Veronica's Fallacy

By Benita_16

I'm on a mission to find a missing council member. The last person I expect to find is my mate, Grim. He's da... More

prologue: the traitors
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.

22.

434 27 2
By Benita_16

-HIM-

I followed Veronica like a shadow, aware of everything about her even if I turned away for a few seconds to get the wine. I drank two glasses to numb my overly sharp senses, but it didn't help.

I was still seeing red, feeling on the edge. My wolf was restless inside me, wanting to get out and claim Veronica. It was the only way he'd calm down, but Veronica's avoidant nature averted me from taking risks. I didn't want to force myself on her, but I didn't know how I'd react if she rejected me.

I tried to distract myself by cutting the chicken, but driving the knife through the meat made me see more red. I imagined cutting those attackers open like the chicken while they were still alive and screaming for mercy.

Either of the two things would calm me down— going after the attackers or getting a kiss from Veronica. I craved the latter far more, but I sensed her hesitancy. She always seemed to have her walls up, which was starting to drive me crazy.

I wanted to break them all down and see her bare for once. I wanted her to open up and tell me what was going through her head. Was she afraid of me? Did I scare her? That'd be worse, but it'd still help me know what she was thinking. I had never had any issue reading people until it came to Veronica.

She was cryptic. Even though she tried to show herself as the most boring person with nothing going on in their life, I knew there was far more than that. It was all a facade for her. There was more to her than I could find in the limited Council records. Once in a while, she let her authentic self slip through the crack in her wall, just like she had kissed me abruptly in the morning.

After cutting the chicken, I turned around to look at her. She was still going through my fridge, looking through every compartment as if hunting a sacred treasure. I knew she was doing this to act busy. This was one of her ways to avoid me, and I was already tired of this shit.

I wanted her to stop pretending and just act like herself with me. I wanted all the walls and pretences gone. I stepped closer to her, unable to bear her avoidant attitude.

She felt me behind her. A gasp slipped past her lips, and she stumbled against me, but I caught her right in time. A tortured groan left my lips when I felt her ass against my throbbing cock.

I had been hard since the car drive, and I had been avoiding it for a while, but not anymore.

"Grim," The way she moaned my name made me lose control. I grabbed and turned her around before placing her on the kitchen aisle, holding her legs apart while I stood in between them.

I could smell her thick arousal in the air, mingling with mine. I could almost taste it, making me yearn for her more. I was so close to lifting her legs on my shoulder and burying her face between her legs, and eating her pussy until she fell apart.

Watching her fall apart was my biggest dream so far.

Yet, despite her arousal, she seemed to be avoiding me. It puzzled and conflicted me even more. My balls tightened for a release while my cock throbbed painfully for her. I didn't want to be the one suffering alone, so I pressed my hardness against her soaking core, making her moan.

Her eyes were dark with lust as well, and my teasing finally broke her pretence. She grabbed my face and pressed her lips against mine hungrily. I gave into the kiss right away, letting her open my mouth and taste me.

I grabbed her hips and wrapped her legs around my torso, driving her dress upward until her creamy thighs were exposed. I wanted to mark them with my handprints and kisses, branding them as mine. Every part of her was mine, and I wanted to show it to her.

Her kiss was erratic, her tongue searching for mine, and as soon as we met, she moaned against my lips, driving me to take over the kiss. I deepened the kiss by pulling her closer until our fronts were pressed entirely and her head was tilted back, giving me proper access to her mouth.

I claimed her lips fiercely with my mouth, spearing my tongue past her lips and claiming every bit of her, not leaving anything unexplored. Meanwhile, her hands left my face and went to my chest to explore. It satisfied a part of me to know that she was as curious about me as I was about her.

With her uncaring facade, it was easy to believe that she wasn't interested in me despite the bond, that she didn't want to do anything with me, and that she was tolerating me just for the sake of Victor. I always wished there was more to that, and in that moment, her moans confirmed that. She burned for me the same way I burned for her. It was what I had been looking for all this time.

"Your lips taste like the wine," She gasped after pulling back from the intense kiss. I missed the taste of her and the feeling of her tongue immediately. I needed more of it, and I needed it every fucking day.

I doubted I'd be able to return to my boring, purposeless life now that I knew her mouth's feel and her body's warmth. I would have more of her until there was nothing left to be taken— until she was completely mine.

"Do you like that?" I asked, running the tip of my nose down her neck before placing hot kisses over her collarbone. She shivered under my lips, making me yearn for her.

"Yes," She moaned. I could hear her frantic heart in synch with mine. With this close, I could feel the bond between us grow strong. Her eyes were as dark as mine, signalling her wolf's presence somewhere on the surface. It compelled me to push some boundaries, take risks, and see where it went.

"Then it's only fair that I get to have a taste of you," I told her darkly, slipping my hand under the fabric of her skirt and feeling her soft and warm thighs under my hands. She froze briefly, searching my face to see if I meant what I said.

My fingertips brushed against the wet spot on her panties, making her breath hitch. She looked at me as if she had been caught red-handed while committing a crime. I was starting to see her slip back into her pretence, but I acted before she could do that.

I pressed my fingers against her wet panties, stroking her from above. Her breaths grew laboured with just that littlest action.

"You're so reactive to my touch," I muttered, our lips inches away, "Yet you act as if you don't want to do anything with me,"

Her thighs tensed around my hips as I stroked her clit through her panty fabric. I hand't touched her directly, yet she was ready to burst.

"It's all the stupid bond," She managed to speak between her laboured breaths, a determined look in her eyes, but no matter what she did, the lust in them couldn't be hidden. She looked at me with such hunger, and I was more than happy to sate her.

I chucked.

"Stupid mate bond?" I echoed, stroking her sensitive nub, "Do you think the way your body reacts to me is stupid?"

"Yes," She choked, almost quivering. She grabbed my hand to stop me, but I didn't let that happen. Her answer disappointed me. I was expecting more from her.

"Is that why you ran away when you saw me for the first time?" I couldn't help but ask, "Was it because you think all this is stupid?" Calling the mate bond stupid was the biggest stupidity of all. Not that I thought Veronica was stupid. No. She was far more intelligent. She just seemed to have a twisted view of it.

I remembered how she talked about mates like some lowly thing last night. Why? I needed to know why she thought that way.

"Grim," She tried to warn me, but my name came out more like a moan. I was close to spilling, but I held myself. I was more focused on her.

"I'm listening," I prompted, "You think all this is stupid when it's the reason why we exist in the first place?" I applied more pressure over her sensitive numb. She made a sharp noise, holding my arm to stop me, but I wasn't going to. I drove her to the edge before denying her the release. "You need to answer me first," I demanded.

"Fuck you!" she growled at me with frustration and anger. I cocked an eyebrow at her. If she wanted to play, then I could put them up all night.

"Alright then," I smiled devilishly at her before reaching for my belt.

~

what do you think he's gonna do next? 🙃 

Read the next 20+ chapters on Patreon. The link is in my bio. 

Thanks for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

669K 18.5K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...
13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
398 11 9
"Liam Reign's assigned mate is..." I was anticipating the girl's face who would be assigned to Liam Reign. That poor, poor girl. Murmurs were alread...
100K 2.8K 49
(Highest ranking #1 in lust đź’—đź’—đź’—) A man walked towards my mate as he called out to her. "Who's that" I whispered. "Oh that ..... that would be my h...