Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

Af misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... Mere

Characters Introduction
Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Looking for a Frog
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
The Return
Growl...
What kind of marriage?
Proof
Answers and Questions
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Primate, horses and a bat?
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

Vee and Dee

392 15 3
Af misttressofseas

The breakfast next morning was bit strained, Daivik was still hobbling and walking around with the help of a stick. It was only after Veni had been sent to school, did the brothers really talk to each other.

Viren: I think you should rest today, don't come to office

Daivik: Yes, I will work out of home today...

Viren: I will try to come home early as well, Veni will want to visit Dyuti in the hospital

Daivik: hmm...I can take her there if needed, let me know, I will be home anyway

Viren: Yeah, I will call you ...maybe you can meet Rajan also for your leg

Daivik: That sounds like a plan bro

In the afternoon once Veni returns from school, Daivik offers to take her to the hospital to meet Dyuti.

Veni: Thanks, chachu, you will also be happy to meet her!

Daivik: My princess' friend is my friend as well! I will be happy to meet her

Veni: But I want to buy her a huge teddy bear

Daivik: Anything for my princess!

Veni and Daivik reach the hospital and they meet Dr Rajan and he takes them along to meet Dyuti. They had bought her a huge teddy bear on the way to the hospital and Veni is super excited to give the gift to her friend.

Dr Rajan tells them that Dyuti is much better and she has now been moved to a room and Veni runs into the room to meet her bestie. While Dyuti is on the bed with a drip attached to her, Shubhi is asleep on a chair next to her.

Veni: Hi Dee! How are you?

Dyuti: I am much better Vee!

Daivik rolls his eyes hearing the nicknames Dee and Vee. He sees Shubhi slowly waking up in the chair and feels a tug at the load she has been carrying on her shoulders. He feels something about the amount of responsibility Shubhi has a single parent. She is wearing a simple blue colored kurti and pants and looks quite tired. Dr Rajan is accompanying him to the room. Shubhi is surprised to see him in the hospital but does not say anything, rather she focuses on Veni and Dr Rajan.

Veni: Dee! see my Chachu (father's younger brother) has also come to meet you!

Dyuti: Hi chachu! You are the boring one, right?

(Shubhi and Dr Rajan muffle laughter and Daivik does not know what to do and where to look.)

Veni: Yes, but we got you the Teddy Bear!

Daivik hands over the toy to Dyuti and Shubhi is thinking of how to stop him.

Shubhi: This was not needed....

Daivik: Veni got it.... for Dyuti...

Dyuti: I like it, thanks Vee and chachu!

Dr Rajan: There is more happy news for you little one! Your results are good, and you can go home today

Shubhi: That is such a great news Dr! I will call mom and dad right away!

She goes on to hug Dr Rajan who smiles at her and then moves towards Dyuti and removes the drip connected to her hand. Daivik in the meantime is not happy to see Shubhi hugging Dr Rajan but does not say anything. While Daivik sits on the couch next to the window, Veni almost jumps onto Dyuti's bed and Dr Rajan stands next to the equipment checking the readings.

Dr Rajan: See even this is gone, no more pain for our little angel!

Dyuti: I want to be back with nani for dinner!

Shubhi: I am stepping out to call mom and dad, informing them to get the car to take Dyuti home.

Dr Rajan: Sure I am here with my angel

Veni: But Dee you can come in our car, chachu has a big car and he drives very well.

Dr Rajan: Ohh you have brought out your car collection?

Daivik: Yes I have started to drive the machines I had here, they were rusting in the garage

Veni: Let us take Dyuti for a ride!!

Dr Rajan: Erm...I am not sure her family will appreciate it .... also she is just recovering so she needs rest not adventure princess!

Daivik: Her mother.... does she have a car...how will they arrange it?

Dr Rajan: Ohh they have normal cars, nothing of your interest...

Dyuti: My grandparents and uncles have many cars. But I love mumma's car, it has a books basket!

Daivik: So, you love books?

Veni: Yes, we are planning our book club.

Dr Rajan: Hey Daivik, can you monitor the kids for a few minutes, I am needed in emergency.

Daivik: We will be here for some time.

Dr Rajan: I will start the discharge procedure for Dyuti, usually it takes an hour or two.

Veni: Then we will be here for one hour!

Daivik: As our princess says!

Dr Rajan: Inform Shubhi that the process will start, and she should go to the accounts department to close it.

Daivik: Yes Watson!

Dr Rajan steps out and while the girls are busy chattering, Daivik gets busy on his phone. After a few minutes, Shubhi walks back into the room. She finds the situation awkward but decides not to say much, as she sits on her chair again, she focuses her gaze on her daughter and Veni.

Daivik: (clearing his throat) Rajan had to run for emergency, but he mentioned that the discharge process has started, and you can go to the Accounts section for the details.

Shubhi: Ohh thanks, my parents will be here in half an hour I will go there then

Daivik: We are here so if you want to go talk to them, you can

Veni: We are here for an hour!

Shubhi: But surely your chachu has his office work

Veni: But he said today is for his princess- that is me!

Shubhi: Err...that is sweet, but he might want to go somewhere

Veni: He has broken his leg so wherever he sits he cannot get up for an hour!

Shubhi: (trying to suppress her laughter) ohh that's bad, so why did he come today

Veni: Because today is princess day for me! Veni! But the secret is that Dr uncle is his friend and he has given sweet medicines to chachu!

Shubhi: Oh no! I must protest then; he always gives me kadvi dawai (bitter medicine)

(Daivik is amused by this exchange – how nicely Shubhi handles kids)

Veni: You will also have to become his friend for that!

Daivik: (irritated by the idea, mutters slowly) she is already his friend...she hugged him!

Shubhi: What?

Daivik: You were going to the Accounts section?

Shubhi: I will.... wait for my parents to be here...they should be here in fifteen minutes

Daivik: I and Veni will be here anyway, so if you want to, you can go

Shubhi: Hmm (thinking but not wanting to take Daivik's help)

Daivik: (guessing her reluctance) you can leave Veni to take care of Dyuti....

Veni: I will take care of my little sister! Right angel?

Dyuti: Yes!

Shubhi: Okay, then I will be back in few minutes, both of you, no naughty stuff!

Veni and Dyuti: Yes!

Shubhi steps out of the room and Daivik resumes his bored expression and starts working on his phone. From the corner of his eye, he keeps watch on the girls who are giggling about something. In a few minutes, Shubhi's parents arrive, and Daivik greets them. Her father is glaring at him but her mother smiles at him.

Shubhi's mom: Where is Shubhi?

Daivik: She has gone to accounts section....

Veni: And I am in charge here!

Shubhi's mom: Thanks for that Veni gudiya (doll)!

Veni: Don't look at chachu, his foot is injured so he cannot do much!

Daivik: But I am driving you home!

Veni: You love cars and driving! You will drive with half a leg!

Shubhi's mom: It seems your chachu loves you a lot!

Veni: Yes, he does! I like him as well....

Shubhi walks in to see her parents already in the room and are talking to Veni, Dyuti and Daivik.

Shubhi: Mom! Dad, we can take Dyuti home now!

Shubhi's mom: That's awesome, I was thanking Veni for taking care of Dyuti!

Shubhi: Yes, she has been very nice.

Shubhi's father: I am calling Charan to the foyer, let the nurses prepare for the discharge. I will go with them, you prepare the bag.

Veni: Yay! Let's get home!

The nurses get Dyuti in a wheelchair and start to roll her out, Shubhi's father, Veni and Daivik walk out with the nurse. In the meantime, Shubhi is helping her mom bag all the stuff they have – books, clothes, food etc. Daivik helps Dyuti into the car and Veni promises to visit her the next day. By the time Shubhi and her mom follow outside, Dyuti is settled in the back seat.

Shubhi mom: Thanks Veni and Daivik ji

Daivik: This was a small thing....and .... Dyuti is Veni's best friend.

Veni: Yes, and we will meet again tomorrow.

Shubhi's mom nudges Shubhi to thank Daivik and she finally says a forced thanks. Daivik acknowledges it and given the awkwardness of the situation, moves away from them to get his car and take Veni home. Shubhi and her mom settle in the backseat next to Dyuti. Being very tired, Dyuti sleeps in her mother's lap.

Shubhi's mom: You could have been thankful for his help

Shubhi: I am not sure what his intentions are!

Shubhi's father: Why

Shubhi: He even got a teddy bear for Dyuti...

Shubhi's mom: That is nice, it might be Veni's gift

Shubhi: I don't want him or any of his gifts! I don't want him anywhere near my daughter!

Shubhi's mom: I think he was there just to make Veni happy....

Shubhi: I am scared, what if someone tells him the truth?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Again Daivik has run into Shubhi and Dyuti, but he is yet to guess the truth. But guess the insecurity that Shubhi is battling.

Do comment to share your thoughts!

Thank you all! All the support in as votes and comments keeps me going :)

🌟 Thanks a bunch for the votes and comments! @minnietina @AKSHARA1904 @Otisheas @AakankshaThodopunoor @Stephanie28beatrix @ArathyVs @hellofeelas @aadha_aloo @2315_me @sequoia_11 @TashiSingh1 @Amyramalhotra @Akshaya935 @kaashi97 @MonaMaurya @SnowMeadows @kpajvani @SwatigaudC432 @Smiling130840 @asane_addiba @Werewolflove2

Given the number of votes, I am sure to have missed or misspelt some, please leave a comment if you want to be tagged in the next chapter!!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.4M 229K 151
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
58.4K 2.4K 21
All she believed is love and all she wanted was a married life with the person who loved her. Ended up getting married to a person, she loved, and ca...
732K 57.2K 50
|| DESI BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE|| ●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○● I always thought I was living a perfect life because I had everything one could dream...
105K 4.9K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...