THE TRUTH UNTOLD | Harry Pott...

By softjinri

Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more... More

𝗴𝘄𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹
𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧
𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝟭
𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲
𝗶𝗶 | 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗽
𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻
𝗶𝘃 | 𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀
𝘃 | 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻
𝘃𝗶 | 𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀
𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗼𝗴𝘄𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀
𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗱𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻
𝗶𝘅 | 𝗯𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗸
𝘅 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗴𝗴𝗮𝗿𝘁
𝘅𝗶 | 𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝘃𝘀 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁... 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝘀
𝘅𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗵𝗼𝗴𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲
𝘅𝗶𝘃 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸
𝘅𝘃 | 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝘅𝘃𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗽𝘂𝗳𝗳 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲
𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝗹𝘂𝗽𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲
𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗱
𝘅𝗶𝘅 | 𝗵𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗱'𝘀 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿
𝘅𝘅 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗹𝘁
𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝟮
𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀
𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗼
𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘃 | 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘃𝘀 𝗰𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗲
𝘅𝘅𝘃 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗹𝗮𝘄 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲
𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸
𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗼𝗴𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽
𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘅 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺
𝘅𝘅𝘅 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶 | 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶 | 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗺 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗯𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗸'𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗲
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘃 | 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗹𝗳
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁
𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘅 | 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲'𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗯𝘂𝗿𝘀𝘁
𝘅𝗹 | 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝘂𝗽𝗶𝗻
𝘅𝗹𝗶 | 𝗷𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟰

𝘅𝘅𝗶 | 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗼𝗿𝘆

16 1 0
By softjinri

Harry and Ron were very angry at Hermione. Gwen, too, felt that it was unfair to confiscate the whole broom, but she understood where Hermione had been coming from. She couldn't deny that the thought hadn't been one of the first things that crossed her mind.

  Hermione spent more time avoiding the common room and would disappear off to the library for long hours as the New Year approached. Gwen joined her, not liking that she was alone, and also not enjoying Harry and Ron angrily saying nasty things behind Hermione's back.

  Classes were due to start again, and Hermione had finished all of her homework and was completing extra things for credit. Gwen was still struggling to understand most of her Muggle Studies work. She couldn't understand how Muggles had developed so much without magic.

  'But I don't understand,' she was saying to Hermione on New Years' Day. 'How is it that these tiny wires make something heat up and cook through? Where's the fires?'

  They were sitting in a small nook by a window, the cold chill from outside forcing its way through the window panes, yet the fire beside them was roasting their feet. Hermione explained to Gwen, in the simplest of terms, the process of Electricity and how metal conducts heat, which then led into Hermione explaining a scientist from the Second Muggle War named Oppenheimer who had created a Nuclear Bomb.

  It was all foreign to Gwen, but she found it fascinating just how seriously advanced Muggles were.

  Maybe that was why some Pure-Bloods hated them so much.

  'How are you coming along with your Defence Against the Dark Arts?' Hermione said, having finished her speech on Nuclear Physics.

  'I'm mostly done,' Gwen said, shifting aside her many pieces of parchment for their most recent homework set by Professor Lupin. 'I just need to write the finishing paragraph.' She paused, rereading her work. 'Do you think Professor Lupin's OK?' She said eventually.

  Hermione looked up. 'What do you mean?'

  'Well, he goes missing almost monthly. He gets sick every three weeks or so,' Gwen said. 'Hermione, you're the smartest person I know, there's no way you haven't noticed.'

  Hermione looked uncomfortable. She opened her mouth, thought better of it, then went to speak again. 'I... I mean... OK, did you... you wrote Professor Snape's essay, didn't you?'

  Gwen nodded.

  'Did you not... notice anything? Don't you think there may have been a reason... why he set that essay?'

  Gwen did not want to think about it. She had specifically chosen to not to. She had had her own inkling, but had thought herself purely reaching. She didn't answer.

  Hermione, however, could read Gwen like a book. 'You think so too, don't you?'

  Gwen, again, did not answer immediately. 'It's a little far fetched, don't you think? I don't think Dumbledore would hire a-- someone like Professor Lupin-- that is, if he actually is in fact one...'

  'Why would that be so bad?' Hermione asked.

  Gwen stared at her. 'They're dangerous, Hermione! They change into a beast once a month, an uncontrollable beast that would kill his best friend! They don't know what they are when they change.'

  Hermione bit her lip. 'But Professor Lupin seems so nice...'

  'Of course he does, he's not really a monster. He's the last person you'd assume to be one. But, Hermione, there is only one way to, well, to tame a werewolf...'

  And then it clicked. The Wolfsbane Potion. The Potion invented initially by her ancestor, who, herself, had been a werewolf. Gwen hadn't thought about her for over two years, not since she went to Diagon Alley to get her first year supplies... Emmeline Everill, the only known Ravenclaw of the Everill House to date.

  'Merlin's beard,' Gwen murmured.

  'What?' said Hermione.

  'Hermione, the potion Snape brings Professor Lupin. I'll bet you anything that's the Wolfsbane Potion. If, of course, we're right.'

  Hermione nodded. 'I read about that. It was invented a couple of centuries ago, right? Then the recipe was lost and it was only recreated a few decades ago...'

  Gwen nodded. 'Yes, yes, the first known user of the Wolfsbane Potion was the inventor. She herself was a werewolf, but she fell victim to an alleged family curse. She was the youngest of her siblings and mysteriously vanished years later. The recipe for the Wolfsbane Potion with her. No one knows what happened to her.'

  Hermione bit her lip. 'Yes, yes, I read about it... Oh, God, who was it... what was her name...?'

  Gwen held her breath. 'Emmeline,' she said. She hesitated, then, 'Emmeline Everill.'

• • •

As everyone came back to school for the start of the new term, Gwen and Hermione were barely able to spare a minute alone to go over their theory. They were both watching Professor Lupin closely. Gwen couldn't help feeling a little uncomfortable, as if he would change into an uncontrollable, dangerous beast at any given moment, but she knew that Professor Lupin had a kind, gentle soul. If anything, she felt sorry for him. She couldn't even begin to imagine what living a life like that would be like, and Dumbledore, he was intelligent, and cared nothing more than for the safety of his students. He wouldn't let the Dementors onto the grounds, why would he let a werewolf teach unless he was sure he was absolutely safe?

  No, Gwen felt herself admiring Professor Lupin more. He was kind and brave and she would be lying if she didn't say she genuinely liked him.

  In their first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson back, Gwen found herself listening more intensely than before. She had not given him the credit he had deserved before. He was smart, no denying it, and gave them fun lessons, but he was also a proper teacher. He was patient and he listened, and he made sure that his students were following before moving on.

  She felt like a secret fangirl.

  At the end of class, Harry nudged her, and they both approached Professor Lupin's desk. Gwen had forgotten about their teacher's promise, but with Quidditch games being back on soon, she remembered her and Harry's urgency to have their Anti-Dementor lessons.

  'Ah, yes...' he said, 'Let me see... how about eight o'clock on Thursday evening? The History of Magic classroom should be large enough... I'll have to think carefully about how we're going to do this... we can't bring a real Dementor into the castle...'

  'Still looks ill, doesn't he,' said Ron, as he and Harry walked ahead of Gwen and Hermione down the corridor, headed to dinner. 'What d'you reckon's the matter with him?'

  Beside Gwen, Hermione gave a loud, impatient tut. She stopped at the feet of a suit of armour, repacking her bag which was so full of books, they were spilling out.

  'And what are you tutting at us for?' said Ron irritably.

  'Nothing,' said Hermione, standing up and heaving her bag over her shoulder. Gwen took a couple of her books that would not fit in her bag.

  'Yes you were,' said Ron. 'I said I wonder what's wrong with Lupin, and you--'

  'Well, isn't it obvious?' said Hermione. Gwen shot her a warning look. She thought about how repulsed she had been at the idea at first, and Ron, who was also from a Wizarding family, would likely have a similar reaction, if not worse.

  'If you don't want to tell us, don't,' snapped Ron.

  'Fine,' said Hermione, and she marched off. Gwen followed, giving Harry and Ron a helpless look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 260 26
Book Four - Last Book in The Power Prophecy Series _______________________ A war is among them. Harry is wanted. And everyone is afraid. Rose helps h...
8.3M 182K 91
'y/n potter? bet she'll be just like her idiot brother' '𝐬𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧' started - june 2020 finished - january 2021 edited - soon
38.7K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...
22.3K 1.1K 8
𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄 | ❝You should stop believing in fate and start believing in yourself. That's what I did.❞ IN WHICH JULIET FAWLEY IS FINALLY...