๐ˆ ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐Š๐๐Ž๐–...

By Eternqls

โŒ— ๐ˆ ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– โ In which a girl from Minnesota takes advice from Hollywood's future bad boy... More

๐ˆ ๐Š๐๐Ž๐– ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐Š๐๐Ž๐–
Prologue
โ”โ” ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๏ธ™Opportunities.
๐ข. The Auditions.
๐ข๐ข. Late Night Talking.
๐ข๐ข๐ข. Southern Nights.
๐ข๐ฏ. Unexpected Proposal.
๐ฏ. See You Soon.
โ”โ” ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๏ธ™Hollywood's Dead.
๐ฏ๐ข. Welcome to LA!
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. Mother Mother.
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. Out of Tune.
๐ข๐ฑ. Palm Woods Serenity.
๐ฑ. A Smoke and a Stroll.
๐ฑ๐ข. Stage Etiquette.
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. Lyricism.

๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. 12 days.

165 10 4
By Eternqls

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Twelve | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

The next day...

AFTER WHAT OCCURRED at lunch yesterday, Kimberly made the decision to isolate herself in her room. She had no interest in dealing with the boys, and just wanted some time alone to reflect on the next couple of days.

The next twelve days, to be more specific.

Time was ticking at the palm woods, as she and Mindy had to create 4 demo songs to present to the owner of Rocque Records, Arthur Griffin. It was going to be a challenge, moreso for her than Mindy, but she was willing to put in the effort for her friend.

With a sigh, she remove the sheets off of her and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. 

After she freshened up, she went in the living room to grab herself some snacks.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

IN THE LIVING room, Kimberly found herself momentarily distracted by the laughter of Mindy, James and Carlos. They were discussing some new dance moves they had been practicing. 

Despite her desire to remain isolated, Kimberly couldn't help but feel a pang of longing for the camaraderie she was missing out on.

"Hi," she announced. 

"Hi Kim!" Mindy greeted with enthusiasm. 

James, sensing the tension, cleared his throat awkwardly. "Hey, Kim," he said, his tone more subdued than usual. "Uh, listen, about yesterday..."

Kimberly's heart skipped a beat as she braced herself for what was to come. She had been dreading this moment, knowing that an apology was inevitable after the events of lunch.

"I just wanted to say sorry," James continued, his expression sincere. "For the things Carlos and I said."

"We didn't mean to upset you or your dad." Carlos admitted. "It was out of line, and we should have been more considerate."

Kimberly felt a wave of relief wash over her as she listened to James and Carlos' apology. Despite her anger and frustration, she knew that holding onto grudges would only weigh her down. And deep down, she knew that James and Carlos hadn't meant any harm with their remarks.

"It's okay," she replied, her voice softening. "I appreciate the apology."

James nodded, a grateful smile spreading across his face. "Thanks, Kim," he said, his tone sincere.

Just as the tension began to dissipate, a notification pinged on everyone's phones, drawing their attention. Kimberly glanced down at her phone to see an email from Gustavo, requesting their presence in the recording studio.

"Well, it looks like Gustavo wants to see us," Mindy remarked, breaking the brief moment of peace.

"Yeah... all of us." Kimberly hesitated. 

Kimberly furrowed her brow, confusion clouding her thoughts. It seemed odd to her that Gustavo would want to see all of them at the same time. After all, she and Mindy were the ones tasked with creating the demo songs for Arthur Griffin. What could the boys possibly have to do with their meeting?

"Doesn't that seem a bit strange?" Kimberly voiced her thoughts, glancing around at the others for confirmation.

Mindy shrugged, her expression mirroring Kimberly's uncertainty. "Yeah, it does," she agreed, furrowing her brow in confusion. "I wonder what Gustavo wants with all of us."

James exchanged a puzzled glance with Carlos, his brow furrowing in thought. "Maybe he wants to discuss our dance routine?" he suggested, though even he seemed unconvinced by the idea.

Kimberly nodded slowly, though the unease in her stomach lingered. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Gustavo's request than met the eye. But for now, all they could do was follow his instructions and see what he had in store for them.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

"12 DAYS"

Gustavo's booming voice echoed through the recording studio, causing everyone to snap to attention. Mindy and Kimberly exchanged confused glances as they sat nervously on one side of the room, while James, Carlos, Logan, and Kendall huddled together on the other side.

"In 12 days, Griffin is coming here to discuss who gets a contract with Rocque Records. Only one of you groups will get it. ONE!"

Mindy bit her lip anxiously, while Kimberly fidgeted with her hair. Meanwhile, James smirked confidently, flanked by his bandmates who wore matching determined expressions.

Kendall stepped forward, his eyes locked with Gustavo's. "So, what's the plan? We gotta work hard and show him what we've got, right?"

Gustavo leaned back in his chair, eyeing Kendall with a mixture of skepticism and annoyance. "Of course, you gotta work hard! You think success just falls into your lap like raindrops? No! You gotta earn it! And you better believe Griffin won't settle for anything less than the best."

Logan raised his hand hesitantly. "Um, what if both groups are really good? Will both of us get the contract?"

Gustavo shot Logan a withering glare. "Listen Einstein, that's not how it works in the music industry. Griffin wants the best, and only the best!"

Mindy raised her hand tentatively, her voice wavering as she spoke. "And what about us? What's our plan?"

Gustavo's gaze shifted to Mindy and Kimberly, a scowl forming on his face. "You two? You better figure out how to stand out, because the competition is fierce. And I mean FIERCE!"

James scoffed, "You guys are never gonna get that contract," James scoffed as he flipped his hair.

Mindy's cheeks flushed with anger, but before she could retort, Kelly entered the room, carrying a stack of papers.

"Okay, everyone, let's get down to business. Mindy and Kimberly, you have 12 days to come up with four demo songs that showcase your unique style and talent. And James, Carlos, Logan, and Kendall, you need to step up your game and show Griffin why you deserve that contract."

Gustavo nodded approvingly at Kelly's words, his eyes darting between the two groups. "Yeah, and I'm only gonna say this once. I'll work with both groups, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Griffin's the one with the final say, got it?"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

As the two groups filed out of Gustavo's office, tensions hung thick in the air. Mindy and Kimberly shared a determined glance, knowing they had a lot of ground to cover in just 12 days. Meanwhile, James, Carlos, Logan, and Kendall huddled together, already brainstorming ideas for their next big hit.

With Griffin's visit looming just around the corner, the pressure was on for both groups to prove themselves worthy of that coveted Rocque Records contract. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 298 31
Its Katie's birthday and all she wants in the world is to meet her favorite band of all time, Big Time Rush. Her sister, who is 10 years older than h...
68.6K 1.1K 65
"๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž..." ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐š๐ง๐ง๐ž ๐“๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐‹๐จ๐ ๐š๐ง ๐Œ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž...
114K 3.1K 55
When four hockey playing best friends from Minnesota get the opportunity of a life, they take it and go Big Time. They are chosen by the Gustavo Rocq...
474K 13.7K 40
"i say now let's play a game i betcha I can make a rhyme out of anybody's name." or you'll see the big time life of small town girl gabriela machado ...