Grรก - Peaky Blinders

By barbieonbenefits

In which the youngest Shelby girl won't let her brothers do dangerous business, without her. "The girls go gi... More

introducing...
x
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi

v

41 0 0
By barbieonbenefits

"What the fuck" Elizabeth states as she walk in, noticing her father sat at the kitchen table, eating a sandwich surrounded by his children and Polly.

Elizabeth does not remember a great deal of her father, because she was only young when he left for good, only a year or two after Finn was born. Of course he'd come back every now and then when he needed money, but she hoped he had perished in the war, unfortunately not, she thought.

A memory she clings onto however, is when he first struck her with his boot.  She had been fighting with John, and their father had thrown his boot at her, it cut open her fragile youthful skin beside her eyebrow, creating a scar she would still carry to this day, however it's now hidden underneath her grown out eyebrow hair. 

"Ah, Elizabeth darling" He comments.

"What are you doing here" She spits at him, looking to Arthur, suspecting he is the one who invited him in.

"I'm the head of the family, don't dare talk to me in that tone" He replies.

"Oh don't make me laugh" She chuckles for a moment.

"Her and Tom are the heads now, Dad" John speaks up, defending his little sister. Coincidentally Thomas walks into the kitchen. 

"Oh well speak of devil, how are ya, son?" Arthur Shelby Sr. asks him.

"Get out" Thomas simply states to their father. 

"Son, I'm a changed man" He replies, lying through his ugly, unkept teeth. 

"This family needed you ten years ago you walked out, get out" 

"He's different" Arthur Jr. speaks top to defend his father. 

"Shut up" Elizabeth orders her brother, sharper than a bullet to a shot.

"It's alright son, Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not welcome" He says standing up, walking over to his second son and last daughter. He looks them up and down, shaking his head

"Quite something you've become" He looks at Thomas, then to Lilibet.  "You too, what happened to our little girl?" He places his head on her shoulder.

"Get off me" She flinches away to from him, he then leaves out the front door. 

"He's our dad" Arthur speaks up to the whole clan, earning a sigh from his sister. 

"He's a selfish bastard" Lilibet responds to her oldest brother.

"You calling someone selfish, well it's a bit rich" He retaliates "I mean thanks to you two we're already down a sister" he looks to Thomas

"You wanna see him, off you go" Tom points to the door, which Arthur accepts and walks straight out after his father. 

"Will you go and find Finn please?  He ran out after Arthur so god only knows what shit your father is filling them with" Polly asks her niece, who was sewing a dress.   She took up sewing a few months back and she was actually very good at it, now that herself and Ruairi were not on speaking  terms and she had no business to be at, she happily spent her hours thinking of new creations.

"Of course, I am not bringing the other lad though" She rolls her eyes at the thought of how foolish her oldest brother was when their father was about.  Lilibet looked in all the suspected places the men could be, her last stop being the boxing ring. 

"Finn where are you? Ah, there" She says as she notices Arthur Shelby Sr and Jr with her little brother around a table, three drinks in front of them. 

"Where did you fight, dad?" She overhears Finn say as she approaches them.

"Oh please, the only fighting you've done is with women's husbands" Elizabeth laughs at herself. 

"Elizabeth, come to join?" Her father asks her, she scoffs in response to him.

"Finn come on, why have you got beer?" She tells her little brother.

"No son, you stay where you want" His father talks directly to him, he looks between the two men. 

"Finley" His sister warns him and he followed her, grabbing her hand as they walked out the ring.

"Arthur says he's going to New York" Finn spills to his sister as he hops along the rugged cobblestone of Small Heath. 

"Does he now?" She raises an eyebrow at the thought.

"Yeah, with Dad" he replies. 

"How much beer did you have?" She asks him, mentally noting to scald her brother for letting him have it in the first place.

"Only a few sips, it was horrible, I prefer whiskey" Finn smiles back at her.  

"Oh you little snob" She tickles her brother who starts to run down Watery Lane, into their aunts house.

"Lili, Thomas said needs you at the Garrison, now" Polly takes Finn into the kitchen and informs her niece, who only now has just realised what she has been asked there for.  

Grace heard bangs at the door, somebody clearly opening it with force.  Thomas barges into the pub and starts frantically setting up a table for four.

"Leave that open Elizabeth's coming" Thomas looks behind the door for his sister.

"Are you expecting trouble?" Grace asks him.

"Hello" Lilibet says as she walks into the pub. 

"Grace listen, two IRA men are gonna come through the door they plan to kill us, you are gonna stop that from happening, okay?" Thomas tells her. 

"You could have given me warning" The barmaid sternly tells him. 

"They wanted to meet alone" Thomas ignores her. 

"And barmaids don't count?"

"No"

"You'll be in the back, from when I make a toast you come in and point the gun at them" Thomas continues to explain to her. 

"Are you gonna kill them?" She asks.

 "No, police want them alive" Lilibet tells her, they hear men talking outside, Grace goes into the back and Lilibet runs behind the bar to grab a whiskey. The two men walk in brazenly. 

"Lost your thirst ?" Lilibet asks the shorter one as he downs the whiskey she just poured. 

"Just show us" He spits at her. She pulls out note with the location of the guns on it.He pushes over the cash.

"You're going to need a shovel" Thomas tells them. 

"You thick fucking tinkers , you think we'd let you live" The shorter one laughs, as does the other man. 

"I hoped you would to be honest, I could do with a break" Lilibet jokes.  One of the men pulls out a gun and points it to Thomas first. 

"Make your peace Mr and Miss Shelby" He tells the two. 

"To barmaids who don't count" Thomas toasts as he lifts his glass in the air. Suddenly, Grace comes through and starts to shoot.  Making the men launch over the table at the siblings. The man pulls Lilibet's hair, however she grabs his ear and pulls it as hard as she can making him release his grip.  Grace continues to shoot, trying not to hit one of the Shelby's. 

Grace shoots man that was after Elizabeth and she then helps Thomas. The man Thomas fighting slaps Elizabeth with his gun leaving her bleeding all over her cheek,  her brother sees red and pins him and bashes his head in until the man was unrecognisable. 

Elizabeth sat on the floor against the bar, heavy breathing looking at her brother, knowing if she tries to intervene she will get hurt.  Thomas was in war mode and when a man is in war mode, you do not go near him.  Thomas gets up and looks to Grace, before he could open his mouth, he gets cut off by his sister. 

"Why the fuck did you fucking shoot, you thick, snaky, bitch" Elizabeth screams at grace putting a knife to her throat, Grace backs up against a pole in defence of herself. 

"I-I didn't mean it like that" Grace stutters. 

"Elizabeth, calm" Thomas shouts at her, taking hold of his sister as she stares at the barmaid in pure rage. As far as Lilibet was concerned, The stupid bitch had fucked up their plans because she wanted to show Thomas Shelby she was brave, pathetic she thought. 

"Lili, please" Thomas talks directly to his sister. She scoffs, drops her knife and walks out her blood off of her cheek dripping onto the floor as she walked out. She met the coppers as they entered and she exited. 

"You were supposed to come in the sixth chime" She says to Moss as she pushes past them, in a soft, hushed tone. She began to walk home to Watery Lane.  As she stepped onto the path, she met eyes with him, exiting his house across the road.  The stop in each others gaze for a brief moment, until she opens her door and walks inside. Leaving him puzzled as to why her cheek was bleeding, and her as to why he was leaving his house so late at night.

"Where's daddy ?" Lilibet makes a sarcastic comment to her oldest brother as she notices him at by the fire. 

"He took five hundred from us" He spills. 

"No, you took five hundred from us" She corrects him.  

"Does Tommy know?" He asks her, in fear. 

"No, but he will, when you tell him" She tells him, whilst walking out the door into her bedroom to rest for the night, letting her wounded cheek bleed onto her pillow. 

Thomas, Finn and Lilibet go to Danny Whizzbangs grave, that the gun once lay the next morning.  Finn runs ahead, and by the look of his face the other two didn't even have to looks, they discovered that they were missing, which they expected. 

"There's gonna be trouble now Finn okay, we will be gone, go to Polly, she will bring you to Healys okay ?" Lilibet bends down to her brother, giving him a hug. He runs back home, whilst the older two head to the Garrison, not talking on the way there. 

"The police are in Digbeth Elizabeth, go somewhere" Thomas tells her as he enters the snug with Grace. 

"Will you be okay?" She asks her brother, who nods and gives her a kiss on the cheek.  Elizabeth makes a run to one of Ada's safe house, whether or not she will be there was a bargain.  Luckily for her however she was there because she was met with the screams of her newest nephew. 

"Ada, please let me in" Lilibet knocks at the door, making her nephew cry even more. "Ada, I will literally die if you don't, please" She tries to reason with her sister. 

She opens the door, thankfully her sister enters the small house. 

"Ada, it wasn't us, I promise" She hugs her sister who starts to tear up.

"I know, I believe you now, about that barmaid" She smiles to her younger sister. "Would you like to hold him?" 

"Yeah, of course" Elizabeth sits down, careful to not drop the baby, that even at the young age looks exactly like his father. 

"Here Karl, go to your auntie" Ada passes him off, seeing, how well her sister is handing there baby.  Even with a dirty cut on her cheek, a gun in her garter no doubt.  

Elizabeth smiles at the mention of her nephews name, and also that her and her sister are back friends. They settle in the old but somewhat charming flat and go through everything thats happened since Ada's been gone, Ruairi, The IRA men, and everything in-between.

She returns home early next day to meet Arthur and Thomas in kitchen.

"Polly told you?" Arthur and Thomas continue their conversation as their sister sits beside Thomas

"Yep" Thomas replies to Arthur.

"What?, Oh Arthur" Lilibet puts her hand over her mouth as she notices the rope marks on his neck. 

"Should have used a gun" Thomas jokes with him.

"As soon as things are starting to go okay, you do this?" Elizabeth scolds her biggest brother, rubbing his back. 

"Do you like fancy parties, champagne, fast cars?" Thomas asks him, getting an eager nod.

"Arthur Shelby, associate book maker" Elizabeth reveals his new title to him, watching his face slowly beam.  "You're one of four share holders"

"You, me, John, Thomas" Arthur says beaming. 

"Well me and the two fancy splitting your shares so next time, let me do it" Lilibet jokes as she gets up to make them tea. 

"The Copper's leaving town. We're in the clear brother" She hears Thomas tell Arthur.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 51.4K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
28.7K 1.3K 28
What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resistant about it. Well this happened with S...
6.9K 96 10
Follow Alicia's story on Bondi Beach. A/N: Title is going to change if I find another one. I'm also open for suggestions if you have one.
302K 7.5K 109
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...