Secrets of the mute

By 0cean_Waves17

⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS⚠️ *THIS BOOK CONTAINS A LOT OF MAJOR TRIGGERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!! Kalani and Kaleb... More

Secrets Of The Mute
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Changes
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
HELP!!!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 12

206 24 3
By 0cean_Waves17

Kalani ran up to her room as soon as they had arrived. She made sure to hide her things quickly in the closet before anyone could come in and see them. Once done she sat down on her bed and released a sigh of relief. She smiled to herself, happy that she could finally end things without anyone knowing what she had done. Her past will be erased and no one will suspect a thing.

However her smile faltered thinking about the negatives. How could she be so happy over the murder of an unborn child. More specifically her own unborn child. Guilt started to seep into her heart. How could she ever think of killing a baby. She wasn't any better than HIM. He had killed her previous babies just as they were conceived and now she's planning on doing the same. How could she be so cruel and selfish. Thinking about her own life instead of the baby.

Tears prickled in her eyes as her hands fell onto her stomach. The guilt only grew stronger. She could feel herself longing for the child. She started to wish she could keep it. The more she rubbed her belly the more she realised she actually wanted to keep her baby. Kalani wanted to become a mother to her baby. She had already lost her other children so she couldn't lose this one over her own selfish fears and needs.

She decided to take the test again just to make sure she was still pregnant. She knew she was but wanted reassurance. Just as she was about to get up and take the test, a knock came through the door. She quickly wiped her tears and smoothed out her hoodie. Seconds later Kaleb peered his head in. "Hey" he smiled walking over to her. She smiled and waved at him.

"So how was your little trip. They didn't do anything to upset you, right?" He sat beside her and grabbed her hands. She shook her head, gently squeezing his hands. She pulled away to grab his credit card out from her pocket and gave it back to him. "Did you end up buying something?" He asked.

"No, not really. Just some pads" she lied. "Oh.... Well did you eat something?" She shook her head in response. "I wasn't hungry." Again it was another lie. She didn't want to eat in fear of over eating or gaining weight. Kaleb sighed and grabbed her hands again. He looked deep into her eyes trying to read her.

"Lani?" He said hesitantly. She raised her brows acknowledging him. "It's been years, when are you planning on talking to me again. I want to hear my sister's voice. I miss it" her eyes widened at his request. She wasn't expecting that to be his question. "Just please tell me what happened. Why did you suddenly decide to do go mute? Had I done something wrong? If so please tell me. I'll do whatever I can to make things right again" Kalani could see the visible worry and concern in her twin's eyes.

She withdrew her hands and got up from the bed, turning her back to him. Tears weld up as she saw mini flashback of that day. "Kalani? Please." Kaleb begged standing up to reach her. She just stared at him wishing that she could just spit the words out, but she couldn't. The only thing she could do was fling her arms around him, pulling him in for a hug. He instantly responded by wrapping his arms around her. "Please Lani" he repeated.

Her heart tugged at his pleas. But she couldn't do anything. If she tells him what actually happened that day, he'd never look at her face again. Most likely get disowned by the only person she considers as her only true family.

She pulled out of the hug to type something. "Not right now, I promise to tell you when the time comes" Kaleb wasn't happy with that answer but didn't push it as it was better than nothing. He then smirked remembering the reason why he came to her room in the first place.

"I was thinking. Since there's still some time left before dinner, why don't you do my hair. Please." He smiled sweetly but Kalani only rolled her eyes at him. Of course he'd ask her to do his hair. Again. It's like that was the only thing she was useful for to him. But deep down she enjoyed it, it was kind of a way for them to spend time together and bond.

"You need a trim too, do you have your hair clipper?" Not only could she braid, she could also cut and trim hair. He ran to the door opened it and pulled in his hair equipment. "I came prepared but left it outside in case you refused" he grinned widely like an idiot. "When do I ever say no to you" she typed and smacked him lightly.

"Never because you're my favourite sister and you love me. Now come and do it for me" he pulled her in for a tight hug. She pushed him off shaking her head at him for being so eager over getting his hair done. "I'm your only sister" she replied.

Nevertheless she pointed towards her vanity table so he could sit. She got out her oils, brushes, combs, edge control and mousse. Kalani decided to do sideways cornrows for him with twists at the end. It didn't take her long to finish as his hair was already detangled and washed. Once done she plugged in the electric trimmer, cleaning up his front and sides as well as his beard. He had a goatee which needed some cleaning.

Kalani finished him off with her signature head smack she always does. "Ouch" he groaned. Kaleb then turned to have a good look at himself in the mirror. He smiled seeing that she did a good job, just like every other time. "Now that's my sis." He praised feeling his hair. "You did me real good. Now I'm back to looking nice and handsome." He stood up and ruffled her hair causing her to push him away.

"Go get changed while I clean this mess and we'll go down together" she instructed. "Sure, I'll come get you" he agreed and walked out. Like she said, she started cleaning and then changed her clothes as well since some of his hairs managed to get onto her. "I'm back" Kaleb knocked on the door then proceeded to enter. "Let's go" he ushered her. She grabbed her phone and followed him out.

"Not to boost your ego or anything but you should open up your own hair business in the future." Kaleb suggested as they made their way to the dining room. "Maybe. That's if I'm still good at it" she typed. "I'm sure you'll be" everyone's eyes turned to them as they entered.

"You're looking fresh" Jonathan commented. "Thanks. Kalani just done it" he replied taking a seat. "Isn't that what slaves back in the days used to have" Jerome muttered. "JEROME!" Gabriel said sternly. "Relaxed, I'm just kidding" he laughed.

"How was your day Kalani?" Vincenzo asked. She had her fork midway about to put the pasta in her mouth, so she just nodded and smiled. "Did Jerome and Jeremiah do anything to bother you?" He added on. Not needing to respond verbally, she just shook her head. "Good. Then you will be spending the day with them again tomorrow" Kalani was startled by the news that she started coughing uncontrollably.

"Woah relax. You good." Raphael handed her some water and moved his other hand to pat her back. Kalani hated the idea of being touched by others so she jerked his hand away however took the cup of water. She eventually calmed down and took a breather. "Sorry" she typed. The apology was meant for Raphael.

"As I was saying" Vincenzo continued. "You will be spending sometime with each other tomorrow as well. However this time you will stay at home. We will be gone for work. Giovanni, Jonathan and Kaleb will be going to spend time together" he finished off.

Kalani gulped. There's no way she was going to spend another day with them. Today was already too much to handle.

"What kind of stupid punishment is this now?" Jeremiah raised his voice. "It's not a punishment. I realised that you guys don't spend time with each other and I'm trying to sort that out. You all roam around this house like strangers. You're all siblings so you need to get to know each other" Jerome, Jeremiah and the twins were not happy about this.

"We are strangers" Jerome said. "You were but not anymore. You are siblings living under one roof now so act like it" Raphael said. "It's not that hard. I'm pretty sure Kalani is cool. Just spending a day with Kaleb made us realise how cool he was. Just give the girl a chance" Giovanni voiced his opinion. "I agree. The kids pretty cool" Jonathan chimed in. "We're only a year apart and I'm not a kid" Kaleb playfully glared at Jonathan. "Yeah yeah. Whatever, kid" Jonathan smirked.

"You try spending a whole day with a girl you know nothing about and on top of that she's mute" Jerome complained. Kalani lowered her head feeling like an inconvenient to other people.

"She's got a phone the she communicates to you with." Gabriel pointed out. "How would you feel hearing the voice of an annoying robot all the time" Jerome argued. "Doesn't matter. Get used to it" Vincenzo ordered. Jerome rolled his eyes and mumbled under his breath. "What was that?" Vincenzo asked. "Nothing" he grumbled.

"Hmm. That's what I thought."

                              ********

Hey my loves,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know what you think of this book so far.

And don't forget to vote, comment and share.

✌️.💋.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 827 23
Celestine was worried that after 10 years of living in misery in the end there really was no one to save her . At age 15 she was starting to give up...
303K 7.1K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
228K 4.4K 44
"My wings are broken. My halos cracked. The angels long dead. I'm a lost soul waiting to die out" (Loving Athena) After the abrupt and unexpected kid...
269K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...