The Discount Gamer (OC in Res...

By D4V1D-01

We meet a young man named Jonah who was thrust into a world of dangerous viruses and infections by a mysterio... More

Walk with the Dead
Heart of the Undead
Escape The City

X Gonna give it to ya

134 5 1
By D4V1D-01

While looking for the key to open the cell door back at the Police Station, Jonah also found a Shotgun he took out while Leon found some of the ammunition and gave it to him. The search leads to the roof where they find the burning wreckage of the crashed helicopter and after some work are able to find a way to use broken water pipes to douse the fire. 

Jonah: "Ok I feel like we're finally getting somewhere"

Leon: "hopefully the key or something is here"

As they enter the hallway and see the crashed helicopter when suddenly a huge looking man in a black coat with a fedora on lifts the helicopter off and steps into view with heavy footsteps 

Leon: "What is that?!"

Jonah: "That ain't no zombie!!"

Leon and Jonah take out their pistols and fire but the hulking man tanks the bullets and walks closer to them, they run once they see their bullets aren't stopping him as they leave the room to see the man still following them.

Jonah: "Ok this thing seems to only walk so we can still outrun him, Leon I'll distract him while you go search the area with his attention on me ok?"

Leon: "Are you sure? this thing is slow but still really strong"

Jonah: "Don't worry, I'm just gonna play cat and mouse for a bit...now get ready to sneak behind him"

Leon nods and hides behind a corner as the big man walks into view 

Jonah: "Alright....X! Mr X I believe it was, you wanna some of me? come get some!"

Jonah runs back into the building as Mr X follows, once they are both out of view Leon makes his way back to where they were gonna search 

Leon: "Be carful Jonah..."

*scene shift* 

[Parkour Leveled Up! Lv 29 -> Lv 30] 

Jonah jumped over some stuff and ran into the lobby of the police station and saw a now zombified Marvin 

Jonah: "Oof, looks like the virus did get to ya"

He turns to see Mr X enter and keep walking after him, Jonah keeps moving leading Mr X into the library 

Jonah: "Your so slow, how are you gonna kill me if you can't catch me?"

Mr X then grabs a whole book shelf and tosses it as Jonah barley ducks under it as the shelf crashes into the wall behind him

Jonah: "Oh so it's gonna be like that?"

Jonah takes out and pumps his Shotgun as he begins blasting Mr X in the chest and then gets closer to blast him in the face knocking his hat off his head as well as bringing the monster to his knees. 

Jonah: "From what I do know of you I know better than to waste ammo, I can halt you but I don't have the means to kill you...yet"

Jonah leaves before Mr X can get up as he reloads his shotgun, once getting a good distance away Jonah takes a breather to collect himself now that he's lost Mr X for now

Jonah: "Well that wasn't too bad, now I'll just head back to Leon and-"

Right as Jonah turns the corner a strong hand grabs and grips him tightly by the throat and lifts him off the ground as a figure steps into view illuminated by the moon light from a nearby window, they have a blue janitor looking suit and an oh so familiar white mask. 

Jonah: "Y-You?! you shouldn't be here!"

Myers lifts Jonah higher and with his other hand raises a bloody kitchen knife to stab him, Jonah quickly takes out his Pistol and shoots Myers hand making him drop the knife before then unloading a few rounds in his chest and kicking him to finally make Myers let go of him. 

Jonah: "No seriously you shouldn't be here...unless....oh so that's what he meant when he said this world may have surprises for me... shoot"

Despite his chest having been shot point blank into, Myers is able to get back up after grabbing his knife and slashes at Jonah's chest while he's in the middle of his thoughts. Jonah hops back and shoots Myers a few more times making him stumble back, Jonah then reloads quickly and checks his chest.

Jonah: "Phew...the vest took the brunt of that one so the knife didn't hit any skin...gonna have to be more carful" 

Myers starts walking towards him again as Jonah quickly runs away, he flees back to the back gate area of the building and heads outside as he looks around and see's some zombies walking around. 

Suddenly he feels a tap on his shoulder and he turns to see...what looks like a zombie girl but she's less rotted looking than others and has red eyes and very sharp teeth and a torn dress and stiches on her body. 

????: "Hi!"

Jonah: ".....Hi? who are you and if you don't mind me asking are you a zombie or something else?"

????: "I don't remember my name anymore, but I think I'm some sort of Zombie...though I can still talk and stuff while the others don't for some reason, What's your name?"

Jonah: "Erm I'm Jonah...nice to meet you, I'll just call you Zoey until farther notice if that's ok"

Zoey: "That works! i like the sound of it, you got a nice name too Jonah"

They start at each other in awkward silence for a bit, Zoey gets this grin and look in her eyes that Jonah doesn't like. 

Jonah: "...Sooo...what are you doing?"

Zoey: "Looking for something to eat, I got this insatiable hunger these days...speaking of which can I eat you?"

Jonah: "No!"

Zoey: "Just a little bite? I'm so hungry!" 

Jonah: "Sorry but no you may not eat any part of me"

Zoey: ".....I'm too hungry...sorry, I need food! you look like your brain is delicious" 

Jonah backs away as Zoey starts to get closer

Zoey: "...you kind of remind me of my boyfriend actually" 

Jonah: "Thanks?...."

Zoey: "Yeah....he left me to die when the apocalypse started"

Jonah: "Oh well...sorry to hear that"

Zoey: "it's ok, we met again later at least, he tasted great...mmmmmm you will too i think"

Jonah quickly moves out of the way as Zoey tires to tackle him and misses, Jonah starts fleeing as Zoey quickly gives chase 

Jonah: "Oh great, Myers and Mr X only walked at least but she can actually sprint! reminds me of World War Z actually" 

Jonah keeps trying to lose her but she remains good at staying hot on his trail, he gets to the roof and his caught off guard when a heavy punch from Mr X sends him flying a few feet

Jonah: "Oww...how did I not hear you coming? must have been too distracted"

Jonah clutches his side and gets up to see Mr X walk towards him, he's about to back track but see's Zoey coming in so instead he turns to go a different direction but his blocked by Michael Myers walking over with that knife ready. 

Jonah: "...oh this is not fair"

Jonah finds himself surrounded by Myers and Mr X and Zoey now, Zoey looks between Jonah and the others while Mr X and Myers stare without emotion. 

Zoey: "Hey! Jonah's mine to eat! get your own food"

Jonah: "These guys don't want me as food Zoey, they just wanna kill me"

A bunch of Zombies appear after being attracted to the noise as they surround them all

Jonah: "....those ones do want me as food though"

Zoey: "I'll just have to save you"

Jonah: "Really?-"

Zoey: "-To eat you first! it tastes better if the body is still warm"

Jonah: "Thought so....crap"

*Objective: Survive*

Surrounded on all sides by zombies as well as these 3 Jonah knew his only chance to survive... was to pull a Pro Gamer move.

Jonah: "Alright, time to T up" 

*Battle/Chase music*

Jonah gets out his Pistol in one hand and his Tactical Shovel in his other hand as the zombies close in, he shoots some while using the shovel to bash the heads of others as he moves around them until he can slip through an opening in the group. Mr X bats some zombies out of his way as he moves to Jonah.

Jonah Shoots Mr X in the head a few times to throw him off and then uses his Shovel to parry a knife slash from Myers before shooting him in the head too making him stumble back, Jonah then gets tackled back by Zoey as she tries to bite him but Jonah uses his Shovel to block her as she bites the Shovel instead. 

Jonah head butts her off him and sweeps her leg before punching her with a 3 piece combo and then kicking her into an approaching Zombie.  

[Mixed Martial Arts Leveled Up! Lv 48 -> Lv 49] 

Jonah picks his Shovel and Gun back up as he smashes another Zombies head in before shooting at another as he puts his shovel back his inventory while he reloads his Pistol. Myers comes back in with a stab as Jonah weaves the stab and then shoots Myers leg before round house kicking his head sending him to the ground. 

Mr X blocks his path so Jonah tries to jump around him but gets his leg grabbed as Mr X tosses him back to the ground, Jonah takes out his shotgun and unloads the clip sending Mr X temporarily to his knees again. Jonah then gets up and reloads quickly as Myers gets back up only to get send back again as Jonah shoots his chest. 

Jonah shoots some of the remaining Zombies in his path real quick as Zoey catches him off guard and grabs him from behind as she bites his shoulder sinking her teeth into him. Jonah holds back a yelp from pain as he takes his Pistol back out and shoots her in the head getting her off him, he puts his shotgun back in his inventory and clutches his shoulder in pain but Gamer's mind helps him ignore the pain to focus on surviving. 

Zoey: "Mmmm So goooood~ you taste so sweet, I want more!"

Zoey gets back up again slowly 

Jonah: "Definitely not your average zombie...normally head shots work better on the others"

Myers gets back up and approaches Jonah from behind but the Discount Gamer notices and ducks under a swing as Myers slashes at Zoey instead, Zoey gets angry and jumps on Myers and starts tearing and biting at him. 

Zoey: "Bleh, you taste stale!"  

Myers stabs into Zoey but the knife does nothing to stop her as she rips at him more, she tries to tear his mask off even but Myers grabs her and slams her to the ground and steps on her. Myers stabs her more but Zoey bites his hand making him drop the knife and step off her as she gets up and jumps on his shoulders while biting at his neck. 

As Myers tries to get Zoey off him Jonah takes this chance to dip but see's Mr X get back up and begin walking over, Jonah shoots him and ducks under a swing as he gets behind him, Mr X grabs an AC unit and then tosses it as Jonah barley weaves it but then Mr X is able to clock him sending him crashing into the wall.

Jonah: "Everything hurts...I wish I didn't split with Leon..."

He gathers his barring's and see's Mr X approaching with more of those heavy footsteps echoing. Jonah looks around for something of possible aid or to get a plan and then he notices a dead officer's body nearby and see's he was holding...some flash bangs, Jonah grins and grabs them. 

Jonah: "HEY LISTEN!"

Myers and Zoey turn to look at Jonah as Mr X still approaches 

Jonah: "....knock off SOLAR FLARE!"

Jonah tosses a flash bang at the 3 as it goes off with a bang discombobulating them while Jonah quickly Parkour's down the side of the building to escape. Zoey also swears she somehow saw crappy fan art of her and that Zombie girl from Shantae in the flash. 

Zoey: "AHH IT'S LIKE COLLEGE ALL OVER AGAIN!"

Once the light and ringing stops they all see that Jonah is gone, Myers grabs Zoey and tosses her down some stairs to go back to looking for him as Mr X also goes to search for him and Leon.

*Battle/Chase music end*

Zoey: "...that guy's a jerk...he doesn't even taste good"

She gets up and heads into the building through a window

Zoey: "Oh I can't wait till i find Jonah again, I'm never letting him go now! He tastes too sweet... like Sugar~" 

*Time Skip*

Jonah made his way back to Leon after a few minutes

Leon: "What happened?"

Jonah: "They jumped me man..."

Leon helps give Jonah some medical attention as Jonah talks to him, thanks to Gamer's body his wounds heal faster that a normal person's so Jonah thankfully should be alright after a rest normally, but thanks to some heal spray his healing is accelerated and he's healed quicker. Gamer's body also will keep him from getting infected by Zoey although he doesn't know for sure if her bite is contagious or not but still good to have.

Jonah: "-So don't worry Leon, I got a special kind of body that means I'll be alright, I'm quite literally built different." 

Leon: "I still have so many questions about your odd abilities" 

Jonah: "I'll tell you more about it after we get out of this city, for now just know I can heal wounds completely after sleeping but using healing/medical based items on me heals my body much faster without needing to sleep first thankfully" 

Leon: "Almost sounds like something from a video game"

Jonah: "....yeaaaah....weird"

Leon didn't find a key but he did find some electrical parts and got an idea for opening the cell, they both head back to the cell block after sneaking around and making sure they weren't followed as Jonah begins working on a fuse box with the parts to repair it. 

[Electronics Leveled Up! Lv 47 -> Lv 48]

He finishes as power sparks to life and the Cell door finally opens, they head into the cell as Jonah takes the Key Card from the dead Ben and Leon picks up a tape record and listens to it. The tape has Ben talking to someone about the Umbrella Corporation's connection to an orphanage and something they were working on called a G-Virus.

Jonah: "This confirms it for me Leon, Umbrella is behind this all...the G-Virus must be what stared this"

The tape also mentions a big sinkhole in the city that rumor has it goes straight to an underground lab Umbrella owns, the interview is cut short as the tape ends. 

Leon: "...what are they after?"

As they leave something triggers the alarms and the lights go red with a bunch of zombies coming into the cell block, the two flee as Mr X also walks in and follows them.

Jonah: "Not again! X really wants to give it to us!!"

They shoot and weave around some zombies as they make it back to the parking garage, right as they enter Mr X breaks straight through the wall and grabs both Leon and Jonah by the necks and holds them up as they choke. 

Suddenly headlights turn on as they both turn to see a SWAT car running as the driver puts the petal to the metal and drives the car straight at them. The van slams into Mr X crushing him against the wall as he drops Jonah and Leon, the two quickly move away and cough getting their breaths back as Ada gets out of the van and approaches them.  

Leon: "Ada?"

Ada: "This is getting old, that's twice I've saved your asses" 

Jonah: "Didn't realize you were keeping score Ms Savor"

Ada: "look this isn't a game-"

The SWAT van then begins to move as Mr X starts pushing it off him

Leon: "You got to be kidding me"

Jonah: "I excepted this to be honest"

Ada: *sighs* "Nothing dies down here"

She then takes out a remote and presses a button that detonates the van blowing it up

Jonah: "...you had bombs in the van?"

Ada: "Just a precaution i took, now I take it you have the key card?" 

Leon: "Yeah and this, I was hoping you could explain what's on it?"

He tosses her the tape recorder

Ada: "Maybe...after I hear it, now lets get out of here"

Jonah opens the shudder as they all finally walk back outside into the cool rainy night and enter the city

Jonah: "Ahh Freedom! I love you rainy weather, feels good to finally be out of that place!"

Ada finishes listening to the tape

Leon: "Was that the intel you needed?"

Ada: "Unfortunately no, Ben didn't come through"

Leon: "Well what exactly are you looking for?"

Ada: "More info on the people responsible for this mess, what about you? trying to save the world"

Leon: "I told Lieutenant Branagh I'd bring help"

Ada/Jonah: "Good luck getting that"

Jonah and Ada both look at each other before looking away, the road ahead is out so they all enter a nearby gun shop to keep moving. They look around as Jonah grabs a bunch of ammo and some hand grenades to stuff in his inventory for later as well as a longer barrel for his shotgun.

Jonah: "Oh Ho the lord as blessed me today baby"

Leon goes to check out back and as he steps outside a Survivor comes closer and points a shotgun at his head.

Survivor: "Don't move"

Leon: "I'm not gonna hurt you-"

Survivor: "I said don't move!"

Leon: "I'm just passing though...I'm gonna ask you to lower that weapon"

Survivor: "like hell you are! your gonna turn around and go right back the way you came"

Leon notices what seems to be like a little girl behind the man, she looks...not great

Leon: "...I think your daughter needs help sir"

Survivor: "Don't tell me how to deal with my daughter" 

Ada then appears and points her gun at the man 

Ada: "Drop it"

Leon backs away once the man is distracted and points his gun at him too, Jonah also walks over and aims his pistol at the man.

Jonah: "Don't try anything"

Ada then notices the girl and aims her gun at the kid

Survivor: "No wait!"

Ada: "Step aside, we need to terminate her before she turns"

Survivor: "Terminate? that's my F******** daughter!"

Leon thinks and then slowly puts his gun down 

Leon: "Ada. Jonah... just let them be"

Ada slowly puts her gun down as Jonah does the same, the man addresses his daughter 

Survivor: "Emma, sweetheart, I told you to stay put" 

Emma: "....Dad...dy?"

She sounds weak, the man walks over to her and hugs her

Survivor: "yeah Emmie, daddy's here, I'm here ok?"

Leon and Jonah move a bit closer 

Survivor: "...Those things outside...look what they did to us...your both cops, your suppose to know something-HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" 

They say nothing to the man cause they can't

Survivor: "She was our sweet little angel..."

The man starts to cry 

Emma: "...Mom...my?"

Survivor: "...Mommy's sleeping, honey, Ok? ....and I'm...gonna put you to bed too ok?"

The man picks Emma up as she's almost like a doll that he carries away, he looks back at the others with a hurt voice.

Survivor: "Just go... Just give us some privacy" 

He walks inside a building and closes the door behind him, Leon and Jonah look back at Ada

Leon: "You know, it's one thing to keep the truth from us, but why him?!"

They then hear a gun shot go off from the building the man went into with his kid...they all knew what happened

Leon: "...I want to find out what's happening here, and stop whoever's behind it, helping people like them is why I joined the force"

Ada walks closer to them

Ada: "My mission is to take down Umbrella's entire operation...we may not make it out" 

Jonah: "Sounds like fun"

Leon: "Whatever it takes to save this city...count me in"

Jonah pats Leon's shoulder 

Jonah: "Count me in too, I told you we'd take down the one's behind this together remember?" 

Leon smiles a bit and nods to Jonah as they look back at Ada 

Ada: "...ok, heard of Umbrella? they make bio weapons and have a super virus that turns people into monsters-" 

They walk and talk as they all keep traveling to where Ada leads them

Ada: "-And that's why I'm looking for Annette Birkin, she's the one at Umbrella responsible for unleashing the virus, and I'm gonna bring her down"

They go down and find an entrance into the sewer 

Ada: "And this is how we get to Annette, after you"

Jonah: "Ladies first"

Ada: "Be a gentleman"

Jonah: "I'm a gentleman for women I like"

Ada: "How bluntly rude"

Jonah: "I still don't completely trust you but even besides that I don't like your attitude" 

Ada: "I just told you what I'm doing and letting you help me, I could care less how my attitude comes off to you though" 

Jonah: "I just got a gut feeling that I don't like you for a good reason, might be the face"

[Cold Reading Leveled Up! Lv 28 -> Lv 29]

Ada: "What about my face?"

Jonah: "Scared I'll call you ugly? how vain for a woman"

Ada: "Listen here you little-"

Leon: "Enough! we all have the same goal right now so stop arguing like kids and at least tolerate each other, Jonah please stop provoking her ok?"

Jonah: "Fiiiine... only cause I respect you Leon"

Leon heads into the sewer first with Jonah and Ada following after they glare at each other, the 3 travel though the sewers for a bit and even come across a zombie crocodile that Jonah stabs through the head with his Tactical Shovel. 

Jonah: "OH YEAH! feels good"

After more traveling through the tunnel and sewer system they find an elevator that takes them down as they arrive in a new area and come across a blonde woman looking at a dead body, they all take their guns out and aim at her. 

Leon: "Identify yourself" 

Ada: "...Annette Birkin"

Jonah: "She's who we're looking for?"

Ada steps closer to Annette 

Ada: "We're here for the G-Virus"

Annette: "...heh, that's not gonna happen"

Ada: "I'm warning you doctor" 

Annette: "Oh yeah?"

She lights the dead body on fire and runs as they chase after her, as they turn the corner Annette takes out a gun and open fires at them

Leon: "ADA!"

Leon jumps in front of Ada and gets hit by some of the bullets as Annette keeps fleeing with Ada and Jonah shooting at her. 

Jonah: "LEON!"

Annette: "You'll never get the G-Virus!"

Annette gets behind a metal door that closes and escapes, Jonah checks Leon and thankfully his vital spots were protected by his vest but he still got hit in some places. 

Ada: "Didn't expect that from a scientist"

She takes off her sun glasses moves over to also check on Leon

Leon: "Forget about me... just go, stop her before she gets away"

Jonah gets some medical spray out and helps tend to Leon's wounds as Ada bandages Leon's arm and takes off her coat to drape it over him, her red dress she wore could now be seen. 

Jonah: *in his head* "I still don't really like her...but damn...she looks amazing" 

Ada lets someone on a walkie talky know that she found Annette and is going after her

Jonah: "So what now?" 

Ada: "you stay with Leon until he wakes up, I'll go after Annette"

Jonah: "on your own? who knows what's down here"

Ada: "I can handle myself boy"

Jonah: "Boy?-fine! go on and die for all I care, just cause your hot doesn't mean zombies won't try to eat you"

Ada: "...was that last part a compliment?" 

Jonah's face gets a bit red

Jonah: "Shut up and go, you better catch her or me and Leon will have to pick up the slack"

Ada actually chuckles and leaves

*time skip* 

Leon finally wakes up and looks around 

Jonah: "Wake the **** up Samurai, we got a city to burn"

Leon: "Where's Ada?"

Jonah: "Helped bandage your arm and left while I stayed behind to make sure no zombies tried to snack on you"

He helps him up as they both get going to find Ada

Jonah: "...I wonder how Claire is doing?"

Leon: "Hopefully she's still ok"

Jonah: "She's a tough one, I feel like she can manage hopefully"  

They travel farther into the place and after fighting off some fleshy abominations and more undead they come across Mr X walking at them once more. 

Jonah: "How many times do we got to teach you this lesson Tyrant?!"

Leon and Jonah are able to use team work to incapacitate Mr X as they quickly leave and loose him before he gets up. Along the way they turn a corner and Jonah gets tackled by Zoey who has also shown back up once again. 

Zoey: "Sugar!"

Jonah: "Get off-Sugar?!"

Leon shoots Zoey off Jonah as they both point their guns at her 

Leon: "...She's one of those things...but she can talk?"

Jonah: "She's a unique case I encountered back at the police station, she's intelligent... but still wants to eat me" 

Zoey: "You taste so good Sugar"

Jonah: "Stop calling me that please"

Zoey: "But that's what you taste like!"

Leon: "So...what do we do?"

Jonah: "Zoey listen, right now it's a 2v1 so you can't beat us, just leave please" 

Zoey: "But I'm so hungryyyyy" 

Leon: "...what if we feed her something?"

Jonah: "What are we gonna-wait! Zoey! what if we got an alternative food for you?"

Zoey: "....go on"

Jonah and Leon lead her to some recently dead bodies they passed by as she munches on them

Leon: "...sooo?"

Zoey finishes eating some meat from them and gets back up and wipes her mouth on her dress

Zoey: "That was good....still not as tasty as you Jonah, but I feel better for now"

Jonah: "...well we're gonna be off now-"

Zoey: "Can I come with?"

Jonah: "Hell-"

Leon: "Sure"

Jonah gives Leon a look

Jonah: "What?!"

Leon: "having something like her on our side could be useful" 

Jonah: "She wants to eat me though!"

Zoey: "I do...but I promise as long as I'm fed I won't try to eat you Sugar, no matter how sweet you are"

Jonah's face gets a tad red at that as he turns to Leon

Jonah: "you sure?"

Leon: "We just got to keep her fed right? she doesn't seem evil or anything"

Jonah sighs and takes Leon's combat knife for a bit as he goes over to some of the dead to collect a little more of their...meat, for later as he puts the stuff in his inventory. He then hands Leon back his knife. 

Jonah: "I hated doing that just so you know"

Leon: "Maybe we can either find an alternative for her or cure eventually? it's only for now"

Jonah sighs and turns back to Zoey who's smiling like she's an innocent girl  

Jonah: "Ok Zoey, you may come as long as you don't bite me, Ok?"

Zoey: "Ok! thanks Sugar!"

She hugs Jonah as he tenses up and grumbles a bit 

Jonah: "Out of all the things I excepted in the apocalypse... this wasn't one of them" 

Now with Zoey accompanying them and her hunger satiated for now the 3 continue looking for Ada as they traverse this place. 

*To be Continued* 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoey tracking down Jonah as she sings: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 577 11
You are a 20 year old that loves adventures and dangerous things but once raccoon city was crawling with zombies you thought you were dead till a man...
3.4K 83 12
(Y/N L/N) was just a girl living in a run down apartment with her boyfriend, trying to make a living for herself. She was a troublemaker, know by the...
463 28 14
In case you are wondering yes this is my second try at this story. Now the story takes place in Resident Evil's movie universe which I know some don...
8.2K 346 26
❝𝘓𝘦𝘰𝘯... 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘦𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪...