Dance of Cinders

By CreatorNitro12

A nomadic lion who explores the rest of China, the fabled Crimson Lion said to vanquish his enemies with his... More

Prologue: Ignited Flare
Chapter 2: Flames of the Past

Chapter 1: Crimson Lion

15 1 0
By CreatorNitro12

Third PoV:

It was a pleasant morning for the furious five, training as the chance of being the Dragon warrior loom over them. Tigress using the crocodile mechanisms to train her speed and power, Crane and Monkey battle it out on the bowl testing their balance, Viper and Mantis on the fire stoker lane fighting as the fire erupts beneath them randomly.

Then someone knocked on the door of the Dojo making all of them stop thinking it was their Master Shifu, they lined up in front of the door and waited for a minute for the door to open. But it didn't, then they all remember that master Shifu doe not knocked which made them suspicious and warily walked out the dojo.

Suddenly a Staff was thrown towards Tigress attempting to impale her but she countered it flinging up in there air with her palm and striking it down in a distance in front of her, impaling it to the ground. This made the five take their stance, then a cloak figure jump from the trees to the roof of the Dojo then in front of them, beside the Staff.

He stood up towering each of the kung fu masters, seemingly sizing them up and chuckled darkly. Losing patience Tigress spoke up, "Who are you?!" she demanded, the figure only shook his head while chuckling.

"This is the fabled furious five? I admit, I may have overestimated you all. You don't seem like a strong bunch." The figure said trying to anger them and pointing the staff at them. This of course worked as Tigress charged to the Stranger to attack but was dodged and countered by being kneed to the stomach with his left leg and got side kicked back to the others by his right leg. The movement was smooth which made Tigress suprised.

"Tigress" Viper shouted in worry, as the monkey and Crane tried to tag team the stranger, Crane flew high gaining air as Monkey engaged in combat with him. All of the eimian's attack was blocked by the stranger even when he's using all of his limbs and tail, the stranger seemingly dancing making it hard to predict his movements for Monkey as he slowly being forced to be defensive.

Then he accidentally let a window open from his stance and the stranger took it, ducking over his kick and gut punching him then wrapping his tail on his neck and throwing him behind to crash against Crane who was trying to hit him from the air.

The Cloaked Stranger stood up and dusted his palms and went to retrieve his staff but pain erupted on his cheek by an unseen fighter. Mantis continued attack the stranger's blind spots using his speed to confuse him but the dtranger predicted the insect's movements and caught him and threw him up in the air then grabbing his staff and ripping it from the ground and using it as a bat to smack him away towards Viper and Tigress.

Tigress finally recovered and saw three of her team mates on the ground passed out, she looked at viper and nodded. They both took a stance, as the stranger turned his attention to them then taunted them with by taking a mock stance as well.

Tigress and Viper took this chance and attacked him together, the stranger maneuvered around their attacks with rhythmic steps and break dancing around them, blocking their attacks with his movements and hitting them bacm with precise attacks until he knocks them both down with a smack on the head and a hit at the back.

The sound of battle alerted Shifu out of his house making him rush out and towards the Dojo. As he got there he saw his students prone on the ground as a lone cloaked figure stands at the center.

Lost to his anger, he attacked the Stranger without any warning. The Stranger noticed an incoming kick and blocked it by his forearm looking directly at Red panda's eyes, his Emerald orbs staring at Shifu's blue ones and then they engaged on a battle each countering and hitting each other but their are no signs of them winning.

While they were busy fighting, the furious five finally gained consciousness and helped other up then watched the battle unfold as their Master goes toe to toe with the Stranger. Surprisingly, the Stranger manages to make Master Shifu a run of his money but one kick from their Master made the Starnger stumble back, knocking his straw hat off his head.

Shifu stopped in his tracks as he looked at the Stranger's face recognizing him as his old student. "Lei?" He asked out bewildered at his surprise appearance to them.

The Lion relaxed his stance and stretched his body as if nothing happenedin the past few minutes. "Sup' old man? Your bones still strong as always huh?" Lei picked up his staff and made it shrunk and put it around his belt then went to pick up his bag hidden behind a tree.

"Who is he?" Monkey still recovering whispers to Crane, "I don't know" the bird replies. The furious five looked at both of the males then Tigress suddenly remembers another student Master Shifu taught with Tai Lung.

The Student which he made and taught himself a kind of style of kung-fu that no one can replicate, even Master Shifu. The fighting-style in question has no direction or any forms, just precise movements which looks like dance moves using momentum to make the hits heavy.

"Wait Lei? as in Lei Jiang the Crimson Lion" Tigress questioned at the Lion in which stole the attention of the Lion as he picks up his straw hat.

"Yep, the one and only! And you must be Tigress, the one that the old man always talks about" he answered and noticing that their are other students around, "Oh and of course he talks about every one of you just, she is more often being talked about" he quickly added to reduce the tension.

"Everyone this is Lei Jiang as Tigress mentioned, one of my old and best student" Shifu turns to his students and introduces the Lion as he walked behind him.

"He is participating at the event where the Dragon warrior will be chosen, please make him feel at home" he continued, "Meet me later at night" he said to Lei in which he nodded and the red panda walked back to where ever he's gonna go.

"Okay, so where do I stay?" Lei turned towards his the beaten up furious.

All of them stared at him until Viper being the most kindest out of them said "Right this way" then slithered away making the Lion follow her leaving the four in silence

"So the fabled Crimson Lion is Master Shifu's old student huh?" Mantis spoke out to break the silence.

Lei PoV:

I followed Viper, really creative name, to their dormitories as we walked up the mountain. As we got to the building, I noticed that it was bigger than the last time and wondered if my old room is still here "I think I can help myself here Viper" I called out to her.

"A-are you sure" she asked me unsure.

"Of course, I did live here after all. I just gotta find my old room" he answered and went inside not waiting her reply.

He hummed a lullaby as he walked, the song made him remember when he was younger and libed here with Tai Lung. As he continued to explore the refurbished building he tuned out his surroundings and reminisces about the past.

Third PoV:
There was a Thunderstorm and the wind blows harshly against the trees letting out hollow deep whistles. A teenage Leopard lying down on a futon can't seem to get his sleep, the air pounded against the window until it invaded his room dropping the temperature inside it, blowing out the candle that was trying to keep the room lit.

The spotted Feline finally has enough and got out of the room and walked down the hallways, the noise from the storm outside was muffled vy the walls as he finally reach his destination.

Inside this room lay a half naked feline with a developing Crimson mane on his own futon. The sleeping quarters was farther away from cliff which why it was far more silent than his own room. The sound of the door opening alerted the dozing Lion and woke up seeing that his *friend* was just standing at the door.

"Why are you stalking me, creep?" He said while lazily smiled which made the Leopard blushing as he saw through the darkness with his night vision.

"Shut up, the storm was noise so I figured I could sleep here" he replied and nonchalantly walked inside the room.

"Suit yourself" the Lion said pretending going back to sleep as the Leopard walked closer to him. He accidentally tripped his the spotted feline with his tail making him fall on his torso. The impact was heavy but nothing Lei can survive as he just hugged Tai and dozed off.

Tai Lung was frozen as the lion's scent invades his nose raising his body temperature, "Lei what are you doing? Let me go!" he drowned the embarrassment with anger.

"Shhh just stay here with me kitty, I'll make you warm" he whisperer to him directly on his ear and rubbed his back in a soothing motion.

"Wise men says, Only fools rush in"
"But I can't help, Falling in love with you~"

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin~"
"But I can't help, falling in love with you~"

He sang a lullaby as he hugged Tai Lung making his relax more

"As the river flows, Surely to the sea~"
"Darling so it goes, Some things are meant to be~"

"Take my hand, Take my whole life too~"
"For I can't help falling in love with you~"

He pressed his forehead against Tai lung's and sang the rest of the lyrics as he saw that the Leopard fell asleep.

"For I can't help falling in love with you~"

He kissed the forehead of the sleeping Leopard, looking at him fondly but remembering remembering he only saw him as a friend.....nothing more.

Lei just stood in front of his old room, looking at it as if it was a fragile object that will break upon touching but shook his head and just went in.

(Author's note: All rights reserved go to the original songwriter, singer, and the male cover singer......I don't know how to do things like this, so I guess like, vote and comment and have a nice day XD)

Continue Reading