In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise
Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie 10: Revenge time
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1

1K 36 28
By perilous_smile

Chappie 8: A Day with the Devil - part 1

I glared at Luke and believe me I had a very good reason to do so. I was awaiting his view about the dress I now wore to know if it was proper as a bridesmaid dress.

Now you might think, Elena is over-reacting, Luke is simply trying to help her.

Well, what would you say when I told you that this was the fifteenth dress I had to wear and model in front of him? That's right, I was standing in front of him wearing my fifteenth outfit of the day. Luke "helped" me choose or rather not choose the bridesmaid dress. Whatever dress I wore, no matter how pretty it was, but Luke's keen eyes always found some or the other flaw in it.

I started tapping my feet on the ground as I saw him smirking at me. He was clearly enjoying this.

"Nah! I think this is the worst of all. Don't you think?" he said scrunching his nose.

My head snapped towards the mirror to examine the dress. It was no doubt the sweetest one. It was an off shoulder dress with small flowers stitched from the left side to the down right end. The baby pink colour would look good on anyone. And the light pink net of the bottom was just adding to the beauty of it. It was smart yet elegant. This was the perfect bridesmaid dress according to me.

I turned to Luke who was looking at me with an unfathomable expression on his face.

"Are you serious? This one is the best of all" I snapped.

"We haven't checked all yet, El. Now go on, wear some other dresses, babydoll" he said and dismissed me with the movement of his hands.

Babydoll! ?? It sounds so good to hear it from his mouth... Wait, El... Is it really you who is thinking this?

I shook my head to clear away the disgusted feeling. Let him have his way, but I'm going to get this one as the bridesmaid dresses. I'll wear one more dress and then he can go to where he came from-HELL!!

I took the first dress my hands reached from the rack and headed for the trial room; without even glancing it a look.

Bad idea. Rule 77: Always check the dress you'll be trying and displaying to others.

I bit my lips nervously as I looked at my reflection in the changing room mirror.

The dress was a sleeveless V-necked one with stones embedded along the neck. Just that the end of the V-neck was a little too deep revealing the white clear skin of my cleavage. The back of the dress was no better and its V-neck reached just above my hips, leaving most of my back exposed. The royal blue colour of the dress contrasted strikingly over my skin.

Overall, I looked ravishing and sexy!! It would have been much better if it would have been Eddy on the other side of the door who'd be seeing me like this. Except that it was my sworn enemy, Luke, who'd be watching me in this revealing dress. AArrrggghhh!!

"Did you die in there? Helloooo....." Luke semi-yelled from outside.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to joke.

Why can't people realise that not everyone can be Elena White in the field of humour? Duh!

I was not sure if I should go out in front of him in this dress. It was so revealing and I was not comfortable wearing it in front of Luke.

" Helloooo... sleeping Beau...errr... not so beauty?" he spoke again.

This guy just flares me up with rage. I just wanted this day to be over with as quickly as possible.

"Did you have an epileptic attack? Should we call the ambulance?" he said.

That's it! I'm going out and kill him with my bare hands.

I opened the door and stepped out. I saw his mouth open slightly as if he was going to say something but was at loss of words.

Hee-haw!! I managed to shut his mouth for once. Quite an achievement, El. Bravo! Bravo!

"Maybe we should call the ambulance... for me." He said and collapsed on the floor.

I panicked and reached beside him quickly.

"Luke?" I said and started rubbing his palms.

"Oh God! What should I do now?" I said exasperated.

I'm bad with medical emergencies after all! That's a fact you should know. So never faint or anything in front of me. The great Elena won't be of any help then.

Luke popped open one eye and said, "I think you need to perform CPR"

I punched him on his chest and got up, then kicked him once more.

"Awww... You have a very wrong idea of giving a CPR, darling" he faked horror.

"In your case, Luke, all my knowledge about that subject has just evaporated from my brain"

He sat up and grinned.

"In that case, I might be generous enough to teach you how to give a CPR then" he said and winked playfully.

"Ah nice try Mr. Jerk No.2" I said.

Remember my bro, Nathan? I considered him the No.1 jerk. But now I guess I should re-consider the ranking. Obviously, Luke was in the scenario now and he was really talented enough to be the ultimate jerk.

He stood up and asked, "What 'try' are you talking about?"

"Try, to get your delicious lips on mine" I replied instantly.

Ooopss, I'd blurted out how I thought about his lips.

Note to myself: slap yourself in front of the mirror until it turned red.

As expected, feared, dreaded, and detested, his face was embraced by the infamous Lukious smirk. He licked his lower lip seductively as he entrapped me with his eyes.

I turned around feeling the flush reach my face.

"Delicious, huh? Well, I can say that about your back too. It's so...." He stopped when I turned furiously, glaring at him and placing my hands over my waist. I raised an eyebrow and challenged him to complete the sentence.

He exhaled loudly and raked his hands through his hair.

"Don't do this to me, El. Its killing me" he whispered slowly.

His grey eyes were not playful anymore and his face was serious. His lips were set in a hard line. He looked...tortured?

Huh?

"Firstly, don't call me El. You are not allowed. Only the ones close to me can call me that. And secondly,..."

I yelped as I was now on the sofa lying on my back with Luke over me. His eyes were storming grey and I could feel his minty breath over my face.

"Do you now consider me close enough, EL?" he spoke dangerously.

I was captured in his eyes. But then I realised we were in the shop and not on the sofa of my living room to be in this position; Which definitely felt right and wrong at the same time.

"Get-- off --me, Now" I said trying hard to push him away. But all my efforts were in vain, he didn't even feel anything.

Okay, so I've to join the gym soon and do some muscle building exercises. It may come handy in these kinda situations.

Luke narrowed his eyes at me.

"Don't pretend to be so innocent, El. You wanted this, right? You purposely wore this dress to tempt me and then you show me your sexy back. As if that was not enough, you flashed your ..." his voice slowed as he said, "your breath-taking cleavage at me"

His eyes trailed down from my face and then along the length of my V-neck, lingering a moment at my lips and my neck.

I quickly covered myself with my arms and looked away from him.

"Luke, you are scaring me a little. It's a public place and I feel this is sabotaging my self-respect. I don't like it. Please move." I said.

I didn't turn to him but felt his body language change from aggressive to understanding. He pulled back and very quickly claimed a seat opposite to mine, watching me intently.

I got up and scanned the area. A relief flashed over me to see that nobody was around to witness this embarrassing moment.

I took deep breaths to grasp hold of reality. Just then my phone started ringing.

Yeah it still works fine. That's why I call it my fighter.

I took it out of my purse and saw the word 'LOVE' flash on the screen. No prizes for guessing it was Edward, my Eddy, my Teddy!!

Okay, so just pretend you didn't hear the last word I said.

Holding the phone in my hand, I felt both relief as well as guilty. I picked it up and was soon relaxed by Eddy's warm voice.

"Hello El. Heard from John you were selecting the bridesmaid dresses. Still shopping, are you honey?" he said happily.

Wonder how he would react if he knew about Luke's sudden assault at his girlfriend. Well, won't bring this one up even to John, it's so embarrassing.

"Umm- yeah! I am indeed in the middle of selecting the dress" I replied as soon as I realised I was mind thinking a little too long.

"I have no doubt you'll choose the best dress. You've a great sense of style", he said.

"Thank you" I said.

"Actually, I called up to say I love you Eli, and I loved today morning. Only I know how difficult it was to control myself." He was silent and I didn't know what to say. He loved it? Maybe I'll faint at the revelation.

"Will I be seeing you today evening then?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I have some work at office. Then I've to make some plans for John's bachelor party, so I'm very sorry to say I won't be able to meet today" he replied.

" It's okay. I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked.

"Sure thing sweetheart. I would love another morning with you" he said.

My heart skipped a beat. He was being so romantic and that too openly.

Wow! He must have taken marijuana or something today...

"El?" he asked.

"Yup. I'll see you tomorrow then. And in the meantime, you will talk over message after your work is over, agreed?"

He laughed and I smiled.

"Agreed sir. Now goodbye, my boss will go crazy if he sees me over phone" he said.

"Okay then, byeeeeeeee" I sang.

"Love you, really El. How I miss you" he said and hung up even before I got to say anything back.

I smiled at his shyness and slapped my head for feeling like a teenager when it came to Eddy.

I looked up and expected Luke to attack me with questions. But, to my joy he was not sitting in his place. I took this opportunity quickly and literally ran to the trial room.

After I changed into my actual dress and came out, I noticed Luke standing at the counter talking to the same woman who had greeted us on our arrival at the shop.

I went up to him and he gave me a smile. Like a proper smile, a real smile-a genuine smile-not his usual smirk.

"What do you think about the pink corset dress you wore before the last dress?" he asked sincerely.

Whoa! Luke Thompson was being civilized. Maybe he's just acting. Well, then even I can act all-mannerly and stuff...

"I think it was beautiful and just perfect for the bridesmaid" I replied sweetly.

"Will it look good on others as it did on you?" he asked seriously.

What's with him today? So courteous... Two compliments in one day coming from him is no joke. I think the guys around me are taking drugs... First Eddy and now Luke Almighty....

"I think it'll look good on others as well" I replied reluctantly.

"Very well then" he said and turned towards the woman.

"We'll take the pink corset dress. Miss White has already had her fittings perfectly on her perfect body" he said.

Am I dreaming? Nah.. I think this is too good to be a dream even... maybe I'm in coma and my mind is being delusional about him..

"She'll let you know when the others will come for their trials. Other formalities will be dealt with later. Thank you for your assistance" he continued to say in a way I'd never heard him before.

"Of- of course.. No, no problem" she visibly gulped. Even I felt myself staring at his cool demeanour. Just a moment before, he spoke in such a well-detailed, business like and authorative way. His husky and serious voice held no room for anyone to disobey what he had commanded. It was so classic and sexy of him, even I was awestruck.

"Mind if we leave? I'm getting suffocated in here. I need fresh air and you could help some of it too, El" he said tugging his tee and blowing air through the neck of the tee..

I was speechless so I simply nodded. He was right, I too needed air.

After signing certain papers, we were out into the street. It was still sunny.

"So... What now?" I asked.

"Now it's time we get some lunch before we go to the florist" he replied and checked his watch.

"Why? Why do I need to go? Don't you think I work too?" I asked exasperated. I don't want more time spend with him.

"As much as I would have appreciated your work, but I can't. Because I already heard from Nate that you just party and make sure of utilizing the money your parents send over" he replied mockingly.

I fumed. That's so not corr.. Alright, it is correct. So what's the big deal?

And I wonder how he's calling Nathan as Nate. Very few people call him that. Even I don't call him Nate.. Anyways... this guy seems to think he's close to people..

I shuddered thinking how Luke might have convinced Nathan that he was close to him, considering how he thrust his closeness on me on the sofa.

Luke narrowed eyes brought it to my sense that I should be replying something to fight back the insult he inflicted.

"I was going to start searching for a job, so you know babe" I said pointing my finger at him.

He smirked again.

"Oh how I love the sound of word you just used for me now" he said and put both his palms over his chest and gave me a dreamy look pouting his lips.

I rolled my eyes at him,

"Now come on, don't be stubborn, darling. I already informed Jessica we would do it today" he said sweetly.

"You didn't" I gasped wide-eyed, but I knew he had already done it,

"Oh yes, I did" his grey eyes held strange mischief in them as he looked at me.

"Fine. Let's go then, wherever you wish." I said motioning my hands in the direction of the road.

"Wherever? Are you sure? Finally ready for me?" he asked smirking.

"Stop the smirking now Luke. I'm hungry...for food" I said before he could make up some other meaning to it.

He laughed.

"Now, where is our ride?" I asked annoyed.

"There" he said still laughing and pointed towards a red bike parked on the street.

I froze on the spot trying to breathe normally. I am so not going for it.

A bike ride with Luke???!!

*********************

************************************

**********************************************

So, how is this one? Please lemme know.....

I hope it made you laugh as much as it did to me....

That's why I love El... she takes me away from every problems of my life.....

I had a question for you guys though. Do you want any other characters P.O.V?? If yes, then who?

And guys help me choose a cast for the story...

Another upload maybe very soon as my holiday is coming to an end and I've to work hard once college re-opens.... But I need at least 5 votes on this one.... so....

Like....love.... comment (it's a request) and vote....

And Do tell your friends about the story... it'll mean a lot to me....

Luv to all who are reading this,

& flying kisses too.....

Shy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.2K 27
No, this isn't a story about a girl who is madly in love with her bestfriend but he(ha ha) is getting married to someone else while she sits there an...
165 4 8
I just met this handsome guy and on our first night we kissed. It was delightful and we even slept on the same bed. We spent the night together and w...
19.4K 1.1K 76
Part 1: Today was supposed to be my fairytale day. My perfect wedding day. I made my way to David, he took my hand in his, walking us closer to the l...
437K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...