𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞...

By queen_coc0nut

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫 # ⚠️✈️🕊️ -', ༄ ❪ 𝙶𝙰𝙻𝙴 𝙲𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌... More

𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐀 𝐄 𝐓 𝐇
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ── 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐓𝐇🕊️
𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄 ━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐮𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐀... 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥?!
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝟖𝟗𝐭𝐡...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 & 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 - 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐉𝐨𝐠 & 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐦...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐒𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐁𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐳 & 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐠𝐬 & 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐲𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐤-𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐃𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 & 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲...(𝐦!𝐝𝐨𝐦)
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲... (𝐟!𝐝𝐨𝐦)
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧, 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐟𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐌ü𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧...
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ── 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑🕊️
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐥...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐄𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐚𝐫...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐠...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧' 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐄𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐚𝐫 :(
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐒𝐧𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 - 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐁𝐁𝐂 = 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭...
𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐘...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 & 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...

843 37 11
By queen_coc0nut

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 — 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚛 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗  &  𝙰𝚠𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰
𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵...

— ˢᵗᵉᵛᵉ ᴹᵃʳᵃᵇᵒˡⁱ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DESPITE HER RELENTLESS RESISTANCE AND HOLLOW PROMISES THAT FELL ON DEAF EARS, the Major found herself draped over the shoulder of her skeptical ex-lover, who effortlessly carried her all the way to the infirmary. Initially attempting to struggle free, she quickly regretted her impulsive movements as searing pain shot up her spine, joining forces with the merciless throbbing in her head. "Gale, I'm fine for fuck's sake!" She protested as the man set her down, making her sit on the bed. "You were hit in the head with a fucking B-17, y/n. It's a miracle your cranium still intact." Scoffed the blonde, holding her down as she tried to get up and leave.

"That's because it was just a push!" She defended, her voice laced with defiance. "A push strong enough to cause blunt force trauma." He stated matter-of-factly, his tone unyielding. "We need a medic!" he called out, his voice cutting through the din, prompting bystanders to scramble for the doctors. "Major Cleven- Buck- I came here for Major l/n... Lemmons told me she was taken to the infirmary? I didn't realize her case was that serious!" Rushed in Thompson, barging into the tent outta literally no where. "It's not. I was leaving anyway." Scoffed the girl, glaring at the man who held her back against her will. "No, you're not. Not until the Doctor checks you out."

"Why?" She demanded, her tone sharp with defiance. "Because I suspect you might have a concussion, and leaving it untreated could lead to a disaster even bigger than today's." He replied calmly. "Bullshit. It was just a trickle of blood; besides, I haven't shown any signs of a concussion whatsoever." She countered, her voice tinged with frustration. "Well, I mean, you did lose your balance a couple of times earlier when I found you at the crash site. I'm no expert, ma'am, but temporary blackouts are a common symptom in minor concussions." Shrugged the engineer. 

"You little-" She began, her anger bubbling to the surface, ready to unleash a tirade, only to be interrupted by the blonde Major, who was all too familiar with her volatile temper. "Thanks for that information, Ed. I'll handle things from here." Gale assured the man, acknowledging his concern with a nod. "And please, do find the doctor if you happen to come across him." He added as the man exited the room, offering a heartfelt wish for the girl's swift recovery. "Or don't, because I don't need him." y/n said loudly, hoping he'd hear. "Why are you like this?" Sighed the blonde, turning to the girl who simply smacked his arm away as he helped her lay down.

"We're only trying to help." He explained. "I don't need help. I can help myself fine." She snapped, the wounds of betrayal reopening with every syllable she uttered, unable to shake off the haunting memories of the day this man had walked away from her, leaving her shattered and alone in the wake of his departure. Every moment he lingered was a relentless torment, a cruel reminder of the gaping void he had left behind without explanation, apology, or the decency of a face-to-face confrontation. Her heart ached with the weight of unanswered questions, the pain of abandonment tearing at her soul with each passing second.

The man's heart clenched with the weight of her unspoken pain, a silent witness to the shattered pieces of her trust that he had callously discarded. Though guilt gnawed at his conscience like a persistent predator, he deemed it best to bury the past for the sake of professionalism. Yet, every passing minute in her presence served as a tenacious reminder of the irreversible damage he had wrought. He knew she would never forgive him, just as he could never forgive himself. But in the throes of youth, blinded by foolishness and drowned in regret, there were limits to what he could salvage.

The death of his mother had shattered his world, leaving him adrift in a sea of grief and self-destructive tendencies. Unable to bear the weight of his own sorrow, he chose to flee rather than confront the demons that haunted him. The day she succumbed to her alcoholism marked the beginning of his own descent into darkness, a path paved with regrets and missed opportunities. And now, as he stood before his ex-lover, the echoes of his past mistakes reverberated through the caverns of his soul, a haunting reminder of the price he had paid for his cowardice.

"Y/n, please just--" He attempted to utter words of solace, but she swiftly silenced him, her hand raised in a commanding gesture. "You've helped enough... Buck." She spat, enunciating each word with an icy disdain, highlighting the pain that had etched its mark on her heart. The tension between the two star-crossed lovers reached a fever pitch, a palpable electricity crackling in the air, heavy with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. In the depths of their souls, they both harbored the unshakeable conviction that their destinies were intertwined, yet the specter of past mistakes loomed large, casting a shadow over their fragile bond. 

The damage wrought by their actions could not be undone, leaving behind a trail of heartbreak and regret that was excruciatingly overwhelming. But right before anything else could happen, a beaming Thompson burst into the room, once again, only with a doctor by his side this time. "Got him, Buck." Declared the engineer. "Perfect... I'll just uh, wait for you outside then, Major." Muttered the blonde, concealing his heartache once again — a skill he thought he had mastered until his reunion. "Later." She said, realizing how brash she had been all this while. 'Work and emotions do not mix, y/n. Don't let some clown ever cloud your mind like that again.'

"Hey, Meatball," Buck greeted with a faint smile as the friendly dog bounded up to him, offering a brief respite from the tumult of his thoughts. Patiently waiting outside the infirmary, he grappled with the uncertainty of his next move. Talking about the past seemed futile, a Pandora's box of emotions he wasn't sure he could handle. For so long, he had convinced himself that he was over it, but now, faced with the reality of the situation, avoidance felt callous and insensitive. Even if he mustered the courage to speak to his ex, what words could possibly bridge the chasm between them?

How could he broach the subject delicately, without reopening old wounds or inviting further pain? Did she even care about his remorse, or was he doomed to face her indifference? These questions plagued his mind, and wore down his heart with dauntless persistence. It felt as though he were trapped in a never-ending cycle of suffering, destined to endure the consequences of his past mistakes for eternity. "So, how'd it go with Ducky Dearest?" Teased a particularly nosy raven, not too far away from the husky, who was now resting his chin against the blonde's thigh. 

"How'd it go with Huglin?" Cross-questioned Buck instead, not in the mood to discuss his personal affairs. "Probably as good as it went for you and l/n." He shrugged, taking the hint and plopping down on the seat beside him. "How is she anyway?" Egan asked, shocking his friend with his genuine concern for the girl. "Just a mild concussion if I'm not mistaken. Apparently she had temporary blackouts too earlier." Answered the Major. "That bad, huh?" The man remarked, rather surprised how she survived at all with her skull in one piece. "Didn't hit her too hard, as it had already crashed by then. But we cannot take any chances before the missions tomorrow."

Smirking at his friend's evident protectiveness over the girl, Egan couldn't help but mull over the enigmatic dynamic between the two. Having been acquainted with Buck for over five years and Duck for almost five weeks, he found himself intrigued by the depths of their tangled history. While he didn't possess the same intimate knowledge of y/n as his friend did, he had gleaned enough to recognize her as one of the genuine ones — fiery, perhaps, but undeniably good at heart. So what transpired between the two to warrant such palpable coldness from her? What lingering scars haunted the blonde, driving him to endlessly replay his past missteps? These questions weighed heavily on Egan's mind, a puzzle he couldn't quite unravel but felt compelled to understand nonetheless. 

As he observed the interplay between his friend and the lady, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to their story than met the eye, a narrative fraught with pain, regret, and perhaps, a glimmer of hope for redemption. But he was no fool, and knew when to keep his mouth shut when sober, and felt the need to change the topic for the sake of his friend's sanity. "I asked him for a demotion, by the way... Never thought I'd ever hear those words leave literally anybody's mouth until now." He sighed. "Well, as interesting as that sounds... I'd still like to know more about this unicorn incident." Buck said instead, appreciating the raven's attempt. 

"Well, the unicorn is my favorite extinct animal. I thought you already knew that."

(1.5k words)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.7K 16
• ° . * : .⋆ 𝓣𝙾𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙾 𝙼𝙴 ᵎ ❛❛ 𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 , 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖺 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 ...
1K 142 28
𝐊𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐲 - 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚�...
6.4K 254 7
𝐔𝐧𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐀 𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠" 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟...
34.4K 1.7K 22
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 '𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄' 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐁𝐡𝐚𝐠𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐞...