A Heart For A Heart

נכתב על ידי pfall30

Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a d... עוד

Before You Read
Characters
Character Aesthetic
Dragon Call Part 1
Dragon Call Part 2
The Valiant Part 1
The Valiant Part 2
The Mark of Nimueh Part 1
The Mark of Nimueh Part 2
The Poisoned Chalice Part 1
The Poisoned Chalice Part 2
Lancelot Part 1
Lancelot Part 2
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 1
A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 2
The Gates of Avalon Part 1
The Gates of Alavon Part 2
The Beginning of the End Part 1
The Begining of an End Part 2
Excalibur Part 1
Excalibur Part 2
The Moment of Truth Part 1
The Moment of Truth Part 2
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 1
The Labyrinth of Gedref Part 2
To Kill the King Part 1
To Kill the King Part 2
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 1
Le Morte D'Arthur Part 2
(S2) The Curse of Cornelius Sigan Part 1
The Once and Future Queen Part 1
The Once and Future Queen Part 2
The Nightmare Begins Part 1
The Nightmare Begins Part 2

The Curse of Cornelious Sigan Part 2

96 5 2
נכתב על ידי pfall30

Alexandra's Point Of View:

Morgana's nightmares still came constantly at least twice a month during the whole duration of the situation. Whenever she had one, I was called immediately at her request. We would analyze the visions together and work to find a solution to bring her peace. This time it was a raven that flew away from the moon and towards Morgana. It screeched with anger. I knew what this vision indicated, but I knew the ward wouldn't understand. I told her it represented an evil that would come, but not to worry because Gaius would know what to do. "Close your eyes and have no fear. The nightmare's gone. I'm here." I rubbed her back until she flew asleep. Morgana believed I was the only one that could bring her comfort. However, it was more than just me it was my magic. Once I was sure she was asleep, I incanted a protection spell to help her sleep. It was powerful magic to manipulate thoughts, but she said her sleep has been improving.

Once morning came, I decided to spend it with Morgana and comfort her. I offered her a new draft of a remedy that actually was a potion I brewed. I tested it on Merlin the other night and incanted a nightmare into his mind. He said he saw nothing and slept peacefully. She didn't think it would work and was worried her nightmares were back. I told her this draft was something new and nothing like Gaius had been giving her. She nodded trusting my words. When I returned back to the chambers, Merlin was crying in a wooden chair covered in horse poop. I rushed to gather a cloth, soap, and water bringing it to his side ready to help clean.

"Merlin, why are you crying?" I said as I began to clean his face.

"I'm not an idiot."

"No, of course not. What happened?"

"I just want Arthur to trust me and see me for who I am."

"One day he will."

"When?" Merlin snapped, "Everything I do is for him. And he just thinks I'm an idiot."

"Not everyone thinks you're an idiot," I said wiping his neck, "Although looking at you now..." He looked up at me and grinned. "Now, that's the Merlin I know and love." I handed him the cloth and moved in front of him.

"Listen I know Arthur can be a clotpole, but you two are destined for greatness. I could see it from when you guys started to work together and get along. One day Arthur will realize just how good of a friend you are. But right now, you cannot question it. Sigan may be awakened and you'll have to be ready for it."

"It's hard."

"I know it's hard. Gaius said the inscription translated He who breaks my heart completes my work. Inside the jewel is the soul of Cornelious Sigan." Gaius entered and sat across from us. He attempted to tell the King of the dangers, but Uther dismissed him.

The physician stated, "But in order to truly live a soul needs a body."

"Cedric!" Merlin abbruntely said.

"What?" Gaius and I questioned in unison.

"He has been trying to replace me as Arthur's manservant. He plans to get Arthur's keys and steal treasures."

I patted Merlin on the back, "See you are clever, but he is probably already in the tomb with the time we wasted." We bolted to the tomb to find that the heart had been removed from its original position. The heart's color was gone. Merlin tried to warn Arthur, but it only got him kicked out with the help of Cedric. Apparently, Merlin and Cedric got into an altercation. I would have loved to see Merlin in a physical fit, but not under the circumstances of Arthur's stupidity. Merlin ended up in the cell. When I found out, I made my way to Arthur's chambers. I knocked on the door. Cedric opened it and Arthur allowed me to come in.

"Your Highness, if I may request a moment alone," I said bowing respectfully.

"Cedric you can complete some other duty, thank you." Cedric left and I made sure he was gone. It was nighttime and I was hoping that a tired Arthur would be understanding.

"Arthur, why don't you trust Merlin? When has he ever lied to you."

"Merlin is constantly late and sometimes causes trouble. I'm just trying to do what's best for us. He seems tense so he could use some time off while I have another to fill in."

"May I ask you something?"

"Of course," he said lounging back on his chair.

"Do you see me as a friend or a subject?"

"Alex, you know I see you as a friend and I seek your advice."

"Do you see Merlin as a friend or as a subject?" He hesitated.

"A friend, but if I find out you told him that Alexandra, then you might have to muck out the horse stalls."

"You wouldn't," I teased.

"I would," he said standing up and moving towards me. "I care for you and Merlin even if I don't always show it. I try not to get too attached to people because it can be dangerous in the line of royalty."

"We care for you too, but if you don't let us in Arthur because of that excuse. You will never trust like your father. Merlin has sacrificed so much for your life and I know he would never betray you."

"And you?" he smugly questioned leaning against the table.

"I think you already know." Suddenly, we heard screeches followed by screams. The screeches sounded exactly like the raven in Morgana's dream. Arthur and I panicked. We dashed out of his chambers and he ran to the throne room to receive orders whereas I ran towards the jail cells. Merlin would be needed to destroy the greatest sorcerer that lived. I saw him pressed against the wall listening to the chaos outside.

"Merlin, Sigan is using Cedric's body," I used a simple spell that unlocked the cell door allowing Merlin to sneak out. We bolted down the palace steps to see the gargoyles from the statues come to life attacking villagers. "You find Cedric. I'll find Arthur," I planned as we split up. Arthur and his knights were in a triangle shape. Their spears fired upon the stone beast but did not harm it. All the previous creatures made of stone hated fire. I scanned the plaza for a torch and was unsuccessful. I dashed back inside the palace and grabbed the first torch insight. I ran outside to see Arthur get knocked down on the ground by the gargoyle's power. Most of his men were down except Leon. Another gargoyle flew from the sky its target: the prince. I dropped the torch. Instantly, I was at his side and grasped onto his arm. I dragged him away from his spot just in time. He stood up on his own.

"Alex,"

"Sire,"

"That thing could have killed you,"

"It still might," I screamed as I pushed Arthur back to the ground landing on top of him before nearly being picked up by the stone monster. I blushed at the fact that I was lying on top of the prince. "Sorry."

"No, no it's my pleasure," he joked in pain. I helped him to his feet. Leon joined us and I ordered him to get Arthur inside to safety.

"I won't leave you out here alone," the knight said. I wasn't in the mood to argue. Both knights would never know that I was more powerful than the both of them combined.

"Please," I pleaded, "I will be safe." I kissed his cheek as reassurance. He nodded taking the prince to the safe haven. I rushed back to the spot where I dropped the torch. My eyes flashed gold and the flame returned. I needed to find Merlin and put an end to this madness. My eyes flashed gold again as the wind picked up the fire and attached itself to the gargoyle in front of me. It yelped before melting. The air stiffened as if Cedric felt it too, but not Cedric, Sigan. I followed the screams of the villagers. I jumped in front of an old man trying to run away from the gargoyle. I waved the torch causing the flames to spread towards the creature. It flew back into the sky. Continuing this pattern, I tried to avoid the attacks on the citizens. The sound of chainmail clashing could be heard. I followed the noise to see that Arthur was back with reinforcements. He was too injured to fight. Leon was alongside him. I watched as he face scan his people that lay injured or dead. A gargoyle flew in between myself and the knights.

"Alex!" I heard him yell.

"Arthur, they hate fire, your swords are useless against it." I heard another knight yell. There are too many of them. Charging towards the monster in front of me, I whispered a spell. The flames got bigger at the creature's back causing it to screech and collapse. I was able to get on the same side and observed that the creature cut Arthur's face close to his eye. The knights began to regroup in the square. Arthur leaned on me for support as we tried to retreat. Again we faced another gargoyle putting an obstacle between the knights and us.

"Save yourselves. That's an order!" Arthur commanded. He readied himself for the creature's swinging arms. However, I pushed him away. He fell to the ground, which was my intent. It helped that he was injured. I mumbled another spell and watched the gargoyle join the fate of the others. Finally, I saw Merlin, but I also saw Cedric. I dragged the barely conscious Arthur under the protection of the covered walkway. My hand clung to my chest as blue dust crawled out of Cedric's mouth. It danced around Merlin's body and entered through his nose. My brother's foreign language could be heard. It seemed he got louder the closer it got. Suddenly, Merlin collapsed. I screamed as I ran over to him. His body was jerking slightly as if he was fighting Sigan inside. I watched Merlin's blue eyes turn black. Tears rolled down my eyes as I turned my brother on his side.

"Merlin," I called to him. A moment later his eyes returned to their normal blue and he had the heart crystal in his hand. "You did it!" I squealed pulling him in close.

"I did!"

"Now, I need your help bringing Arthur inside."

It was the morning after all the chaos and I was making one of Merlin's favorite meals.

"Now, I know it's not much of a thanks, but I sure hope it tastes like how mom used to make it," I said smiling at the dish proudly. I placed a dish in front of Merlin who returned my enthusiasm. Merlin shoveled a spoonful into his mouth and moaned.

"This is amazing!"

"I'm glad. You deserve it!" Gaius sat across from Merlin enjoying his dish too. There was a knock on the door. "Come in," I welcomed. It was Arthur. His face did not look too pleasant with the red scabs, but he was there in one piece.

"I'm looking for Merlin," he arrogantly stated, "I have not forgotten about your lazy, insolent ways, or the fact that you called me a clotpole," the prince exaggerated. Gaius and I stared at Merlin in disbelief. "But I do have to admit that there was some truth in your accusations against Cedric..."

Merlin interrupted him, "So does that mean on this occasion, you're admitting that I was actually right?"

Arthur paused letting his ego get in the way, "No, not exactly. It means that I have a knighthood to bestow first thing tomorrow and no one to clean my armor." He smiled revealing a huge sac he had hiding behind his back.

"All that?" Merlin annoyingly questioned as Arthur dumped the armor out on the table.

"Yep," he smugly replied as he left.

Gaius and I repeated at the same time, "Clotpole." The three of us laughed for the rest of the day at the fact that Merlin called the Prince of Camelot a clotpole.

Clotpole: a person with a thick head (syn. blockhead)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

6.5K 241 22
Emrys has always known that it is her destiny to turn the spoiled Prince Arthur Pendragon into the greatest king Camelot has known since magic was ex...
8.9K 314 8
"Welcome to Camelot, Merlin, where anyone with magic is destined to die." ♛ "Who exactly are you?" "I already introduced myself. Have you forgotten...
207 0 11
Uther Pendragon is once again ruler of Camelot. But when Merlin's magic is revealed Gwaine and Lancelot both take the blame to protect their freinds ...
887 48 25
Silvestre Pendragon is the Princess of Camelot with a hidden secret; a gift or a curse? That's for you to decide. When a mysterious boy named Milo ar...