That time I failed as an Auth...

Galing kay elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... Higit pa

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 38: Author and Character

1K 54 22
Galing kay elite3532

3rd Pov

Inside the Jura forest, Rimuru had now formed an alliance with the lizardman and took the orc under his leadership.

Now the chancellor of this forest, Rimuru's small village was developing at a very scary pace.

He had finished a few days ago naming all the orcs and was now chilling watching his citizens festing for the end of the war.

Rimuru : By the way, Noir-san...can you tell me more about the underworld ?

Noir : Gladly my lord.

Bowing, Noir had been staying at Rimuru side ever since they came back, he had proven himself useful as he coordoned the different team, gave instruction to ease Rimuru's job and more.

He was truly a competent man...

Noir : The underworld is a spiritual world where all demons reside...for its aesthetic, there is unfortunately nothing much of a desolate land filled with destruction.

Rimuru : Must be hard to live there...

Noir : We demons have no need of food or drink, most of us are just guided by power so fighting becomes a natural means in the underworld.

Rimuru : I see...also, you know Dawn-san from before right...

Noir nodded.

Rimuru : Can you tell me more about him too ? I feel like he is going to be important in the future.

Noir : Mmh, our first encounter was around 900 years ago...

Rimuru : 9-900...(Damn...how old are you guys ?! You could be the ancestor of my grandpa...)

Noir : It was in a nation called Lumeria thought in the current era, that nation is no longer.

Rimuru : i- i see...

Noir let out a small smirk as he continued his narration...it was one of those rare occasions where two primordials were summoned in the same place.

Lumeria, kingdom of light was located where the current Ruberios was...you could say Luminous Valentine took the destroyed land and rebuilded it from scratch.

But before that, Lumeria was a land that worshiped a false god of light...the record didn't remember much of it because of its short story.

When Noir was summoned there, the kingdom had barely 70 years since its creation...and 3 years after, the land was abandoned.

Flashback

At that time, Dawn was still traveling with Horizon who had awakened as a saint.

They have been to various places and pretty much wandered the entire world, now building a small reputation as champion or hero in the western nation.

Passing through Lumeria kingdom, Dawn immediately knew that something was wrong here...the demonic energy was just too potent.

Dawn : (Maybe another kingdom corrupted by demons?)

Horizon : Dawn-san ?

Dawn : Can you feel it too ?

Horizon : Yes, from the street all the way to the royal palace...there are demons hidden among the citizens.

Looking around, he already noticed a few demons monitoring them...

Horizon : It's well hidden but I can also feel several archdemon...this is a serious case.

Dawn : Your detection skill improved...(Violet, huh...this must be another one of her playground and since it isn't mentioned in the novel, then Lumeria will probably get destroyed by her.)

But suddenly, another presence clicked in Dawn's mind...it was much more terrifying and well hidden than the other.

Looking at his side, it seems Horizon didn't manage to get it this one.

Dawn : (Is that Violet ? No, she shouldn't be able to get here...it must be another primordial summoned from sacrifice...Noir.)

Horizon : Is something wrong ?

Dawn : No...the demons are already wary of me because I keep releasing some True hero haki...so this time I want you to take care of this alone.

Horizon : I see...then I'll excuse myself.

Horizon is already a few hundreds years old, he had much more experience than some of the demon lords themself.

Such a talent who died and never appeared in the novel...otherworlder has all similar potential to Hinata.

They are just not exploited...

Dawn : (Horizon should get this done in a few days for now..should i go meet Noir ? Or leave the kingdom?)

His presence even hidden would agitate the demons, after a true hero and demon were like natural enemies.

Dawn : You seem to be enjoying yourself...

Crossing paths with him as he walked, a man cladded in black with a large cape hiding everything but a few strands of hair.

Dawn spoke up, he was clearly not normal...

Dawn : I thought I might have to go meet you but to think you will come to me...Noir, progenitor of black.

Noir : Kufufu, what an interesting human you are...just per curiosity, how did you find out ?

Not even facing each other, both were back to back talking in the middle of the crowded street...their conversation happened under whisper.

Dawn : While you are hiding your presence, it's easy to recognize a primordial person if you have already met one.

He already met Rouge or Guy Crimson when he visited Velzard, so finding Noir wasn't much of a problem.

They were similar while Noir was more quiet and mysterious...his previous knowledge about the novel helped too.

Noir : I see, judging from your aura...you are a hero ? Why talk to me when you should just slice my neck ?

Dawn : Heroes are the guardians of humanity who have to fight against the demons...this bullshit was created by the human who feared our power and tried to use it to fit their thirst. Do you really believe in that crap ?

Noir : Kufufu, so you won't hunt me down ?

Dawn : The demons in this kingdom are from the Violet lineage, you have nothing to do here...as long as you leave without causing a ruckus, I won't take action.

His eyes were shining dangerously, despite not being able to see them...Noir understood the danger.

He is a primordial who had lived since the dawn of time, he could easily tell how dangerous this hero is.

Noir : Unfortunately, I have to refuse...you see someone made a commision to me and now I'm just merely doing my job.

Dawn : I see, then I have nothing more to say.

Noir expected more resistance or even a fight but to his shock, Dawn just walked forward...he didn't seem like he wasn't going to stop Noir.

Noir : (What a stranger human...what more is that he felt so...incomplete to talk with?)

Dawn : (This will be good training for Horizon...I need him to be at least capable of fighting the likes of the imperial soldier in the future.)

Flashback end

Noir : This was our very first meeting.

Rimuru : I see...what happened after that ?

Noir : Well Violet managed to get a body and started meaningless destruction...at the end, i couldn't assist what happened afterward as the offering for my body was too low.

Noir had to return to the underworld shortly after Violet's arrival...he didn't see what happened afterward but rumors had been going that Violet was killed.

She resurrected way later and didn't want to disclose what happened.

Noir : I suspect sir Dawn to have engaged in a fight against Violet, last time when my lord summoned me, i could properly see how dreadful of an individual he is...

As prideful as he is, there was only one individual present in Lumeria who could take on a primordial demon.

And this was him...

Noir : My lord, if I may give you advice...it would be to be careful around the likes of him.

Rimuru : The like of him ?

Noir : In this world, there are foes that could wipe out the world itself if not controlled...the true dragons, demon lord Guy Crimson or the emperor Rudra Nam Ul Nasca are pretty famous people considered to be the very peak of our world.

Rimuru : (True dragon...Veldora is one of them right...so he is that strong.)

Noir : But recently, this man Dawn Arceid appeared to be a total anomaly, his intentions are unknown yet his power keeps increasing...he might just become another catastrophic being if this continues (What more is that he didn't seem to understand his own existence...)

Rimuru just stared at Noir as he spoke, he didn't seem worried or anything...more than that it felt like a genuine warning.

Rimuru : I see...I'll keep it in mind...

Dawn Pov

Where am I ? Heh...this strangely reminds me of the day I reincarnated in this world...the world was totally black until I opened my eyes...

Dawn : Maybe I would wake up in front of my computer writing my stor-my ?

Why do I feel uncomfortable when saying that...this is weird, is it because the seal on my memories is opening ?

Before I knew it, I found myself staring at a vast sea of darkness...I didn't know if my eyes were open or not...I felt like letting myself float through an invisible sea...

Is this my subconscious ? I did pass out...how long has it been now ? My sense of time wasn't reliable here...

???: We meet again, huh.

Startled, I tried looking around but nothing...no, there was someone here...i just couldn't see him.

The world was spinning around and changing as i thought, isn't this my mindscape ? Why is it reacting that way...

???: The time has finally come, our game has finally begun.

Straightening my back, I stared ahead of me...the previous sea of darkness closed on itself, a wall made of mirrors formed...

Staring at my reflection, I felt a sense of disgust...behind me was another figurine, his body height was slightly smaller than mine.

Our backs facing each other, I couldn't see his face but the feeling of uncomfort kept growing...

Dawn : Who are you ?

???: Oh right, you forgot...but we already met a long time ago, well that's not quite right too.

The surrounding shattering, a new landscape appeared...a vast plain filled with grass and a few trees but no animals or signs of life other than us.

???: Tell me, did you find the answer to that question already ?

Dawn : What question ?

???: That's really troublesome you know, I promised you to not unseal your memories as long as you don't give me a proper answer.

Dawn : (Unseal...does that mean he is the one who put that seal on me ? That would explain why my own seal failed.)

???: Well I appeared today, that means you actually have the answer, you are just not conscious of it.

I still couldn't see him...but the more we talked the more I felt like I knew him...but at the same time, the feeling disgusted me.

???: Let's get the answer then.

Following his words, his body was eaten by flames coming from nowhere...the vast plain too started to burn...

Like a picture torn and burned, everything collapsed on itself as the fire died before reaching me...the landscape changed again.

My mind became agitated as I recognized this new location...a single modern apartment room.
A simple bed, a few personal belongings that I knew way too well...and a desk with a computer on it, the screen was lit.

A single window opens on the monitor, a white page with few words written...

Dawn : « Who are you? »

I couldn't help but read it out aloud...suddenly, the familiar figurine that brought me here appeared beside me.

I tried looking at him but a black fog covered his entire body...only a faceless head could be seen...

???: Let me ask you again...who are you ?

What is the meaning of this question...he couldn't just be asking for my name.

Returning my attention to the computer, the words written turned red...

???: You don't seem to understand...what do you think of this room ?

Dawn : Shut up...

This room was a big part of my...life, the room where I...died before reincarnating.

The same room where I...failed everything...

???: You seem hesitant at calling this place YOUR room.

Dawn : I said shut up...

???: Let me ask you again, Who are you ?

Dawn : I said shut up !

Rage built up in my head as I punched the black fog...everything dispersed around before reforming on my other side.

???: You start to remember right, our first encounter.

Dawn : You piece of sh-

But he was right...a constant flux of information was hitting my brain, slowly but surely I was going to remember what was sealed...

And the question too...the question he had asked me when we first met...

???: You remember everything now...we meet again...how should i call you now ?

3rd Pov

His eyes going blank for a moment, Dawn remembered everything...the memories weren't pleasant to say the least.

Turning his head toward the black fog, this entity slowly took a concrete form...a young man whose face was hidden by a long cape.

Only This moving mouth could be seen...

Dawn : Dawn..

???: I see...is that your answer ?

The one asking this question is...the Author, the one writing this story, the one wording the white page...

Dawn : You asked me, whereas I was Dawn Arceid, a man born in this story with the memories of Elite3532 or Elite3532, the one outside the story who reincarnated into Dawn Arceid's body.

Author : That's right...so your answer ?

Elite3532, there is a misunderstanding about this character...he was known to be a fanfiction Author who failed in writing his own novel.

But Elite3532 isn't the Author, he is just another character...the plot, an Author who gets reincarnated into his favorite story.

This question is similar to : Are you god because you created the world or you created the world because you are god...

Dawn : I believe there were two stages in my life...the first one before the 2000 years timeskip and the one after...

He noticed it, now that he was back to his full self...with all his memories, this was clear...before his life was awkward at a certain level but now this feeling was gone.

To give you an idea, it's like...if someone actually wrote this story, the one doing it Elite3532...

But at the same time, Dawn was Elite...writing his own story, it felt awkward to ship himself with another character...

Like writing a lemon about yourself would be cringe...but now that feeling is gone...

Dawn : Because, I am Dawn Arceid...those memories have nothing to do with my identity.

Author : Is that so ? Can you really say that those memories influenced your entire life ?

Dawn : Yes because I am myself.

His answer was firm...Author just stood there accepting his answer...A large door made of light appeared behind him...

Dawn saw that and began to walk toward it...passing by an Author who stayed frozen like a status.

Dawn : I already accepted being Dawn Arceid...so don't pretend to be someone else.

Author : ...

His words were cold as he walked through the door...the sound of glass shattering as he stopped halfway.

The ultimate skill : Lord of Stories shattered too...it wasn't his skill but the fantasm of his memories.

His true skill was always the Lord of Fate : Origin...

Dawn : You said that it was the start of our game right...you haven't disclosed that information yet...

Author : Right...good luck Dawn Arceid, because the true villain of this story is just behind you.

Without turning around, Dawn understood...yes he understood the Author more than anyone as he had lived thinking he was him for a long time.

Author : Work hard getting your favored ending because I'm going to crush you...mere character...

His voice dripping in anger, Dawn nodded and left...

Back to reality, he opened his eyes as the sight of a raspy ceiling he recognized as Ramiris's labyrinth came to view.

Dawn : (So i am back...)

Dawn Pov

The situation was complicated, the one known as Author...he is the one who implemented the memories of Elite3532 into me...

Elite3532, the same one from my memories, was nothing but another character for the Author...I was him but he wasn't me.

Those memories were given to me before even my birth...can i really be someone else if all my memories were replaced ?

But in this case, his memories were mine as I didn't have anything else...I was born with those memories and lived with them.

But I know I am not Elite3532...because I precisely had his memories and understood them as if they were mine.

And despite having those memories, I still acted differently from Elite...simply because I wasn't him...but a character created by the Author with someone else's memories.

Perhaps, it was even Elite who wrote my character as I can see myself creating someone like Dawn Arceid.

Dawn : This was something I could only understand because I had his memories since birth.

But no matter how, a creation couldn't be his creator...a character couldn't be his author.

I am Dawn Arceid, not some kind of Author...this answer i couldn't give before leading to this seal on my memories...

My existential crisis...all is gone.

That panel to select the setting of this world...which Rimuru Tempest this world will welcome...this was a scheme from the Author to change the story.

Dawn : Unknown...i chose a route that wasn't completed..a simple route that will follow the main canon route.

I had convinced myself that i...or rather Author had written this story because Tensura was his ideal novel...in the end i believe the Author was jealous of Tensura and wanted to change the story to make it his.

That's why...I came so far, given memories of someone else to survive...just so I could change the story.

Even during the Orc invasion, Rimuru had no intention in summoning Noir, it was me who convinced him to do so.

The foundation of this route is...Rimuru Tempest, a slime with unconditional potential will rise above all being in the cardinal world, build his nation and achieve World peace.

Dawn : This is the ending I am thriving for...

The natural ending of Tensura, while the Author wants this story to become his, changes everything to make a new one...

What I don't understand is why isn't he forcing the world to change ? As the Author, he should have every power to alter reality...but then the answer is clear.

This isn't a novel but reality. The Author might be someone who wants to get a hold over Tensura's story but...it isn't his.

I had chosen a route that belonged to the original to no one...a storyline that has no proper conclusion...i will lead it to the end.

Dawn : A game of chess between me and the author, huh...

Slowly getting up, I found myself in an empty room...where did Ramiris go ?

Dawn : Ugh...

Before I could even properly stand up, I felt a sharp pain traversing my chest...it must be the sudden void left by the Lord of stories : Author.

Now that i think, i was influenced to follow a certain ever since i used the skill : Author and it's evolution...yeah right, i remember...

When i was traveling...i discovered all the truth by using Author skill, the Author was manipulating me through my skill...

But he still had to follow the rules of this world...for me to awaken the skill Author, I need to have the memories of one.

And who better than Elite who had failed in his quest...despair, depression, sadness, shame and regret...

With all these emotions, there was no way I couldn't awaken the skills I had...

Anyway, after our first meeting...I had lost the will to use the Lord of stories even if it meant losing most of my power.

But since I was still useful to him...the Author decided to spare me and put this seal on my memories...asking me the last question before.

« Who are you ? »

Subconsciously, I had lived 2000 years to answer this question...I don't know how I got out of his control or how things didn't go as the Author planned.

But just now, I found my answer...I was Dawn Arceid.

Dawn : No...maybe it's because of you...

Holding my chest, the pain subdued as instead a warm feeling filled the void...it was the Ultimate skill : Lord of Fate, Origin.

The true skill that belonged to me...if an ultimate skill managed to counter his influence, then maybe the Author wasn't as powerful as i thought.

I couldn't help but smile sincerely, Origin might have guided and protected me until now...so i don't become Elite3532 but stay as Dawn Arceid.

Fate is a night-omnipresent concept that bound most living beings, not even inanimate things...perhaps Origin even looked after me before I awakened as A true hero.

Ramiris : Hey ! That was my masterpiece ! You destroyed it !

Suddenly, Ramiris voice rang through the labyrinth...i quickly turned around and tried to look for her but she wasn't here.
The room was closed too...heh, it's time for me to get out now...

For 1900 years I actually never used the Lord of stories but instead used a very low portion of Origin and developed other skills, after all i had 2 awakening with my hero eggs.

When you think about it, they are pretty similar...when I erased the blood from the bandit camp, I actually altered the fate of the element known as blood...

Dawn : Open a path for me, fate...

Shaking the labyrinth itself...the wall that was previously closed opened making a long path for me to walk in.

The way I used Origin is a lot more comfortable and natural...I could feel it.

At the end of this corridor is Ramiris who seems to be fighting someone...wait, she just talked about her masterpiece which is her golem.

And the one who destroyed it is...Rimuru ?! That means, did I went unconscious for 2 whole years ?!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

226 13 9
Jimmy enjoys a rich suburban life and has everything basketball, friends, and the ability to get whatever he wants. Then one day he lost all of that...
4.4K 229 20
Raj a average guy struggling with poverty and his life dies by the hands of some not important bastard. While bleeding to his death he wishes to be r...
6.4K 214 5
I dont own tensei shitara slime datta ken it belongs to fuze Some of it might belong to the game Isekai slime Spoilers! WN and LN I dont own any of...
13.5K 172 23
Tensura x (OP Female and Male OC) Tensei shitara slime datta ken Fanfiction Description: (Changed) This is the story of an Unknown individual with ma...