THE WARRIOR QUEEN

By ziyatt_a

"Fayre, Fayre" someone was calling as I ran "Catch me mama" I called laughing "Stop running, you'll fall" ... More

CHAPTER 1: A FLASH OF SILVER
CHAPTER 2: THE STRANGER
CHAPTER 3: CELL SWITCH
CHAPTER 4: MEETING OCTAVIUS
CHAPTER 5: THE UPRISE
CHAPTER 6: RISE OF A NEW EMPIRE
CHAPTER 7: HALLUCINATION
CHAPTER 8: THE TALK
CHAPTER 9: LUNCH WITH THE KING
CHAPTER 11: EMOTIONS
CHAPTER 12: A TEMPTING KISS
CHAPTER 13: A CLUELESS PRINCESS
CHAPTER 14: HIS MATE
CHAPTER 15: A DAY TO FORGET
CHAPTER 16: THE THIEF
CHAPTER 17: HER SAVIOR
CHAPTER 18: HER SCREAM
CHAPTER 19: ALLERGY
CHAPTER 20: THE ROYAL HOSPITAL
CHAPTER 21: CAST UNVEILING
CHAPTER 21: EYE FOR AN EYE

CHAPTER 10: CHAOS

26 3 0
By ziyatt_a

WARNING : LONG CHAPTER!!

"Let me get this straight, for some reasons you are not scared of the King and his dragon and then he is always unexpectedly nice to you, he allowed you eat his lunch today and he is taking you with him for his travel" Mary said repeating everything I said to her.

"Hmm" I said affirming to what she said.

She stared at me with an unknown emotion making me quirk an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"Well it's just so hard to believe, but if everything you're saying is true then there's only one answer to this" she said adjusting her sitting position while showing a serious face.

"And that is?"

"What if you're the King's mate" she said.

"Mate?" I asked confused.

"Hear me out, dragons reflect their owners emotions and you said the King's dragon was all cuddly with you even when the King was a jerk, meaning the King was just putting on an act and now he seems to always be watching and protecting you, mind you, you're human and the King hates humans" she pointed out.

"That can't be possible Mary, I don't love King Luca and I heard supernaturals are always obsessed with and are really protective of their mates, they wouldn't even allow them leave their sight, the King always act like my presence disturbs him" I said clearing her.

"Having a mate does not mean you immediately love them, there's just a bond that makes you guys feel at peace with each other, then with time it grows into love" she explained with a far away look making me confused.

"I am not his mate" I stated with a furrowed eyebrow before lying down on my bed and getting ready to sleep.

"Just be careful with him Fayre, it's the King we're talking about here" Mary said patting my back before moving to her side of the bed, and i hummed giving her a silent goodnight which she returned.

....

"Remember what I told you last night Fayre, be careful" Mary said as we prepared to go to our duty post.

"Yes I will be" I said smiling slightly at her and she left for the kitchen while I mentally prepared myself as I walked down the maid's quarters chamber and up the stairs to the royal hall.

I was halfway up the stairs when I was blocked by three high level maids, you can always recognize them by their gold dresses. I tried moving to allow them pass but it seems they were there for me.

"How may I help you?" I asked respectfully, I don't need to bow to them but I still needed to show respect.

"I heard you took my job yesterday" said the maid in the middle with a nasty look on her face. I guess she is the maid that do serve the King.

"Head maid asked me to serve his highness, I didn't mean to take on your work" I said simply, though I sound polite and remorseful but I'm anything but. I don't like the way she's looking at me.

"A scum like you shouldn't be serving the King" she said with disgust making me raise an eyebrow which she caught.

"You have something to say?" One of her minions snickered.

"Like the elders proverb goes, it takes a scum to know a scum, I would have loved to chitchat more with you high maids but I'll be late to my work station and so would you, we wouldn't want to be each other's bother now, would we?" I said with the sweetest voice I could muster before leaving them and continued my way up the stairs, not before seeing the shocked looks on their faces.

I don't know what is happening with me these days, I don't seem to have control of my attitude anymore, I used to avoid anything that'll put me in problems but now it seems like I always look for it instead. Most of those high maids sleep around with the guards to earn favors and if those three are part then I might be in big trouble for speaking back to them.

I wouldn't let anyone walk all over me though, especially not a human like me, we are meant to be one and working together but some of them are just so stupid and ignorant, all they want is validation from the supernaturals, so if the high maids think they are better than me, I'll show them that we are all slaves in they eyes of the supernaturals.

It didn't take me up to seven minutes before I got to the front of the royal hall, I hope I'm not too late, maids are meant to be in the hall and in position before the royals and I really hope they are not in there yet.

The guards opened the door and I walked in quickly, to my unexisting luck, some royals are there already and the King's eyes were on me immediately I walked in.

I stuck to the shadows by the wall as I walked quickly to the back of the throne, thankfully only the King saw me I think, well and his dragon who is curled round the throne with his red eyes on me.

Only Orion is here which I'm thankful for, I might not be scared of Orion but the other dragons scare me.

"Brother it's been a while we had the dragon ritual, what do you think we add it to things we have to do" said one of the princes.

"That festival is too babaric" said Octavius as he came into the hall, I raised my head a little and my eyes met his causing him to wink at me and I stared at him in horror, what if someone caught that.

The deep vibration of a dragon's growl brought my attention to Orion who was staring Octavius down.

"What's wrong brother?" Asked a prince, as we all know dragons reflect their owners emotions, so the King must be pissed for his dragon to let out that growl.
Did he notice Octavius action, if he did why would that affect him, I try not to think of what Mary said as that is extremely absurd.

"My drink" the King growled in annoyance and I quickly walked forward to fill his goblet, making sure to bow my head, this is not the time to piss him off.

I can feel his eyes on me but I filled his goblet quickly and moved back to the shadows of the throne.

"You all seem to be extra free these days" said the King to his brothers.

There is a total of five princes and two princesses, first prince Thomas, second prince Octavius, third prince Riot, fourth prince Lorenzo and fifth prince Nico. For the princesses we have first princess Nolani and second princess Sarah.
There used to be six princes but since King Luca is now a King, there are just five.

I had to sneak into the library with Mary to get all these informations.

"Are you bothered by the fact that we keep your company everyday" Octavius said.

"You hated this tea period, mind telling me why you suddenly come here everyday?" The King asked

"Do I have to have a reason?" I heard Octavius say and everywhere went quiet. I so much wish I can raise my head and take a peek but I promised myself to avoid trouble.

The King chuckled darkly before rising from his throne and leaving the royal hall, Orion's face suddenly came into my view making me gasp, thankfully it was silent but I knew some of the royals were watching. He stared at me for a bit while I stood frozen in spot before he circled round me and flew out through the opened part of the ceiling, reserved for the dragons.

Head maid came to my side after and informed me to go serve the King's lunch, again!

"I thought that was the job of a higher maid" I asked, I really don't want the problem of these higher maids, they will show me hell for taking their 'precious' duty.

"The King has ordered for you to always serve his food, from tomorrow you report to his room for his breakfast, deliver his lunch and diner on time too" she said with a straight face and I can't help but panic, I'm really taking their jobs.

"Is he trying to get me killed, the high maids will make my life a living hell" I rushed out in panic forgetting who was in front of me until I saw the look on her face.

"At this rate your tongue will get you killed before he does, I have been watching you Fayre" she said staring deeply at me, I know she wants to say more, I can see it but this is not the place, she sighed before walking off.

The royals were busy talking amongst themselves but Octavius was looking at me with a worried face and I smiled slightly at him before walking out to go and get the King's lunch.

I walked down the steps quickly so I can get this over with but was once again stopped by the three devils.

"How dare you"  the middle one screeched pulling me into a closet while her minions guarded the doorway.

I tried removing myself from her hold but it was futile and I ended up getting my neck scratched by her elongated nails.

"I was close to getting his attention and you come here to steal my duty" she gritted out with fury in her eyes and I just looked dumbfounded as I don't seem to understand her anger really.

"I didn't steal your duty" I said and the next thing I felt was the sharp pain on my cheek, she hit me. I clenched my fist trying to control myself from returning the favor.

"You should have remained the gentle and quiet girl you were slave because now I'll make your life a living hell" she spat out before walking off and her minions followed her.

I sighed as I slowly slid down the wall and my eyes well up with tears, ever since the day I had to go to the royal hall, my life has not been the same and this is all King Luca's fault.

He seems to always bring trouble to my life.

I stood up quickly and cleaned my face before I headed down the remaining stairs to get his lunch. I went straight to the cook, collected the food and left the kitchen, my thoughts are so jumbled I didn't even remember to wave at Mary.

I walked up the stairs quickly and when I got to the front of his chambers, the guards searched me and allowed me in.

He was in the same spot as yesterday.

"You're late" he said turning to look at me but I bowed my head and placed my eyes to his feet.

"Apologies your highness" I said politely before moving forward and placing the food basket on the table while I started arranging the food. I can feel his questioning gaze on me but I ignored it.

"What's wrong?" He asked but I didn't raise my head.

"Nothing your highness, please do enjoy your lunch" I said stepping back to give him space to eat. This is how it should have been but I passed my boundary.

Suddenly he is in front of me, his hand on my chin raising my head up. And oh heavens, he looks pissed with his blazing eyes.

He looked me over until his eyes stopped on my neck and then the slap mark on my cheek and if I thought he was pissed before then he is raving mad. The building suddenly shook as the weight of a dragon landed on it with a loud roar.

My heart is beating so fast as he is scaring me with that look on his face.

"Who did this?"  He asked, his voice so calm, almost like the calm before the storm.

"I hit the door your highness" I said, I don't know why I'm trying to protect that bitch but I wouldn't even want my enemy on there bad side of King Luca.

"Don't lie to me princess, I hate lies" he said now turning my face to the side to get a better look at the scratch marks.

"Why do you care?" I dare ask and his eyes snapped to meet mine, making me cowardly lower mine to his chiseled jaw.

"Look at me" he whispered and my heart skipped a beat, he is so close to me and I can smell his woodsy scent, it's making me lightheaded as all I want to do right now is draw close to him.

It's crazy as one minute I'm so scared of him and the next I just want to pull him close, this isn't proper.

I slowly raised my eyes to meet his and I sucked in a breath at the intense look I could see in his eyes.

"Now tell me señorita, who did this?" he asked again quietly and I couldn't help but lick my lips, he sound so seductive and I can feel myself drawing closer to him.

"The high maid that used to serve you" I said without thinking. What is happening, I feel like I'm not in control of myself.

"Interesting, stay here princess" he said before walking out abruptly and just like that it seems the fog in my head was also cleared, it took a minute before I registered the fact that he was probably going after her.

I ran out of the room quickly after him but I can't see him anywhere, so I walked out of the chamber quickly ignoring the questioning look from the guards and down the stairs quickly.

I wasn't even at the kitchen yet before I heard the noise, more like yell.

I ram down quickly and the sight that welcomed me made me want to puke.

The high maid that was messing with me was at the mercy of Orion, he was tearing her into pieces, the kitchen that used to be so clean is bloody.

I screamed in horror, this is barbaric!

I looked in panic if there was anyone who could help but everyone was trying to get themselves to safety, in the middle of this chaos was only the King staring at me as he gauge my reaction.

Frustrated tears fell down my eyes and I could do nothing but watch the life fade from her eyes. All she did wrong was get jealous.

"I don't tolerate people touching what's mine" he said before walking off, hitting me with his shoulder as he passed by me.

"Follow me" he whispered.

How can someone be so cruel, he just killed a girl like it's nothing!

Orion finally left her and was staring at me like his master did before he flew away.

What have I gotten myself into!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6.8K 32
Once we are alone, he turns to me, "We need to work on your acting skills. How can a commoner be such a bloody awful liar? Don't you learn that when...
288K 7.1K 23
"Hey," I said cautiously, scared to make the first move. Thankfully, I didn't have to make it. Luca stepped forward and took me by the waist, pulling...
3.7K 866 78
~HEARTS & FANGS~ {CASSIOPEIA & GIDEON} ~~~~ 'I hate you! I hate you! I'll never be the wife that you deserve!' 'I do not want the wife that I deserve...
786K 33.8K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...