And It All Started With A Pun...

By axelakutz

"Wait..." She grinned, "you were thinking of Anya?" "WH-WHAT!!! NO I WASN'T!!!!!!!" --- (Updated story cover... More

TABLE OF CONTENTS
...-PROLOGUE-...
CH. 1 - Apparently Mistaken
CH. 2 - Are you catching feelings, Desmond?
CH. 3 So you are.
CH. 4 - The supposed plan
CH. 5 - Mahal (twiyor)
CH. 6 - Realization
Ch. 7 - That precious little girl
CH. 8 - Sorry, ...Forger.
CH. 9 - Loid, what are you doing here? (twiyor)
CH. 10 - Anya's tutoring session - Announcment
Ch. 14 - Paired up!
CH. 15 - Puppy love
CH. 16 - Just for the mission
CH. 17 - Glamourous ball
Hello to my readers (Must read, essential to story)
CH. 18 - It was never my intention
Hello to my readers again... (this is the last A/N "chapter" promise)
CH. 19 - I'm sorry
CH. 20 - A date
CH. 21 - A certain pink girl's awakening
CH. 22 - The hell?
CH. 23 - Pink haired girl
Announcement!
CH. 25 - Tease

CH. 24 - Becky the not-so-amazing-cupid

338 12 186
By axelakutz

Happy Women's month! 💗

---

"Blah, value of X, blah blah, pythagorean theorem, blah, blahhh..." Mr. Henderson wrote examples of random math questions on the board. "Anyway, today is national women's day. I want all of you boys to be gentlemen, and provide the best experience possible for the women here. You got that?" His eyes crossed stern looks to the male students, and they nodded, trying to search for the girl they've been crushing on. Mr. Henderson then went out of the room for no reason.

"My! I wish Anya was here," Becky sighed dreamily, placing her head on her palm. Damian would've given her a whole castle. I wonder when she's coming back to—

"Syon-boy!" A voice cut out her thoughts, and she lifted her head from her palm to find the owner of the voice.

A brunette sat down next to Damian, looking at him dreamily. "So, what are you gonna get me, BABE?" Emphasizing the 'babe' loud enough for everyone to hear. Becky immediately came to alert. What the hell?

Becky was prepared to kill the fart out of Damian."Damian, you're dating Iduna? This bi—"

"No! I'm not. No way. Also get off me." He said as he shooed away from Iduna. "And don't call me babe."

"Why?" Iduna's words were laced with a 'threatening' aura. It sounded really stupid. But she believed she sounded scary. "You're seeing someone?"

"Yes." He replied back quickly, "I am."

Becky gasped and put a hand over her mouth, while Iduna couldn't handle her seething anger. "I don't understand! You're seeing m—"

"Then don't understand." Damian interrupted. "It's none of your business to know," he said casually.

Becky leaned in and whispered in Damian's ear, covering her mouth with her hand. "I'm gonna murder you if that 'someone' isn't Anya. You know damn well I can kill you and blame your death on this girl."

Damian sent a quick side-eye to Becky and to Iduna. "I think I'd like that," he sighed a bit too loudly.

Iduna clenched her teeth. "Like what?" she said, trying to once again sound threatening. "I should know what you're talking about, isn't that right, Damian?"

He almost guffawed. "Help..." he slightly turned away from Iduna's point of view and laughed not-too-silently-on-purpose.

Iduna stomped her feet on the ground. "Don't laugh at me!!!" She said, and threw a pencil at his head.

Damian stopped laughing, and mocked her, "Oww..." then he laughed again, this time the rest of the class was laughing along with him.

Iduna was close to breaking his neck. "GRRRRRR!!!" She threw a notebook at his head and everybody gasped, and at that moment, Mr. Henderson came back into the room.

"Iduna Carol! To the principal's! NOW!"

Iduna immediately realized what she had done, "B–but! It's women's—"

"I do not care! You have shown very inelegant actions to your classmate, and I want you to apologize to him." He said sternly.

Iduna gritted her teeth. "Fine. Sorry." Then she aggressively got her bag, and slammed the door. Mr. Henderson just sighed and went to his desk.

—'~'---

Finally, the day was over and 4 'o'clock PM finally hit. The students ran out of the school, prepared to buy a bouquet of flowers for the girls.

"I'm gonna visit Forger at the hospital." A boy said, holding a bouquet.

"Is that so?" Becky nodded.

"Yeah, I've been really worried about her lately." He said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I, uh..."

Becky laughed, "Why are you so shy now, Arthur? You were so confident and arrogant back in the day!" No, damn it! Don't go near Anya you imbecile! I'm gonna kill you! But... for the sake of Damian's jealousy... She smiled sweetly between murderous thoughts.

"Oh, uh, yeah." He smiled softly. "I've grown over that,"

Becky was surprised over his 'maturity'. Wow. Uh. Hopefully she doesn't suddenly fall for him? Aghhh, no. She shook her head over those thoughts. I am done being a hopeless romantic! I am not about to fall for another guy. 'Specially not him. "Ah, ok. Toodaloo, now. You wouldn't want to keep your love waiting." She cringed horribly inside upon saying that. She still mustered up the power to smirk, to maybe make Arthur feel embarrassed she said Anya was his 'love', but maybe because she knew Damian was watching her very carefully, surprised at what she said.

Arthur laughed sheepishly again and headed off to the hospital.

Becky almost bursted into laughter when she felt a firm hand grab her by the shoulders. She immediately put on an innocent face and acted afraid when her gaze met Damian's.

"What the heck!? Anya's really ali—"

"Shush," She interrupted, changing her innocent face to an evil grin as she couldn't keep up the act any longer. Then she suddenly burst into fits of laughter, making Damian confused, he started to take some steps away from her as she started rolling on the floor laughing.

What the hell...? Is she possessed...? Damian nervously opened the door to the phone booth, ready to call the exorcists. He started dialing the number when Becky shouted.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" She got up and saw which numbers his fingers tapped on, and she gasped in horror. "ARE YOU DIALING THE EXORCIST??? WHAT THE HECK, DESMOND! NO, I AM NOT POSSESSED! GIVE ME THAT!" She started fighting for the phone, and Damian just got even more terrified, clinging onto the object for dear life.

"You're ill! You're not in your right mind—!"

"I was trying to make you jealous of Arthur so you could finally visit Anya! Go!" She sighed in disappointment. "I didn't expect you to call me an exorcist!" She said as she finally took hold of the telephone which was already dialed, she held it up to her ear to only hear the exorcist asking questions worriedly.

"No, my friend was just being insane." She said, as she motioned for Damian to shoo away and get going. He silently closed the door of the phone booth and ran for his life, still thinking she was possessed.

"Insane!?" Said the man from the other side of the phone. "Do you need me to exorcise him?"

"No!" Then she hung up, and sighed in disappointment, sitting on a random bench solemnly. "I have no drama left..." She sighed once again.

—'~'---

Anya was silently crying in her hospital bed, when knocks came at the door. She quickly wiped her tears away but couldn't do it fast enough because Arthur already opened the door.

He gasped, "Anya," he ran to her as fast as he could whilst holding a bouquet of flowers. "Why are you crying? Who did this to you?" He asked sternly as he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

Anya stared at him in shock for a few seconds. No, no, no! Stop reminding me of him! New layers of tears welled up in her eyes and she continued sobbing even harder. Ow, it hurts...

"Stop— stop," She mumbled, putting a hand on her eye. That hurt. Why was he so rough? Ugh... She thought as she took his hand and placed it somewhere else on the bed.

Anya took his hand. "How did you know?" She said, still crying.

"It was pretty obvious." He chuckled, and put his thumb on her face to gently wipe away her tears. So gentle, that it was like a mere brush on her skin.

The embarrassment struck once again. Oops. He thought. Just act normal. "Err— I mean, Anya." Arthur repeated. "Are you okay? Talk to me."

Anya turned her head away from him, putting her hand in front of his face to tell him to stop. He kept pestering her and asking her what was wrong.

"Am I the problem?" He asked miserably.

Anya turned to face him with a glare, "No! Just stop bothering me!" She sobbed, covering her face with her hands.

Arthur was determined to find out. "No, I won't! I'm here to help you," He placed a hand on her back and felt her flinch slightly. Why are you so afraid of me?

Anya calmed down as he started to rub circles on her back, but still felt uncomfortable around him. They sat in silence for at least 3 minutes until Anya decided to finally speak.

"It's Damian," She said quietly, looking down at her hands and fiddled with it silently.

Arthur's mouth gaped open. "I'm sorry." He replied with the same manner of tone she used. "Want to talk about it?"

Anya half-smiled. "Thanks." She said awkwardly.

They sat in another round of silence before Anya broke the ice again.

"Umm, I got shamed by Damian's girlfriend for having a boyfriend when I don't actually have a boyfriend," She began awkwardly, once again fiddling with her fingers.

Arthur mouthed a small 'ah' and silently looked away.

...

He took a deep breath."Uh, do you want me to become your boyfriend...?" He said weakly.

Anya stopped playing with her hands. "Sorry?"

He realized what he said and laughed awkwardly. "Um, uh... to make Damian jealous...?" He said, and stopped rubbing circles on her back and also started fiddling with his hands awkwardly. "...if you want to," he added.

Anya stared at him blankly before replying, "...Okay...?"

"...Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Anya said.

Arthur's eyes lit up. "Thank you!" He exclaimed as he hugged her tightly, and Anya immediately held her breath. Horrible perfume. She thought to herself.

Arthur noticed her expression and let go hesitantly, "Oh, uh, sorry... um..."

"This is strictly for business, yes?" Anya said in her 'starlight' voice. Uh oh. Do not act suspicious!!! You're supposed to be casual AGHHHH!!! She thought as she remained an unfazed look.

Arthur's smile twitched slightly, which did not go unnoticed by the young spy. "Uh, yeah, strictly business!" He laughed fakely, adding a weird scooping up of the arm gesture which made Anya cringe.

"Umm, uh, yeah... err, it'll only last until Damian finally um... breaks up with his girlfriend." Arthur said reluctantly.

"Okay. I want you to sign this paper," She said as she got a random receipt from her side desk, she had a feeling he'd take advantage of their 'relationship'. She handed over a pen to him as well, though he successfully grabbed the items, he was hesitant in signing it.

Anya waited in anticipation as he finally decided to sign it. He then handed it to her, with a not-so-well-hidden broken hearted look on his face. Anya still remained unfazed, but decided to thank him anyway.

"Thank you," She said, and hugged him in a friendly-like way.

And at that moment, the door opened.

—'~'---

Damian ran for his life to the hospital. Maybe because he was absolutely terrified of 'Possessed Becky', or maybe because he didn't want Arthur to brainwash Anya into a relationship. He heard his plans. Using Anya? Hah. Still the same snobby brat from before. He's probably gonna gaslight her into thinking he's finally changed, and she's probably gonna go like, 'Oh mushy-mushy Arthurrr~! Let's be a "thing"!'

...

He shook his head. Nevermind. Anya would never say that.

He finally arrived at the hospital. After 20 excruciating minutes, the world decided he needed more torture.

"I don't think you're a friend of Miss Forger, Sir." The nurse at the front desk dismissed in a high voice.

Damian gritted his teeth. "Why not?"

"I mean, she talks about you a lot."

His eyes lit up.

"Wait, Anya was—"

"—In a bad way." The nurse finished. Though what she was saying wasn't entirely true, she overheard Anya cursing once she thought she was left alone in her room. The nurse heard Anya say Damian's name at least once or twice, and decided, 'no way am I gonna let her see the one she dreads'. She thought in her mind as she not so silently tapped on the hospital keyboard.

Damian's mouth, meanwhile, was hung open in shock. I mean, what was he expecting? After he left her just like that? Shit, maybe Anya was really there and she just moved away from him the time he absolutely deteriorated in public. Man, he probably embarrassed himself so badly in front of her. He shook his head. Nope, no, he's going off topic. What he should be concerned about is apologizing to Anya.

"No, please. I really need to—"

"—It's fine," Said a woman. The two immediately turned their heads to the familiar voice. "That's her... uh... male friend." Ola smiled as she tried racking her brains to remember if Damian was her boyfriend or not.

Damian gave an uncomfy smile, and a monotone laugh followed to 'lighten up the mood'. "Ha Ha," He haha'd, if that's even a word. They sat in silence, looking at the Desmond silently. Sensing awkwardness and second hand embarrassment from the trio, he added a 'sorry' and a lame cough.

That was her! The woman who told Damian Anya was gonna undergo surgery, and who also asked if he needed a doctor. How embarrassing.

Damian looked around and attempted to whistle but failed, earning a small snicker from the nurse at the register. He glared silently at her before turning to Ola innocently, "Um, can I..." Damian said, pointing to Anya's door awkwardly.

Ola nodded, pointing to the door. The nurse at the register gave her a glance of judgement then went back to being normal, typing as aggressively as ever.

Finally out of there. Whoowhee. Damian placed his hands on the handle, slowly opening it.

Nurse Ola suddenly turned around, adding one last thing to her speech before he went. "Oh, wait, I forgot to tell you..." But saw he was going in and shrugged off what she was gonna say anyway.

Damian finally opened the door. But to his dismay and possible embarrassment, he saw autumn colored hair instead of pink.

Damn. Must've gone into the wrong room. Should I apologize? Nah... too embarrassing...

That red-head looks familiar though...that looks like... what's his name...?

...

Then, a pink haired girl suddenly released herself from a hug with the autumn haired guy, and Damian's eyes widened in full realization.

Well, shit.

---'~'---

A/N

---

Woopsie. Looks like I've delayed this chapter once again. Sorry!

But my schools been erratic recently and I haven't had the time to write properly. Although I guess you can say this is at least longer than the previous chapters.

This was actually supposed to be a filler for women's month, but it soon shaped into a chapter. Well, supposedly chapter 25, but I didn't finish chapter 24 yet so I'm making this chapter 24 instead. If that even makes sense. So instead, to make it up to you guys, the next chapter will be about Anya and her thoughts. (about damian)

I'm once again spoiling too much. But whatever anyway.

Thank you guys so much for 6.4k views! I really appreciate all the comments, and to think about it, just on November 7, 2023, I wrote on my journal that I had only 123 reads. It's amazing to see how far I went. If I never pursued this random idea of a book, maybe I'd be dwindling in a corner.

I am also really shocked about reaching over 116k+ views on my tiktok video. (first pinned) It's flabbergasting and I kinda wish this book was the one that blew up instead of that video. Nevertheless, I am overjoyed and I'm grateful for what I've gotten.

Thank you guys so much and I'll see you in the next chapter! 💗

- Alexa 🐧💗

TIKTOK: alexayerzzz

INSTA: akutza.notsecretacc

Please make sure to check out my other books which I'll be working on after I finish this book. Reminder, this book will have a sequel!

Thank you once again and see you!

(P.S, sorry for the awkward chapter. That was intentional.)

Word count: 2536

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 419 13
this is my first fanfic thing ig hope u like also many parts were inspired by yuki x on yt and sapphire_blossoms bokuakakuroken one-shot book on watt...
638K 8.8K 65
Anna has come out of lockdown ready to find the man of her dreams. Follow our new islander through her adventure during this Summer of Love
7.7K 71 6
a new collection of oneshots that i've started :)) will do x readers, or ships! please comment requests of any harry potter ship, or x reader- i will...
340K 13.3K 22
What will you do when your new replacement teacher looks more like a gangster than a educator?