𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞...

By queen_coc0nut

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫 # ⚠️✈️🕊️ -', ༄ ❪ 𝙶𝙰𝙻𝙴 𝙲𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌... More

𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐀 𝐄 𝐓 𝐇
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ── 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐓𝐇🕊️
𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄 ━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐮𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐀... 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥?!
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝟖𝟗𝐭𝐡...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 & 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 - 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐉𝐨𝐠 & 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐦...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐳 & 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐠𝐬 & 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐲𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐤-𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐃𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 & 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲...(𝐦!𝐝𝐨𝐦)
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲... (𝐟!𝐝𝐨𝐦)
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧, 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐟𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐌ü𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧...
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ── 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑🕊️
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐄𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐚𝐫...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐠...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧' 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐚𝐫 :(
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐒𝐧𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐁𝐁𝐂 = 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲...
𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧...

920 36 13
By queen_coc0nut

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 — 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳
𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳...

— ˢᵗᵉᵛᵉ ᴹᵃʳᵃᵇᵒˡⁱ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS 3 IN THE MORNING ON JUNE 25TH, 1943, WHEN THE BLOODY HUNDREDTH HAD BEEN ASSIGNED THEIR FIRST OFFICIAL MISSION... With thousands of hours of flight training back in the States, they had to believe that they were prepared; but deep down, they all knew that they were not. Physically, they were unmatched, the pinnacle of prowess. Yet mentally, they stood on the precipice, unshielded from the icy grasp of mortality's embrace. No amount of words or fanciful daydreams could steel them for the impending onslaught awaiting above. After all, there's no substitute for the lessons taught by experience.

"Sir... Sir, you're flying today." Whispered a guard, sent to wake the senior officers up. "Major Cleven, sir." He shook the blonde awake. Without another word, the man rose from his bed, quickly tidying up before heading to the restrooms to freshen up. He took not more than 10 minutes to get ready, before marching to the Infirmary to check up on his fellow commander. To his surprise, y/n was nowhere to be seen. 'Guess she must be flying today; she is, after all, a very formidable leader.'  He frowned, acknowledging that he couldn't perpetually shield her, for she possessed the strength to safeguard herself.  Their purpose, after all, was to defend the nation; not each other... 

However, contrary to his assumption, the girl found herself in the commanding officer's office, engaged in a fervent debate about their upcoming mission. "I wouldn't have assumed I'd need to explain to you the gravity of your responsibilities." Sighed the Colonel. "You are aware that this isn't just about how well your crews make their beds, right?" He scoffed, trying to justify his reasons behind the unforeseen reduction in her position. "I am, sir — which is why I prioritize their flying and security more than their folding and sobriety." She reinstated boldly, making no attempt to conceal her profound disappointment.

"You are in-charge of 1 of the 35 planes we have in total. That's 10 skilled aircrewmen under your command. Boys who have yet to mature to a level wherein they finally see you as something more than... let's just say a dishwasher. Their words, not mine." The man explained. "Their lives depend on your orders and discipline; and to obey whatever you tell them, they need to look up to you first." He affirmed. "Yes, sir. I'm aware." Said the girl, surrendering her emotions to take a more practical approach. "With all due respect, Colonel, when you first recruited me, I was promised everything you just said; and I signed up after thorough analysis of the pros and cons."

Savoring a sip of scalding coffee, Huglin acknowledged her perspective. The abruptness of the decision felt unjust to all involved. Yet, he understood the paramount importance of preserving unity for the team's inaugural mission. Each member of the 100th was vested in its success —a fact he couldn't afford to overlook. "Colonel LeMay has us in his sights. He, as I'm sure you must've already noticed, isn't as open-minded as one would expect a man of his qualifications to be." The brunette said. "He's just itching to pull the trigger on the 100th Bomb Group, and allowing a lady to lead an entire squadron would simply offer him an opportunity to unleash his prejudice."

Collapsing into her seat, waves of frustration emanating from her very being, the girl struggled to articulate the myriad conflicts raging within. She begrudgingly conceded his argument, understanding full well the arduous path she chose by joining the Bomb Group. However, the bitter taste of overnight injustice was a burden she could scarcely bear. "I understand what hearing this on such a short notice must be like for you, Major. I really do. Yet, as the commanding officer, it falls upon me to ensure the mission's success, regardless of the challenging decisions I must make to achieve it." Huglin deadpanned.

"Besides, doc reported to me that you had fallen prey to a minor concussion yesterday? How's that treating you." He changed the topic. "Headache's better but still not gone. Nurse Linda said I was fit to fly provided I take all my medications on time — which I did, right after waking up." y/n informed. "I did vomit a little all night long, but doc said it was normal and that it will improve over the course of this week." She added. "Hmm, I see." He mumbled to himself, deep in thought. "I'll see what can be done with you. You are, after all, too precious to the team and can't be restricted to meaningless desk jobs when we already have more than capable people dealing with that for us."

A glimmer of hope ignited within her, her once dull y/e/c eyes brightening at his reassuring words. "Please join the rest of the crew for breakfast, Major l/n. I will have someone inform you if any adjustments are made." He mused. "Dismissed."

***

"Come on, Meatball, I'll see if I can get you any meatballs for breakfast today." Chuckled the girl, ruffling her furry companion's fluffy coat. After meeting with the Commanding Officer at 2 in the morning, she couldn't wait to just hop into bed and get some more sleep, until she realized that she couldn't, and that the guards were already scurrying around the entire base, waking up the crewmen. So, instead, she decided to march up to the ladies' quarters, which only comprised of the nurses and cooks. "Mornin' Aggie." She greeted the blonde, excusing herself as she went to the restroom to freshen up and take a cold shower to forget about the demotion.

As expected, it yielded no results, yet the biting chill of the icy winds against her drenched body provided a remarkably effective distraction. She then quickly got dressed before it was 3, and went to find Meatball to accompany her on her morning run. Her head was aching slightly more than before, but it was nothing a cup of coffee couldn't fix, she decided. By the time her run was over, she was bursting with energy, and since talking to the husky made her feel so much lighter, she was in a mood better than ever for the longest of time. When she saw the other men head towards the dining hall, she too decided to join them, along with the dog.

Since it was Mission Day, breakfast was going to be slightly different. The meal roughly consisted of eggs, French toast, flapjacks, double rations of bacon, fresh grapefruit juice, and a couple of cups of GI coffee. "But no meatballs, unfortunately." She sighed at the confused doggy. 'The fuck is she on about this time? Weirdo...'  The men would come to call it their last supper, hence the special meal, but with a queue that huge and the eggs that ancient, y/n just decided to stick to her regular. Toast and some coffee with this super revolting nutrition shake Helen usually made for her every time she'd feel like skipping breakfast.

It was essentially a concoction of eggs, porridge, and occasionally potatoes. The flavor was horrid, but it provided her with all the essential nutrients she needed in half the time it took others to consume their meals. "The usual, please." y/n requested, walking straight into the kitchen. "I'll get it right to ya." Klaus assured, walking over to Helen, to give the raven l/n's order. "Thanks bud, I owe ya." She smiled sweetly, excusing herself, roaming around the cafeteria, looking for a vacant spot with at least a few familiar faces. Unfortunately, for her, Bucky was nowhere to be seen. "Hey, Major- Over here!" Smiled Biddick, inviting her to their table.

"So, are you not hungry?" Quinn then inquired, noticing naught but a cup of coffee placed before her. "Give her a break. It's only 3:30 AM." Scoffed Jack, sleep deprived and forever grumpy. "Please don't tell me you're having that disgusting drink again." Groaned Pipsqueak, truly disgusted by that concept. "Hey, it saves time." She shrugged, explaining to the others what it really was. "Ew, god that sounds repulsive." Gagged a few. "I mean, I'd like to give it a try." Chuck supported, rather supportive of the idea. "Well, before that, could you pass the salt, please?" Requested the blonde. 

As the clumsy man reached his hand out for it, he suddenly sneezed, knocking it down. The entire table went dead silent. "Uh oh- He spilled the salt." Sighed a superstitious member. "Yep, we're fucked." Chuckled a few others. "Would you please toss the salt over your shoulder, so we can all get on with our breakfast?" Sighed Quinn. Consumed by embarrassment and fear, the man obeyed, hurling the salt over his shoulder with a swift motion, sending it flying onto the adjacent table. "Hey, who did that?" Cried a soldier. "Jesus!" Exclaimed a few others. "Watch it, asshole." They cursed the guy, making the entire squad burst out laughing.

"What a moron." The girl snickered as they all began teasing the flustered brunette. "Not the whole thing, Chuck." Snapped Jones, already expecting their mission to be doomed. "Doesn't bring us bad luck." Jake assured his pessimistic friend. "You said toss the salt." Said Chuck, making the girl let out a laugh. "He said toss the salt!" The rest of the meal was silent, as the girl grimly sipped on her drink, until finally a familiar blonde approached them, taking a seat in front of her and next to Curt. "Curt, I'm flying with you today." He informed the brunette. "You are?" He asked, confused. 

"Sorry, Dick. I know that puts you in the tail, but at least you'll be able to shoot back." The blonde spoke to the disappointed co-pilot. "It's alright, as long as I get to be a part of the team." The man brushed it off. "Is Meatball saddling up?" He then asked the girl who fed the dog along with Demarco. "Lemmons of Wink will watch him. Major doesn't recommend taking him up there for missions." Answered the brunette on her behalf. "You don't wanna go on this one, buddy. I promise you." She smiled at the dog as Buck patted his snowy back. "Well, I better get some of those eggs before they're all gone." The man was about to excuse himself.

"Nah, don't bother, Gale. Those ones were hatched and powdered long before your balls dropped." Mused the girl, gulping down her disgusting concoction after thanking Helen for the meal. "Amen to that." Sighed Demarco, not a fan of the food either. "The hell is that?" Buck asked instead, a bit concerned by the color of the girl's potion. "Trust me, Major, you don't wanna know." Sighed Biddick. "Morning, boys." Settled down Veal with a plate full of eggs and bacon and no toast. "Major Veal, morning sir." Greeted the crew. "Major, l/n." The man acknowledged. "Veal." The girl reciprocated with a polite nod of her own. "How'd you sleep? Heard you hurt your head." He questioned out of courtesy. 

"Oh, like a fucking baby." She deadpanned, not making an attempt to disguise her dark circles. "So, Major... Is the new CO flying with us today?" Asked Horten, excited about the mission. "The new CO, or the new new CO?" Jack corrected, making the table snicker. "Don't worry about the CO, worry about your flying." Veal snapped, not ready to take the lead all of a sudden. He was supposed to be the co-pilot on y/n's crew; not the main pilot on his own. That was too much pressure on such short notice. "I want a formation so damn tight, you wouldn't be able to slip a dime through our wingtips." He ordered. "Yes sir..." Everyone nodded, beginning to discuss about the bizarre changes.

"Speaking of changes, y/n... You're uh, you're supposed to be with me-"

(2k words)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 1.7K 22
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 '𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄' 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐁𝐡𝐚𝐠𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐞...
2.8K 48 11
[ 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘭 ' 𝘣𝘪𝘵 ] [ 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘭 ' 𝘣𝘪𝘵 ] [ 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘭 ' 𝘣𝘪𝘵 ] [ 𝘖𝘩, 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘧 �...
8.2K 253 9
☏ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 ☏ ☏ 𝐀 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭_𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐳 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 ☏ 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 × 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬 ☏ 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐜�...
7.5K 140 20
"𝐔𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐬"𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐚𝐫. ...