His Solace

By keepupwithkai23

Sol-ace noun comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness. Twenty-three year old Korianna is just... More

Cast
CH. 1 Run-In
Ch. 2 The Crew
Ch. 3 Night Out
Ch. 4 Game Night
Ch.5 Bed & Breakfast
Ch. 6 Family Woes
Ch. 7 Renee's Reason
Ch.8 Future Plans
Ch. 9 Anonymous
Ch. 10 Date Night
Ch. 11 Closure?
Ch. 12 New Friend
Ch. 13 Transparency
Ch. 14 Happy Birthday
Ch. 15 Happy Birthday pt. 2
Ch. 16 Attitude Check
Ch. 17 A not so merry Christmas
Ch. 18 Unexpected Return
Ch. 19 Mrs. Woods
Ch. 20 Emergency
Ch. 21 Messy Masquerade
Ch. 22 Caught Up
Ch. 23 Latoya's Side
Ch. 24 Snake
Ch. 25 The Truth
Ch. 26 K&S
Ch. 27 Oops!
Ch. 28 Heated Discussion
Ch. 29 Reasonable Doubt
Ch. 30 Secrets Revealed
Ch. 31 Unfit Parent
Ch. 32 Bad Memory
Ch. 33 Safe Travels
Ch. 34 Bad Feeling
Ch. 35 Think Again
Ch. 36 Helpful Stranger
Ch.38 Backstabber
Ch. 39 Not So Stealth
Real Quick
Ch. 40 Reunited
Ch. 41 Reunited pt. 2
Ch. 42 On Your Own
CH. 43 Awkward Encounter
Ch. 44 A&T
Ch. 45 Family Secrets
Ch. 46 Surprise
Ch. 47 Saints Day

Ch. 37 Sneaky Creepy

535 33 18
By keepupwithkai23

Adrians Residence

"You don't think it's weird all this shit start happening as soon as you bought Cole around?" Adrians eyebrows raised he knew Noah and Cole couldn't stand each other but this was a new low for his friend.

The annoyance was written all over his face this petty beef between the two men was the least of his concerns. "So, what you trying to say?"

Noah just shook his head "I'm saying some way somehow he's involved. You been out the game since Aniyah was born, never had unpaid debts or bad blood with no one. Who wo-"

"Nigga you don't think the shit already crossed my mind?! My fuckin daughter's life is in someone else's hands and you talking bout some dumb shit!" Slamming his hand on the desk in frustration.

Noah watched Adrian's frustration boil over, understanding the depth of his concern for his daughter. He knew Adrian to be a devoted father, and the situation with Aniyah's disappearance had clearly pushed him to his limits he'd never seen him act as reckless and impulsive as this.

Adrian hadn't seen his daughter since Valentines Day weeks ago, assuming Katia was still mad about their argument he decided to give her a little space to cool down, but he missed Aniyah.

His concern grew when he arrived at Aniyah's school and the receptionist told him she'd been absent most of the week. "Why didn't anyone call me?!"

The receptionist quickly explained that he was no longer listed on her contact list and per school policy they were only allowed to call whomever was on file.

Adrian was livid, knowing he was crystal clear when he told Katia to keep Aniyah in Mrs. Moore and Koriannas class. She made so much progress but her mothers insecurities outweighed what was really important per usual.

Being unable to contact his child forced him to go searching for Katia her car was in the driveway but she wasn't home, none of her close friends or associates had seen or heard from her in a while either. Knowing how petty she could be he popped up at her job since she wouldn't answer any of his calls or texts. He hated coming to this side of town and felt like Katia purposely worked here just to spite him.

She worked as a bottle girl at a well-known strip club, but he knew better than that. Since he and Katia were no longer together, he stopped concerning himself with how she made he money as long as his daughter was safe, loved, and well taken care of he could care less with how her mother made a living.

When he arrived at the club he couldn't spot her but he felt someone watching him. You can take a person out the hood but you can't take the hood out of the person although he stopped running the streets when his daughter was born he still was on high alert and clutched his piece just incase wherever he went.

Obnoxiously loud music, cheap liquor, fake ballers, and half dressed women running around wasn't his scene at all. Turning around to head out he bumped into his distant cousin Cole.

"Damn how you been cuz?" Cole shouted over the music the two were never too close growing up only seeing each other a few times a year.

Adrian's tension eased slightly at the sight of his cousin Cole, though he still kept his guard up. Family ties were complicated, especially when it came to someone like Cole, who had a reputation for being involved in shady activities.

"Cole, what are you doing here?" Adrian asked, trying to keep his voice steady despite the unease he felt in the club.

Cole smirked, his eyes scanning the crowded club with a knowing glint. "Just here to handle some business, you know how it is," he replied casually, though Adrian could sense there was more to it than that.

Adrian raised an eyebrow, sensing dishonesty from the man. "Business, huh? What kind of business?" he pressed, his instincts telling him that there was something off about the situation.

Cole shrugged nonchalantly, though there was a hint of tension in his posture. "Just some deals, nothing you need to worry about," he said dismissively, though Adrian could tell he was hiding something.

Adrian debated whether to press further, but he knew that getting into it with Cole in the middle of a crowded club wouldn't do anyone any good. Instead, he nodded curtly, making a mental note to keep an eye on his cousin.

Adrian could tell by his dingy appearance that Cole was using something he'd served enough fiends to know one when he saw one.

Ever since then he couldn't shake his cousin he received various messages and voicemails from an unknown number. The most recent message stated his child was being held for ransom and in addition to providing $500,000 cash he was required to deliver someone Korianna

He explained the situation to his long time confidant Noah who suggested he go to the police but the alarming video attached to the message showed his daughter crying and shaking in fear the unidentifiable voice threatened to kill the girl and her mother if he alerted authorities.

Collecting the cash wasn't a problem it was convincing Korianna to willingly come with him that's when Cole came up with the idea to watch her. Little did Adrian know his cousin had been doing so way before Aniyahs kidnapping.

As they kept a close watch on Korianna, Adrian's mind raced with thoughts of the risks and consequences of their actions. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt for involving Korianna, a seemingly innocent bystander, in their dangerous game. Yet, the thought of his daughter's safety surpassed any future repercussion and he continued with the plan.

He didn't know how Kori was connected to all this but he had to do whatever to get his baby girl back. Noah didn't want to know the details he was asked to drive from point A to point B he never imagined Adrian okaying a kidnapping in broad day and he certainly wasn't expecting the hostages to be women and children.

"I didn't sign up to help you take hostages this ain't me then you got this nigga trynna take advantage of her. I'm a lotta things but a woman beater and rapist ain't none of em" Noah expressed.

The men had no idea Melissa was listening on the other side of the door she was headed to Koriannas room when she overheard the heated conversation.

Knocking interrupted Koriannas thoughts she'd locked herself in the room since the car incident. "Kori honey it's me"

When she opened the door she could hear Adrian and Noah going back and forth but she didn't know what it was about. Glad the men were distracted the two women hugged and filled each other in on the days events.

"I'm so sorry I dragged y'all into this mess Sinceres never going to forgive me a-and we were just getting back good" Kori couldn't help but cry her anxiety was through the roof and it seemed like everyday she found a new reason to blame herself for the situation.

If what Melissa overheard was true then Adrian just wanted his child back she would have rather him come to her than get Saint and Mrs. Knight involved though.

"Korianna baby I don't blame you and I'm sure my son's raising hell to get back to all of us. He loves you and knows you'd never willingly put you or anyone else in danger. You've done nothing but welcome my son, grandson, and I with love and open arms."

Melissa expressed genuinely "You look exhausted you want us to go while you take a nap?"

Kori quickly shook her head no "P-please don't leave me in here alone" she was terrified of what Cole might do if he ever got her alone again.

Melissa agreed to stay the two sent a few photos to Sincere and Bishop just to ease everyone's mind. Kori also managed to send a photo of just Melissa and Saint to Sam to which he responded still beautiful as ever.

Kori wanted to ask Melissa about Samuel more specifically his death but felt it wasn't the time nor the place. Mentally and emotionally exhausted she soon dozed off while Melissa and Saint got comfortable beside her.

Some hours later...

He slipped inside her room making sure to quietly close and lock the door behind him. The older woman mistakenly left the door cracked when she went downstairs to make dinner allowing Cole to enter the bedroom.

His anticipation grew once he heard the shower water now he got the chance to see her naked body. Cracking the bathroom door open little by little he felt himself harden having the perfect view of her petite frame from the mirror.

Cole licked his lips as the water beads fell from her perky breast and flat stomach he fondled himself lowly moaning at the sight. He yearned to feel and taste Kori since the first day he seen her.

The man was so preoccupied watching her that he didn't hear the first few knocks at the door. Once they became louder and faster he knew he had to sneak out of the bedroom undetected.

Waiting a few minutes after he heard the footsteps becoming fainter he slipped out the room and headed towards the stairs

Adrian's eyes narrowed as he watched Cole sneak out of the room, his disgust simmering beneath the surface. The sight of his cousin, whose loyalty had always been questionable, slinking around filled him with a mix of anger and betrayal.

Silently seething, Adrian waited until Cole disappeared from view before stepping out of the shadows, his footsteps echoing softly on the floorboards.

A/N: Please excuse any mistakes this is unedited 💕

I be so geeked when y'all comment as I'm updating 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 3.8K 54
Knowing what you want and allowing what you don't want is surely an hard thing and Demar had been biding his time. One thing for certain is that he d...
47 0 14
Deep down I don't feel anything. Pain is nonsense If you ask me nothing can ever save my soul. Except. . . . . . You I'm Roman she's Michelle we're...
94 14 9
What happens when you fall in love with the unknown, and the unknown Disappears
17.4K 1.8K 20
Solana Jacobs was raised in a town where her future was predicted based on her mother who couldn't let go of drugs. After moving to start a new life...