Hating You

Par marvelshi

{ENEMIES TO LOVERS} Ivory Fernández and Kylian De Luca. She's the top assassin. He's the top mafia leader... Plus

introduction <3
my amazing characters
01 | found you
02 | accompany the enemy
03 | message received
04 | rory
05 | training test
06 | under attack
07 | bad boys
08 | first mission
09 | just keep swimming
10 | it's not a date
11 | friends
12 | avengers assemble
13 | second mission
14 | one star motel
15 | watching the stars
16 | pick up lines
17 | italy
18 | secrets
19 | birthday girl
20 | training session
21 | rooftop
22 | drunk words, sober thoughts
23 | speedy
24 | black ops three
25 | midnight talks
26 | the annual ball
27 | life isn't fair
28 | extraction
29 | stay
30 | truth or a lie
31 | fast and furious
32 | vienna, austria
34 | eeny meeny, miny moe
35 | connected by light
36 | comfort
38 | one v. one
39 | father of the year
40 | forever
epilogue
authors note <3

33 | confessions

463 15 77
Par marvelshi

here's ur crazy chapter you all have been waiting for, play the song when i tell you too for dramatic effect 😉

also do we like the masquerade masks ?

After a long and annoying week, the mission is finally today. The most important mission ever. We've all been training and doing practice tests for this day.

I've also talked to Dr. Arya and she said Ivory is good to go. Of course she didn't tell me anything else though, some client privilege thing. And to be honest, if it was anyone else, I'd force the doctor to tell me but it's Ivory, and I want to respect her. She'll tell me everything when she's ready. I'm so sure she lied about a lot of stuff to the doctor anyway.

But I'd never let what happened to her happen again, especially now. Nothing is going to go wrong today.

If it does. I'm sure the world hates me and I might as well kill myself before the Russians do. Joking... of course.

I fix some curls that are on my face and finally put on my masquerade mask. It's black and gold which matches my suit perfectly. It's all black with a gold handkerchief and cufflinks.

After this mission, I'm going to start holding masquerade balls because why the fuck do I look so good.

Or fly... as Kylo would say. None of us have forgotten that moment and Isiah makes sure Kylo knows that.

I leave my room and head downstairs. The only people there were Isiah, Elio, Riley, and Bella. I guess Kylo and Ivory aren't ready yet. That's not shocking since she was late last time but I wonder what Kylo's doing?

"You're looking," Isiah says but he can't finish his sentence since he bursts out laughing. He didn't even finish his joke. "Fly, I know," I chuckle, placing my hand on his shoulder.

At the start, we didn't get along but to be fair he's a nice bloke. And I'm not going to lie I did think he had a little crush on Ivory but that was my bad.

"Why are they taking so long, gosh," Elio scoffs, looking at the watch on his wrist. He's right we've got to leave in ten minutes if we want to make it on time. They close the doors and stop letting people in soon.

"Let's just wait for them outside," Riley suggests and we do. Riley and Isiah are in the same car, of course, Kylo and Bella, Elio and one of my best woman bodyguards, then Ivory and me.

I don't know if that's going to go well. But maybe we can talk or something?

"Sorry, sorry," I hear Ivory's voice say as she rushes out the front doors, trying to clip on a necklace around her neck but clearly struggling.

I watch her carefully, eyeing her up and down as she walks down the steps. Wow. Wow is the only thing that comes to my mind right now.

How can someone be this beautiful?

She's wearing a black dress that has gold details running up the side, matching with her masquerade mask which also matches mine.

"You're definitely fashionably late, wow girl," Riley laughs, holding Ivory's hand and giving her a twirl. Damn, just kiss her then.

"Always have to be," she shrugs with a slight smile. She is a princess, anyway.

Her eyes meet mine for a split second before she looks back down. "Can't get your necklace on?" I ask her, looking at the diamond necklace in her hand. "It's whatever," she shrugs.

I lean down, getting to her height, and mutter into her ear, "I'll help you with it once we're in the car, love." I didn't mean to call her love, it slipped out. I guess I'm too used to it.

"Finally, you took ten years!" Elio exclaims as Kylo jogs down the few steps in front of us. "Because I had to take my nervous before mission shit," he huffs.

"Kylo," I grimace, "we didn't need to know that." He could have just said he was using the bathroom. What's wrong with this kid?

"Was it-" Isiah was about to ask before Riley cuts him off. "Isiah, no," she says sternly, "car, now."

Before he could say anything, she drags him to the car they're in. Oh... if Isiah is letting her boss him around he's definitely in love.

Everyone then gets in the car assigned to them. Because of Kylo, we might be late. Oh, my days.

"This one, Kylian?" Ivory asks me, pointing to the X6M Comp. I nod my head and she laughs dryly, "Of course." What? I'm a BMW guy.

"Wait for me there, yeah? I gotta talk to the guards," I inform her and she simply nods before walking towards it.

"Listen, make sure nothing goes wrong," I tell them. "If you think something is about to happen, tell me. We can't fuck this up, you guys understand?" They all nod their heads. "Oh and don't let anything fucking happen to Ivory again, not one hair on her head can get misplaced. If she dies, so do all of you."

I don't wait for their responses before turning around and heading towards to car. I think they understand what I meant.

Getting in, I notice Ivory is still struggling trying to put on her necklace. I knock on the wall that's separating us from the driver and he takes that as a hint to drive.

"I said I'll help you with the necklace," I mutter and she just shrugs at me. I let out a sigh before taking the necklace. She turns her body around and I gently move her hair in the way. It's too beautiful for me to mess it up. Carefully, I clip the necklace.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" I whisper in her ear and she doesn't hesitate to push me away. "Um, that's a little too close, Dory," she scoffs.

"My fault, darling," I clear my throat, spreading my legs out and adjusting my hips to get comfortable in my seat.

This is going to be an awkward fifteen-minute ride.

***

We step in front of the large doors and the guards, my hand placed on her lower back. She clears her throat and looks down, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Names?" the guard asks. "Alexander and Clara Allard," I state firmly, knowing it's all bullshit and yet it's gonna work. Dumbasses.

He gives us a stern nod and lets us in. "First step, too easy," Ivory mutters under her breath. "Don't jinx it," I chuckle and see her fight back her smile.

I take a look around the place and huge, to say the least. High ceiling, massive chandeliers, paintings all over the place -which I'm guessing cost a fortune-, and many people dressed in suits and gowns.

"Is everyone in?" I ask quietly through the earpiece as Ivory and I walk around the place. A few seconds later, everyone replies saying yes. Okay, we're good for now.

A guy walks up to us and as he removes his mask with a big smile, I recognise him. The mole. He's the reason we got this location and got us in.

"Ahlan, long time no see," he grins, shaking my hand. "Marhaba Adam, keyfak?" I ask. He's an old friend, does favours for me every now and then after I saved his life.

"Is Kylian speaking Arabic?" Ivory whispers into the earpiece. One of my many talents, love. "This guy loves five languages, Ivy. Don't question it," Elio replies back.

"Shukran," I tell him, referring to this whole plan he set up for us. "Mn ayouni, habibi," he laughs, "We'll chat later, yeah?" I nod my head and he walks off.

"That was something," Ivory mutters, by the look on her face I can tell she's shocked. "Find my Arabic attractive too?" I tease and she rolls her eyes. I know she does.

"Boss, we found the camera room. Should we take out the guards right now?" Bella asks through the ear piece. "Yes, now," I order and she gives me a quick 'yes, boss' before proceeding.

"Isiah, did you hear that? Get ready," I inform him and I can see him nod his head from across the room.

"So far so good," Ivory sighs. I can tell she's nervous. "You good?" I ask. "I just need a quick shot," with that, she heads towards the bar.

I find Kylo and walk to him but I make sure to keep my eye on her. I don't want any guys talking to her. But only because they might realise she's not who she says she is... that's all.

"They're over there," he says and nods his head toward the VIP section upstairs. "The Russian leader and her bitch."

"Time to use those charming skills you say you have," I tell him. "I pulled my fine ass girl, I know I have game," he scoffs. Well they met because of me so...

"Alright, we're in. Isiah do your magic," Riley says. His nerd magic. I guess it's pretty helpful. "Just sit back and relax for now until the surprise attack happens," Bella adds.

My finest men and women are waiting, and once I give them the heads up it'll be a gun war. But Ivory isn't getting in between it.

My eyes quickly scan the room until I find her but just as I'm about to walk to her, a loud voice stops me.

"Welcome, everyone," Madeleine says, standing at the top of the stairs. "Thank you all for coming to the annual masquerade ball! Let's start the night off with a dance, shall we?"

Why is there a guy talking to Ivory? The fuck. If he thinks he has a chance of dancing with her he's so wrong.

"What is a beautiful lady like you doing here alone?" I hear him say as I get closer.

My hand slithers around her waist, pulling her close to me. "Shes not," I reply.

"Maybe I'll see you later then," he remarks, winking at her. Does he have a death wish? "If you want to die," I shrug and Ivory lets out a laugh before quickly covering her mouth.

"Whatever," he chuckles nervously, before taking a step back and leaving. Pussy ass bitch. Does he really think he'll be alive by tonight? I'm killing his ass.

She lets out a laugh and looks up at me. "Really, Kylian? I'm not your girl to be jealous over." I been jealous over you, love.

"You are tonight," I shrug and put out my hand. "Will the beautiful lady take me up for a dance?"

"She's thinking," she puts her hand on her chin and looks up at the sky, waiting a few seconds before responding with, "she will." Gosh, she's cute. With that, she places her hands on mine and I take her to the dance floor.

Her hands go up from my biceps to the back of my neck. Without knowing, she starts playing with my curls but once she realises, she stops. I love when she does that though.

My hands sit her waist perfectly. Like they belong there. Belong with her.

"You look beautiful, Rory," I whisper before spinning her around. She twirls around like a princess. Well, she is my princess.

Her back hits my chest. "Thank you," she mumbles out quietly. I would say it to her every second if I could.

Once I spin her bag around, I can see she looks nervous. "Are you okay?" I ask. Her eyes are closed and she's having trouble breathing.

"Kylian," she struggles to let out, "it's like that day all over again."

I grab her hand and drag her to one of the many balconies. She's having a panic attack. I used to have them when I was younger.

"Ivory, you're okay," I tell her but it's not calming her down at all. "Look at the stars and moon, darling. It's beautiful right? And the fresh air. Take deep breaths, okay?"

I look down and realise that she's still holding my hand and squeezing it tightly. I watch carefully and she takes in deep breaths just like I said. "You're doing good, love."

She lets out a deep breath and rests her head on my chest. "I don't know what happened. I'm... I'm sorry, fuck."

My hands make their way to her cheeks, wiping one tear away, and pulling her back to look at me. "You don't have to apologise for anything," I tell her sternly.

Her eyes stay on mine for a while. Why do I feel... nervous?

After a few seconds, she pulls away. "We can't do this, Kylian," she huffs.

"Do what?" I ask even though I know what she meant but I guess I just don't want to admit it.

"This?!" she scoffs. "How are you going to make me feel special? Say those nice stuff to me then ignore and avoid me for weeks."

"I-" I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off. "You then sit down with me at the rooftop the other day and look at me with that 'look', and I know you know what look I'm talking about," she practically yells.

"Rory, can't you tell?"

"Just spit it out, Kylian. Because-" she starts but I interrupt her. "You make me feel a way that nobody has ever done," I tell her. She furrows her brows, taking a step back. Fuck.

"Do you know what I'm saying, Rory? You make me nervous every time I see you, you give me those stupid feelings in my stomach and I've never felt that way about anyone," I admit.

"I'm fucking in love with you, Rory."

I did it. Now if we don't get married, have kids, travel and grow old together I'm going to be really pissed. Chill, she hasn't even said anything yet.

Her lips turn up into a slight smile. "Finally," she breathes out before grabbing my shirt and smashing her lips onto mine.

Her hand moves to the back of my neck and she pulls me in closer, tightening the kiss that I've been craving for weeks.

"I love you, Kylian," she utters out between kisses. She then pulls away and slaps me. What? "That's for ignoring me for weeks."

"Don't worry, princess," I tease. "I'll make it up to you."

The smile on her face grows, showing that one dimple. She's perfect, oh my.

"Guys," Kylo says through the ear piece. Is he really going to cock block at one of the happiest moments I will ever experience?

"I was just with Madeleine and her bitch and one of their guards whispered something into her ear. She seemed pissed. I think we're fucked."

____________________________
| authors note |

guys this chapter was supposed to have the whole attack and stuff but I just have no motivation to write so ima stop it here since you guys need a chapter 🤞

oh and the next chapter you guys will get will prob be on the weekend, I have an english quiz, math quiz, law test and business test all this week ughhh 😓

word count | 2539

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
259K 4.2K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
19K 467 34
Athena sage Rodríguez (𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟐𝟓) is the leader of the Mexican mafia. When Her friends take her on a getaway to have fun and let loose but she does...
29.6K 855 51
Emilia Morales is taken in by the Russian Mafia leader at 16 after her father tries to kill her. For the next 7 years she takes on a new identity, Vi...