Mentality.

By Bhettiboop

One day, Zonnique goes to a wild spring break party. The next day, she wakes up inside of a mental home. Her... More

Chapter 1 - Suicidal.
Chapter 2 - "Get situated!"
Chapter 3 - One Way Ticket.
Chapter 4 - The Beast Within.
Chapter 5 - "Your Honor."
Chapter 6 - Monster.
Chapter 7 - Playing with Fire.
Chapter 8 - Departure.
Chapter 9 - Hailstorm.
Chapter 10 - Sarrogate Parents.
Chapter 11 - "Who Daddy is."
Chapter 12 - Transformer.
Chapter 13 - Off Safety.
Chapter 14 - Skeletons.
Chapter 15 - Rep.
Chapter 16 - Homebound.
Chapter 17 - Cornered.
Chapter 18 - "Let's Bail."
Chapter 19 - True Colors.
Chapter 20 - Adam and Eve.
Chapter 21 - Crossed.
Chapter 22 - "I'm sorry."
Chapter 23 - Newbies!
Chapter 24 - I'll be there.
Chapter 25 - Three of a Kind.
Chapter 26 - Pause.
Chapter 27 - Down N' Dirty.
Chapter 28 - Round 1.
Chapter 29 - A Little Rushed.
Chapter 30 - Killer Instincts.
Chapter 31 - Round 2.
Chapter 33 - "You Lose."
Chapter 34 - Final Round. **FINALE**
Chapter 35 - Wedlock.
Chapter 36 - Breakthrough.
Chapter 37 - "Chres....?"
Chapter 38 - Set It Off. [Part 1.]
Chapter 39 - Set It Off. [Part 2.]
Chapter 40 - Child Play.
Chapter 41 - Race.
Chapter 42 - 2 Down.
Chapter 43 - Boomerang.
Chapter 44 - Keepsake.
Chapter 45 - Crashing Down.
Chapter 46 - Hormones.
Chapter 47 - Persuasion.
Chapter 48 - Cut The Top Off.
Chapter 49 - Will.
Chapter 50 - First Time.
Chapter 51 - Shows Over.
Chapter 52 - Fathers Will. **FINALE**
Epilogue.
ATTENTION!

Chapter 32 - Round 3.

17.5K 504 119
By Bhettiboop

Chresanto kneeled down over Zonnique and noticed that the blood had sept through his large black jacket. He lifted it up and seen so much blood that no clue where she was shot at. More of the blood was on the left side of her body, so he used apart of his sleeve to wipe away at her arm. When he did, he noticed that more of the blood was spurting from her upper area. She was shot in her upper left arm. 

Then, Zonnique slowly turned her head over to him. Her eyes were half opened. She was drained because she'd bled out so bad. Chresanto gasped then leaned over her and kissed her on her lips.

"Babe, are you okay?" Chresanto whispered to her.

"What.....what happened...?" Zonnique whispered as she looked around, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Come on." Chresanto said as he grabbed her arm. "I'm gonna patch you up in the car-"

The minute Chresanto grabbed her arm, Zonnique let out an ear shattering scream. The pain from the bullet surged from her arm all the way down to her upper shoulder area. Chresanto let her go, then looked at her in a scared way.

"My fucking arm!" Zonnique cried as she rolled around in the dirt. 

"Here. I'll pick you up." Chresanto panted.

Chresanto used both of his muscular arms to help lift Zonnique up. He opened the door to his backseat, then scooted his way inside of the backseat along side her. He shut the door and took off Zonnique's jogging suit jacket. Her whole entire upper arm was splashed with blood, which trickled down to her lower arm.

"Oh my god, this shit hurts.." Zonnique whined as she looked down at it.

Chresanto pulled out a red rag he kept inside of there and splashed it with poroxide. Right when he was about to rub off her wound, Zonnique jumped and gave him a look of horror.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Zonnique shouted.

"Nique, it's not going to burn." Chresanto said as he looked at her. "Trust me."

Chresanto placed the rag onto her wound, causing her to jump and suck in her teeth a little bit. She squinted her eyes as Chresanto wiped all of the excess blood off of her arm. He looked at her lower arm and wiped all of the blood all of that as well. He placed a little bit of vaseline inside of the rag, then wiped around her wound with it to stop the bleeding.

"How'd you have all of this stuff inside of your car?" Zonnique laughed as he glanced at him.

"You think that when I go out shooting people that i've never been harmed? I'm not untouchable." Chresanto said as he shook his head, keeping his eyes on her arm. "I gotta keep stuff like this on me just in case I get shot, cut, burned, anything. You gotta be prepared."

Chresanto rinsed the rag off with poroxide, then reached in and grabbed some tiny pliers. He gave Zonnique a small clean towel, then handed it to her. She looked at it in confusion, then looked back up at Chresanto.

"What's this for?" Zonnique asked.

"I'm gonna need you to bite down on that for me." Chresanto nodded.

Zonnique froze. She looked at his pliers and realized what he was about to do. He was going to pull the bullet out of her arm.

"Hell no!" Zonnique shouted, shaking her head drastically. "You're not going to pull that bullet out! I'm gonna go to the hospital!"

"Zonnique, we're not going to no hospital!" Chresanto said in a loud tone. "If we go to a hospital, they're gonna know that we were in some sort of gunfight!"

"What the hell, Chres!" Zonnique shouted again. "This shit is going to hurt like hell! I'd rather just leave it in there!"

Chresanto gave Zonnique a slightly irritated look as he shook his head.

"If you leave that bullet inside of there Zonnique, the led will spread all the way throughout your whole entire body!" Chresanto said in a loud and strict tone. "You'll get sick, probably get some sort of disease and die a slow and painful death all because you don't want me to take this damn bullet out! Which one is it gonna be?"

"Don't yell at me like it's going to be an easy decision for me, Chresanto!" Zonnique shouted in his face. "You're not the one who got shot! Remember that!"

"I never said that it would be easy, Zonnique!' Chresanto said. "I'm trying to choose a smarter decision for you!"

Zonnique glanced at Chresanto in an angry way. She snatched the towel out of his hand, placed it inside of her mouth, and bit down on it as she gave him an evil look.

"Now bite down hard." Chresanto nodded as he placed the pliers by her arm. "Because it's going to hurt."

Chresanto took a deep breath, then placed the pliers by her wound. Once the pliers came in contact with it, Zonnique screamed and spit out her towel, causing Chresanto to jump.

"Zonnique, keep the towel in your mouth!" Chresanto shouted as he leaned onto the ground and picked it back up. "I don't want you clenching to hard down on your teeth."

"It fucking hurts!" Zonnique shouted as she slammed the back of her head into the seat.

Chresanto placed the towel back inside of her mouth as she bit down. Chresanto grabbed the pliers and placed it back inside of her wounds, causing Zonnique to squint her eyes and bite down deep into the towel. Once Chresanto got the pliers to clamp down onto the bullet, he looked over at Zonnique. Her eyes were flooded with tears.

"Alright, Zonnique. Brace yourself." Chresanto said in a serious tone. "On the count of 3, i'm gonna snatch the bullet out so that we can avoid all of the pain. Okay?"

"Mmhm." Zonnique nodded with her teeth still deep inside of the towel.

"One......two........three......"

Chresanto snatched the bullet out of her arm, causing blood to fly onto his shirt and spurt a little on his face. Zonnique screamed in a muffled tone, biting down harder into the towel than she ever had. She was kicking her feet a little as she squinted her eyes in pure agony. Chresanto grabbed the red washcloth and quickly wiped all of the blood off, then placed a large 2 layers of a large white bandage from his kit and wrapped it all around her arms. Chresanto cleaned all of the blood off of his face, her arms, then his backseats. Once he was done, he placed everything back inside of his kit and smiled at her. 

"You're all done!" Chresanto cheesed. "You did it!"

Zonnique didn't say anything. She leaned over into the window and cried her eyes out as Chresanto kissed her wound. He looked back up at her and sighed as he looked out of the window.

"I gotta go bury his body." Chresanto sighed in a tired tone. "That'll take me about 45 minutes so, just go to sleep or something. Okay?"

"Okay....." Zonnique whined.

Chresanto grabbed his shovel to bury Daniel as he walked over to his body. However, he noticed that his eyes were still open and that he was still bleeding. Chresanto kneeled over him and lifted him up as he glanced back at him, still dying from his wound.

"Listen to me." Chresanto growled in his face. "I want you to go to the hospital, get some help, and fly out of this state when you do. Do you understand me."

Daniel slowly nodded his head, but Chresanto wasn't buying it.

"I have ways of finding out if you left this state or not, so don't think that running to the police or back to that damn mental home will help!" Chresanto shouted. "I want you out of this state in 10 days. If I hear about you mentioning my name to any officer, i'll cut your ass up while you're alive. Do you understand me?"

Daniel nodded his head as he slowly closed his eyes, struggling to keep them open. He couldn't speak.

"Alright then. I'm glad that we've made things clear." Chresanto nodded.

Over the large wooded area, was a large highway that had a ton of oncoming trucks and cars. Chresanto picked him up and dropped him off on the side of the road, knowing that someone would find them. Once he did that, he sprinted back to his car and drove off. Zonnique had already dozed off in the back seat. Chresanto drove over Romelo's grandmothers house to establish an alibi. He'd asked could he pick him up, but his grandmother had told him no since it was too late. With that, he drove back to the mental home, which was 25 minutes away.

Once he arrived, he placed his jacket on Zonnique to cover up her large bandage area. Since the jacket was leather and black, you couldn't see the blood on it, which was Chresanto's purpose of wearing an "all black" outfit. When they walked in, they noticed that Mrs. Lacey was cleaning up the living room. They'd also noticed that there were other nurses along with Jaden that was awake too.

"Chres, where have you been?" Mrs. Lacey asked.

"Arguing with Romelo's grandmother, thats what!" Chresanto said in a frustrated tone. "I was trying to pick up my son, and she told me that it was too late and to go home."

"She knew that you were coming to pick him up, too." Zonnique growled at him, playing along with him. "Making us get up for no reason..."

"Man...." Mrs. Miner said as she shook her head and looked at the rooms.

"Why? What's the problem?" Chresanto asked, acting dumbfounded.

"We're looking for Daniel." One of the other nurses asked. "His door is open and our car is still here, meaning that he could've possibly just taken off."

"Chresanto had something to do with this shit! He probably killed him!" Jaden shouted as he walked up to him. "Why the hell would he be leaving out at 1:00am to pick up his son."

"Look, if you don't believe me, call Romelo's grandmother." Chresanto shrugged in a blunt tone as he looked at Mrs. Miner. "You know her number, Mrs. Miner."

Just to verify it, Mrs. Miner went over to the home phone to call. It wasn't like she didn't believe him, but she knew about his heinous ways. She dialed her number and called, only to have a brief conversation with her. After they heard her shouting over the phone, Mrs. Miner said goodbye to her and hung up after they got done talking.

"Well, she called you a 'fucking idiot' for coming over that late." Mrs. Miner laughed. "Chresanto's telling the truth."

"He could've left somewhere else after-"

"Look, his grandmothers house is 20 minutes there and back. Of course it took me an hour!" Chresanto shouted. "Get off of my back before I punch your ass in the mouth!"

"Chres..." Zonnique said in a tired tone as she grabbed him by his shoulders and brought him into his room. "I think that it's time for bed. Come on......."

"I think that he probably just ran off. I don't want to file a missing persons report just yet." Mrs. Miner said silently to one of the nurses. "Most people do that when they feel that their caged in here. Especially since we lock their doors at ni-"

"No!" Jaden said in a loud tone as he looked at them. "Daniel isn't the type of person to do that! Hell, this nigga is still afraid of the dark!"

"What's going on, here?" Justin asked in a sleepy tone as he stepped out of his room.

"Boys, just get some rest." Mrs. Miner sighed as she placed her hand out. "We always deal with "runaways". We'll probably find him tomorrow."

Justin looked down at Jaden, then grabbed his arm as he brought him into his room. He shut the door and sat him down on his bed as he stood over him in confusion.

"What's going on?" Justin whispered.

"They said that Daniel is missing.." Jaden said in a low tone. 

"That's all?" Justin snarled. "That nigga probabl just ran away."

"He's missing, but the mental home car is still here." Jaden said as he shook his head at him. "Me and you both know that Daniel wouldn't just up and leave without a car."

"What if he took a taxi?"

"Daniel doesn't even have any money." Jaden scoffed. "You know that he cant afford a taxi right down a block if he wanted to."

Justin looked at his phone and grabbed it as he sat on his bed, preparing to call him.

"Don't do it. I already tried to call him." Jaden scowled. "His phone went straight to voicemail."

"Fuck." Justin scoffed.

"Something that's worse, is that I think that that Chresanto cat has something to do with it." Jaden said in a low tone.

"Why?" Jaden asked.

"Because. The same time Daniel went missing, he was gone also." Jaden said as he shook his head. "We already know that he an OG along with being a murderer, so you know that he probably hid his body somewhere nice and good."

"But, wasn't he at his son's grandmothers house?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, man. That's why i'm pushing away from him a little..." Jaden said in a low tone.

"Let's just go to sleep, man." Justin said as he smacked his back and began walking out of his room. "Daniel will probably be home tomorrow and we'll laugh about us overthinking this shit later."

But the next day, Daniel didn't return. It was totally expected.

Jaden on the other hand, wasn't the only one who was freaking out. The nurses were as well. A few of them drove out into the city to look for him, but nobody could find him. If anyone else found out about this, Mrs. Miner could be on the verge of losing her job. For every patient of hers who went missing, she'd usually find them in a matter of 3 days tops, which calmed her down a little. Unfortunately, everyone was forced to return to their normal routine.

Chresanto was walking down to breakfast with Abby, when he seen Jaden walking alone and by himself into the living room. Chresanto walked close to him and gave him a devilish grin as Jaden gave him a horrified look. Chresanto kept that look on his face, then walked off and down the stairs with Abby.

 Just by that look, he knew that Chresanto had done something to Daniel.

Jaden went up to Mrs. Miners office and filled out a visitation day form. The most days that he could leave were only 3 tops. He filled his slot for all three days. Mrs. Miner informed him that if he didn't come back within that three day period, they would be out to look for him. With that, Justin grabbed his slip and called his brother.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Trey?" Jaden panted.

"Yes?"

"Come get me, man." Jaden nodded. "I'm coming over your house for the weekend."

Jaden's older brother arrived at the building almost an hour later, picked Jaden up, then drove 30 minutes back to his home. It was smack dab in the middle of the ghetto since his older brother was a gang banger. When they got inside of the house, Jaden plopped onto his olders brothers bed and sat there in a daze. His hands were shaking, the look on his face indicated nothing but worry, and his brother was stunned.

"What's wrong with you, man?" His older brother asked as he gave him a weird look.

"I think that one of those people inside of that mental home has killed my boy, man." Jaden said as he shook his head. "They haven't seen him in 16 hours or so, and he ain't the type to just run away."

"Why do you think that that specific person did it?" Trey asked.

"Because he's a killer himself." Jaden said in a grim tone. "And right around the time Daniel was gone, he was gone also. This dude don't play, man."

"Wait, are you scared of this cat?" His brother scoffed.

"Nah, bro. When I say that he's craazy, this dude is CRAZY." Jaden said in a serious tone as he shook his head. "He's been targeting us ever since we got inside of there."

His brother stared at him for a minute, then folded his arms.

"What's his name?" His brother asked.

"Chresanto. Chresanto August."

"How does he look?" Trey asked.

"He's kind of muscular, he got a small cut, his lips are kind of big, and he always wearing black!" Jaden said.

"Well, i'm a killer myself and you know this." Trey nodded as he sat on the bed and pulled his AK47 from under it. "As being a killer, I know what killers do and what their conscience is. I know that if he's coming for you, he's going to be coming here at night."

"So, what does that mean?" Jaden asked.

"It means that we're gonna wait for his ass." Trey nodded. "He's probably as ready as us, but not as ready as i'ma be."

But while they were planning ahead, they didn't know that Chresanto was planning ahead as well.

Since the mental home car had a tracking device for Mrs. Miner and the other nurses to follow, Chresanto knew exactly where Jaden was. Abby had asked him if he had something to do with killing Daniel, and he told her everything. After finding out about the night that him and Zonnique had, Abby told him that she wanted to come with him and participate with the two instead. Towards 8:00pm, Chresanto told the nurses that he was going to go do their grocery shopping for them.

However, it was the total opposite. Chresanto drove over to his brothers house, got everyone a gun, went to the grocery store to buy all of the things that the nursing home needed, and made his way over to Jaden's location.

"So you just dropped him down off at the interstate?" Abby laughed as her and Chresanto sat in the front seat.

"Yeah. I didn't think that he deserved to die." Chresanto said as he drove off into the night. "I just told him to move to a different state. Usually when I give them that look of death, they listen."

"You should've invited me to that shootout, man!" Abby barked as she looked at him. "Don't forget about who your rreal partner in crime is just because you have Zonnique's big head ass with you now."

"Whatever, Abby." Zonnique chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"You bringing her scary ass when she can't even take a bullet!" Abby laughed in a drastic way.

"Hey!" Zonnique shouted as she leaned up in the backseat. "Try getting a bullet snatched out of your arm without any anesthesia!"

"Girl, i've been shot 6 times messing with this one." Abby said, pointing to Chres. "You gotta man up, babygirl!"

"We're here." Chresanto said as he pulled up to the house. "Everybody got their guns?"

"Yep." Abby nodded.

"Yep." Zonnique nodded.

"No, Zonnique. You stay in the car." Chresanto said in a strict tone.

"Why?" Zonnique asked in a saddened tone.

"Because. We're going to need you as our getaway driver." Chresanto said as him and Abby stepped out. "We'll be done, shortly."

"Ugh. Fine." Zonnique scoffed as she folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

Chresanto and Abby crept to the front of the house and stood by the side of the door. Something that Chresanto noticed, was that the door was cracked open. His eyes widened as Abby prepared to step in front of the door.

"No no no no no, Abby!" Chresanto whispered in a loud tone. "Step back!"

"Why?" Abby whispered back, stepping back like he said.

"Never step in front of a cracked door." Chresanto whispered again. "That means that somebody is waiting for you. Watch."

Chresanto grabbed a small rock that was one the porch, and threw a rock inside of the home. In a flash, a hail of gunfire erupted outside of the door. Abby and Chresanto stayed on the side of the door, crouching down and away from the gunfire.

"Come on!" Trey shouted in an angry tone. "You wanna be so big and bad towards my brother, come in here and try me!" 

Chresanto knew that he couldn't walk in through that door, or else he'd get slaughtered. He peeked through the window of the home and seen him and Jaden standing by the door with AK47's in their hands. He closed one eye, and shot both of them in their shoulders through the window, causing them to fall onto the floor.

"Move in, Abby!" Chresanto shouted. "Move in!!"

As Jaden and his brother limped into their kitchen, Abby fired multiple shots from her gun as she walked towards it. Out of the blue, Chresanto ran inside and tackled her onto the ground as Jaden and his brother shot in her direction. Abby and Chresanto both got up, ran inside of the bathroom, and traded gunfire with both of them.

But Abby and Chresanto both knew that their guns didn't hold a candle to theirs.

"Fuck!" Chresanto said as they ducked away from the hail of gunfire that was being shot over them.

"What are we gonna do, Chres!" Abby shouted loudly as they continuously fired at the wall. "They're going to kill us at any second, now!"

What they didn't know, is that Zonnique had gotten outside of the car.

Zonnique drove the car all the way to the end of the block, grabbed her gun, then walked the full block bak to the house. As she inched under the window, she lifted her head to see what was going on. There, she seen that they were firing rapidly at something. She didn't know if it was Abby, Chresanto, or the both of them, but thinking that it was, she went crazy. She closed one of her eyes just like Chresanto taught her, and fired one round into each of their heads through the window. Once they fell onto the ground, Zonnique stormed into the house and burst into the bathroom where Abby and Chresanto was.

"Chres?" Zonnique said. "Abby?"

"Are they dead?" Abby asked.

"Yes." Zonnique nodded. "I killed them!"

All three of them smiled and held each other close, hugging it all out. After all of this, they realized how close they'd gotten. Zonnique went into a house looking at these people as if they were crazy, but came out realizing that they were her closest friends. Zonnique shed a few tears in the process as well. They only had one more person to go. Justin.

Suddenly, the heartwarming moment was shattered when they heard a line of police cars roll in in front of the house. All of their eyes widened as the policemen got outside of their car and pointed their guns at the house.

"Everyone in the house freeze!" One of the officers yelled. "Come out with your hands in the air.

"Fuck......." Chresanto gasped as he gave the girls a saddened look. "This is it..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 14
Jane had been living in a psychiatric hospital since the age of 12 after her mother died. She doesn't believe she's supposed to be there, and tries t...
65.7K 2.5K 102
"She could have died today for me, and I didn't even know her name." ------------------------- Imagine that there are no limits for you. No yesterda...
435 0 7
Alex goes through the hard parts of life before most others would but soon meets people who make things much less insufferable for her. The friends s...
Abigail By Hannah

Teen Fiction

57.8K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...