incandescent. 𝖆𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖗: �...

By gabiwrld

⁀➷ ⋆˚₊ [💧] ˚* · ° ◌ ❝writing a slow burn is quite literally going to kill me,❞ 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍, fire and wat... More

incandescent
prologue
book I
chapter¹
chapter²
chapter³
chapter⁴
chapter⁵
chapter⁶
chapter⁷
chapter⁸
chapter⁹
chapter¹¹
chapter¹²
chapter¹³
chapter¹⁴
chapter¹⁵
chapter¹⁶
chapter¹⁷
chapter¹⁸
chapter¹⁹

chapter¹⁰

372 19 73
By gabiwrld

jet isn't a good guy, but he's hot

warning: argument, yelling

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:37 AM. OMASHU

"the avatar has returned," teo says, looking at aang in awe. "my mother told me stories of the avatar and how he'd return one day. dad, do you remember her stories?"

"what i remember is that your mother was taken from us by this cursed war and everything we had to do to stay alive since then. we worked hard and we kept our heads down," sai says, rolling his shoulders as his hands are perched on the desk. 

the gaang start to feel uncomfortable, knowing this is a family conversation. it's not for their ears. 

"that's not how we'll change the world,"

"but it is how we'll survive," sai says, sticking with his opinion. 

"you pretend like you don't care of what's going on out there," teo starts. "but i know you hate the fire nation as much as i do. why else would you build all this if not to help our army?" sai looks away, tying to hide the betrayal on his face. "like this," teo says, picking up a small toy airship. 

"that's just an experiment," sai mutters, taking it off his son's hands. "i can't even get the damn thing to work,"

"look," aang starts as y/n watches katara start to waterbend. "i'm not here to cause any trouble. all i want is to help," she does the same moves as her sister, katara smiling. 

"i know how," teo says, manoeuvring his wheelchair over to the map. "i have a hunch about where the bombers might be gathering. it's high upon the mountain. can't really reach there by myself, but with your airbending..." he points to the map, aang look at it intently. "just there. the strongest updrafts are in the morning, so we should fly then,"

"what, tomorrow?" sai asks. "no, teo, you're supposed to help me with the airship. i still need to fix the attitude control before i show it to the generals,"

"i can help with that," sokka speaks up. 

"i can also help," y/n says, looking back at the boys. "i might know nothing about this stuff, but there's no harm, right?"

💧

y/n practices her waterbending as sokka and sai work on the airship. 

"and if you add plates here, and a vent here," sokka says, pointing at the model airship. "all you need to do is install a bleed valve to regulate pressure,"

and y/n also has no idea in what is going on. so she's waterbending and looking pretty. 

"and you're saying you implemented this with water based transportation?" 

"well, no, it's just an idea i had to make our ice-dodging ships more manoeuvrable," sokka says to sai. 

"oh," sai says, taking a glance at y/n. who pretends she isn't listening, but she really is. "very clever. your father must be proud of you,"

y/n winces, almost dropping the water she's bending. why would he say that?

"yeah um," sokka nods, looking back at the airship model. "dad doesn't really pay attention to stuff like this. he's got more important things to worry about. he's a warrior,"

"the world is filled with warriors," sai says. "but there are far too few great engineers,"

"engineer?" sokka questions, looking over at y/n. she's definitely listening, he knows that. she nods at him. "no, this is just a hobby,"

"sokka..."

"my, uh...role is to protect the village and be a warrior, just like dad,"

"protecting the ones we love is important," sai starts, looking at sokka. "but i also know we must pursue the talents that we've been given," sokka looks at sai, looking down. 

"sokka, you're a gifted engineer,"

"he's right," y/n says, walking over to her brother. 

"i thought you weren't listening?" sokka says, smugly. 

"of course i was, boomerang boy," y/n says, putting her arm around him, her freckles glistening in the lighting of the sun from the cracks in the blinds. "but you are a gifted engineer. i may know nothing about this stuff, but you're good at it,"

"your sister is right," sai says. "it's not always easy to find your path in life, but when you find it, you must embrace it,"

and that's what they both will do.

💧

"do you think it's going to work?" sokka asks his sister. y/n holds the white paper bird in her hands, nodding. 

"y/n! sokka!" aang says, waddling through the door, holding a tub of green jelly and a blanket. 

"aang," sokka smiles. "check this out," sokka throws the bird, y/n looking at it in awe. it flies around the room, landing somewhere safely. 

"where's katara?" aang asks the siblings. 

"oh..." y/n says, bringing her finger to her lips. "i haven't seen her all day. i thought she'd be back by now," what kind of sister is she? not knowing where katara is?

"we've, mostly me, were helping sai with his airship model," sokka says, looking at aang. "he just left to show it to the generals at the palace. why? what is it?"

"teo and i found where the bombers have been getting their explosives," aang says, putting the tub on the table. "they're making blasting jelly in a cave up on the mountain,"

"blasting jelly?" y/n and sokka say at the same time, slightly weirding out aang. 

"that's not all. we found these," aang puts some thick cloths on the table. "the robes from the turnip cart,"

"so, it wasn't the firebenders behind the explosion? it was-" y/n starts but katara walks into the room, stating her own opinion. 

"you're not going to believe this," she says. "i know who's behind the bombings," y/n, aang and sokka look at each other as katara stands there confused. "what?" 

💧

"no, jet's not the bad guy. sai is," katara says to sokka. they have discussed their opinions. and let's just say, it's not going so well. 

"sai has done nothing but help us. jet's a con artist who lied to our faces!" sokka exclaims. 

"he didn't lie!"

"katara..." y/n starts. "he didn't exactly tell the truth," aang nods, agreeing with y/n's opinion. 

"because he couldn't!" katara shouts. "he's fighting the firebenders, and he has to protect himself! you don't know what he's already lost. besides, i saw sai talking to the firebender, he's the traitor,"

"you don't know what you saw!" sokka exclaims. "for all we know, sai could be working with the king's men to root out spies. he's headed to the palace right now. he could be reporting everything!"

"you're wrong!"

"this is just like you, katara! willing to believe anything as long as it helps you!"

"and this is just like you! never believing anything i say!" 

"stop it!" y/n yells, the room temperature going extremely lower. aang shivers, a cold breath vapour coming from his mouth. "you are yelling at each other again! we have different opinions yes, but doesn't mean you get to say mean things every time you guys have a disagreement!"

sokka and katara look at each other, before looking down. the girl huffs, walking away. 

"where are you going now?" sokka asks. 

"to prove you're a jerk!" katara says, opening the door and slamming it behind her. 

"oh yeah? well, i don't need proof of that!"

"oh my gosh, sokka," y/n groans, dragging her hands down her face. "and, now she's gone again,"

💧

"you were right," katara says, coming back into the room after jet had basically revealed to her that he's willing to kill innocent people. "shut up and gloat later. right now, we need to stop sai. jet's planted a bomb on him,"

y/n, sokka and aang look at each other in shock, scrambling to get up from the chairs. 

"what's the fastest way to the palace?" sokka asks as the quartet exit the house. 

"it's at the highest point in the city, so we need to-" a burst of flames stops them at their feet. 

y/n looks up, seeing the three firebenders that seem to always be there. prince zuko, an old man and a that annoying one that cut her hair. 

keahin looks at y/n, realising how pretty her hair looks. and he's the one that messed it up. who gave her the ribbon? and is that a bracelet? she didn't have that before?

"these guys? again?"

"go. get to the palace and stop sai," aang says to the water tribe siblings. "this is my fight,"

"are you sure?" y/n says, putting a motherly hand on his shoulder. aang nods, making y/n smile at him encouraging and nod at him. "let's go," she says to her siblings, the two following her. 

💧

the water tribe siblings try to manoeuvre themselves, through the market place. it's really busy. lunch time rush, i guess.

"watch out!"

"excuse me!"

they stop, a cart in front of them moving way too slow. sokka looks up, seeing the delivery system of the omashu. it's a long wall, with a gap through to allow things to run up and down it. and it goes all the way to the top.

"i have an idea," sokka says, getting both of his sister's hands. "come on,"

💧

"oh my gosh," y/n mutters as she's sitting at the front, katara in the middle and sokka at the end. what are they sitting in? a box, which is racing on top the wall.

"sai said all routes lead to the palace," sokka states. "we just have to take this one to end of the line,"

"uh..." y/n starts as katara look over her sister's shoulder. and it's not as hard now, she doesn't have as much hair as she had before.

"the end of the line may be coming soon," katara says, alerting sokka. the water tribe male looks around, seeing their be another trail beneath them.

"ready?" he asks, his sisters looking below them. y/n takes a deep breath, rising. "three, two, one!" they all jump down, landing roughly but safely. y/n sighs out in relief, before looking around.

the palace, here they come.

💧

they make it to the palace, katara arriving first. she watches as teo and sai are getting closer and closer to the king. sai has a bag in his hands. that has to be where the bomb is.

she looks up, seeing longshot in the trees. a flame on his arrow head.

"oh no," katara mutters, bending a large amount of water towards the arrow as longshot releases it. it puts out the fire, dampening the arrow as it pierces the box.

"protect the king!"

y/n looks at katara in awe as sokka sigh out in relief. y/n puts her arm around katara's shoulder, hugging her. katara hugs her sister back, sighing out in relief. she did it. she actually did it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6.5K 49
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞. 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮.❞ ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 �...
208K 6.1K 63
𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝙰𝚒𝚛 𝗔 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗼, 𝗮 𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁, 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 �...
1.7K 94 6
" 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞. 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧. these were constants of life, and yet they were doomed to never meet ━━━ for one could not live...
22.1K 457 40
| zuko {a:tla} 2 the dual bender is long gone the fire prince as well - in which the dual bender has to try and find a way back home after everyone...