Primeval's Twist (A Primeval...

By SherlockPhones

Katherina Dracula has been there from the start. Her father, being one of Professor Nick Cutter's closest fri... More

Chapter 1: The British Museum (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 2: The British Museum (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 3: The Abandoned House (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 4: The Abandoned House (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 5: Helen's Hospital (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 6: Helen's Hospital (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 7: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 8: The Airport & The Fake Anomaly (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 9: Fungus (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 10: Fungus (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 11: Birdy Escape (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 12: Birdy Escape (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 14: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 15: A Dead Future (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 16: A Dead Future (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 17: Camping With Rhinos (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 18: Camping With Rhinos (part 2)✔️✔️
Chapter 19: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 1)✔️✔️
Chapter 20: Don't Leave Me Behind (part 2)✔️
Sequel (part 1)
Sequel (part 2)

Chapter 13: Dracorex In Shining Armour (part 1)✔️✔️

1.8K 28 47
By SherlockPhones

16/7/15

I don't own any of primeval, it's plot or characters unfortunately. However, Katherina and her family are mine. All credit and rights go to impossible pictures.

I was debating on doing the morning after and decided I would for my own entertainment haha :)

Katherina's outfit to the side.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's POV:

I woke to sun shining in my face, reminding me I had forgotten to close the curtains the night before. I felt hot, extremely hot, which is usually something I don't like. As I mentioned with the fungus I'm a naturally cold person and I hate being warm. However, this wasn't like the irritating, consuming heat of summer, more like the safe, comforting warmth of another person. I smiled, knowing just which human being was bringing that safe, comfortable warmth with them.

My eyes flickered as I moved my head from on it's soft chest-turned-pillow. I looked up through heavy eyes and into an already awake face.

"Good morning." I whispered, sleep still claiming my voice.

Rest had ruined Becker's usually perfect hair style, although we were in nearly the exact same position we fell asleep in. Sleep threatened to close his eyelids and had turned his iris a dark brown, almost black. His mouth turned into a grin as he smiled down at me.

"That it is." Becker grinned.

"How long have you been awake?" I moved so my hand rested on his chest instead of my head, and placed my chin on top of my hand.

"Long enough to be nicknamed Edward Cullen." He winked.

I shot up quickly with a fake gasp, my hand flying to my mouth.

"Really?! Has the deadly, badass Captain H. Becker seriously seen Twilight?!"

"I do have a baby sister you know." He chuckled as he sat up with me.

"Well actually I don't know." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I told you my whole family history and you only told me your first name, Hilary."

Becker growled playfully at his name as I rose to stand and put on my dressing down.

"Well I do. She's 6 years younger than me."

Becker rose with me, not even bothering to put either pants or a shirt on. I would be lying if I said the sight didn't make me blush. A lot. His powerful thighs, toned abs, and strong arms caused my face to illuminate bright red. Becker smirked, much to my embarrassment, and walked forward so his chest pressed into mine.

"Do I make you nervous, Kate?" He whispered, his breath brushing my lips.

I smirked as an idea came to my mind. I wrapped my hand behind his neck and pulled him down to me. His lips puckered at the ready, however I only let my lips graze his as I instead carried on, to his ear.

"It's fine though, right? Because I make you nervous too, H." I whispered against his ear, my words, closeness and actions making his face heat up.

Becker gulped as I stepped away with a wink, and walked out of my room towards the open-plan kitchen.

Sat at the kitchen table was Connor, Roberto and my father, all being traditional Brits and drinking a mug of tea.

I froze at the sight of my father.

I hope Becker stays in my bloody room, or at least puts some clothes-

"Kate, you can't just tease me like that and expect me to let you leave." Becker cut my thoughts off as he traipsed out of my bedroom, hair tousled and wearing virtually nothing.

Dad rose from his seat so fast the chair flew backwards, and growled, giving Becker his infamous could-stop-assassins glare.

Becker blanched as he saw my 6'8 father, who happened to be built like a wrestler, full-on glaring at him.

"It's not what it looks like." He raised his hands into the air.

"Or sounds like." I rushed to stand in front of Becker, between him and dad.

Connor and Roberto began to panic as father stomped forward slowly, the epitome of a predator stalking it's prey.

"Um Tirigan," Connor began. "Weren't you saying something about the new Jurassic World film? You went to the premier?"

"Yes." He spat.

"Come on, tell me about it." Connor laughed nervously.

"No." He spat again.

Suddenly, a loud smashing sound came from the kitchen as Roberto had managed to accidentally knock all 3 cups of tea off the table.

"Bloody hell!" Roberto cursed as he bent to pick the pieces up.

Dad, having spun to see the commotion with the rest of us, ran to see if Roberto was alright. As he knelt to pick up some china, Roberto mouthed to us over his shoulder: 'go and put some clothes on!'

I quickly turned and pushed Becker back into the bedroom, and firmly shut the door behind me.

"I'm so sorry!" He rushed. "I forgot they were all still here."

"Don't worry so did I." I grumbled as I headed towards my wardrobe and picked out some black pants and a black top.

"Let me make breakfast to make it up to you all." He bargained.

"You can cook?" I asked, disbelieving.

"Yes." He smirked. "And it will be the best thing you've ever tasted."

"I've eaten in the worlds best restaurants." I laughed loudly.

"I know." He simply said.

"Okay I'll bite..." I smiled. "Pun unintended."

"Good." He laughed. "And if you agree it's the best you've ever tasted, you'll let me pick your clothes for today." Becker's smiled turned devious.

"What!?" I shouted.

"You wear too much black, it will be interesting to see you in a different colour... And style."

"Says the one.." I slowly walked towards him.

He held his hand out for a shake. I looked at it, before smirking and looking into his face.

"Fine, but if it isn't then I get to choose your clothes."

It didn't even faze him. "Sure." He motioned to his hand again.

I looked at him closely before placing my hand in his. He smiled as we closed the deal.

~~~~~~~~~~

Becker's POV:

Katie moaned.

... Not like that you dirty perverts.

"Okay." Katie sighed in pleasure and moaned again. "You win."

I smirked as I watched her inhale the pancakes, bacon and waffles I had made for breakfast. She was already a fast eater, but this really took the cake. Apparently, growing up in a household of boys meant she learnt to eat her food before anyone else could, yet she couldn't actually be tasting it she ate it so quickly.

I spared a glance at Connor, Roberto and Tirigan to see Roberto already finished, probably also a fast eater for the same reason, and Tirigan not far off. Connor apparently didn't get the someone-will-steal-your-food-if-you-don't-eat-it-before-they-can memo as he seemed to be savouring his breakfast. He had 3 pancakes left along with 4 rashers of bacon.

Katie finished and shared an amused look with Roberto. They exchanged no words, merely dived towards Connor's plate, managing to snag two pieces of bacon each and a pancake, leaving a shocked Conor with just one pancake remaining.

"Guys! What the hell, we're all supposed to be friends here!" Connor whined as he picked up his last pancake protectively, shooting a glare at Tirigan who had just finished.

Tirigan laughed. "Oh my dear boy, you'll learn with my family. You eat as fast as you can because the vultures never fill. I used to have to eat in my study so they couldn't take my food too."

Connor looked at Roberto and Katie, who now stared at his remaining pancake.

"No!" Connor growled before shoving the whole thing into his mouth.

He nearly began chocking, but somehow managed to eat the whole pancake without spitting it out, and it wasn't a small pancake.

Apparently, there was an unwritten rule that the chef was left alone.

I chuckled as I finished off my remaining waffles.

"What was that you said before anyway, Kate?" I smirked at her as Roberto collected our dishes to load into the dishwasher.

She glared at me, before smiling and leaning back to pat her stomach.

"You win. I'll admit it, that was the best meal I have ever eaten." She sighed happily. "It was so good I can't even be mad that I lost. It was worth it."

"Alright then." I chuckled as I stood. "Show me your wardrobe."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You cannot expect me to actually wear this... To work..." Katie growled as she stared at herself in the mirror.

I had picked out a white, floaty dress and some brown boots with a brown belt. She looked unbelievably beautiful, but then again she always does. White makes her look like an angel.

"If you're going to make me look like I'm going to a wedding, can I at least put my lip ring in?" She whined as she zipped up her boots.

"Wait, you have a pierced lip?" I asked, shocked.

"Yep." She smirked. "Snakebites, but I usually only wear one. I used to have multicoloured hair, Kiyo was the same, but when he disappeared I had my hair stripped."

She looked down in sadness at the memories.

"You with a lip ring sounds surprisingly hot." I tried to cheer her up.

"Does that mean I can wear it?" She winked.

"No." I spoke simply before exiting the room.

Katherina's POV:

Becker and I pulled up at The ARC in my baby, Loki. Yes I called my car Loki because they're both absolutely beautiful so I thought why not. Don't judge, we all have at least a slight crush on Tom Hiddleston, just some are more enthusiastic than others...

I jumped out of Loki and walked around to open the boot and let Connor out. See Loki only has two seats. I did say we could take my new Range Rover (I called it Thor because it's large and powerful and pretty damn sexy) but Connor loves Loki as much as I and so he insisted we ride in him.

Therefore, I locked him in the boot.

I clicked the lock and the boot slid open. Connor was laid there, a happy smile on his face.

"Even the boot is luxurious." He smiled, seemingly high.

"Okay, you need oxygen." I grabbed his arm and pulled him out the boot.

He jumped to his feet as Becker came around to see what was taking so long.

"Come on ladies." Becker gestured in front of him.

As we walked through The ARC, we only made it around 3 steps in before a soldier came to Becker.

"Sir? We're ready for your daily checks."

Becker nodded to the man, silently saying he would follow and turned to me. He shot Connor a look, however he didn't seem to understand as he simply looked between Becker and I.

"Connor." Becker barked.

"What..?" Connor looked at Becker blankly. "Oh! Right... I have somewhere to be with that thing so I'll go see how it's doing..." He trailed off awkwardly before walking away, towards the hub.

I laughed in amusement.

I smiled at Becker as he smiled awkwardly back. He seemed different than he was a couple of minutes ago.

"You good?" I asked as I stepped closer to him.

"Yep." He cleared his throat "I need to go do security stuff so..."

I smiled and stepped closer to kiss him, however he stepped back and looked away. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked quietly.

"Sure." He spoke quickly, before patting my shoulder awkwardly and turning on his heel, striding off down the corridor.

"What the hell?"

~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the hub to hear Sarah call over to Connor.

"Something suspicious has come up on the web." She said, causing both he and I to walk over.

Connor and I peered over each of her shoulders, to see her open on eBay with a picture of Rex being sold for £500.

Connor and I looked at each other over Sarah's head.

"Rex." We whispered in sync.

"What?" Sarah asked.

"No..." Connor looked at her. "That's just a bearded dragon..."

"What?" Sarah asked again, only to be interrupted by another voice behind us.

"I'm going to kill Jack." Abby spoke.

We all spun to face her, Connor and I trying to subtly block her view of the screen.

"Really..?" Connor spoke nervously. "That's a good idea, any particular reason?"

Abby sighed. "He leant Rex to a friend."

"Isn't that what you just said?" Sarah asked as she came to stand next to Connor.

"Me?" Connor asked innocently.

"What?" Abby's eyes furrowed.

"When?" Connor ignored Abby.

"When you looked at the screen!" Sarah didn't seem to understand Connor was trying to hide it. "You said Rex."

Connor looked at Abby slowly, before sending me a desperate look.

"He said next." I answered.

"Yes!" Connor shouted a little too enthusiastically. "You know like next, we've seen that what else have you got..."

"Are you okay...?" Abby questioned slowly.

"So we don't need to take any action?" Sarah questioned before Connor could answer.

"No action." Connor shook his head.

"Okay fine..." Sarah raised her hands as she walked away.

"Action, what action?" Abby asked.

"Nothing, nothing. What's with all the questions?"

I sighed at them as I decided to leave them to argue. I walked away and began heading towards the armoury, before remembering how strange Becker was acting before. Perhaps I should test him? I began doubling my speed as I headed towards the room.

I opened the door, to find one other soldier in here but not the soldier I was looking for. I turned to the man who sat cleaning his gun.

"Excuse me, have you seen the Captain anywhere?" I asked politely.

He looked up at me and smiled sweetly, he looked younger than me, too going to be in this line of work... Although I've been doing this since I was 19 so I can't talk.

"Sorry Miss Katherina, he's finished his morning duty, he'd usually be in here by now." He smiled, slightly flirtatious.

"Erm, you don't know anywhere else he could be?" I asked slowly, maintaining my politeness and not responding to his wink.

"Nope, he's usually here if not on duty, everyone knows that." He stood to walk closer to me.

"Oh, okay..." I trailed off and backed to the door as he came closer. "Well if you see him can you tell him I was looking for him...?" I opened the door, ready to bolt.

"Yeah sure, sweetheart." He winked as he stepped as close as he could without touching me.

"Thanks." I smiled, letting a crazy glint leak into my eye, and turned out the door.

Bloody hell, slightly creepy. Everyone knows that there's chemistry with me and the Captain, I know they're all betting on when it will happen... So what was that about?

Lights flashed and alarms blared.

Looks like there's no time to find Becker.

~~~~~~~~~~

The anomaly was in a junk yard. Old cars, broken and crushed, laid in rows along the yard. That's a whole lot of metal. We drove up through the yard, Danny, Sarah and I in one car while Abby, Connor and Becker were in the other.

It was strange because as we all piled into the garage, I got into mine and Becker's usual car, in the passenger waiting for him, yet he went and sat in the backseat of the other car. Danny, Sarah, Abby and especially Connor shared strange looks, before splitting up into the two cars. Connor, having known what Becker and I shared last night/this morning kept throwing me confused glances, but my own were just as confused.

I have no idea what's going on with him...

The cars came to a sudden stop as I took in the view in front of me. There was a man inside a machine, the one that moves the cars (it looked like one of those grabber machines you play as a child) and a creature trying to get to the man. The man was using the large grabber to try and hit the creature, but it kept dodging. He began lifting up the cars, trying to drop them on the creature, and managed to cage it in.

"He's gonna kill it." Abby whispered as we all climbed out of the cars to watch.

"This is madness," Danny spat with a glare at the man. "Come on!" He began leading us towards the man.

Danny and Abby jumped onto a car near the machine and started waving their arms and shouting, trying to catch his attention. He wasn't listening to them so I began storming towards the man.

"Katie!" Becker shouted, before a large weight bowled me over, in time for a car to drop where I had previously been standing.

I laid on my side with my head buried in the one who saved me, knowing it would be Becker.

"Katie!" Becker's voice came from behind me.

My head shot up, realising it wasn't actually Becker's arms I laid in, and saw the man from the armoury laid next to me.

Suddenly, arms grabbed me from behind and pulled me up, away from my saviour. Becker glared and growled at the soldier who stood up and dusted himself off. He switched his attention back to me, grabbing my shoulders and checking for injury.

"I'm fine." I muttered, remembering how strange he had been acting.

He looked at me for a moment, before nodding and taking a few steps away from me, no longer looking at me. I sent him a nasty look, before turning to the man who had saved me from becoming a Katie pancake.

"Thank you." I smiled softly at the man, who surprisingly blushed.

"It was nothing." He shrugged. "We're supposed to protect you guys, right?"

I continued to smile as I stepped closer to the man. Knowing it would piss Becker off, and seriously needing to see some kind of emotion from him, I placed my hand on the soldier's shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"Well, thank you anyway."

"Seriously, it was fine Miss."

I looked at Becker out the corner of my eye, to see his jaw clenched hard enough to shatter his teeth, and his hands gripping his gun to the point all colour left his fingers.

I smiled back at the soldier. "Call me Katie. You deserve that much." I winked.

He blushed again, he didn't seem the type to blush.

"Well then I'm Cameron." He smiled back.

"Good to know." I winked again.

While I had been thanking my saviour, Danny had, had the man from the machine taken away for nearly crushing me. Abby had examined the creature to notice a wound in it's side.

The creature was boxed off by cars with Abby standing next to one. Suddenly, the creature, seeming scared, launched itself at the car near Abby and knocked her over with it.

"Oi!" Danny began slamming the bonnet on the car near him, drawing the creatures attention.

The creature seemed afraid of the sound and backed away from him.

"Start making noise!" I shouted as I grabbed an exhaust pipe from the pile next to me.

I started hitting it on whatever I could, the others doing the same, and headed towards the creature. It began backing away from the noise, wanting to escape it. We saw the anomaly at the end of a row of cars, and began leading it down there. The creature went right next to he anomaly, about to enter.

"You see." Danny smiled as we all stopped next to one of the rows of cars and stared at the creature.

"Why's it coming back?" Conor asked, alarmed.

The creature got near the anomaly before screeching and backing away. We all dodged to the side, hiding next to the cars as it ran past.

Suddenly, the neigh of a horse echoed from the anomaly. We turned to watch, in time for an armour covered horse to trot through the anomaly, ridden by an armour covered man. He man held a javelin in the air and slowed next to us as he passed.

"Hoc est quomodo subibant pergit gloria." He spoke in Latin. (A/N: The Latin is probably wrong, feel free to correct)

He didn't wait for an answer before turning his horse and taking off after the creature.

"Anyone else?" Danny asked sarcastically. "Well we've had a dragon, a night in shining armour... A damsel in distress would be nice."

"It's not a real dragon though." Abby breathed.

"Dracorex." Connor and I answered together. "Late cretaceous, herbivore."

"Still dangerous." Abby finished. "It's wounded." She began following after it, us following her.

"Close the anomaly." Danny ordered Connor. "We'll try and get it back to you."

"What did he say anyway?" Abby asked Sarah.

"'This is how I carry on to glory'." I answered for her.

"You speak Latin?" Sarah asked.

"What? A girl can't have a classical education? I'm fluent in 7 languages." I smiled.

"No..." Sarah shook her head. "It's just it was more 'this is how my quest continues onto glory'."

"I was paraphrasing." I sighed.

Sarah rolled her eyes playfully.

"The Dracorex must have come through an anomaly into medieval England." Sarah spoke as we continued.

"This is a waste of time, this place is a maze." Danny suddenly stopped. "I'm going to go get Connor and go after the knight, Abby you take Becker and go find the creature. You go too Sarah. And you Katie-"

"I'm coming with you." I cut him off.

Two can play at this game Becker.

Danny gave me a weird look but nodded. We both began to walk away before Sarah called to him.

"Go get Connor." He said to me as he turned to speak to her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Danny, Connor and I ran straight into a town off Central London, following the horse tracks. We couldn't find any sign of the knight once we hit concrete. We ran across a short bridge and saw people running away.

We shared a look before running in the opposite direction to the people. We came to an alleyway and saw a biker running away from the alley, sending scared glances over his shoulder. We shared another look before entering.

"Our knight?" Danny asked rhetorically.

"So what happens when we catch up with him?" Connor asked.

"Sit him down and talk to him like rational human beings." Danny nodded.

We all took off into the alley.

We entered to see the knight rooting through a metal bin. The alley wasn't wide enough for three people so I walked behind the two men, out of sight of the knight. The knight stood up and raised his sword.

"Stand back, demon." He growled.

"We're not demons." Danny spoke slowly. "We're flesh and blood just like you."

"You, are demons." The knight spoke forcefully. "And I am in Hell."

Connor looked at Danny. "Well technically it's London," Connor shrugged. "Easy mistake to make."

"We can help you get home." Danny said softly.

The knight still couldn't see me.

"I must slay the beast to complete my quest." He raised his head high.

"Killing the dragon will not get you home." Danny shook his head.

"It's not a dragon." Connor hissed to Danny. "It's not a dragon." He spoke louder to the knight.

"We can help you!" Danny exclaimed softly.

The knight looked at the floor and lowered his sword gently. He placed the lid back on the bin as Connor and Danny shared a look. They stepped closer as he sheathed his sword.

"I know this seems weird-" Danny began before being cut off by the knight turning and hitting him in the head with the bin lid.

Before Connor could speak he hit Connor too.

"Peasants." The knight muttered as he put the lid back.

Now that the two men were near unconscious on the floor, I was in plain view of the knight. He looked up, ready to walk towards me and out the alley, before stopping and freezing at the sight of me. His eyes widened as his mouth dropped.

"If they are demons.." He whispered as he stepped forward and dropped to one knee in front of me. "Then you are an angel."

Okay maybe I should thank Becker for making me wear white today, it saved me getting bashed in the head with a bin lid.

"Rise." I spoke softly, playing along so as not to get killed.

The knight looked up in awe before rising to tower above me.

"How does one address an angel?" He spoke softly.

"Anyway you like." I smiled back.

As I smiled, he gasped.

"Truly, you are an angel, for such beauty is unearthly." He whispered, amazed.

I tried my hardest not to burst into laughing tears, I've heard a pick up line like that once.

I simply smiled in response.

"Believe me child, when I say that you are not in hell and they are not demons." I looked to Danny and Connor who sat next to each other, watching quietly.

The knight didn't even take his eyes off me.

I'm good at this acting thing, if The ARC ever rejects me I think I've found my calling. Although I do have a decade of experience in lying to convince someone over to me...

"But what else could they possibly be?" He asked softly.

It was almost like he thought he would scare or offend me if he spoke too loudly.

"This place is hellish compared to your world, I will be the first to say. Humans have destroyed their beautiful gift over time with evolution and modern technology. They don't realise how precious this is or how they should treat His gift to them..." I trailed off dramatically as I stared at the knight. "But this world is paradise compared to Satan's resting place."

The knight frowned.

"I wish to believe you..." He trailed off.

"But you've never seen things like this." I answered.

"You read my mind." He whispered in awe.

I tried not to laugh, he makes it pretty obvious why he thinks this is Hell.

"Your duty, is not on this world. You must return home Sir Knight." I smiled.

He frowned before bowing low to me.

"I am afraid I cannot. Not until the beast is slain." He rose, but kept his head down.

"Please excuse me, Your Holiness."

He walked around me and out of the alley.

As soon as I could no longer see him I burst into laugher, clutching my sides.

"Your Holiness!" I squealed as I laughed harder than I had in a long time.

Danny and Connor chuckled as they walked over.

"We could use this. He won't hurt you." Danny smiled.

"True." I smiled as I straightened. "But if he wants to play with blades, I say let's play." I smirked.

"Ohhhhh my god," Connor looked at me. "Are you bringing Danger and Will Robinson out to play?"

I smirked as I took my phone out of the top of my boot.

"Texting Lester as we speak."

Connor screamed. Like a fangirl scream.

He said he always wanted to be a Samurai or a ninja.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 53 14
[BOOK ONE] Sofi Wyatt is an ambitious young grad student working on her Master's degree and researching her PhD thesis. During a morning appointment...
975 0 35
Elizabeth Cutter loves working alongside the people at the ARC, but when she is forced to leave to due to circumstances outside of her control, she k...
1.5K 2 66
Teresa Mara Nicholas or Dunlop, Best friend and Adopted Sister of Jasper Dunlop. Teresa's birth parents were killed by one of the villains of Captain...
24.7K 660 25
Menace Whittaker has always been different and has always been shunned away because of that reason. For as long as she remembers, she has always been...