Whispers of the Wind (Yoonmin)

By WhitePetal_015

Park Jimin is a single omega who is raising his children away from his hunting past. Even though he wanted to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

35 4 3
By WhitePetal_015

When he stepped out of the elevator, Jimin was very tired from the events of the day. He just wanted to go home and get a hug from his lovely pups and cute brother. He so badly wanted to be enveloped in familiar, comforting scents. He had been walking toward the exit in absent mind listening to Kyung's fun story about a weird client when he heard that voice.

"Mr. Jeon."

It was the last thing he wanted to hear that day.

And he wasn't ready to face him.

But of course, luck never seemed to be on his side.

Both Jimin and Kyung stopped hearing that voice. Jimin was sure his friend could sense his uneasiness because Kyung shifted close to him.

And before he could see, he could smell him.

The strong wave of fresh rain hit, catching him off guard.

He wasn't ready for this. It had been five years since he had smelled that smell. Oh, how much he had missed it. He closed his eyes for a moment to gather himself before facing a certain alpha.

"How can I help you."

His voice was surprisingly steady. The years of emotion and scent control must be paying off. But how much he tried to control himself his inner omega was a mess. Running around in cycles with newfound happiness due to the presence of its mate.

There in front of him stood full of his glory, the Min Yoongi.

He hadn't changed much for the past five years. There was his cold stone face and calculating feline eyes. His jet-black hair, neatly styled, framed his pale face. His sharp, almond-shaped eyes were a deep brown, and they bore a gaze that could pierce through the thickest of walls. His cat-like features were prominent. Jimin always thought they were more like a panther rather than a cat with his fierce personality. Whatever, here the alpha whom he had been desperately trying to avoid now standing in front of him.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

Yoongi asked again.

Jimin wanted to say no. He had plenty of excuses to give. But he knew he should clear things before this vacation. Otherwise, things were going to be awkward between them. And he didn't want others to get uncomfortable because of him. More especially he didn't want to let his younger brother find out the history between them. He refused to cause conflict between the two band members.

"You are Min Yoongi, aren't?"

Fortunately, Kyung broke the silence since Jimin was taking his time to answer.

"Yes, and you?"

Yoongi asked in his usual monotone voice, calculating the other alpha.

"I'm Lee Kyung, Jimin's personal lawyer and best friend."

Jimin could see Yoongi had recognized his best friend. After all, they were both from the same elite class. Yoongi was the second heir of the richest Min Empire, and Lee Kyung was the owner of the richest low firm. And Jimin wasn't sure where he would fit in.

"Nice to meet you." Yoongi at least tried to be polite. "I'm sorry, but do you mind if I ask your friend for coffee."

Lee Kyung didn't know why this alpha wanted to have a sudden coffee with his friend. But he could see there was something between them clearly. He eyed Jimin to figure out if he was okay to be alone with this alpha.

"I can give you a few minutes."

Jimin finally answered throwing a glance at his friend to say it was okay.

"So do I need to wait for you Mini?"

Lee Kyung asked, sending a warning glance to the other alpha like he used to do when any other alpha tried to hit on him in university days. But this was Min Yoongi. He didn't seem affected much as he held Kyung's stare.

"It's okay. You can go back first." Jimin finally broke the tension between the two alphas. He didn't want to attract any attention from others. "You have been busy since morning."

"You also had been busy since morning."

Kyung pointed stubbornly. But the glance Jimin sent him enough to not mend into this.

"Okay tell pups their favorite uncle missing them." Kyung sent a final warning glance at a certain grumpy alpha. "And I will visit them soon."

"It's Kookie's title. Now go!" Jimin pushed his nosy best friend away.

"We will see it."

Before leaving Kyung sent a glance to his friend saying, 'I need all the juicy details later.'

"Where do you want to go Min-shi."

After his friend disappeared from his sight, Jimin paid attention to the other alpha in front of him.

"Is it okay to go to my studio?" Alpha asked politely. "I don't want others to hear the conversation."

"I'm okay with that."

Jimin agreed because he also didn't want to take the risk of eavesdroppers.

So, Yoongi led him to another elevator that led to his studio. Yoongi's studio, Genius Lab, was located on the 15th floor, along with several other studios. By looking at the nameplates on closed doors Jimin recognized some familiar ones. Kim Namjoon, the leader of BTS, and Jhope the main dancer and rapper of BTS.

It was too late when he figured out, he had chosen the wrong location. Entering Yoongi's studio was a really bad idea. Everywhere was strongly smelled like alpha. It was like walking into a fresh forest just after a heavy rain with tones of wet soil and crushed leaves. His omega immediately started to purr in his mind, and he had to pay extra attention to control his omega.

"What do you like to drink?" Yoongi asked opening the mini fridge at the corner. "Beer? Coffee? Soju? Coke?"

"Coke."

Jimin had to drive back, and he needed to be in the right state of mind to deal with this alpha. while Yoongi took out drinks he observed around the studio. It was pretty specious and equipped with the latest technology. The black theme in the studio perfectly showed off the owner's character. There was a comfortable black sofa set in the living room area with two armchairs surrounding a short coffee table which was now filled with papers, notebooks, and pens. There were some empty packets of various snacks and empty bottles and cans of soft drinks indicating the owner was partially living here. It was obvious Yoongi had been trying to write some songs, but his current state of mind was not letting him.

"Here." Yoongi handed him a can of coke and tried to clear some of his mess. "Take a seat."

Jimin sat on one of the armchairs avoiding the sofa where the fresh rain was strongest since Yoongi had been sleeping there. Yoongi sat on another armchair facing Jimin.

For a moment no one says a word. There was an awkward silence as they both stared at each other.

Even though he had invited the other, Yoongi didn't know what to say. After all, it had been five years since he had last seen omega. Yes, he had seen omega in various news articles, but how could it be compared with meeting with him personally. Jimin seemed to gain more beauty. His hair had grown long, and his jawline had become sharp. He was no longer deathly pale or skinny. Instead, he had a healthy glow around him, and he had gained some healthy weight. His pump lips and long lashes are still deathly for him. and there was that alluring scent. He wanted to say he had forgotten about it. But truthfully, it had never gone away from his mind. Those irresistible rose fragrances were something that could follow his grave.

He could understand why his alpha had been edged when he saw Jimin with another alpha earlier. Jimin's beauty was something he couldn't describe with words, and there were always lots of eyes on him. Not only from alphas and beats. There were even omegas who had eyes on him. It put his inner alpha on edge. He didn't want to admit that ugly feeling was jealousy, because he tried to still say to himself that he didn't care whether this omega was his fated mate or not.

"How have you been?"

Yoongi finally broke the silence. He was always not good at talking. But he knew this time he should lead the conversation.

"I'm good." Jimin's answer was short. He was tired, and he didn't need this sweet talk.

"Hey, I know you don't want to do anything with me." Yoongi finally started gathering some confidence. "But since we are going to spend two weeks together, how about getting along? Otherwise, others will find out there is something."

"I think for the first time we both agree on the same thing." Jimin commented sarcastically. "And you are right. I don't want Kookie to find out."

Yoongi also didn't want to let the younger find out what had happened, because if he did, he knew the younger wasn't going to see him the same anymore. In the worst-case scenario, the younger might have lost all respect for him. He didn't want to let that happen. He took a deep breath.

"Look, what happened is past now." Yoongi said bluntly. "And it was not entirely my fault."

Jimin pressed his lips to stop himself before commenting on something that he was going to regard. He didn't want to start a fight now.

"I don't care whose fault that was." Jimin declared. "Anyway, there was nothing between us. So, let's try to be friends or not get in each other's way."

"Okay. I'm not going to bother with your work. So, you also don't. Let's go on separate ways."

"I know.

Then there was another awkward silence between them. Jimin opened his coke and gulped down half for once, trying to cool down himself. It hadn't been even more than ten minutes. But he felt like this small meeting had drained him more than an exhausting meeting did today.

"Is that all? Then I will leave."

Jimin finally said, couldn't take silence anymore.

Yoongi didn't reply. He wanted to say more. But he really didn't know how. Curse his zero communication skills.

Jimin's patience was also running out. Since the grumpy alpha didn't say any more he got up to leave.

"Wait." It finally gave alpha some push. "Is Litian mine?"

He finally let out what had been tormenting him for years.

Jimin's fingers tighten around the can in a dead grip. His facial muscles were rigid.

"No."

He replied through gritted teeth.

But both alpha and omega knew it was a blunt lie. The date of Litian's birth and their accident as they were out perfectly matched. Who were they trying to fool?

"Jimin... I..."

Alpha started. But this time, omega couldn't take it anymore.

"Litian is my child." Jimin said, firmly looking into Alpha's eyes. "I don't care who her father is. It doesn't matter anymore."

"How do you say it doesn't matter?" Yoongi wanted to shout in frustration. "She is clearly my child. We both know it."

"So what?" Omega asked in a challenging way. "I've been with her whole life. You didn't do anything for her."

"It was because you didn't bother to say anything about her."

"What are you going to do if I tell you about her?" Jimin also raised his voice. It was a good thing that the music studios were soundproof.

Alpha didn't have an answer. Honestly, he didn't know.

"Raise her with me." Omega continued. "Support her? Risk your carrier? Destroy all your plans? Go against your family."

Still, Alpha didn't have an answer.

"Don't kid with me, Min Yoongi! I know who you are. You would have simply tried to force me to abort her. You are not going to take a slight risk of destroying your career. I'm still surprised you didn't try to do anything."

Yoongi was horrified by omega's words. They completely left him speechless. But he knew Jimin was right. He was at the peak of his career at that time. He was not going to let anything destroy all his hard work. In the first place, there were the reasons why they fought. It had not escaped his mind. Which now came around and bit himself.

"But still, you cannot change the fact that she is my daughter."

Yoongi repeated the same, as it would give a solution for all his problems.

"So, what do you want to do?" Jimin finally composed himself. He felt more tired after the adrenaline rush let out of him. He wanted to finish this conversation as soon as possible. "Do you want to try co-parenting?"

Yoongi wanted to say yes. But then he remembered the risks it would take.

Jimin seemed to expect this reaction.

"You don't want to risk your career." He voiced exactly what was going on in alpha's mind. He was always a good reader.

"Can I at least get to know her?" Yoongi asked so desperately. "At least spend some time together."

Jimin stared at the alpha in front of him. He wanted to refuse alpha's request so badly. He didn't want to maintain any connection with him. He had hurt him so badly in the past, and he refused to get more hurt. But who was he to not allow me to meet my father and daughter?

Even though he did not care what Yoongi was feeling, he cared about his daughter. He knew exactly what it was like to grow up without the affection of a father. But now Yoongi seemed willing to at least try, so he didn't want to take away Litian's chance.

"Are you really wanting to spend time with her?"

Yoongi's eyes lit with hope after hearing the positive tone of another man. He thought he would refuse, and at worst, they would not interact with each other.

"Yes, I want to get familiar with her and know about her." Yoongi answered immediately. He didn't know he could be her father. But at least he could try to become someone familiar to her.

"I don't care what you put me through in the past. But I'm not going to take any shit when it comes to my children. So, Min Yoongi, listen to me carefully," Jimin started firmly. If he was going to give Yoongi a chance, he needed to state things firmly. "If you are going to be part of her life, you should understand you cannot back off in the middle. She might sense something about you and attach to you. So, if you decide to leave after feeling fed up, I don't want to hurt her. So, think well before you simply say you want to be with her."

Jimin's warning crawled deeply into alpha. But what the younger man said was right. He didn't want to hurt that little girl either. Yoongi had thought about this for some time. This time he wanted to give some chance to this instead of running off.

"I already thought this over. I want to be a part of her life."

Yoongi repeated his decision firmly.

Jimin stared at the alpha in front of him for a moment. Yoongi hadn't changed much in the past few years. Same pale skin with cat-like features. Dangling earrings, rosy lips, and the proud aura that he carried himself. And there was that stupid shine in his eyes. But this time not because of music. He stupidly wanted to believe it was because of Litian. And he saw the determination in his eyes. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to give him a chance.

"Okay." Jimin finally gave in. "Let's see how you are with her on this vacation. If you two are going alone and if you still want to take a part of her life, we can arrange something."

Yoongi finally released the breath he didn't even know he was holding. Actually, it was a miracle that Jimin agreed to this. He honestly thought he would ask him to back off. If he asked, he didn't know what to do. Actually, Jimin had every right to do that. Especially with all the stupid things he had done in the past.

"Thank you, Jimin." Yoongi expressed his gratitude. "I will try my best not to screw this up."

"You better." Jimin warned. "I don't want to see my girl hurting."

Yoongi nodded, agreeing. He also didn't want to hurt her. His alpha winced even though he thought of hurting his pup.

There was silence in the room as they both didn't say anything at all. Alpha seemed to be in some thoughts, and Jimin also didn't know what to say. It had been years since they had met privately. And their last encounter wasn't very pleasant. It was the last thing Jimin wanted to recall now.

"So, if there isn't anything, I'm going." Jimin finally broke the silence by standing up.

Yoongi stood up with him. It was like, he wanted to say something. But he didn't say anything. He wanted to clear up some air about their past. Maybe this wasn't a good time. So, he let omega say goodbye.

"See you on vacation."

It was the last thing Jimin said before going out of the producer's studio. He could see the last rays of sunlight coming from the outside of the glass wall. It was a beautiful sight to see the setting sun on this high. The last rays wrapped the two lone figures, who stayed in the corridor.

Maybe it was time for Jimin to let go of the past and start over. A setting sun promised a new sunrise around the horizon. Maybe this wasn't that bad. Maybe life would treat him kindly at this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 2.6K 19
SUMMARY: "He's the one who drugged Mr. Jeon." she spat accusing him. "Believe me I didn't do anything! She's lying to all of you!" Jimin tried his be...
206K 14.1K 49
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "You know he didn't even know that people cry when h...
13K 702 97
Jimin, a single dad, has to fight his fears and insecurities to find his only remaining family, to be a good parent to his son, and to find love. "Pe...
32K 1.2K 43
Kim Taehyung, an alpha, is known around his school as the true-blooded alpha that no one messes with but everyone wants, his parents were killed by a...