Sweet Nothing

Por auntiehero

Anntonia is a well-loved supermodel, a symbol of perfection and elegance yet she feels suffocated by the rele... Mais

I - Give Me My Coffee
II - Maybe You're Right
III - Tahanan
IV - So Long, Princess
V - Make This Right
VI - Absolutely
VII - All Gucci
VIII - Shimmer
X - You Saved My Dinner
XI - I Don't Mind
XII - Actually, No
XIII - Operation Sneak Attack
XIV - It's Just You
XV - To Ruin Your Peace
XVI - Take Your Time
XVII - Winning The Battle
XVIII - Hello There
XIX - Caption
XX - Sweetest Nothings

IX - The Weight Of Her Burdens

462 21 7
Por auntiehero

An uncomfortable silence hung heavily between Michelle and the man who was now identified as her father. Dennis Dee stands as the formidable figure behind the nation's largest mall franchise, his family ranking among the elite top 10 billionaires. Anntonia was after his support for her foundation. Caught in the middle of their chilly exchange, she awkwardly extracted herself from Irfan's grip. Sensing the shift in dynamics, Irfan took a tentative step back, his earlier bravado melting away.

Rhian, always quick to read the room, stepped in with a warm smile to diffuse the tension. Extending her hand in a friendly gesture, she approached Michelle's father. "Uncle, what a delightful surprise to see you here," she remarked, her tone balanced with friendliness and composure.

Acknowledging Rhian's presence with a nod, Michelle's father replied with measured words. "Rhian, it's good to see you," he said, his voice retaining a hint of formality. "Although I must admit, I'm more surprised to see my daughter attending this event."

Michelle, feeling the weight of her father's words, met his gaze with a steely resolve. "If I had known you'd be here, I would've chosen to skip," she stated firmly.

Anntonia, recognizing the delicate nature of the situation, attempted to intervene. "Michelle," she began, her voice gentle yet urgent.

The barista who was having a staring contest against her father finally darted her gaze towards Anntonia. But the presence of Irfan at her side only served as a painful reminder of yet another letdown.

"In fact, there's no reason for me to stay here any longer," with that, she turned and exited the venue, leaving a trail of awkward tension in her wake.

***

The whoosh of the cold night air slapped Anntonia in the face as she exited her car on the way to her house. Her hurried pace a stark contrast to the controlled atmosphere back at the fundraiser. Glancing back, she saw Irfan trailing behind, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Anntonia, wait!" Irfan exclaimed, catching up. "What is this all about? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"I specifically asked for space away from you!"

"I don't get it! You were complaining about our lack of time together and the moment I show up--"

"Irfan," she began, her voice softer than her earlier outburst, "That's part of the problem. Yes I was complaining about not having enough time with you. But those complaints... they were also a cry for help, a different kind of help than I realized."

"What do you mean?" he asked, his voice laced with apprehension.

"It's not just about our schedules," she explained, her voice tinged with sadness. "It's about us... or rather, the lack of 'us'."

"Lack of 'us'?" the guy urged her to continue.

Anntonia took a shaky breath. "We fit together comfortably, sure. But when was the last time we really connected, Irfan? When was the last time we had a conversation that left us breathless, excited about the future we were building together?"

Irfan opened his mouth to protest, but Anntonia held up a hand, her voice firm despite the tremor in her heart. "Hear me out, please. This isn't about blaming anyone. I care about you, but lately, I feel like our needs just aren't aligning."

She paused, searching for the right words. "Maybe I haven't been the best at communicating, but I crave a deeper understanding, you know?"

"You make it seem like I don't support you."

"I need someone who doesn't just say they're there for me, but actively shows it through their actions."

A tear escaped, tracing a glistening path down her cheek. "It's not that you don't support me, but sometimes support feels a bit...distant. I yearn for a partner who's there in the trenches with me, celebrating the victories and holding my hand through the setbacks. Someone who can see the fire in my soul and fan the flames, not just watch them flicker."

"Anntonia," he began, his voice thick with emotion, "is there really no way for us to make this work?"

Anntonia's heart ached for him, but she knew the truth. "I can't keep pretending everything's okay when it's not," she said softly. "And neither should you."

***

[TW: Death]

As days passed, Anntonia found herself immersed in her work, the routine offering a semblance of normalcy amidst the whirlwind of emotions swirling within her. Despite the end of her long-term relationship with Irfan, her thoughts often drifted towards Michelle and the unresolved tension between her and her father.

Photoshoots, meetings, and endless fittings filled her days, they provided a distraction from the tumultuous feelings stirring within her heart. Yet, beneath the façade of composure she projected, the longing to see Michelle again lingered like an unspoken plea.

Despite her attempts to reach out through numerous messages, Michelle remained elusive, her silence echoing louder with each passing day. Anntonia couldn't fathom the reason behind Michelle's withdrawal, her mind plagued by unanswered questions and unspoken words.

Entering the dressing room before her interview, Anntonia anticipated the usual pre-show nerves. However, she was taken aback to find Rhian there, illuminated by a single bulb, wearing a reassuring smile. Rhian's presence at this moment hinted at something unexpected yet promising.

"Hey girl!" Rhian chimed.

"How's Mich?" Anntonia wasted no time asking.

"Yep not even a hello back," Rhian said playfully while Anntonia could only look at her apologetically. "You already know she's the reason I'm here."

Rhian settled onto a nearby chair, her smile turning a touch wistful. "I wish you have time to listen."

Anntonia took the other nearest chair as she nodded.

"Michelle, she used to be a firecracker, you know? Always had a joke on her lips, could light up a room with her laugh," Rhian started off.

"She had this older brother, Rui Ezekiel, we called him Ruru for short. They were inseparable, like two peas in a pod." Rhian continued.

"But then," Rhian's voice faltered, she paused, as if searching for the right words. "Their father was... overbearing, to say the least. He had these grand expectations for Ruru, as the heir to the family legacy."

Anntonia's brow furrowed, her imagination already piecing together the looming tragedy.

"Ruru tried to bear it all," Rhian continued, her voice trembling with emotion. "But the pressure was too much. He withdrew into himself, became a shell of the person he once was. His weekends were spent studying and later on working instead of hanging out. Ruru barely had a childhood, let alone a normal life."

Anntonia winced, imagining the toll it must have taken.

Rhian continued, "And Michelle got to witness it all firsthand. They were super close, practically inseparable before. But watching Ruru being crushed under their dad's expectations, it took a toll on her too."

As Rhian recounted Michelle's ordeal, her mind flashed back to the night of the Gala where everything changed.

"She saw it all coming. Her brother, despite being sick from over-fatigue, insisted on attending their father's Gala. Exhausted and unwell, Ruru lost control of his car."

Rhian's heart clenched with the memory of Michelle's anguish, her friend's pain etched into every line of her face.

The image of the twisted wreckage, the shattered remnants of Ruru's once vibrant spirit, haunted Rhian's thoughts.

"Michelle," she continued, her voice trembling, "she blamed it all on their responsibility, on their riches and legacy. She saw how people's ambitions had destroyed her brother, how his relentless pursuit of success had robbed them of everything that truly mattered. And so she escaped everything, with only hatred for the life she once had."

Rhian grabbed Anntonia's hands. "Anntonia," she spoke softly but fervently, "you've broken through Michelle's barriers in a way I haven't seen anyone do in ages. Beneath that guarded exterior lies a heart that's fiercely loyal and protective. With you, I finally saw a glimpse of her old self. It would be an absolute tragedy to watch her brilliance dimmed by the weight of her burdens."

Anntonia finally understood Michelle better now. "I won't let her waste her life in darkness," she vowed, her voice filled with determination. "Thank you for telling me."

Rhian flashed a grin, "Consider me your fairy godsister!"

***

AN: This is a reminder for all of us to pause, breathe, and cherish the simple joys of life. May our quest for happiness outweigh the burden of others' expectations and judgments. Let's also strive to offer love, respect, and kindness to those around us, as we may never fully understand their struggles. Until next time, take care and stay tuned for what lies ahead! :)

PS: i'm @auntieh3ro on twitter if you wanna connect. uwu

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

32.6K 776 31
Michelle and Anntonia's journey in Miss Universe 2023. See how their friendship grows into something more
5.1K 187 3
Just a PORDEE au about Anntonia wearing that plain black shirt. 🫢 Happy Holidays!
8.9K 314 18
Cold hearted woman meets the Sweet and Soft hearted woman. (just a fanfic for fun!) 😊
21.5K 812 9
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY. AN AU WHERE ANNTONIA IS A DOCTOR WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN LOVE AND SHE MEETS MICHELLE DEE...