Exit Wounds | Noah Sebastian

By Broken_Halo_21

Delaney and Noah hate each other.. don't they? A story in which a girl meets a boy that makes her feel wild a... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R

T W E N T Y

643 22 48
By Broken_Halo_21

Five years later

I bet you are wondering what the hell happened here huh?

Noah and his band mates went to that interview, and Finn and I went to Mexico. Finn and I were completely unplugged from the world the whole time we were out to sea, enjoying being away from the world have having quality time with my parents.

Finn and I drank, and ate, and dressed up for five straight days. We each had a different costume for every night, because go big or go home. On actual Halloween, we spent the day on the beach, taking shots of tequila and getting tan. I went as aunt Polly, Finn went as Tommy.

We had a great time, but I missed Noah. I would have never dreamed of asking him to reschedule his meeting though, and I couldn't have been more happy for him.

When we got back, however, everything had changed. Noah and the guys had moved to Los Angeles to record their album. Noah had left me a long handwritten note to find when I got home.

Laney,

I'm so sorry to do this to you, but we got an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. I'm not selling the house, but we are going to be in LA indefinitely. I want you to stay, rent free, and take care of things until I return. I can't believe this is happening so fast, and that I won't be here when you get back. I hope you had a good time on your trip, and I do hope your parents know how sorry I am that I missed meeting them. I'm so conflicted here, Delaney, and I hope you aren't too mad at me. I will try to call you once I think you've had time to read this. I understand if you want to sever ties here, but know that's not what I want. I won't ask you to wait around for me, I know your life is there and my life is here now. Thank you, so much for opening my eyes. If this is goodbye, know I won't ever forget you or how you make me feel.

Love,
Noah 

Letting Noah go was the hardest thing I've ever done. I did answer his call when he called and we stayed friendly for a month or two, but his schedule was demanding, and I didn't want to hold him back.

I have kept up with him over the years, his band became huge. They sell out arenas all over the world. They came to Bridgestone once, and I almost went. The band eventually parted ways with one of the members, but the other guys still seemed like they weren't stopping any time soon.

He cut his hair off two years ago, I though I would hate it, but it seems it's impossible for him to look bad.

I thought it was hard not checking social media for updates on Caleb. Trying to ignore what Noah was doing when his face was everywhere was a thousand times worse. He was on the cover of magazines, on every gossip website, and had tons of fan accounts despite him not using social media himself.

I was sad that we never got a chance to be, but I was so insanely proud of him. Every time I saw his name somewhere I was silently cheering him on. Finn still spoke with him, and they still got together when he was in town. Finn was kind enough to tell me when Noah was in town, and I wouldn't leave my flat until he was gone.

I couldn't stay in Noah's house, it didn't feel right. I needed a clean break from Noah, so I stayed the weekend and went downtown for my own flat. I could barely afford it, but I was just on the green side of being house broke.

I wasn't doing bad either, my blog kept growing and evolving, and I still focused heavily on Nashville, but I traveled a lot too. I was actually getting ready to go to Los Angeles, and I couldn't be more excited. I would be traveling alone, but I wasn't scared of being alone anymore.

I haven't been in a relationship since Caleb, I wasn't looking for one, but I sort of turned into Noah. I was having constant one night stands, and I wasn't ashamed, but I wasn't fulfilled either.

Finn was still my best friend, but he got married last year. She's a lovely girl, Ashley, and I consider her my best friend too. It's nice to have someone to go shopping with, and talk about girl things with. We clicked instantly, and I cried at their wedding. I gained a sister in her, and I was so happy for them.

She goes out with Finn and Noah sometimes and reports back to me, things only a girl would pick up on. Hearing about his success makes me happy, even now when I haven't spoken to him in years. Finn tells me he still asks about me too, but things are better this way.

I hear he's dating a model, Camille or something, and I've seen them in photographs together. She's very pretty. Finn thinks they're getting pretty serious. While I am very happy for him, I still have to ignore the pang of emotion his name still gives me.

I finish putting my things into a carryon and make sure to slip my passport into my purse.

There's a knock on my door and I know it's Finn. He's taking me to the airport. I let him in and he's rubbing his eyes sleepily. I should have just called a cab, but this is what friends are for.

"Ready to go?" He asks. I was hoping Ashley would be with him but she's not.

"Yep," I say, grabbing my purse and suitcase.

"Are you sure you want to spend Christmas all by yourself?" He asks when we get to the airport.

I had never been more sure, "yes Finn, I'll see you in two weeks," I kiss his cheek and he helps me get my bag.

It's the middle of the night, I've learned I like flying at night best. It takes no time to get through security. I grab a sugary coffee, I only have around thirty minutes before they start boarding.

There's not many people here, and I'm thankful as I call my mom.

"Top of the morning to you," she says on an awful British accent.

"You are so weird," I laugh at her.

"You all ready for your trip?" She asks, back in mom mode.

"Yes, they're about to board," I tell her.

"I love you, let me know when you land!"

"Love you."

"Now Boarding first class to LAX"

I gather my bags and line up, I get crazy discounts for airlines now. I don't splurge on short trips, but I'll be traveling for 5 hours and I want to be comfortable.

There's six of us, we all pick out our seats, and there's enough room for each of us to have a window seat alone, except for the few couples that want to sit with each other.

A stewardess brings champagne over, and I decide to indulge, because I've never been on a flight this long.

I put in my headphones, turning the music up as loud as I can stand it. I was still pretty terrified of flying.

I take my headphones out long enough to hear the attendants going over safety protocol, and shove them back in.

A man slides into the seat beside me at the last minute. I smile at him briefly and turn back to the window. He looks familiar, with his black hair and ice blue eyes. He's covered in tattoos, but his face is kind.

He's kind enough to wait until we completely at altitude, and the seat belt sign has gone off to tap me on the shoulder.

I pull one headphone out and look at him, "hmm?"

"I'm sorry to bother you, but you look really familiar."

I chuckle uneasily, his eyes look at the headphones blaring metal, "I thought the same thing about you, are you a Nashville native or just visiting?"

I pause the song and pull the other headphone out.

"I lived here for a while, but I'm from Los Angeles. I'm just heading home." He pauses then starts again, "what's with the music?"

"I'm terrified of flying, loud music calms me," I shrug.

"I like that, so what about you?"

"I've lived here my whole life, I have a popular blog, maybe you've gotten a restaurant recommendation from me."

"Maybe," he says, but doesn't look convinced. "Where are you headed?"

"Santa Monica, I'm staying in a boutique hotel by the water, and I absolutely can't wait. I sound like a total nerd, sorry."

"Wanting culture in your life isn't nerdy, it's sophisticated," he chuckles. His voice is thick with bass and slow, it adds to his overall image.

"Yeah, I like that, sophisticated," I smile at him. "I'm going to try to get some sleep so I don't lose my whole first day, it was nice talking to you."

"Likewise."

I put my headphones back in and turn the sound down, changing the music to something softer.

I wake to the captain speaking, embarrassingly I've fallen asleep on the attractive stranger next to me, his head is resting on mine. He hasn't stirred yet, so I gently squeeze his thigh. He jolts up and looks over at me.

"It looks like we've slept together now and I don't even know your name," I joke.

"Nicholas," he says jutting his hand for me to shake.

"Delaney," I say taking his hand.

"I hope to see you around, Delaney," he says, and it's time for us to get off. Me too.

I'm exhausted despite the hours I got to sleep. I wheel my bags to the closest bathroom. I relieve myself and brush my hair and my teeth with a disposable toothbrush.

I find a Starbucks, grab a hot coffee and breakfast find a table next to a window. It's only 4am here, the sky is dark, but I'm excited. I take my time with my drink and food and head to where the Uber's are waiting. A few years ago I couldn't eat a meal alone, let alone travel alone.

Noah helped me grow so much, and I think that's the biggest reason he will always have a place in my heart. I never stopped going on adventures.

Finn Ashley and myself hiked the Fiery Gizzard over the summer and camped overnight. It's an intense trip, and there wasn't anyone I wanted to tell about that trip more than Noah. I like to think he would be proud of who I have become too.

I try not to be annoyed with the traffic, but why are so many people out at 4:30 in the morning.  The short, 8 mile drive takes us almost 45 minutes and I try to remember that this is a trial for living here permanently. The driver looks like Danny DeVito and talks the whole ride.

Danny DeVito helps me collect my bags and tells me to have a good trip.  I can't make out much of my hotel, but it's large and looks like it belongs on a coast in Italy.  When I walk in there are wall to wall windows, I can see the dining room and the veranda just passed the check in.

I had opted for an early check in because of my flight and luckily the room is ready for me.  I take my stuff to my room, an ocean front suite on the bottom floor.  The room looks like a small beach house instead of a hotel room, with wall to wall windows covered by white shutters, and white and blue linens.  I'll look at it more when I've had a nap, I shut all the blinds in the room and peel off my clothes before climbing into the huge bed.

When I wake, it's midday.  The sun is high in the sky and there's a ton of people on the beach already.  I have a few hours before my dinner reservation, so I put on my bikini, grab a book, and head to the water.

The sound of the waves mixed with the sound of families talking makes me feel a little more alive.  I'm glad I came out here instead of hiding in my room.  I sit in the sand at the edge of the tide and the water occasionally covers my feet and cools me down in the hot afternoon sun.

It's later afternoon when I make myself back inside.  My skin is a little pink from the sun when I pull off my bikini and get into the oversized shower.  I take my time, trying to shake off the last of the jet lag and when I get out I feel a little more human.

I curl my hair and put on red lipstick and dramatic winged liner, but nothing else.  I slip into a simple black dress with black pumps and make my way to the dining room.  The theme in here is also coastal, with wall to wall windows that overlooks the ocean.  I tell the host I have a reservation and she takes me to a table by the windows.

When the waiter comes by for my drink order I ask for a lavender cocktail that is on the menu.  He returns a few minutes later with my drink and I request a few minutes to look over the menu.  I drink my drink slowly as I go over the options and end up ordering fresh seafood.  I try not to glance around self consciously, but eating alone is still a little awkward for me, especially at a nice place like this.

When I ask for the bill, he tells me the meal has been comped. I thank him and leave a tip on the table, then head to the bar just across the hall.

There's a raucous group of girls, doing shots and dressed in feather boas. I perch myself on a barstool and ask for another craft cocktail. I chuckle to myself as I watch the girls. It looks like one of them is getting married.

"What is it about getting married that makes women lose their minds?" A voice quips from beside me.

"I have no idea, but hey, they're having a good time," I tell the petite brunette.

 "I hope I'm not being a bother, my boyfriend is running late and we have a dinner reservation," she comments.

"Not at all, I'm here by myself, I like the company," I sip my drink.  I realize I probably shouldn't have told this total stranger that I'm traveling alone, but I trust her for some reason.

"Where are you from?" she asks, leaning in a little to hear me over the bachelorette party.

"Nashville, are you local?"

"Transplant," she says, finishing her drink, "my boyfriend moved here five years ago and I followed him."

"I am here on a bit of a trial period, I'm thinking of moving to the area," I tell her, asking the bartender for another drink.

"Oh, that's my boyfriend," I turn to see a tall man with long dark hair and dark eyes, tattoos litter his skin and I can't help but think he looks familiar.  "It was nice meeting you!"

She rushes over to meet the man, pressing up to her toes to kiss him chastely.  She says a few things to him and I watch him look over to me, she's still talking with her hands and I see him nod before she comes back over.

"Hey, we are meeting some friends at a pub down the road tomorrow night, would you like to join us?"

"I would love that, I don't have anything planned for tomorrow."

"Great, Jameson's 9 o'clock."

I watch her rush back to her boyfriend, they link arms and disappear into the dinning room.  I finish my drink and head back to my room.  I change out of my dress and wash my face.  I take a few minutes and walk down to the beach, putting my feet on the wet sand and let the waves crash around my ankles.  There's something so therapeutic about being on the beach late at night.

When I can't hold my eyes open any longer I head back to my room and crawl into bed, thoughts of Noah dance heavily while I try to fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 436 36
in a world where you are born seeing black and white until you find your person. your soulmate. a gloomy looking world suddenly turns vibrant with o...
192 21 10
She has lived through many wars. Has seen technology develop and the world grow along with it. Yet, she often wonders what her true meaning is; why s...
2M 40.3K 47
"Nolan..." I say as his lips meet my neck. He gently kisses up and down my neck. "Stop." I say. "You're not my boyfriend, stop acting like it." "Oh k...
6.1M 147K 71
**FAIR WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS THERE, AND WORTH THE READ. IF YOU ARE OVERLY SENSITIVE, DO NOT READ...