Senior High Series #6: A Tale...

By ZabrinasInk

Sherylle Moana Sanchez is a passionate writer, poet, and a conscientious HUMSS student who enjoys eating but... More

INTRODUCTION
DISCLAIMER
SYNOPSIS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10

PROLOGUE

25 5 2
By ZabrinasInk

                       PROLOGUE

  Intramurals is one of the best awaited events a student would expect, especially those sporty once. Playing table tennis is just like making a poem, dapat nating tiyansahin ang mga salitang ating ginagamit for we can't cause a failure for our supporters. In table tennis, we have to measure our swipes for we don't make an error in serving, for we don't cause a dismay to our cheerer’s.

   And in this things, I Sherylle Moana Sanchez excels in both category.

   “Break a leg, Shy. For the second time, splash the opponent.” I am on my way to table tennis room fields when one of my classmate, my best friend approaches me.

   “Sure, basta ba’t ililibre mo ako ng meryenda mamaya. Naiintindihan mo ako ha, bilog?” A teasing smile forms into my lips as I uttered those words.

   “Ang ganda ng pangalan ko para tawagin mong bilog!” Nagmamaktol niyang saad.

   “Kailan pa naging maganda ang, Jereeyne Audi? Mas bagay talaga sa’yo ang bilog, kaseng bilog ng tiyan mo!” Pabiro ako nitong kinaltokan.

   “Ang sama ng ugali mo. Kaya hindi ka nagkaka-boyfriend e!” My brows narrowed of what he says. Ni real talk ba naman ako? Sa ganda kong ‘to? Syempre hindi ako papayag na ganon ganon lang.

   I face him straight, and intently look at his eyes. I feel how he consciously moved his gaze away from me kaya napangisi ako.

   “Bakit nanligaw ka ba?” I teased him more.

   “H-huh?!” He stated it, stuttering.

   “Masama ugali ko, but man, my beauty is enough for you to have a crush on me. How long was that again? Grade school to junior high? My bad, pagpa-sensyahan mo nalang ang kagandahan ko.” Nakapa-mewang kong saad, pilit na hinuhuli ang kaniyang mga tingin.

   His face turned red, he was like forced to eat chilli sa sobrang pula nito. I smiled how he tried to oppose the awkwardness that’s roaming in us now as he stood himself straightly and look into my eyes.

   “T-that was a past. Past is past, besides hindi ko nga alam paano kita nagustohan noon e, ang sagwa mo!” Trying himself to annoy me, funny. For I always have my weapon para kalabanin ang mga pang-aasar niya. Nginitian ko lamang siya ng nakakaloko para gawing mas awkward sa kaniya ang sitwasyon.

   “Mauna na ako! Break a leg!” Dere-deretso niyang saad.

   “Bye, pancake!” I used the name he have given me on his diary to annoy him more.

   “The next time you left your things in my house, better make sure na hindi nakakalat so that I won’t accidentally saw gross things!” I mocked him more.

   “What the?!” He mocked.

   I just shrugged and continue walking towards the table tennis room.

   “Great day, Silvanians! We are excited to welcome you all to our Intramurals, and be part of the Table Tennis Tournament this year.” I sitted well when the umpire opens the event.

   “Last year, Miss Sherylle Moana Sanchez holds the title for being the champion of our said tournament. Guess what? She is a title holder for three consecutive year’s, and on this year she is still part of the tournament. We are all thrilled now! Will Miss Sanchez brings home the bacon? Or, Miss Scarlett Jameeson will take the title now? For us to know that, let our competition begin!” Numerous applause and cheers can be heard in the said room as our different cheerers applauded in unison.

   I simply take a glance to my opponent, and I didn’t get shocked when I found out she’s also looking at me. I smiled at her a little, what surprised me is that I have received an rolling eye after.

   “The energy, the competition, the camaraderie – it's all part of what makes table tennis such a fantastic sport. So, let's bring our best to the table, show respect to our opponents, and remember the most important rule of all – have fun!”

   As the umpire stated inayos ko na ang sarili ko, hinanda ko na ang paddle na gagamitin ko and any other equipments to use.

   “Time to start the match!” I positioned myself in front of the table tennis table and make myself confidently ready to start the game.

   “Players, the both of you are not a beginner in this game. Miss Sanchez have strikes for three consecutive years, and Miss Jameeson was once become a gold medalist in last years regional competition before. The tournament from which Miss Sanchez didn’t play because she got sick. So, we have expected that you were both experts in the rules. So, we won’t take it any longer to explain. Ladies come over here.” Dumalo ako sa gitnang gilid ng mesa kung saan naka-puwesto ang umpire para gawin ang pag toss ng coin at masimulan na ang laro.

   “Head.” My opponent coldly stated.

   The coin landed on the floor and faced the head to us.

   “Get ready, serve!”

   As the umpire uttered the game begins in just a second. Miss Jameeson hits the first service. Her serve were on point. She scored first, when she suddenly make a fault when she accidentally touches the table, in between of our game.

   “Shit! Are you nut? Didn’t you see we were playing?!” I was shocked by the time that her voice gets loud, shouting the little girl in front of her. Oh, so she didn’t do it, the little girl messed up.

   “Miss, calm down.” I softly turned my head to the little girl when I heard her throb.

   “Of course you’ll say that, pabor sa’yo to e!” She exclaimed. My face heated up, yet I still managed to be calm.

   “I am sorry, Miss. But, that’s not my point.” She giggled of what I say, as if I cracked a joke.

   “You obviously do, the score is 3-0. You haven’t scored yet, kaya pabor sa’yo ‘to. Kaya ka ganiyan!” I rolled my eyes secretly, hiding the irritation I have felt.

   “Miss Jameeson, that is not a right trait to accuse you opponent.” Mister Gray, our umpire stated.

   “Of course, you will defend her. She’s your veteran player, and I am just a newbie here.” She sarcastically said.

   All of us in the room shocked on how she acted.

   “Excuse me, Miss? Southern Ville High has never received any accusations like yours, don’t you think you’ve been too much?” Our umpire soflty stated. All of us here, except Scarlett tries to calm on the situation.

   “For you to stop, Miss. We can start over again. What do you think?” I stated.

   She laughed, sarcastically.

   “And what? My score will turn to zero? What do you think of me, a dumb?”

   “Okay, fine. Here’s what will happen, Miss. You kept your three points, let’s continue playing, and you will be the one to serve. Would you stop now?” I firmly responded.

   Talagang sinusubod niya ang pasensya ko. At ang gaga, talagang hindi umangal, she served and in her karma it was error. I secretly smiled looking how irritated she is.

   The game goes on, I aced my service and the following shots. We even got to three rounds as the both of us stands 1-1, the game became tight, she really competes. She really wants to win, and I am too.

   “Standing 2-1, Miss Sanchez splashed it again. Congratulations players. Miss Jameeson, please see me the day after tomorrow to the deans office, we have to clear the situation we have created earlier.”

   Without any further delay, Scarlett immediately goes out to the room, irritated.

   I was congratulated and tasked to represent our school to the next level.

   I packed my things up, inayos ko na rin ang aking sarili, nagpasalamat sa mga sumuporta at deretsong lumabas ng table tennis room para hanapin ang batang nasigawan ni Scarlett kanina. She’s just a little girl, she must be hurt.

   Napatigil ako ng nadaanan ko ang field ng badminton at maraming nagtitili doon. I straightened my back, as I wanted to know who’s the winner. I was taken aback when there’s no result announcement that is happening, it was a courting situation.

   A man standing tall sa gitna ng field holding a girls hand, asking her to date him. I smiled, hindi pa pala talaga gago ang lahat ng lalaki. This man is too proud to like this girl for him para gawin ang ganitong klaseng panliligaw.

   The man is so romantic, he kept his posture look good. He really is a good looking man, he’s holding a flower while asking the girl.

   This man looks familiar, but, in my four years in this school, I haven’t seen him here. I know I saw him somewhere else, hindi ko lang matandaan kung kailan at saan.

   “Gago ka pala e!” Nabalik ako sa huwisyo ng marinig ang pagsigaw ng babae. Matagal pala akong nakatitig dito, hindi ko na napansin na wala na palang natirang tao bukod sa akin, sa lalaki, sa babaeng sumigaw, I creased my forehead, surprisingly see Scarlett holding the arm of the man, smiling rudely.

   “Do you think my man would really ask you out? Come on girl, it was just a bet.” My forehead rumpled more of what I have heard.

   Aba’y talagang gago.

   “Let go off me, Scarlett. I ain’t yours. Walang nagmamay-ari sa akin. And, I am sorry, miss.” Iwinaksi ng lalaki ang kamay ni Scarlett na nakapulupot sa kaniyang kamay. Kinuha nito ang kaniyang bag, at walang habas na naglakad palabas ng field.

   “Gago ka, Whylle! Gago ka!” Sigaw ng babae habang umiiyak.

   Hinabol ni Scarlett, yung Whylle kuno. Ngunit masyadong malalaki ang mga hakbang nito at hindi ko na nakita kung nahabol ba ito ni Scarlett sa labas.

   I look at the girl, hopelessly stamped her feet on the ground, at marahang tinapak-tapakan ang bulaklak na kanina’y hawak hawak lamang ng lalaki.

   Kahit kailan talaga, gago ang mga lalaki.

   I shrugged, thinking how frustrated I am before when I don’t know how to control myself being dumb when it comes to men. Mabuti nalang talaga at hindi na ako katulad ng dati.

   “Buang!” I shifted my weight when I heard someone exclaimed.

   Aba, mabuti’t nagpakita ‘to.

   “Hindi ka natablan ng hiya?” Panimula ko.

   “Wala ako no’n, Gaga! By the way, congrats! Balita ko, nakasagutan mo raw yung kalaban mo?” Nang-uusyosong saad nito.

   “Yeah, masyadong mainit eh. Minaliit ba naman ako? Sinabi ba naman sa akin na pabor kuno sa akin ang pangyayari at kinakampihan ako ni Mister Gray dahil beterano niya akong manlalaro at siya bagohan lamang dito.” I rolled my eyes while stating.

   “Aba’t hindi naman nakapalag sa akin kahit ibinigay ko na sa kaniya ang pabor na hindi dapat.” I added.

   “Why are you here, by the way? Kailan ka pa nagka-interes sa badminton? O, baka naman may manlalaro ka ng pinag-iinteresan ha?” Nanunukso nitong saad.

   Talagang sisimulan niya ako ah. Ngayon ka lang.

   “Ano? Hindi kita ipagpapalit no!” I laughed, teasing him.

   “Yuck, kadiri ka! So, bakit nga?” Hindi ko na lamang pinansin ang kaniyang nakakatawang reaksyon dahil gusto ko ng umuwi at makapag-pahinga.

   “Nothing, there’s just something shit that made me stop here. A bedraggling one. Kahit kailan talaga ang gagago!” Saad ko at deretsong lumabas ng field.

   “Huy, gaga ka! Huwag mong lahatin, matino ako!” Sigaw nito dahil nakalayo na ako sa kaniya. I thought he would follow me, pero hindi. I just raised my thumbs up at deretso lang sa paglalakad.

   Yes, he knows what I mean. And yes, hindi siya katulad ng iba. Matino siya, I just can't find myself loving him more than just a friend. Masaya akong kaibigan ko siya, at sapat na sa akin na hanggang doon lang ang tingin ko sa kaniya. Hindi naman problema, kase tanggap niya din.

   He loves me even though he knows I can’t reciprocate it, that is pure. 

Hindi sa lahat ng panahon,
Ay umaayon sa atin ang     pagkakataon,
Kaya’t dapat handa tayo sa mga darating na hamon,
Harapin natin ito, upang tayo’y hindi mabaon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126M 3.1M 49
Keeley accidentally swaps cell phones with a rivaling high school's star quarterback. Unable to switch back until a week later, she must interact wit...
620K 2.4K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
65.9K 1K 21
Book #2 of the love series "π‘˜π‘’π‘’π‘ π‘”π‘œπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘Žπ‘™π‘’π‘ π‘ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘œ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ π‘π‘Žπ‘π‘˜ π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘’" Maeve grew up be...
133K 5.7K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...