A Spoil Of War || Aemond Targ...

WindSpirittt tarafından

What started out as harmless feelings... Turned to being A Spoil Of War. | A Dark!Aemond Targaryen x OC story... Daha Fazla

s u m m a r y
I. The (bastard) Daughter Of Rhaenys Targaryen
II. Hands In Marriage
III. Betrayal
IV. Who You Belong To
V. Fight or More Like Flight
VI. Dragon Songs
VII. The One-Eyed Monster
VIII. The Royal Feast
X. Issa Princess
XI. Defiled

IX. The Old King Is Dead, Long Live The Queen

432 12 0
WindSpirittt tarafından

|| Song reference in the title!!

"AEREA, TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

"Mother, I swear to all the Gods out there," Aerea held her chest that was beating so fast, "I didn't ask to end the marriage pact with Lucerys. I actually like that boy..."

Rhaenys noticed something was off, "what happened?"

Aerea looked at her in alert, "what do you mean?"

"You have been shaking this whole conversation, shaking in a way I've never seen you be like before," she points out, "what happened?" She questioned more sternly this time.

Aerea shook her head, "I... I cannot, I cannot," she wants so badly to tell her mother, but, she already regrets telling Rhaena. Who knows what could happen to her now... 

Rhaenys gently touches her daughter's face who flinches at the contact, "you're terrified, why? I can protect you, Aerea, I promise you that."

Aerea turns away from her mother for the first time and decides not to talk to her, she just crosses her arms and looks downward.

Rhaenys looks down as well but then says, "I'm staying in Kingslanding an extra day," Aerea looks at her at that, "I don't expect you to stay with me, do not worry," she reassures, "I just want to make sure Viserys is alright."

"Maybe..." No, no, no, no, no, no. "I should stay too..."

"My dearest daughter," she kisses her head, "I do not need your protection, you should go to Dragonstone with the others tonight, take Sunset with you, and bond with her more."

Aerea likes that idea way better than staying as she slowly nods, "okay... Okay."

AEREA WALKS WITH RHAENA TO THE SHIP.

Rhaena held her arm close as Aerea appreciated her support.

Sunset sat on her shoulder sitting up and looking around at everyone who wanted to gaze at the baby dragon.

"Are you ready to leave this dreadful city?" Aerea asked Rhaena.

Rhaena smiles and nods, "as ready as you are. And hope to the Gods, we'll never come back."

"Aerea?"

They both turned quickly to the sound of Criston Cole's voice.

Aerea backs up immediately, knowing the only time he shows up is by Aemond's call, but this time is different...

"I wished to see you off safely," Criston told her.

Aerea crosses her arms, "why? Did he ask you?"

Criston looks over at Rhaena who glared at him and Aerea spoke up, "you can trust Rhaena, she knows, and before you run off to your owners," she growls, "she's loyal and not to mention not a monster."

Criston cast a smile at her, "good. You need someone you can trust. I hope one day you can see that you can trust me."

"No offense but not bloody likely," Aerea told him, holding a grudge against the Knight.

"Fair enough," he then pulls out a medium-wrapped package, "a parting gift," he hands it over to her, "it's not poisoned, Princess."

"I'm not a-" Aerea sighs, "ugh, fine," she takes it.

As she opens it and sees a red and black dress, "I thought you'd be more comfortable in your House colors."

She blinked staring at it, Rhaena did as well, both girls confused.

"Have a safe trip home, Aerea," Criston bows his head and walks away.

"Okay, what the fuck?" Aerea asked Rhaena.

Rhaena shook her head taking her hand and pulling her onto the ship, "I don't like it."

"What do you mean?" Aerea asked.

"He's a Kingsguard and acted as if he was a normal Knight giving a Lady a gift," Rhaena tries to explain, "just like... A courtship gift."

"Are you mad?" Aerea's eyes bugged out of her head, "for one, he is practically owned by the Hightower Queen and her children. Including Aemond. He may have been kind to me but I do not think he has those intentions."

"Maybe, maybe not," Rhaena held her hand tightly, "good thing we aren't coming back here."

AEREA HAD CHANGED INTO WHAT SER CRISTON GAVE HER:

As she walked out onto the deck, Rhaena caught sight of her and stopped to stare before snapping out of it, "yup."

"What?" Aerea asked.

"He definitely fancies you," Rhaena comments.

Aerea rolls her eyes, "why? Because of this dress?"

"You gotta see yourself in it, Aerea," she told her seriously.

THEY ARRIVE AT DRAGONSTONE.

Aerea, still wearing the dress she was given, walks up the staircase with Rhaena beside her whilst holding Sunset who slept in her arms exhausted from all the sailing. 

That's when Daemon comes walking down in a hurry, "Rhaena," he pulls his daughter into a hug surprising the two of them, "I'm glad you are safe."

"Of course I am safe," Rhaena was confused, "why would we be?"

Daemon glances at Aerea who has the same questioning look, "well I guess you're fealties are with Rhaenyra?" He asked Aerea specifically, "answer me, now, girl."

"Uncle, I do not understand-"

Daemon puts his hand on his sword handle, showing that he is not willing to risk the threat, which makes her panic Sunset immediately begins to wake up from the feeling of Aerea's distress.

Sunset began to growl as she flapped her wings and hisses a screech at the Rogue Prince who only laughs, "I'm not some feeble craven drunken cunt Prince who cowers to a baby dragon that could be smashed to pieces easily," he told her finding what he said funny obviously.

Aerea backs up which makes him narrow his eyes, she immediately becomes panicky and to be honest kind of rambly, "I'm on my Aunt's side no matter what! The dress was something stupid, it won't happen again, I-"

"Father, stop!" Rhaena snaps at him, "I trust Aerea, more than most," he looks at her, "she's on our side. Now what is this about?"

Daemon was quiet, "King Viserys is dead."

Aerea's heart drops, "what?"

"It happened the night we left," Daemon whispers.

Rhaena and Aerea share a look.

"So Rhaenyra is the Queen now, right?" Aerea asked needing confirmation before her mind realized, "wait- My mother was in-"

"She was," Daemon nods, "she came back with Meyles yesterday."

"Thank the Gods..."

"There's more," Rhaena guesses, "isn't there?"

Daemon sighs and nods.

AEREA ENTERS THE COUNCIL ROOM where Queen Rhaenyra stands at the table of a map with her sons... Aerea couldn't imagine being that strong. Being able to stand and do things after losing your baby a few days before.

Aerea notes Viserys's crown on her head as she smiles, "Your Grace," they all look over as she bows, "I am so sorry I missed the coronation."

Lucerys ran over and hugged her making her smile, "I am so glad you are safe."

"I thought you were mad at me," Aerea admits.

Luke shrugs, "water under the bridge, I'm just glad they didn't get you."

"I can't believe Alicent usurped the Throne," Aerea shook her head, "and for Aegon of all people?" She looks over at Rhaenyra, "what are you going to do?"

"We're still figuring that out."

That's when Rhaenys enters the room, she sighs in relief and ran to her daughter engulfing her into a hug, "my dearest daughter! Oh, thank the Gods," she touches her face, "you're okay?"

"Been okay until I realized how shit-like everything else has been to be honest," Aerea told her honestly, "but yeah... I'm okay."

Rhaenys kisses her head.

That's when a cane hit the ground and they looked over.

Aerea's eyes widened and smile appeared on her face, "father!"

She runs and hugs Corlys as hard as she could even though he was still injured and groaned in pain, "oh!" She jumps back, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

"I just groaned, dear girl," Corlys smiles, "I didn't say stop," she smiles tears in her eyes as she hugs him gentler and he hugs her back.

"So it seems," Aerea pulls out of the hug looking at her family, "I missed a lot. Anything I need to be updated on?"

"YOU NEED ALLIES."

"Yes but-"

"I want to help," Aerea urges.

Lucerys was very unsure about this idea.

So was Rhaena, probably equally so with Luke, the two worried for her differently.

Aerea gave the Queen a look, "please, Your Grace, of late I've felt... Like a victim. I hate that feeling, I am a Targaryen, and that comes with a certain type of strength. I must do this."

She had told them everything now that she had Rhaenyra as Queen. Her parents were livid, Lucerys was beyond angry, and Rhaenyra promised Aemond would be punished.

"You have nothing to prove," Corlys tried to tell her.

"It's not about that," Aerea shook her head, "give me the chance to bring Lord Baratheon into the fold. If I take too long, send Luke after me, but I don't believe the Baratheons would betray us. We share blood."

Rhaenys and Corlys were completely against the idea.

But Rhaenyra was thinking back to when she was younger. She wanted this chance once too, but was denied, and she went anyway. She just sighs, "okay, but," they all look at her, "if there is any sign of danger you get straight back on that boat."

Aerea nods, "I will, Your Grace."

"At allow me to join her," Rhaena speaks up.

Aerea disagrees, "Rhaena, I am so grateful for how supportive you've been to me these last few weeks but I think I can do this one on my own."

Rhaena still seemed unsure.

Aerea touches her hand, "I'll be okay."

Rhaenyra nodded, "I will be needing your services, Rhaena," she told her stepdaughter, "I'm sure Aerea will be back in no time... Aerea," she faces the young girl with head held high, "I want you to go as a messenger, not a warrior, this is a diplomatic mission. Okay? Swear it."

Aerea kneels to her, "I swear it to the Old Gods and the New."

AEREA PREPARED HER SHIP as she brought all that would be needed.

That's when Sunset flew past her.

"Whoa, watch out, little one," she tells her dragon in Valyrian.

Sunset screeches at her as she flies around her making Aerea smile and laugh.

"Are you ready, Princess?" One of the men asked.

"Yes," Aerea straightened out her outfit:

"Aerea! Wait!"

Aerea turns on her heel to see Luke running towards her, "Luke?"

Luke got to her in time as he takes a deep breath for air, "I- I need to do one thing before I decide it's a bad idea," he told her.

Aerea tilts her head, "okay?"

Luke then looked down at her lips and she realized what he meant, "just tell me if you don't want this," he reassured. 

Aerea nods shakily.

Luke touches her face and she is unable not to feel Aemond's touch through it, she wants to move back, move period but she can't take her pain out on her betrothed, they'll be married once she returns...

Aerea took a deep breath before leaning in as well and they kissed.

It's a soft one... One she's foreign to. Even when she kissed Aemond when she was younger, his kiss was different than Luke's. Rougher, is more demanding, mixed with an insane obsession that he thinks is love.

Luke was a gentle kisser, gentle touch, and would be a good husband.

Aerea pulled out of it after a second, "thank you, Luke," she told him with a smile before stepping on the ship.

He backs up and allows them to sail off.

AEREA SAILS NOT FOR LONG.

Before she reaches Storm's End.

They met her at the dock, guards, she stepped off and spoke up, "I am Aerea of House Targaryen, I come with a message from the Queen."

The Soldiers simply nod when Sunset swoops down scaring some of them as she lands on Aerea's shoulder screeching at them. 

Aerea and her dragon are escorted into Storm's End.

Once inside, she gawked at the scenery that was Storm's End, and how finely the castle was built. How ancient House of Baratheon is, well, probably not as ancient as House Targaryen... She just ignores that thought. 

She reaches the throne room where Lord Borros Baratheon stood, his appearance made it obvious he was who he was, but he was talking to someone looking serious.

Aerea tilts her head not able to make out who is in front of him just as the soldiers announce her.

"The Princess Aerea of House Targaryen, daughter of Princess Rhaenys Targaryen," they announce.

Borros turns swiftly as he raises an eyebrow, she sighs at the name Princess but ignores the need to correct them as she steps up, "Lord Borros, I come with a proposal from the Queen Rhaenyra Of House Targaryen..."

She trails off as the other person faces her as well.

He's immediately recognizable and a pit gathers in her stomach.

AEMOND TARGARYEN STOOD THERE WITH HIS SMIRK.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

68.3K 2.2K 27
"You have no idea of the effect you have on me. While he was dancing and flirting with you, I was standing aside, watching from the shadows, contempl...
53.8K 1.7K 23
Tragedy and romance are two sides of the same coin. *AN AEMOND TARGARYEN x OC ROMANCE* season 1: FINISHED season 2: coming soon
17.4K 382 24
𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓼 This story happened a long time ago. It is already over. Nothing can be done to change it. It is a story of return and l...
73.9K 1.7K 32
-----> "𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧, 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁...