crossroads {holes}

By lilsmils1179

"where's the lake?" in which a girl get's sent to 'camp green lake' for something she didn't do, but took th... More

cast part 1
cast part 2 & playlist
prelude
¹ court hearing
² first day at camp
³ who's ladybird?
⁴ the first hole's the hardest
⁵ tiene dientes
⁶ my favourite song
⁷ haircut
⁹ zero
¹⁰ aliens?
¹¹ spiders
¹² the sylvia plath effect
¹³ ziggy played guitar
¹⁴ letters from home
¹⁵ wait... I know you!
¹⁶ stan's first day
¹⁷ birthday
¹⁸ ridiculous

⁸ cramps

182 3 2
By lilsmils1179

"Yo, did y'all hear about Cheese?" Armpit asked us, walking in the Wreck Room, Squid behind him. I was tired from washing the Wardens car as well as digging, so I was curled into a ball, resting my head on Magnet's lap.

"The food or the guy?" I yawned. "The guy," he rolled his eyes. "He left today, man. He got to go home." He complained. Squid stood in front of Mag. "Hey," I looked up at him, a small smiled painted, my lips. "Hi," He drawled. "Magnet, get up."

"No, dude. He's my pillow." I frowned. "Mag, get up." He ignored me, Magnet stood up, my head hit off of the sofa. He went over the pool table, muttering something in Spanish. Squid took Magnet's place and I just rested my head on him, sighing. Well that's odd. I can't be arsed arguing though.

Squid started messing with my freshly washed, damp hair. He was lifting strands and trying to attempt a plait. "You need to get three sections to plait it." I instructed. "I ain't tryin' ta braid it." He shrugged.

"Hey," Taylor greeted, coming to sit by my feet. She'd gotten a nickname now too, hers was Blondie. She made a comment to me that morning about how creative it was.

I'd discarded by boots on the floor in front of me. She lifted my legs onto her lap. "Hi! You all right?" I titled my head to her slightly. "Yeah, I'm all good. You?"

"Just peachy." I replied in a southern accent. "Oh goddamn it." Zig mumbled, he was sat a few feet ahead, centimetres away from crawling into the crappy TV. "What's up Ziggy?" I asked, still faking an accent.

"Piece of shit broke again. Where's Tech?" Tech was a nerdy guy in E tent, he got caught hacking into government data.

"He's in the shower." Lump grunted. The whole rule about our tents not being near each other didn't really follow through, so I just kept my distance.

Though I think he was still wary of me punching him again. You could still see the cut on his face that my rings had made.

Zigzag got up and stalked out of the room, going to drag Tech out of the shower. Suddenly a bell rang. "That's the dinner bell. Zigs gonna be so annoyed." Squid said quietly, tapping me on the shoulder to get up.

"No way am I getting up. You wanted to sit here, you're the new pillow." He simply sighed and stood up, my head whacking off of the couch, again.

He grabbed my hand and pulled my upright, chucking me my shoes, despite my many protests. "Blondie, help me! This is bullying! Help!"

"No can-do Lady. I've got banana jello waiting for me." I gave in, pulling my shoes on, leaving the laces undone and stumbling to the Mess Hall. "You're gonna trip." Squid warned as I went up the stairs. "No I ain-"

I did trip. Luckily, Alan caught me by the elbow and set me upright, crouching down to tie my laces. "The fuck are you doing?" I laughed. "Tying your shoes." He shrugged. I whispered a small 'okay then' and then we went to get our 'food'.

"Right, discussion of the day." I announced to the boys. "What 3D shape is the worst? Barfbag, go."
He swallowed the mouthful of beans he was eating before answering.

"Square based pyramid. Obviously." I nodded and turned to the next person. "Sphere." Squid said, his mouth full of food. I turned again. "Cuboid." Armpit decided.

"Cylinder." X-ray laughed. Zigzag thought for a moment before deciding, "All of 'em." I rolled my eyes. "Nope, that don't count, you have to pick one."

"Fine, a sphere." I nodded, pleased. "Magnet?"
"A cube, they remind me of cages that they keep puppies in." He frowned slightly, and I patted him on the arm. "What d'you think it is Ladybird?"

"A cone. They're so unnecessary." "What about ice-cream cones?" Zig wondered. "Ew, they're gross. I don't like wafers and stuff."

They all looked disgusted, as if I just put a curse on their families. I shrugged and carried on eating. Suddenly a sharp pang of pain hit me in the stomach, and my bones felt all wrong in my skin. Great.

The dull pain lingered in my stomach until after dinner and when I went to the bathroom before going back to the Wreck room I saw the culprit.

Luckily I made Blondie wait outside the bathroom a pad at the ready. After I sorted that out, I slowly made my way back to the lumpy couch.

I gave up sitting there bored, and decided to watch static with Zigzag. "Hey," he greeted, not taking his eyes off of the pixelated screen. "What's on?" I asked him. "Some old film. I think it's an Elvis one."

My eyes adjusted to the screen and 'Jailhouse Rock' was on. "Awk, it's Jailhouse Rock! I love this film. Blondie, c'mere." Tay, Zig and I were smushed next to each other our eyes not leaving the screen. Blondie and I sang when our favourite songs came on and when it got to the end of the film I began to cry.

Brilliant, just fantastic. I haven't cried in nearly two weeks and now I'm sobbing over Elvis. "Are you okay?" The boy with wide eyes asked me cautiously. I nodded, but hot tears kept streaming down my sunburnt face. Now I'd started crying, I'd cry about everything.

"Y... Yeah, I'm good." I let out another sob. "I'm just..." Someone passed me my canteen, telling me to drink. My vision was blurry and everyone looked like they were underwater.

"Hey," Squid sat next to me, Blondie, who had her arm around me, and Zig had moved over slightly. "What's up?" I took a deep breath, trying to calm down, but I literally couldn't. He guided me out of the Wreck Room and to our tent, trying to wipe some of the tears from my face.

I sat on my bed, my legs crossed and he just sat next to me, silently. I hugged him and he held me back, smoothimg down my hair. Eventually after what felt like hours but was actually around fifteen minutes, I stopped crying.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "What'cha sorry for?" He let out a breathy laugh. "Making a big deal..." I shrugged. I let go and sat up to look at him. He reached up and cupped my face, his thumbs drying my face. I was positive my face was even redder. "It's fine. Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I... I've erm just got a stomach ache, and I'm exhausted." He nodded, somewhat understanding. "You might as well go to sleep now, if you wanted. It's nearly lights out soon anyways."

"Okay.." I lay down, holding his hand. "D'you want me to stay here with you?" He asked. Yes. "I don't mind, it's up to you." Idiot. You should've said yeah. He said a small okay and nodded, leaving me alone in the tent.

Ouch.

I lay there staring at the floor, my cramps not easing. I kinda thought Squid would've stayed... Eventually I fell asleep, only waking once when the boys entered the tent. By then it was dark out and I was only half asleep.

The next day was practically hell on earth, even more so than usual. The warm air was unsettling and my stomach cramps made my whole body ache.

Seeing that I was uncomfortable, Squid carried my shovel for me. Armpit noticed, and obviously had to make a joke about it. I, already pissed off, said something snarky back. "What's up with you today? You on your period or somethin'?" He asked rudely.

"Yeah, actually I am. Fuck you." I snatched my shovel off of Squid, nuttering a small thank you and stormed off. Slightly dramatic, but oh well.

(writer speaks:

heyy, so I've been writing this for a few days and I'm so sorry it took a while to get finished. a majority of this was written at two in the morning, so my apologies for well most of it... anyways, I hope you're all doing well

-lils x )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 126 7
It was like canvas tearing, and now I'm in your bloodstream, can you feel me smile? Papa hits Mama. Daddy doesn't care. Sing it with me. They all hat...
5.5K 320 27
Meet Jimmy. He's the guy with all the problems, the screw up who always acts like a complete and total jerk. The one guy that's forever in trouble. W...
101K 1.7K 17
Mr. Sir's daughter is a counsellor at Camp Green Lake. She is only young, but the campers treat her with as much respect as they give the other couns...