Hating You

By marvelshi

{ENEMIES TO LOVERS} Ivory Fernández and Kylian De Luca. She's the top assassin. He's the top mafia leader... More

introduction <3
my amazing characters
01 | found you
02 | accompany the enemy
03 | message received
04 | rory
05 | training test
06 | under attack
07 | bad boys
08 | first mission
09 | just keep swimming
10 | it's not a date
11 | friends
12 | avengers assemble
13 | second mission
14 | one star motel
15 | watching the stars
16 | pick up lines
17 | italy
18 | secrets
19 | birthday girl
20 | training session
21 | rooftop
22 | drunk words, sober thoughts
23 | speedy
24 | black ops three
25 | midnight talks
26 | the annual ball
27 | life isn't fair
28 | extraction
29 | stay
30 | truth or a lie
31 | fast and furious
33 | confessions
34 | eeny meeny, miny moe
35 | connected by light
36 | comfort
38 | one v. one
39 | father of the year
40 | forever
epilogue
authors note <3

32 | vienna, austria

416 15 56
By marvelshi

It's the day of the flight to Vienna, it's been four weeks since that night with Ivory. Four weeks and it's been on my mind every single day after that.

I've barely even been able to see her. Partly because I actually need to work but also because I'm kind of avoiding her.

Not because it wasn't good. No, it was perfect. She's perfect.

One hand stays on her lower back while the other rests on her jawline, caressing her cheek. I pull away from the kiss, admiring her face. Gosh, she's beautiful. She has the prettiest green eyes I've ever seen. She could ask me to do anything if she just looks up at me through her long lashes with those eyes, I'd say yes immediately.

"What?" she mumbles, out of breath. "Nothing," I lie before pulling her lips back onto mine.

Her left hand hovers over my back, her fingers slowly running up and down my spine.

I hate when people touch me but there's something about her touch and I'm craving it.

It's messed up, I know but I don't even know if what happened that night was okay for me to even do. I just can't get those images of her scars out of my mind and how it was all my fault. I just want to keep her safe but would being with her like that help? It would just distract my mind.

Especially with this new mission coming up, I can't have her hurt again on my watch and if all I'm thinking about is the feeling of her lips on mine then I'm not going to be focused.

I can't ignore her now, we are on a plane flight to Vienna, Austria for the Russian masquerade ball mission. Thank God it's only an hour and a half plane ride.

"Let's go over the mission," I say, grabbing everyone's attention. I notice how Ivory rolls her eyes, mumbling something under her breath.

And I'm sassy?

"Hashtag excited," Kylo grins and Isiah bursts out laughing. Gosh, with them two together we'll never get anything done. "Nah, you're actually weird," Isiah teases.

"Let's focus," I remind them. "This mission is huge okay? Madeleine and her right hand will be there. The perfect chance to kill them and the only one so we can't mess up."

I didn't mention anything about my father. He doesn't deserve that title. I mean Giovanni. That fucking traitor. Only Ivory knows he's working with them and I plan to keep it that way. The rest don't need to know.

Besides, I'm gonna kill his fat ass before he even gets to see all of them.

"So basically if we fuck up this mission we're fucked too?" Riley mumbles. I nod my head. Exactly what she said. "How great," Bella sighs.

"That just means we have to focus, got it?" I repeat and they hum in response. "Alright let's go over the mission."

"We get in with fake names, we're going to be wearing masks so no one would recognise us anyway. Bella and Riley need to find the camera room, once in you'll give Isiah access to control the cameras from his nerdy laptop," he rolls his eyes at my words but I continue.

"You'll find an empty room and help guide us. Kylo, your job is to find Madeleine and her right hand. Use your -what you call- charming skills and get into the VIP section to keep them distracted."

"What do I do?" Ivory speaks up. "Stay alert, make sure no one finds out we're there," I say.

"You're kidding? That's a baby's job," she scoffs. "Then you'll be perfect for it, princess," I shrug and she rolls her eyes.

"While all that is happening, the squads we have set in place will kill the snipers on the roof and their place. They'll also be around the mansion, ready to attack."

"Sounds easy," Kylo grins. I'm sure he's trying to lighten the mood but this is the biggest mission any of us will ever go on.

"Let's continue watching suits since Kylian rudely interrupted," Ivory utters, not even bothering to look at me. Well deserved to be fair.

***

We've arrived at the safe house. Thank God I was in a car with Elio for the ride there. But if I think about it, that's lowkey weird since his sister and I... did some stuff.

Whatever, that's something I shouldn't be talking about.

Heaving a deep breath, I knock at the bedroom door Ivory was assigned to. She opens it, knots her brows together, and then proceeds to slam the door in my face before I can get a word out. Really?

I open the door anyway and walk in. "Couldn't you tell that I don't want to speak to you?" she scoffs.

"If you want to go on this mission you will have to meet with Dr. Arya every two days," I tell her simply. There's no arguing on this. I need to know she's okay for this mission. Mentally and Physically.

"Wait what?" she practically laughs. "I think I'm good bud."

"First off, I'm not your bud, Ivory," I retort, "and second, it's not a request. You're doing it or you're not joining the mission."

She rolls her eyes at me and suddenly I get this feeling. Guilt, maybe? I don't know, I just feel bad. "Listen, Rory," I mutter, "after what happened, no one expects you to be okay. You went through a lot and I just want to make sure you're ready, you know?"

"You heard the doctor. She said I'll be ready for the mission, no?" she sighs, brushing her hair in the mirror, not bothering to meet her green eyes with mine. Her pretty green eyes.

"Have the nightmares stopped? Or at least the flashbacks?" I ask her, curious but also worried. "Why do you care?" she scoffs.

"You will need enough sleep for the missions and the nightmares will interfere with that, Ivory don't be stupid," I reply. "And what if while on the mission, you get a flashback?"

"It's the doctor's problem now, not yours Kylian," she grits through her teeth. I guess she's right.

"You'll be meeting with her at two PM tomorrow," I inform her and she just nods her head in response. I take this as a hint to leave and so I do.

She seems so... angry towards me. I mean, no shit I'm not no idiot. But it just feels like how it did when we first met and started this alliance. It somewhat hurts.

I'll talk to her after the mission. Once that's out of the way, I'll confess everything to her.

This mission is important and after the last one, I just can't see her hurt once again. The memory of me finding her weak and fragile, hung up with no clothes but just underwear and a bra keeps replaying in my mind every time I think of apologising and colliding my lips with hers. I don't want that to happen again.

If that memory keeps replaying in my mind, I can't imagine what terrible flashbacks Rory is getting. She got through it so quickly. Strongest woman I know.

It's late at night now, I might as well go to sleep. I hope Rory gets some too.

***

Fuck.

It's been three hours and I'm still wide awake, laying in bed but just staring at the ceiling.

I get up and walk to Ivory's room. I'm not going to wake her up or stare at her while she sleeps like some creep. I'm just checking if she's asleep.

I carefully open the door and my brows furrow when I see an empty bed. Huh?

Maybe she's having trouble sleeping? If she is, I know one place she'll definitely be at. The rooftop.

After some months of spending time with her, I guess it helped me know her well. But if me before the alliance knew that I nowknow little stuff about Ivory like that she goes to rooftops when she can't go to sleep to look at the stars... he'd definitely be shocked.

I make my way up there and when I open the door, my lips form into a slight smile. There she is.

She turns around, glancing at me for not even a second before focusing back on the stars. "Oh, it's just you."

I sit at the edge, next to her, but not close. If I get too close maybe she'll push me off. She's an assassin after all.

"Can't sleep?" I ask, even though I already know the answer. "You can't either?" she quietly replies, finally looking up at me to make eye contact.

I nod my head before looking up at the stars and moon. "You're right, Rory. This is somewhat relaxing."

I remember ages ago when we had that Russian Plane Mission and had to stay at some shitty motel. When we couldn't sleep, she took me onto the balcony to watch the stars and moon. It's a weird memory, but I like it.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" she says, looking at the sky mesmerised; while I admire her instead. "It really is," I mutter.

Every feature is pretty. Is perfect in fact. Her green eyes, her long lashes, thick brows, pink lips, that very small almost unnoticeable dimple she has that only appears when she's smiling so hard.

She turns and her eyes meet mine once again. This time, we're merely inches apart. I want to kiss her. I need to kiss her. Gosh, I just need her right now.

"Kylian," she whispers, "what are you doing?" Her eyes flicker from me to my lips to me again. There's no lust though. It's almost like she's hurt.

"I don't know," I mumble back, my hand slowly reaching for her cheek. I really don't know. Why the fuck am I doing this. Is it really worth it? Can I even make it a week until after the mission because it doesn't seem like it?

"Don't fucking do this shit, Kylian," she scoffs, pushing away my hand before getting up. Fuck.

I stand up too and grab her hand before she can walk away. I open my mouth to talk but she cuts me off. "I'm not gonna deal with your bullshit, make up your mind," with that, she opens the door and walks back inside.

She's right.

___________________________
|authors note |

SORRY ITS KIND OF A QUICK BORING CHAPTER BUT U GUYS HAD A CRAZY LAST CHAPTER AND THE NEXT ONE MIGHT BE EVEN CRAZIER..

word count | 1764

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
1.2M 24.6K 51
Poison is the name of the most deadliest assassin to ever exist. The most feared men on earth is afraid of her but no one knows her real name or iden...
470K 16.6K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...
315K 7.1K 34
Elisa Viktoria Ferrari, the youngest of three siblings and the princess of the Underworld. The Italian Mafia's most priced possession. She's stubborn...