Fehmi

By dandyed

Neev Khurana is the most desirable guy in Greenwoods High school but his only priority is to study well and e... More

Characters
*How I imagine the characters*
Titliaan
Mulaqaat
Dukh ki baat
Rishta
Maafi
chupke-chupke
Qurbat
Meri wali
Baarish
irshya
Galat Fehmi
batorna
Moh-Maya
kuch kuch hota hai
hasrat
*author's note - update*

Faasla

100 8 0
By dandyed

*SAMAIRA'S POV*

These two weeks were pure chaos. I didn't expect class 12 to start this way. I was wrong, I decided to fall for someone like him.

"Don't think about him Sam" I told myself. I patted my cheeks and started studying for the upcoming unit tests. My reputation is already tarnished because of those rumours spreading around the grade. I should at least not let this affect my grades.

I started solving questions in my notebook when texts started popping on my phone.

I opened them to see if it was just Gaurika and Saisha fighting in the group chat but to my surprise these texts were from an unknown number.

The profile picture seemed like something Vanshika would have put.

And I was right. It's her. Why does she even want to talk to me. I was going to tap the block button when she sent another message saying "listen Samaira, I don't care if you're popular or not. I am warning you! Don't try to get close to Neev"

Now this... This just pissed me off. I have nothing to do with that guy but this girl will just not shut up.

"I have nothing to do with that guy but it me being popular makes you insecure so I can't do anything about it. Keep thinking whatever you want to." I replied.

I immediately blocked her after this message.

*AT SCHOOL*

NEEV'S POV

She took away so much of my time away from studies. I have to make up for all the lost time now. I started revising economics for school exams and finished two chapters within an hour. We have a few free periods today and I am trying to utilise them to revise for CLAT. I'll solve one mock paper today so that by the end of this week I can solve at least three papers.

I have already done more than half of my work so I decided to go to fill up my water bottle. A junior came running towards me and gave me an envelope with chocolate. Before I could ask anything, he ran away.

I kept my water bottle on top of the water cooler and opened the envelope. There was no name written on it. I started reading the letter and it seemed like a love letter.

I kept it back inside the envelope and threw it in the dustbin because I don't know who sent it and I don't care either.

I went back to my class and searched for my pen inside my bag. I didn't find the pen but I found another letter inside. It was the same handwriting.

I asked Nishant if he saw anyone putting these inside my bag but he refused. This is getting concerning. I kept the letters inside my bag and continued with my work.

*NEXT MORNING*

I entered inside my classroom and kept my bag on my designated bench. I was going to sit when I saw a pile of envelopes on my bench.

All of them were from the same anonymous person. I kept them inside my bag and called Ujjwal and Nishant to talk about this.

"Yaar ye pichle kuch dino se koi mujhe letters bhej raha hai" I said.

[Someone keeps sending me these letters]

"Kaise letters?" Ujjwal asked.

[What kind of letters]

"They seem like love letters but I haven't read all of them" I replied.

"Toh isme hairani ki kya baat hai. Tu acha dikhta hai terko letters aa sakte hain" Nishant said.

[So why are you surprised? You're good looking you can get letters]

"Par achanak se itne saare letters wo bhi roz kon bhej sakta hai" I asked, expressing my doubt.

[But so many letters out of nowhere?]

I have absolute confidence when it comes to my looks but this is a bit concerning.

"Tu chhod hum pata laga lenge" Nishant said.

[Leave it! We'll find it for you]

It's good to have such supportive friends.

I tried to recall all the girls who have ever hit on me but I can't remember any one who would do this.

What if it's a prank? But who would do a prank on me?

After 10 minutes of thinking I realised about my rivalry with that science girl.

"I think I know who this could be" I said.

"Do you think it's a prank?" Ujjwal said.

"Yes. And it might be that Samaira. After what happened two weeks ago, she is definitely trying to pull such a prank and annoy me" I said.

"But she doesn't seem like she'll do something or this sort" Ujjwal said.

"We never know" Nishant said.

I was walking outside the classroom for some fresh air when I saw Samaira giving some papers to the junior who gave me those letters. My suspicion started turning out to be true.

I got back to my seat and read all the letters. They were all about her feelings towards me. As I unfolded the carefully penned letter, my heart quickened with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension. The words on the page danced before my eyes, each sentence seemingly written with delicate precision, conveying emotions I never expected to come from my enemy, Samaira.

"No... These can't be her thoughts" I told myself.

Confusion clouded my thoughts as I read and reread the letter, searching for any indication that it might be a prank or a cruel joke orchestrated by Samaira only.

But amidst the skepticism and disbelief, there was a flicker of something else – a glimmer of hope, perhaps, that dared to entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Samaira's feelings were genuine. The thought both thrilled and terrified me, igniting a whirlwind of conflicting emotions within my chest.

"If these are actually written by her...then why is she fighting with me? This is a prank for sure" I told myself.

I headed to the library to revise my lessons. As I stepped into the library, the soft glow of the reading lamps casting warm pools of light upon the rows of towering bookshelves, I never expected to encounter her there – Samaira.

She was trying to jump and get the books on the highest shelf. She's not a centimetre more than 5'3. How can she possibly reach that shelf?

Without a second thought, I found myself crossing the room towards her, drawn inexplicably by the sight of her struggling.
I stood behind her and directed my hand towards the top shelf to pull out the book she was trying to get.

Suprised my by sudden arrival, she turned around. But I could see the faint blush that stained her cheeks, the sign of embarrassment at being caught in a moment of vulnerability. And in that moment, something shifted between us.

Our hands brushed against each others and samaira quickly retracted her hand. As I turned to offer her the book, our eyes met, and for a fleeting moment, time seemed to stand still. She took the book, pushed me away and walked away from the scene.

As I stood there, face to face with her, every fiber of my being was conflicted. Despite the history of rivalry and tension between us, there was an undeniable chemistry in the air. Her eyes held a vulnerability I hadn't seen before, and for a moment, I was lost in them.

But I quickly shook off the feeling, reminding myself of the animosity that defined our relationship. No matter how intense the moment felt, I refused to acknowledge the stirrings in my heart. Denial was my shield, protecting me from the dangerous path of falling for someone who was supposed to be my enemy and who clearly hates me.

"But the letters...I can match the handwriting!" I thought to myself.

I went and sat right across Samaira. She looked at me with rage in her eyes. She closed her books and started moving to another place. If I follow her, she'll get to know that I have a different motive.

I kept sitting there and completed my lessons.

I was walking right behind her when she was leaving and she suddenly turned around making me almost bump into her.

"Tum kyu peeche peeche aa rahe ho mere" she asked.

[Why are you following me]

"Library mein ek hi gate hai" I replied.

[Library has only one gate]

"Toh aage chalo! Peeche kyu chal rahe ho" she said.

[Then walk in front of me]

"Badi ajeeb ho" I said, realising I shouldn't have said it.

[You're weird]

"Khudki harkate dekho kabhi" she said and walked away, unknowingly flipping her hair.

[Look at your behaviour first]

"haha! cute" I thought to myself.

Cute? What? Get back to your senses Neev. Kuch cute nahi hai usme. Khatarnak would be the right word.

It was the last period. Ms. Fatima finally stopped teaching after the bell rang and we all started packing the bags.

As soon as the second bell rang, everyone ran out of the class as if they had been imprisoned. I walked out with Nishant and Ujjwal by my side.

"Bhai yehi hai na Samaira" Nishant asked.

"Haan..." I said.

  I went back home and sat down on my couch after having lunch.
I studied more than enough in school today so I'll just play chess for sometime now.

I opened chess.com and invited user aria7chess to play with me. They are one of the best players I've played against. I don't know if they're a boy or a girl but by looking at the username it seems like a girl.

They immediately came online and we played a match. I got the black pieces and I played the petrov's defense. The game ended in a draw because aria7chess played exceptionally well today.

I went back to studying for my school exams.

*SAMAIRA'S POV*

It is yet another boring school day. My zero periods have become question solving periods where I solve a bazillion random questions everyday. Well, at least this will help me get a good rank in my entrance exam.

While I was packing all my books, Gajendra Sir entered the class. He's out PE instructor.
"Children! Move out of the class for volleyball match with 12-C. Sarika Madam is busy right now so I am your substitute teacher" He announced. Mr. Gajendra Kumar is our PE teacher. He has had beef with the principal for years yet he's still in the school because the students love him. He's a nice teacher.

We did as he announced. I really don't want to play volleyball today. It's the second day of menstrual cycle. I am so tired.

I walked towards the volleyball court and stood next to the net.

"Bete! You go and stand there in the corner" gajendra sir said.

I stood in the left corner feeling slightly dizzy. But I can handle this. It's not like I'm in PE for the first time. I couldn't have my breakfast today because I was getting late, that's why I am feeling so tired.

No one was hitting the ball in my direction. I was glad that I didn't have to move at all. My head is spinning like I am intoxicated.
Everything feels like it's spinning around me. My head is heavy, and every movement I make sends waves of dizziness through my body. My vision blurs as I struggle to stay upright. Each breath feels like an effort, and I'm afraid I might collapse at any moment. Before I try to raise my hand to ask for going back to the class, the world around me fades in and out of focus, and I can feel the darkness creeping in at the edges of my consciousness. It's a terrifying sensation, feeling so utterly helpless and vulnerable.

My feet are loosing the grip on the ground.

*Thud*

*AUTHOR'S POV*

Everyone started gathering around her trying to figure out what happened to samaira. Saisha and Gaurika immediately came running and pushed everyone behind.

Gajendra sir wasn't in the ground at that moment and Saisha and Gaurika couldn't carry Samaira to the infirmary. Someone from behind the crowd, came running.

Neev's heart raced as he rounded the corner and spotted Samaira on the ground, unconscious. Without a second thought, he rushed to her side.

"Hato! Mujhe le jaane do" He said.

[Let me take her]

"Tum toh rehne hi do" Saisha said stopping him from lifting Samaira up.

[You better not]

"Tumhe apni dost ki zara bhi fiqr nahi ho rahi hai? Ye ladai baad mein dekh Lena" he said.

[Are you not concerned about your friend right now? We can fight later]

His instincts kicking in as he gently lifted her into his arms. She felt limp and fragile, her breathing shallow and uneven. Panic threatened to overwhelm him, but he pushed it aside, focusing on getting her the help she needed. With careful steps, Neev carried Samaira towards the infirmary, his mind racing with worry.

As he reached the infirmary doors, Neev's heart pounded against his chest. He called out for help, and the nurses rushed to his side, their expressions filled with concern as they took in the sight before them. Together, they gently laid Samaira down on a nearby bed, swiftly assessing her condition and administering the care she desperately needed.

Saisha and Gaurika followed them and reached as soon as they entered.

"Thank you." Saisha said, gesturing towards the door, indirectly asking Neev to leave the room.
He immediately left the room.

Nishant who was standing outside the door didn't like this behaviour portrayed by Saisha.

The nurse carried out necessary procedures and Samaira gained back consciousness.

"Tu theek hai?" Saisha and Gaurika asked.

[Are you okay]

"Haan wo bass second day hai periods ka maybe iron deficiency hogi" Samaira said.

[Yes. It's just my second day of periods so I might be iron deficiency]

"Tu kyu khayal nahi rakhti apna. Kya zaroorat thi PE mein Jane ki" Gaurika said.

[Why don't you take care of yourself. Why did you go for PE]

"It's okay. Ab sab sahi hai" Samaira replied.

[Everything is okay now]

The nurse recommended her iron supplements and then she was allowed to go back to the classroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 467 22
Samaira Lakshmi Deshpande is caught between two worlds, two masks. Amidst the hunt for her missing twin and the pressure to fit her family's mold of...
3.4M 134K 73
WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16YEARS OLD SO MAY BE CRINGEY AND TOXIC, YET TO BE EDITED... Rich family. People would think she had it all, but did she actually...
31K 2.2K 15
Sandhiya Malhotra, a budding Ophthalmologist, on the verge of completing her M.D in Opthalmology. She was the most talkative one of the family, exact...
47.8K 5.1K 44
It is not a love at first sight. She likes him. Does he likes her? She has a crush on him. Does he has a crush on her? She loves him. Does he loves h...