The Viridian Shadow

By Harli40

Kazumi Midoriya - The elder sister of Izuku Midoriya and has been his caretaker for the past twelve years. Ho... More

Chapter One - A Normal Day and Not So Normal
Chapter Two - Training and Research
Chapter Three - School Year
Chapter Four - Attack and Defend
Chapter Five - Sports Festival and Stain
Chapter Six - Hosu City Incedent and Meeting Izu's Class
Chapter Seven - The Mall and Camp
Chapter Nine - The New Mission
Chapter Ten - Dreams, Truths, and New Beginnings
Chapter Eleven - The War and deaths

Chapter Eight - Home and Normalcy

128 4 0
By Harli40

It was a few days later, I was whipping down the counter of my now opened cafe. Izuku was sitting with Katsuki and drinking some drinks, while Auntie Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru. There was a ringing of the bell, I looked up, to see both All Might and Shouta walked into my Cafe. I looked up, lips pursing. I looked at Izuku... dorms... I wouldn't... I wouldn't see him. My head lowered. I watched, unamused as my Auntie and Uncle spoke to the heroes, looking at my brother. "Amd you Kazumi." I was just staring at Izuku. My heart in my throat... he wasn't the eight year old cry baby. He was a young man.

My emerald green eyes meet his own. I swallowed as I looked at Aizawa, then All Might. 'I mean no rudeness... but.' My hands frozen my throat where the cold metal and wrists, and ankles, were all scarred from those chains. My old wounds aching as I looked at Izuku. 'I' memories of my time raising my brother flashed in my mind. Fear gripping my chest, he could end up in situations like I've been in. I stared at him. 'I can't handle it...' I stared at him. 'The idea of you getting hurt, maybe even dying, it...' my hands were shaking. 'It makes me want to say no.' I answered. Remembering how he'd ask me of what I'd do... I hadn't replied, just looking away.

Izuku froze in place. I looked down, my eyes watering. 'But I can't... I can't take away your dreams... I can't...' I looked at him. 'When I was younger, I wanted nothing more than to be a hero... but because of dad... because of mom's death I couldn't... I can't.' My hands were shaking even more as I fought back my tears. 'I can't bring myself to rip away your dreams like mine were...' I looked at the hero's. 'There are other schools.'
"Hang on-"
'I'm not done. But Izuku wants to go to UA. He wants to be like you All Might, but...' My hands were shaking more as Izuku lunged for my hands. But All Might stood up. And kneeled, telling me the truth my heart shattered, and my will broke. My eyes looked at my little brother. Then, with still shaking hands, I signed. 'Find... but you two better take care of him... or I'll put your heads on pikes.'
"Sis!" I looked at him. Glaring.
'You to. You need to listen to your teachers, you need to obey every word. If I get one notice that you've disobeyed or even broke a rule, then I'm pulling you out of UA. Am I understood Izuku.' He nodded.
"Yes ma'am!" I looked at Katsuki.
'The same goes for you Katsuki.' He jumped, breaking away from his snickers and paled.
"Yes ma'am!" I looked at Izuku. 'Go pack...' I turned and continued to clean, hands still shaking. My brother was all grown up... leaving for school. Living in a dorm, leaving... I was alone again. Turning I walked into the back, my hair, up in a half bun to hide my neck, swishing slightly as I closed the door to the back. Passing Izuku as he went to walk out All Might. I cried silently.

Three days later I watched as Izuku left for the dorms. He left the house I'd been raising him in for the past nine years. Nine years... nine years of raising him. Nine years of teaching him, molding him, raising him. Now he was a young man. Leaving to become a hero. My head dipped as tears pricked at my eyes. My lips pursed as I turned around and began to work once again.

Izuku wanted to scream as his classmates looked into his room... which was coated in both All Might and Viridian Shadow Merch... and pictures of him and Kazumi. "Oh look! It's his sister!" Izuku booked it, grabbing the picture from when Kazumi was Sixteen and him eleven. He snatched up the picture pulling it to his chest. Before placing it back on his dresser.
"You really love your sister." He grinned at Jiro.
"Yeah! She's the best! Raised me from when I saw six tile now!" He grinned. Looking at the picture. "To be honest, I don't remember my mom... whenever I think of a mother... I think of her." He shot the picture one last smile before leaving.

I walked to the sign, just about to flip it to closed when I saw a hero walking up to me door. Tensei, or... Ingenium. In his hero outfit. I froze, heart in my throat as he came to a stop before me. "Mind if I come in?" Shit. I just smiled.
'Not at all. I'm closing though.'
"That's fine... I just wanna ask you a few things." I moved back opening the door and letting the hero in, then closing the door I flipped the sign to closed. Turning I smiled at him.
'Would you like a drink? No charge.'
"A water would be just fine thank you." I nodded and walked over and behind the counter, opening the fridge I grabbed a bottled water. Then walking out I handed it to him and sat down.
'How can I help you?' He just stared at me, more pacifically my face. Then he spoke.
"I'll be frank... I've been looking into UA hero corse students... more so their family... looking for ones who have older siblings roughly our age." Shit.
'Why?'
"I'm getting there. Now every single one of the ones I've spoken to... are not who I'm looking for. You are the last. So please be honest... are you Viridian Shadow?" Fuck. My eyes closed and I sighed.
'You going to turn me in Ingenium?" I looked up,he stared at me. Then he stood up, kneeling and bowing.
"No. I thank you for saving my life, and my career."
'Stendelph wasn't going to kill you. You were not his target. You just had a mix of good and bad luck.' My head picked up as he stood.
"Still... I will not turn you in. I'm going to try and... help you stay hidden." My eyes widened.
'You could lose your job by doing this!'
"I was going to lose it if you hadn't saved me." Fucking idiot!
'I can't let you do that.'
"Your hero friends have been worried." I paused. "They haven't seen you in a while..." shit. I felt my head snap in the direction I usually meet Hawks for sign language lessons. He laughed. Standing up. "Warning. Now I know it's you." He pointed at me with his water. "I'm going to become a regular."
'Great, more fans.' He frowned instantly.
"You have problems with fans?"
'Sometimes.' I shrug. Then I turned headed to the back, waving goodbye to Tensei, I missed his frown.

I landed on the roof, to see Hawks pacing on the roof. I crossed over and came to a stop right in the middle of his path. "Vi! Where have you been! I don't see you for weeks! Then I see you fighting beside All Might on the news!"
'I'm sorry, a lots been happening.'
"Yeah... you've been caught in the middle of it to..."
'I know... so had my- never mind.'
"Your what?"
'Nothing.'
"It's something that will lead back to you... isn't it." I didn't answer, that was answer enough. "I see..." that hurt him. I sighed.
'My little brother's been caught in the middle of all the LOV bull shit.'
"Oh... is he alright?"
'Yes, so far he's been mostly unharmed.'
"That's good..." we began to talk. Sitting down. Then he said something that shocked me. "Tell me something real about yourself. I blinked, and looked at him.
'I have freckles. Lots of freckles.' He laughed.
"Really." I nodded, and looked at the stars. "Your brother... he's a UA student isn't he." I paused, but nodded reluctantly. "Class A?" Another nod. "I'll look after the class then..." I looked at him. Smiling.
'Thank you...'
"I won't tell anyone..."
'Thank you.'
"No need to thank me..." I stood up.
'I need to go on patrol.' With that, I took off. Jumping from roof to roof. Thinking of my earlier message from my brother... he had his license now... he was officially a hero in training. I laughed at the Irony. Dad was a villain, Izu a hero, and I walked that fine line between hero and villain.

Keigo watched as Viridian Shadow jumped from roof to roof, leaving. Her hood pulled up, hiding her face along with her masks. Her scarf flew around in the wind as she ran. My lips pursed as I watched her run... the HPSC wanted her to be turned in. Wanted her on our side... or dead. He closed his eyes. He couldn't kill her, wouldn't kill her. Refused to kill her. Refused to cause harm to her.

He thought of the way her eyes would sometimes crinkle with a smile he couldn't, yet yearned to see. The way she was so kind and gentle. The way she played it smart. He knew that she was smart and would just find a loupe hole. The HPSC will just love that. He will to, he honestly couldn't wait to see their faces when they realize they got nothing on her. He grinned as he stretched out his wings, and left for his home. He had a mission to get ready for. 

A few days later, I sat at my computer, examining the next organization I was planning on taking down. A mafia. A small group, but one that's expanding. That's creating a lot more trouble. After all the League is under ground, and Touya has already sent me everything he had and knew about the villains. I paused, looking at the note book and frowning... most of those guys... were just wronged by the system. The system I despised. I just sighed as I looked forward and at the screen. Kai Chisaki, or Overhaul was my main target. My fingers moved on their own as I hacked to gain more info on Chisaki and his groups. It was quite boring really.

Huffing, after a while I had a notebook full of what I knew on this organization. Each page was full of info on at least one or two people. I leaned back in my seat as I flipped through the note book. My lips pursing. I had to get a copy of this to EraserHead or NightEye. I scratched my chin. Giving it to NightEye would be best. I just sighed, sitting down. Then my phone went off. - Kai Chisaki has made contacted with the League Of Villains. Killed Magna. Shigaraki is thinking of making an alliance. Fuck.
-thanks for informing me of this change. I shot to my feet, turning to my father's suit, I then walked past it, to my own. Once I reached it I changed and took off. Running through the city, jumping from roof to roof.

It didn't take me long to find Night-Eye. I picked up the notebook, which no will not lead back to me. I made sure of it, and dropped it in his way. "Whoa." He stopped and stared at the notebook. The words 'Chisaki Kai' written on it. His head shot up and he froze when he saw me. "Viridian Shadow..."
'The League Of Villains have contacted him.' I signed. 'That and... well I don't spoil.' I stood up. 'Info in there. A lot of it too.' I signed.
"Really." He picked it up. "I should-" before he could say anything else. I left, disappearing into the shadows, which licked at my skin and soon engulfed me. Within seconds I was standing in an ally way, in civilian wear. My quirk, to my despair has evolved. So much so to the dagger I just had to think in order to use my powers.

I began to walk down the street, holding my bag as I joined the crowed, no cameras in sight. My head turned ever so slightly as I began to walk. Headed to Izuku's school, with some food and other stuff for him and Katsuki. Pausing as I spotted a reporter leaving, the sun setting. Then I also spotted All Might with Izuku. "Sis?" I picked up the bag.
'Some supplies for you and Katsuki.'
"Oh... thanks!" He grinned as I moved closer. Handing him the bag. He gladly took it. He grinned at me. "How are you?"
'Good. It's lonely without you though.'
"How's the cafe?"
'It's good.'
"That's good." He smiled at me and I looked up.
'I gotta be going. Love you Izu.'
"Love you to sis."
'Tell Kat I love him and not to do anything stupid.' I smiled as Izuku laughed and nodded, then I left. Ignoring the fact that Viridian Shadow was steadily becoming as famous and renowned as All Might. My gut twisted at the thought. I was so fucking screwed. I sighed. After this Chisaki bullshit I'm so going to lay down low for a while... something tells me that might not work out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 922 13
Izuku Midoriya lives in a superpower society. Quirks are a must for a stable life and bright future. Quirkless people are shamed and treated like not...
37.5K 1K 51
Izuku Midoriya is quirkless. Because of this, he was abandoned at the age of 4 and then again 2 years later. Bullied, abused, tortured. In a dark par...
157K 2.3K 29
Momo Yaoyurozu is a 22 year old Pro hero. She is loved by the public and is seen as a inspiration by women. She lives a secretive life. Not much is k...
322 0 5
In this AU instead of Twice's name being Jinn Bubaigawara, his name will be Jinn Midoriya and he was married to Inko. Twice will be Izuku's biologica...