up at the sky where the stars were twinkling and the moon was shining bright. "When the night sky is so clear, and the stars and moon are so visible I always come out here to spend some time with Aai" She said in answer to his initial question.

Virat looked at her, surprised that she shared that detail with him, "do you miss her?" He asked, placing the cup down.

"It's hard to miss someone that you never met , she passed away in birth and Aaba has never let me feel the absence of a mother, but at the same time he has told me so much about her that I do wish I had the chance to meet her, she sounds like such a wonderful person, I mean she has to be if Aaba never even looked at other women even after her death", She said. "Aaba says that when someone special leaves this world, they become the brightest star in the sky and in clear nights like these it's a perfect opportunity to feel closer to them, so that's why I am sitting her with my tea and samosas that you so kindly helped yourself too"

He laughed at her snarkiness but did not apologise, the tea and samosas were truly delicious and just to annoy her further, he grabbed another one and stuffed it in his mouth, going in to grab the tea again but she was quicker and snatched it away, taking a long sip from it herself whilst glaring at him from the corner of her eyes.

Smirking, he observed her silently, she looked so serene sitting there looking up at the sky, holding tightly onto the cup, she was so innocent and beautiful no wonder that Jagtap is after her he thought. Sai was young and gorgeous, she was bold but at the same time she had a child like aura around her that you couldn't help be drawn to, it would be so easy for any man to fall completely and utterly in love with her, unfortunately the man that has fallen for her is not deserving off her though. Unconsciously, Virat clenched his hand, his jaws tensing up at the thought of that 'gunda', but the next second he felt a warmth engulf him.

He looked down at his lap and noticed the blanket draped over him as well. He glanced up at Sai who just shrugged her shoulders "you looked cold"

Virat smiled warmly, "Careful Sai, I might start thinking that you do like me after all' He teased.

Sai laughed, "please yeh galatfehmi mat palna"

They continued joking around and telling each other more about themselves, until it was starting to get really late and Virat could see Sai drifting off, so taking the cup and plate on one hand and draping the blanket on other, he gently ushered her in "c'mon Sai, time to get to bed"

End Flashback

Those were the nights that started to stir some feelings in him, Virat remembered how mesmerised he always was by Sai as she sat there staring up at the sky with a gentleness in her eyes, even then he was attracted to her beauty and it made him feel guilty because he thought himself in love with Patralekha, but the more they spent time together the more he realised Pakhis beauty does not hold a candle next to Sai's, and it wasn't just because of the outer beauty, it was what was inside. Sai for all she was a mouthy, sometimes bratty college girl, when the timing demanded it she was a mature, kind hearted and thoughtful woman. Isliye dil de beta usse, he thought smiling.

"Accha, mein sone jaa rahi hoon. Don't forget hum kal shopping jaa rahe hain" Sai spoke, bringing him out of his memory.

"Yes ma'am I remember, I will pick you up as soon as I have dropped baba back off from the doctors"

"Good and good night, don't let the bed bugs bite" She giggled.

"Bilkul bachi ho '' He laughed, "Goodnight, dream of me" and with that he ended the call, staying sat in the lawn for a little while longer just taking everything in. Today has been a good day.

**

"When are you going to stop with your stakerish attitude?" Samrat asked, as he entered his bedroom and noticed his wife standing at their room's balcony, staring down at the lawn where he had just left his brother talking to his 'girlfriend'.

Pakhi twirled around alarmed, her hand on her chest just where her heart his, she hadn't expected his sudden intrusion, she had been observing him and Virat all while they were having a conversation and hadn't even realised when Samrat left, she was so lost in her own thoughts, thinking about the two men in her life, one who was her past and the other who was her present, but she wasn't sure which off the two was going to be her future. She stared at her husband as he walked around the room, taking off his jacket and putting it on the back of the chair, removing his watch and placing it on the nightstand, pulling his T-shirt off leaving his upper body bare.

Her heart stuttered, it wasn't the first time that she seen her husband half naked, Samrat had the habit off taking his shirt off in the comfort of his own room and would like to just roam around in his tracksuit bottoms, but each time her heart would flip seeing him like that. Regardless of her feelings for Virat she could not deny that her husband was one fine looking specimen, his body was chiseled like a Greek god and his face was quite handsome. It made her feel guilty because she should only feel attracted to the one her heart has accepted as hers, which is Virat, but Samrat is your husband, it's your right to feel attraction for him her conscious shouted, but she shushed it, she couldn't feel anything for him, she wouldn't allow herself to, she couldn't betray her own feelings like that, she couldn't betray Virat like that. Although Virat has betrayed you, and will continue doing so!

"Careful wifey, if you keep staring at me like that, you might just fall in love" Samrat snarked, from where he was standing next to the bed, pulling the covers off the bed up so he can lie down. "And I'm sure you don't want that, I'm not Virat after all"

Pakhi kept silent, not biting at his snarkiness. She just kept staring at him, until her feet finally decided to move towards the bed herself, getting ready to sleep. All of a sudden she felt exhausted, learning about Sai, her heart breaking even more, Virat's constant rebuttal, Samrat's behavior, everything was getting to her and she just wanted to sleep, so without a word she laid on the bed and closed her eyes, ignoring her husband's stare.

Samrat on the other hand was confused about Pakhi's behavior, she would normally snap back at him, giving tit for tat, this quiet, subdued behavior was new, he wondered what was cooking in her head.

**

The morning after was filled with excitement for two individuals who couldn't wait to spend some time together. Virat on one hand was trying to get all his tasks completed so he can go pick Sai up as quick as possible, while Sai on the other hand was going through her clothes to see what she can wear, she didn't know why but she wanted to look extra pretty today.

She finally settled on a scarlet red anarkali style suit, simple in its design and comfortable but she decided to pair them up with a golden hoop jhumkas, a simple golden chain necklace and few rings on her hand , she pulled her hair into a low messy bun with few strands of hair framing her face, and finished her look off with her mujhras. Sai had noticed how Virat appreciated her traditional looks and although she isn't commonly the type of girl that dresses to impress a man, she really wanted to blow his mind today, his opinion of her really mattered to her, after all he wasn't just any man, he was hers.

Blushing at her own thoughts, Sai grabbed her phone and walked out her room to check on her Aaba and Usha Maushi, there was still a while till Virat came and picked her up.

"Tu tu tu tu" Maushi gushed as she saw Sai come out, placing the prayer tal on the dining table before she came up to her niece and ward off evil eyes. "Bahut khubsurat lag rahi ho aaj, har roz aise he kapre pehna karo, nah ki voh jeans and top"

Sai rolled her eyes, ignoring Usha Maushi words and instead focusing on the prayer tali on the table, "aap mandir jaa rahe hain?"

"Haan socha mandir jaake baghwan ka shukriyada karu, humare choti is, pyaari si parivar ki liye" She answered, going back to pick the tali up and re-arranging the items on it.

"Main bhi chalti hoon, vaise bhi Virat mujhe baad main pick up karne wale hain, so i have time"

"Teekh hain, chalo. Jaldi jaa kar wapas aana hain, naasta bhi tayar karna hain bhau ke liye" Maushi said rushing towards the door.

Sai looked around and looked for her father, confused at not seeing him, he's normally the first one awake. "Aaba hain kaha?"

"Walk pe gaye hain"

Sai was pleased with that answer, she had been bugging her father to look after his health a little more by doing exercise and eating healthy so she was glad that he was finally listening to her. "Waah, aaj yeah chamatkar kaise hua?" She asked, curious.

Maushi laughed, "he wants a long life so he could play with his grandkids"

Sai's eyes widened and her face went red. "Maushi", She whined following her aunt out the door, who kept laughing.

**

"I have been meaning to catch you on your own, I wanted to speak to you" Ninand spoke, as he and Virat got in Virat's Bentley.

Virat nodded his head, while fastening his seat belt, turning the ignition on "you don't have to wait to catch me baba, just call me whenever you need" , He said reversing out the driveway after checking his father was safely buckled up.

"You are so busy these days, and are hardly ever home" He said, not complaining but being observant. Ever since his son has come back from Gadchiroli, it's very rare that he or the family get to see him, he leaves as soon as the sun is up and gets back late at night, sometimes he would join them for breakfast and dinner, but most days he would eat out. His son almost felt like a stranger to him, he knew nothing of his coming or going, nothing about how his new role as ACP has been treating him and nothing about this girl in his life. He understood by his wife's sly comments that she is aware of everything in his life, and he is not going to lie, it hurts to know that his son doesn't feel comfortable enough to come to him about stuff and would much rather go straight to his mother. "You've been back from Gadchiroli for just over two weeks and it feels like you are still there"

Virat looked at his father guilty. He couldn't deny that ever since he has come back home, he has spent more time with the Joshi's and less time at home with his own family, one reason for that was definitely his attachment to his Guru's family, he feels a tremendous amount of peace and love in their presence, and although he knows that his family cherish him, between their rules, regulations and tight boundaries he feels like a prisoner sometimes, before Gadchiroli he didn't feel it as it was a norm for him, but since experiencing family bond like there's, he had noted stark differences between them and his own family members.

That of course did not mean that he didn't love his family, he wholeheartedly did and felt shameful of his lack of consideration about their feelings. He was the family's 'sher' beta, their pride and he had a duty of care towards them, which he had clearly failed at over the last couple of weeks.

"I'm sorry baba" He was remorseful, and his eyes reflected the sorrow he felt "I've just been so consumed with work and ........." Sai, was the unspoken name left lingering in the air.

"You have nothing to apologise for beta, you have your own life and you can live it the way you wish, all I just hoped for is that you would come to your baba and include me in your life, I don't know anything about what is going on with you, and then to find out from your Bhabie that you are in a relationship, that hurt"

Virat nodded his head in understanding, "Baba my intention was not to hurt you, please believe that, but I didn't mention anything about Sai because we are still feeling our way into this relationship, it was not because i didn't want to tell you, once we were at the stage where we felt ready to take our relationship further I would have come to you ...."

"But you went to your mother" Ninand muttered under his breath, but Virat heard and furrowed his brow in confusion.

He wasn't sure what his dad had against his mother, but since he entered his teenage years he had observed differences between his Omi Kaka and Sonali Kaku's relationship and his parents' relationship. Whereas Omi Kaka would lavish his wife with compliments and gifts, his father would throw sly digs at his mother, his uncle would flirt with his wife, and his dad would have a permanent scowl on his face whenever he was within a mile radius to his wife. He was really curious and wanted to ask his father, exactly what his problem was but a part of him was too scared that he would open a can of worms

"I didn't tell Aai, she just found out herself and got the information out of me" He was not going to allow his baba to think ill of his mother.

"Never mind that, you can tell me about Sai now, she must be quite special to take a hold on my sons heart"

Virat blushed with a shy smile on his face, and seeing the love struck look on his face Ninand burst into laughter. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 3K 29
Sairat story ❀✌ Story starts from sairat going to save officers after bus accident sai losses her memory. Let's see what will happen when sai will re...
42.1K 4.1K 70
My new story on Sairat
76.2K 4.1K 28
Peep in. Current cover credits- @yoursonly_clichegirl Previous cover credit- @RudraThakur8
27.4K 1.9K 44
Sairat