SIDELINES; liam dunbar

By janiabeans

πŸ₯ ❛ i see you loving on the sidelines, i think about it at the wrong times ❜ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ: moonee zhao-mccall ha... More

~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
01. {moonee's return}
02. {kidnapping a freshman}
03. {lydia's fake party}
04. {the scrimmage}
05. {stuck in a well}
06. {canine distemper virus}
07. {scott's death}
08. {berserker battle}
09. {the new list}
10. {bonfire party}
11. {satomi's pack}
12. {moonee's goal}
13. {road trip}
14. {la iglesia}
15. {fully fledged wolf}
16. {heritage talk}
17. {understanding moonee}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ
18. {senior scribe}
19. {new girl}
20. {tracy stewart}
21. {sinema club}
22. {dread doctors}
23. {suppressed memories}
24. {xan's jealousy}
25. {newest chimera}
26. {stolen sophmores}
27. {rescued by theo}
28. {mercury poisoning}
29. {the perigee-syzygy}
30. {conflict at the highschool}
31. {dark moonee}
32. {library clean-up]
33. {theo's pack}
34. {the demon wolf}
36. {eichen house}
37. {lie ability}
38. {finding mason}
39. {the beast of gevaudan}
40. {stargazing and kisses}
~Ρïз~ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
41. {worst date ever}
42. {broken compass}
43. {who's stiles?}
44. {lacrosse captain}
45. {mr douglas' coughing fit}
46. {gwen's protection party}
47. {ghost rider attack}
48. {the k index}
49. {the not a train station}
50. {theo raeken returns}
51. {allison's death}
53. {liam can't ride a horse}
54. {new hair, new me}

52. {i love you so much}

297 14 16
By janiabeans

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"he can't take both of us." liam muttered. his eyes were on his physics teacher, who stood before them.

"no way." scott agreed, shaking his head.

the two were now in the memorial hospital, as liam had been showing his alpha how the ghost rider's train tracks were now situated all over their town.

"hollenhund!" douglas yelled, summoning his new pet.

deputy jordan parrish, fully transformed in his hellhound state, roared behind the two wolves taking heavy steps towards them.

"parrish. parrish, you don't wanna do this. stop!" scott yelled, not wanting to fight a friend.

"the train is coming, boys."
douglas explained with a smile. "there's no stopping the wild hunt. you'll make a fine ghost rider, scott. and i'll have a true alpha by my side."

"parrish! stop!"

"and then a banshee, a werecoyote, a—" douglas smirked.

"a stiles?" the boy asked, moonee's killing bat gripped around his hands.

"a what?" douglas questioned before the metal bat was struck into the nape of his neck.

"bad guy, right?" stiles asked as the man laid on the ground, wanting to ensure he didn't just attack an innocent. "i didn't misread that?"

"i mean, apparently he is." moonee shrugged, peeking out from beside the door. "also oddly my physics teacher."

liam's heart began to race just at the sound of her voice. he had been deprived of her for weeks, the only thing keeping him going were the oddly threatening voice mails of her he had saved in his phone. he was nervous, nervous of what she would say when she saw him.

"oh, God!" stiles ran back over to her once douglas got back onto his feet.

scott stepped forward and gripped the hellhound's arms. he threw parrish's body back into douglas, the two of them crashing onto the train tracks.

"oh! buddy!" stiles ran over to scott and embraced him once he knew it was safe. "oh, man! oh, it's so good to see you."

"hey, hey, hey! uh..." liam began to call out, watching intently as his girlfriend bent down to pick up the weapon stiles carelessly dropped.

"liam!" stiles breathed out in relief. "it's so good to see you, too!"

"yeah, no yeah." liam patted his back, trying to weasel his way out of the hug. "good to see you, stiles... but, uh—"

the trio turned to see the hellhound now glowing with mixture of green and orange fire, just a few steps behind from moonee. she shifted around to see the sight too, before quickly rushing over and past the three boys.

"okay. yeah, we should go. go, go, go!" stiles exclaimed as they followed behind moonee.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

once the four were secure in another section of the hospital, liam immediately pulled moonee aside and wrapped her in a hug. he gently stroked her hair as they embraced, tears gradually glossing up in his eyes.

"liam. are you okay?" moonee questioned, stepping back with confusion.

"okay?! i shouldn't have let them take you. i could've done something, anything. but i hesitated." liam explained, his voice trembling. "i just love you so much and i feel so terrible. you've been gone for so long and it was so hard, especially since we ended on such a bad note."

"yeah, it was a very bad note. i mean, i was willing to beat you up on the field." moonee nodded. she then stopped. in his long ramble of nonsense, something stuck out to her. "dunbar... did you just say you love me?" she paused. "so much?"

liam cringed. it had just slipped out. this was not how he wanted to confess his love for her. he had it all planned out. for their nine month anniversary (it had only been about seven), he was going to take her out of town to that field of daises she loved so much. then tell her that he adored her and hoped that it would help spark her earth abilities.

little did he know, supernaturally crossing a boarder between two worlds was more than enough for her ability to unlock.

"yeah?"

moonee smiled, placing her hand on his cheek and quickly pecking him. the boy began to blush as she pulled away. "i think i love you too."

"you think?" he scoffed.

"okay! gosh. all you do is complain." she rolled her eyes. "i love you too."

liam was celebrating inside his head. he moved in for another kiss, this time was more passionate. the two seemed to have forgotten that moonee's elder brothers had been in the same room.

scott cleared his throat and the two immediately ripped apart from each other. liam quickly pretended to be looking at something on the table beside them while moonee crossed her arms and stared at the two.

"so you've just been standing there, watching us?" she challenged.

"what?!" stiles scoffed. "of course not... maybe if you weren't kissing so loud we would've have heard you from across the room!"

"i'm in love okay?" moonee confessed. "let me be happy."

"you're in love?" scott raised his eyebrow at this new proclamation.

"buddy?" stiles patted his shoulder. "maybe you guys can have this conversation when our town isn't, i don't know— being taken over by ghost riders!"

"sounds like a good idea." liam agreed, finally turning around to face them.

"oh you are so not off the hook." stiles reminded him as he entered another room. "we will all be talking later."

"what are you looking for?" liam asked, trying to switch the conversation.

"ah! this." he dropped a tank of liquid nitrogen beside their feet. "and him." he pointed over to make the three aware of the hellhound was marching over to them, still engulfed in the multicoloured flames.

"grab him. grab him now!" stiles ordered.

the two wolves lunged forward, but moonee already had her arm out. she slowly closed her fingers into a fist and manipulated the air around her. her eyes began to glow grey as she used the air to pull parrish onto the wall. confused as how to the hellhound was moving on its own, the two wolves pivoted back to see moonee with her left hand stuck out.

stiles began to spray the man with the liquid nitrogen tank, managing to accidentally get liam with the gas too. the boy began to shriek out as parrish slipped down onto the floor.

"God, ow!"

"liam? you're fine." stiles told him.

"God, that doesn't feel good, you know?" liam shivered, brushing on his arms.

"you're such a baby." moonee laughed at him.

"you try being suffocated in that thing." liam scoffed.

"stiles? moonee? what are you doing here?" parrish breathed out from the ground.

"buddy, love you, but we're way past that, okay?" stiles sighed. "you gotta fill us in. what's going on?"

"douglas... he's merging the worlds so the ghost riders can cross over." parrish explained as the two boys helped him to his feet.

"yeah, he wants his supernatural army in our world." liam added.

"how do we stop him?" scott asked.

"the train." parrish panted. "it's coming."

"okay, and how do we stop that?" scott asked.

parrish shook his head. "you can't stop it... but you can divert it."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

now, they had driven in stiles' jeep outside of their highschool, the four were stepping on the train tracks leading to the entrance.

"okay, how the hell do you merge worlds?" stiles muttered. "okay, nowhere in the manual does it say that werewolves can do that, and scott and i pretty much wrote the manual."

"we can't even move between them, all right?" scott spoke.

"i mean, peter definitely tried." moonee mumbled. "did he make it out by the way?"

"look what it took to break you two out." scott continued, not really hearing her mumble.

"can i ask a question." moonee hummed.

"yeah, of course." scott nodded from beside her. ever since she had returned, he tried to stick by her so he could protect her, but liam's clinginess was making that extremely hard.

"were you guys trying to get us both back or was it just pure coincidence that stiles strung me along with him?"

scott was silent. "i mean... well—"

"i'm listening." moonee nodded.

"i mean, the official plan was to get stiles out first... and then have him make a plan on how to save everyone else." scott admitted.

"awh, thanks man." stiles beamed.

"right, right." moonee nodded. "it's just shame that my 161 iq... and the fact that i'm taking my sat at the end of this year, isn't good enough to prove i'm smart enough to make a plan for you guys." she sighed dramatically.

"oh stop it." stiles groaned at her complaining.

"corey can." liam spoke, he had been deep in thought since stiles brought up the idea of merging worlds.

"corey can what?" moonee frowned. "make a better plan than me?"

"what? no." liam shook his head. "he can exist in both worlds." he clarified, referring to their previous conversation.

"and he can take people with him." scott agreed.

"yeah, at your house! he pulled a ghost rider into our world." liam reminded them all.

"at the lacrosse game, he brought us into theirs." scott chimed in.

"what if that's how douglas is doing it? what if corey's the key?" liam suggested.

"interesting theory, okay? solid logic." stiles nodded. "it is, but he's in there, and we're out here. so, the only way to save everyone now is to just divert the train."

liam shook his head. "we have to find him."

"how?"

"i'm going into the hunt." liam stated.

"no, no, no. liam, inthink you're confused." stiles said, patronisingly. "we're trying to get people out of the hunt..."

"he can get taken by a ghost rider." scott shrugged.

"it's just... that's not a pleasant option. i'm speaking from experience." stiles explained.

"i'll go with him." moonee offered. "i've done it before, i can do it again."

"but i just got you back?" scott frowned.

"you can get me back twice." moonee explained.

"we don't need to get taken to get into the hunt!" liam exclaimed, taking moonee's hand.

"okay, seems like you've got an idea. let's discu—" stiles was cut off by the boy completely sprinting off, dragging his girlfriend with him. "where are you going?"

"we'll be back!"

⎯ ❃ jania speaks!

pleaseeeee don't be a ghost reader!! i know i say this all the time but you guys' thoughts and opinions is really what drives me to write this story!!

i love them more than liam loved moonee (and he loves her so much)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 507 7
❛ You had your heart on your sleeve the last time, Took it so seriously the last time ! ❜ samantha rojas, newly certified skeptic, thinks she's going...
41.3K 1.2K 27
On the eve of their senior year, Meilani McCall and her friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without one another, a next phase...
336K 13.9K 110
** COMPLETED ** The future is never set in stone, you may think your future is going one route but then one choice changes everything. One decision c...