Ruthless 🗡️/ Fourth Wing

By Surfs-up

"Why do the men always have the honor to fight in war when women have the power to bring the army down to the... More

Welcome to Navarre
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Part 2: May the Hunter become the Hunted
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Part 3- The breaking
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI

Chapter XV

2.3K 69 6
By Surfs-up

A royal name was not something I enjoyed having. I knew that the name Freysson and my alliance with Fen would cause me my life. I am proud to announce that my wife is pregnant. She is due any day. It brings me great hope seeing that Fen has Xaden. It makes me feel as though the rebellion will not end. I know their lives will be hard and they will need to fight for the throne but I can only hope that they will use each other's strengths and lead the kingdom to the rebellion. I also hope that one of them spill General Sorrengails blood. I hope their sword takes away her breath. She will be the cause of my dismay; she will only ever be as weak as her scribe husband. May the rebellion lead on. May the rebels cause war

— A archived document from Cade Freysson

I feel as though I am on a soft mattress with a heavy weight on my chest. I can hear constant beeping as though my body is in a rhythm. I slowly open my eyes and the first thing I see is a white ceiling with florescent lights. I automatically know where I am and I jolt. I turn and see Nolan over me.

"Nora you have to relax, okay you have been in a coma for 4 Days your body is weak.

4 days I thought that's long.

As I look around my eyes land on the onyx eyes that were the last thing I saw 4 Days ago. He's sitting on the visitor's chair with his bed head. He looks like he's been through hell. But as soon as our eyes meet there is a sense of relief that washes away all of his worry.

"Gods Nora you scared me" He says getting up and moving so he's sitting on the infirmary bed with his fingers running threw my hair

"I'm not that weak Xaden " I say as I rest my head as he brushes my hair with his fingers.

Nolan speaks up " Listen Nora you lost a lot of blood. You need to take it easy for the next few days until you regain your strength. Your chest wound I was able to heal with no scaring but the impact sight where you were hit the deepest will leave a mark."

As he says that I suddenly feel the pressure of the Bandages on my chest

"When can I fight again"

Nolan Sighs "You really need to take a few Days off Nora"

I'm about to argue but Xaden Speaks up first " Nolan I don't think you understand she is bonded to the rebellion dragon there is going to be cadets that want her dead so they can bond with the Dragon"

I turn my head quickly to him completely forgetting about Zyges.

"Well Xaden then you better be there to make sure that doesn't happen" Is all Nolan says as he leaves the room.

I sigh as I start to get out of bed. I notice Xaden moving to sit back down in the chair.

"Um excuse me sir I need to get dressed" I speak in an aggressive tone hoping that he catches the hint.

He just sits there and smirks "I'm not leaving you unarmed and defenseless when there are people that are out to kill you"

I look at him with a dumb found expression

" your kidding me"

"No Nora I'm not and Besides I've seen it before just get dressed"

Now I'm pissed but I don't think he cares. As I stand out of bed with a navy blue gown on I look one more time at him and he's looking at the ceiling.

I turn so my back is facing him and slowly reach and pull the gown over my head as the cold air nips my skin. I pull on my leather pants as I feel the heat of his eyes on my skin. I reach for my sports bra...

"Let me see"

" What" Is all I can say as I'm so confused

"Your marking it's not on your back"

And in that moment I realize that the marking is just under my breasts. I'm staring in awe at the Beautiful dragon that's dancing on my skin in green ink.

The head and neck of the Dragon lays perfectly in between my breasts as the body of the dragon works its way down my toned stomach. The wings expand over my ribs with gold lined within them. The tail is what makes my eyes widen as it curls up and molds into my relic that goes down the side of my stomach. As I still am in my trance I get snapped out of it.

"Let me see It Nora"

"Give me a second Xaden Let me get my" Before I can finish the word Bra he speaks

"Nora I want to see all of it"

I sigh and I grab my breasts and cover and hold them up with my arms and turn around.

I am confident about my body and I've never shriveled in any man's gaze but his. He looks with a mute expression as I feel his eyes trace my skin. As I'm about to turn back around he stands from his chair and makes a big strides to me. As he is far too close to me his hand goes and reaches the top of the dragon head and drags his finger down my sternum and stomach and reaches the tail.

"I've never seen that before" is all he says.

"Me neither" I sigh as I'm still holding my breasts in place.

He is inquisitive about the marking getting molded into the relic; you can see it in his eyes. He tapes my skin a couple times and I look up at him. I see his eyes tracing my figure and as he reaches my eyes something shifts in them. Something I can't figure out. He looks down one more time and then makes some space between us. He goes for the curtain to exit the room but he turns around before speaking.

" Nora don't cover them when it's just me and you in a room I've held them and I know they can be heavy"

My face can not conceal my emotions and my face flushes. He closes the curtain

"I'll wait outside until you finish getting dressed" I can't see him but I can practically feel the smirk.

"Fuck off" I huff out

As I finish getting dressed I pull the curtain back and see Xadens smug face and that's when anger boils over and I release a small slap across his face not enough to hurt but enough to get my point across.

He doesn't even flinch and starts the conversation.

"Lets go"

As we walk out of the infirmary I look out the windows that line the hallway and take notice that its dusk.

I start walking to the dorming hall but I get abruptly pulled down the other hall

"Um excuse me where are we going"

" Number 1 you have made it to being a rider so now you get a room and a roommate and number 2 your staying in my room tonight"

" I'm not staying in your room tonight Xaden"

He abruptly stops walking in the direction of his room and he turns to me "Nora you are staying in my room tonight you don't know who your roommate is and you right now are weak and vulnerable so let me just watch out for you tonight and then you can go back to being a pain in my ass tomorrow but please just shut up and let me handle it"
There's something in his tone and the way he speaks that seems so desperate like he needs this more than me.

"Alright" Is all I say

We finally make It to his room without another conversation started and he opened the door. It looks the same as all the other times I've been there.

As I made myself comfortable I looked through his dresser and found a shirt. I turn my back to whatever he's doing and I strip out of my clothes and slip the shirt over my body. The shirt is long and rests about mid thigh. I turn around and see Xaden shirtless and slipping into bed. As I shuffle under the covers I say

"What's going on with Zyges"

"Nothing he hasn't been able to train with the other dragons so he irritable but starting tomorrow i'm sure your riding practice will help with that"

Then a thought pops in my head " In the forest how did you know I was there to help with Violet"

He laughs a little and chuckles " I have a 6th sense for when your around Nora" He says jokingly

I laugh " yeah a 6th sense of being annoying"

I laugh and turn my body so my back is to him

"Goodnight Xaden"

Goodnight Nora" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 986 11
All the betrayers children are marked, they had to watch their parents die. There is a hidden marked one. No one can know, her fathers pride and the...
8.3K 305 13
You know how there's Good and Bad in the world? Heaven and Hell? Angels and Demons? For every good person, or fae, there's an evil one out there. So...
34.2K 1.5K 15
Aithne Melgren has been in the shadows too long. She has been forgotten, she has been ignored. But she goes for the Riders Quadrant in hopes to escap...
37.5K 1.5K 25
Sariah Eiran crosses the Parapet, gaining entrance to Basgiath War College's riders quadrent.She swore to herself that she'd focus on studying and fl...