I Need You (Five Hargreeves x...

By booklover_975

"I need you, Five Hargreeves. Even though the world is ending. The moon is probably going to explode or the s... More

Author's note
Cast
Playlist ﮩـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ
Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
The Umbrella Academy: Act 2 [1963]
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 10

80 2 1
By booklover_975

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

"Mom, Hazel and Cha-Cha and The Break- In"

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾。‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾。

Luther was now showing them the video. 

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?", Vanya asked. 

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore", Luther said. 

"S-stop... Stop calling her that. Its mom", Y/n said as Diego sighed. He knew what she was talking about. 

"If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report", Diego said. 

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes", Luther said. 

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision... Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone", Diego pointed out. "Oh, yeah!", Klaus said. 

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was... taking it. To clean it", Diego said. 

"Then where is it?... No, I've searched the house, including her things. She doesn't have it. She doesn't have it", Luther said. 

"That's because I took it from her... After the funeral", Diego confessed. 

"You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?", Allison said. 

"Give it to me", Luther commanded. "I threw it away", Diego said. "You what?", Luther asked. 

"You know... Diego is being sensible here. He probably threw it away for this exact reason", Y/n said. 

"Exactly.. Look, I knew that if you found it on Mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now", Diego explained. 

"Diego, you son of a bitch", Luther was about to launch onto Diego but Vanya stopped him. "Hey. No. Calm down", she said. 

Y/n looked around. It was a chaotic family. Even more so than she left. At this point, she was regretting leaving Five. She knew she was uncomfortable with people and without Five there, it was worst. However, it was about Grace and she was important to her.

Vanya's voice brought her back to the conversation. 

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy", Vanya said. "Well, if her hardware is degrading, then-", Luther was cut off. 

"I know where this is going... You need to watch it. You can't talk about her like that", Y/n said.

 "We need to turn her off", Luther said. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet", Diego said losing his temper. 

"She feels things! I've seen it!", Diego said. 

"Why can't you understand a s-simple thing? She was happy to see me! She missed me", Y/n said. 

"And Y/n is literally the only one of us who was grown up with mom since she was a baby", Diego said. 

"She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die", Luther said. 

"I'm with Luther", Allison said. "Surprise, surprise", Diego said. "Shut up", Allison said as all of them looked towards Vanya. 

"I... I don't-", Vanya was cut off. "Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote", Diego said. 

"I was gonna say that I agree with you", Vanya said in disbelief. 

"Okay. She should get a vote... What about you, stoner boy? What do you got?", Diego asked. 

"Oh, so, what? You need my help now? Oh, "Get out of the van, Klaus!", "Well, welcome back to the van", Klaus said. "What van?", Allison asked.

"What's it gonna be, Klaus?", Luther asked. 

"I'm with Diego, because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me", Klaus said. 

"So that's four to two", Diego said. "Y/n doesn't get a vote", Luther said. 

"What do you mean?", Diego asked. "She isn't even a Hargreeves", Luther said. 

"Luther... that's not fair", Y/n slowly spoke up. "It is only fair", Luther said. 

"I... I grew up here even if it was just for eight years... and that makes me just as Hargreeves as any of you. But if that is not enough for you... I am married to Five. And... even if you don't take my vote... Diego is right... It is three to two", Y/n said. 

"Vote's not final yet", Allison said. "What?", Diego asked. 

"Five's not here. The whole family has to vote. We owe each other that", Allison said. 

"I know what Five would say", Y/n said. "We can't take your word, Y/n... You are biased right now", Allison said. 

"No, we should wait", Vanya said as all of them walked away. 

Y/n looked back to see Grace standing there. "Hey. How long you been here?", Diego asked holding her arm. 

"You all seem upset. I'll make cookies", Grace said. "Mom", Y/n held her back. "Yes", she said. 

"Are you okay?", she asked. "Of course I am fine. I will make cookies", she walked away. 

"Do you ever wonder... All those moments with Mom, the things she said. Like, was it her, or was it really Dad?", Vanya asked. 

"What are you talking about?", Diego asked. 

"Well, he built her. And he programmed her to be a mom, to be our mom. Sometimes when I look at her, I just see him", Vanya said. 

"Maybe that was true at first", Diego said. "But she is not the same person dad made her to be", Y/n mumbled. 

"She is right. She evolved", Diego said. "Well, how do you both know?", Vanya asked. 

"Vanya... Do you think dad... I don't know... really ever care about us?", Y/n asked. 

"You are right again... Because Dad only loved himself".

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

"Can I help you, mom?", Y/n asked entering the kitchen. 

"No dear. You should go rest. Take some sleep", Grace said preparing the batter for the cookies.

 "It's afternoon", Y/n said. "Then you take a nap", she said. "I am okay", Y/n said. "I am glad to hear that", she said. 

"But... Mom did you hear any of that conversation? Everything that Luther was saying?", Y/n asked. 

"I don't know what you are talking about", Grace said. 

"Mom... Did you miss me?", Y/n asked. "Of course I missed you. The most", she smiled. 

"W-what would you do... if I was to leave again...", Y/n asked as Grace just kept looking at her. 

"You would feel something, mom. After all those years", Y/n said. 

"I feel love for my children", she smiled as Y/n saw Diego standing at the door and as soon as she looked at him he left and Grace also walked out.

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

Night had fallen and Y/n was pacing around waiting for Five. She had no way to contact him for now. The Academy seemed really quiet like everyone was in their own rooms doing their own thing. 

She was passing through the lobby when she heard Diego shouting. 

"Do you hear me? Stop trying to defend him! Mom, you gotta feel something", he said holding her shoulders as Y/n walked closer to them. 

"Look, he treated you worse than anyone. You worked for him for 30 years. He didn't even give you a room to sleep in", Diego said. 

"But I've got such beautiful views here", Grace said. 

"Mom... It is not a real view... These are just paintings and nothing more", Y/n said placed a hand on her shoulder.  "Of course they are", she said making Diego sigh. 

"What a wonderful world she lives in. Sometimes I wonder if she's lonely", Grace said as Diego just looked down in disappointment and started waling away. 

"Diego!", Y/n followed him out as he stopped. "What?", he snapped. 

"Something might be wrong with her... But mom didn't kill him, Diego. You need to trust me on this. Please", Y/n said. 

"I am not the one you need to convince", he said. "You... you got over your stutter", Y/n said. "So did you", he said. 

"I tend to get nervous often... especially without Five", Y/n said. "I can see that", he said as she followed his gaze to her fidgeting fingers. 

"Diego... Are you okay?", Y/n asked. "You don't need to be concerned for me", he said. 

"Diego... Why do you keep pushing people away?", she asked. 

"You don't know me anymore, Y/n. You were just eight when you left. Things changed drastically", he said. 

"You s-still love mom the same... You can't a-always push those people away who care for you", Y/n said. 

"I am a lone wolf, Y/n. I work alone", he said. 

"Working alone and being alone are two different things. I am not asking you to work with me or something. I just want you to know that if something happens... I can keep secrets. You can talk to me. Especially if it comes to mom", she said. 

"Thanks but like I said... I don't need to talk", he said. "F-fine", she said as she started walking back in and he followed. 

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

Just as they reached near the stair case, Diego stopped walking as Y/n looked at him puzzled. 

"What happened?", she asked as he heard the gun loading sound. 

She looked up two see two people... holding guns... with creepy cartoon masks on their faces. 

"Get down!", Diego pulled her along as they started shooting at the pair. Diego dragged her into a room as Y/n looked around shocked. 

"Who are they?", Y/n asked. "How the hell would I know?", he asked throwing knives towards them. 

"Don't get out of the room", he said. "B-but-", she was cut off by Diego running out and the gun fires just intensified. 

She suddenly saw on the masked figures coming towards the room so she ran down only to meet up with the other masked person who was shooting as well. 

She quickly hid behind the couch and Diego looked at her sighing. 

"I told you not to get out of the damn room!", he said. 

"I am sorry but they were going to kill me there. What else was I supposed to do?", Y/n asked covering her ears as the gun shots were not stopping any time soon. 

"Just... get to safety", he said as Allison and Luther joined them. 

As much as Y/n tried staying out of action, one of them, the woman, Cha Cha got her and threw her off to the floor making her head hit a table as she slowly passed out.

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

Word count: 1710

📧: (Author's message) Long Chapter. Quick question: Do you think Y/n has any powers?

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾。‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 2.4K 21
𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒐𝒊𝒂 ━━ (n.) a pure and well-balanced mind, ❛ beautiful thinking ❜ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 ━ 1963, five hargreeves travels back...
114K 1.8K 35
(Number Five x Female OC) Highest Rankings: #1 #numbereight #1 #numberfive #1 #benhargreeves #1 #aidangallagher #1 #allisonhargreeves After one of...
23K 913 25
Charlotte Cafferty, finally done with a decades long hiatus, has accidentally settled in the very middle of a crisis. Though she's not exactly a stra...
10.5K 267 46
"Meeting you was a choice, becoming your friend and gain your trust was my mission, but falling in love with you, was beyond my control" Every missio...