Iniyavale

By Mrinalini_MS

If he was the sky, then she is the moon ! If he was the forest, then she is the flower ! If he was fire, then... More

Prelude
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24

Chapter 23

330 65 59
By Mrinalini_MS

A state of eeriness filled the room as Ashwin sat numb, after his eyes took in the vision of his father, standing right in front of him with a baggage in hand.

His father had lost a little weight, his face had a good amount of wrinkles on display, huge bags were there below his eyes and he looked tired too.

Ashwin knew everything happening back in his hometown. He might not be present there physically, but he checked on his family often. Though his primary aim was to start a business on his own, he never stopped looking after his family business and made sure that none of them, even Rakshan knew about this.

With the help of Mukundan, his father's personal assistant, Ashwin knew everything happening there. During the time of lockdown, lack of materials supply failed one branch and his father almost decided to shut down that particular branch, but miraculously he got a supplier and today, this branch is one of those that is yielding high profits.

The workforce credited Mukundan for finding the supplier but little they knew that it was Ashwin who did everything. Be it workers strike or anything that disrupted the flow of business, it was Ashwin who solved every single issue.

None of them knew it and Ashwin never had the habit of flaunting his deeds.

Rakshan slowly tapped Ashwin's shoulder, bringing him back to the world and Ashwin once again looked at his father. He tried his level best to frame words, but even a syllable wasn't ready to escape from his lips.

Raji identified him, as Ashwin had shown his pictures while Mrini and Krishna identified him as Ashwin was a carbon copy of his father.

Ashwin's father was astonished to see a girl sleeping in his son's arms. Rakshan followed his line of sight and gulped, trying ways to tackle the situation.

Mrini and Krishna were literally chanting slokas, to save their brothers and best friend from Ashwin's dad.

Sivaangi was sleeping comfortably in Ashwin's arms, completely unaware of the turmoil that her Ashwin was undergoing now. He tried getting up but her stir stopped him.

Having one of his favourite human in his arms and the other favourite human right in front of him, Ashwin gulped, for God knows how many times.

Ashwin's father, Lakshmikanthan gestured Rakshan to take him to Ashwin's room and Krishna breathed out with a sigh.

Krishna: Happada, ippo thaan mooche vidren.

Mrini patted his back and realised that she was also the same like him. Raji saw a lost Ashwin and sat next to him.

Raji: Kanna, Sivu va enkitta kudu. Nee poi appa kitta pesu da.

Ashwin: Maa....

He dragged, gulping his words.

Raji: Appa onnum solla maataru ma, nee poi pesu.

Ashwin nodded absent mindedly and gently placed Sivaangi on the sofa. Her palms were clutching his shirt in a tight fist. He tried removing her hand but her grip was too strong.

Even at this tense situation, her face lit a smile on his face and he quickly carried her in his arms. Mrini understood his move and quickly ran to open the door of Rakshan's room.

Ashwin placed the sleeping bundle on the bed and covered her with the duvet. He sat on the bed and held her palm to his cheek.

Mrini left the room and Ashwin leaned in, with his head on hers.

Ashwin: Paapa, appa vandhu irukkaru ma. I am clueless about his purpose of visit. I am really nervous, Peaches.

He stroke her hair and laid his head on her arm, finding comfort.

Ashwin: Naa enna pannatum Panda? I am not able to look at him. He did nothing wrong, I am the one to be blamed....

He stopped his blabber when Sivaangi sniffed him in her sleep, snuggling to his head. Ashwin laughed when her arm looped around his neck and her legs were on his lap.

Her innocent face calmed his racing heart and he leaned in, dashing his forehead on hers.

Ashwin: Settai settai, thoongum podhum settai.

He pulled her chubby cheeks and rubbed it quickly hearing her sleepy whine.

Ashwin: Vitta ipdiye ukandhu iruppen pola. Naa appa kitta poren. Nee nalla thoongu.

He dashed his forehead on hers once again and closed all the curtains for her to have a comfortable sleep.

Ashwin came out of the room and straightaway went to his room. Rakshan was pacing in the room, biting his nail. Ashwin gestured him to leave and after sharing a brotherly hug, Rakshan stepped out to give some time to the dad-son.

It's been two years since Ashwin spoke to his father. Unfortunately, it was Ashwin who stopped talking as he was guilty for not achieving his goal. He didn't wanted to bring excuses to his only supporter, so refrained from talking itself.

Ashwin has this habit of shutting himself off and this time, it was his father who had to face this side of his.

Lakshmikanthan came out of the restroom, wiping his face with a towel.

Lakshmikanthan: Hello sir. Naa yaaru nu theriyudhungala??

Ashwin couldn't face his father and tugged his head down, facing the floor. His dad neatly hung the towel on the railing for it to dry and wore one of Ashwin's shirt from the wardrobe. The dad-son were a spitting image of each other, with the same physique.

Ashwin couldn't fight the smile that threatened to escape his lips when he saw his dad in that lemon yellow plain shirt, which is one of his favourites.

Lakshmikanthan made a quick call to Mukundan, asking him to take care of the work till he returns. Ashwin felt home, hearing his dad talk about work and badly missed his house at Coimbatore.

Ashwin's dad sat on the edge of the bed, scrolling through his phone, waiting for his son to talk but the son had literally zipped his lips. Feeling frustrated, Ashwin's dad called Rakshan to the room.

Rakshan: Sollunga pa...

Lakshmikanthan: Why is your friend standing here as if I punished him? Ishtam illai na solla sollu da, I'll leave.

He sounded hurt and a tear trickled from Ashwin's right eye, which he quickly wiped off. He walked to Rakshan and tried to look at his dad but gave up and turned to face Rakshan.

Ashwin: Rakshan, naa samachidren. Enakku konjam groceries mattum vaangitu vandhudu da.

Lakshmikanthan: Adhellam onnum venaam.

Ashwin: Raksha, nee po. I'll message you the list.

Lakshmikanthan: Why should he cook for a stranger? Naa unna paaka than vandhen nu sollu da avankitta.

Ashwin sighed and kind of glared at Rakshan, asking him to help out.

"What can I do?" He mouthed to Ashwin but closed his mouth when Ashwin glared him.

Lakshmikanthan: Raksha, endha ulgathula irukka nee?

Rakshan: Appa, enna neengalum unga pullaiyum maathi maathi enna moraikkuringa. Dei Ashwin, pesi tholaiyen da appakitta.

Ashwin sweetly smiled at Rakshan, that alarmed him. Soon, he let out a yell and turned to his left, to see Ashwin twisting his left hand. Ashwin's dad muffled up the laughter and stood up, punching Rakshan lightly.

Lakshmikanthan: Evening aaiduchu, onnum samaikka venaam nu sollu da un nanban kitta. Let's order and eat. Naa hall la irukken.

Ashwin's dad patted Rakshan's arm and walked in between, pushing Ashwin away playfully. Once his dad went out of the room, Ashwin smiled brightly and pinched Rakshan.

Rakshan: Ahhh.. Valikudhu da dhadi maadu.

Ashwin: Appa is the same la, enna en mela kovama irukaru.

Rakshan: Then console him.

Ashwin: How will I talk da? Endha mogatha vechitu pesuven avarkitta?

Rakshan: Nee seriyana loosu da Ashwineyyy...

Ashwin stared Rakshan and twisted his hand, making Rakshan screech for life. Mrini and Krishna rushed in hearing his shout and freed him from Ashwin.

Mrini: Anna ennachu?

Ashwin: Enna loosu nu soldran, Mrini.

Mrini: Yen Rakshan anna apdi soldringa?

Rakshan: Appa kooda pesa ivanukku ennavaam? Amma, akka than strict. Appa is the sweetest. Infact, ivan appa pulla than. Appavukku ivan than ellame. Ippo pesa enakku irukku ivanukku?

Ashwin: Rakshan....

Rakshan: Nee vaaiya moodu. Ivan irukkane seriyana paithiyakaaran, Mrinalini. He has this habit of shutting off himself from his favourite people. Enkittaye panni irukkane when Aathvik left Coimbatore. He'll blame himself and leave people just like that. It took a year for me to convince him.

Krishna looked shocked and saw Ashwin, who was clenching his jaw.

Rakshan: He did the same with appa too. Veetta vittu velila vandha thirteen months la lockdown. It's no one's fault that he couldn't do what he wished for. Oru naal kooda appa ivana kelvi ketkala. Ivan mela ivana vida appa than neraya hope vechi irukaru. But, he stopped speaking with him too. Evolvo kenji paathuten, pesala. Appa was calling him everyday aana sir edukkala. Epdi odanji ponaru nu theriyuma?

Ashwin: Athanala thaan da naa phone edukkala dammit.

Ashwin shouted and banged his fist on the table, startling everyone. Mrini and Krishna grabbed his arms, pacifying him to calm down and released his close fist, rubbing his back.

Krishna: Rakshan anna, aprom pesikalam vidunga.

Rakshan: Ipdiye thalaila thooki vechi aadunga, ungalayum vittutu poiduvaan. First Aathvik, then me and now his father. You all will be coming up next. Ungalayum vittutu poiduvaan paarunga.

Ashwin: Rakshan, aranjida poren pesama poidu.

Rakshan: Adichiko da venna, I won't give a damn about it. Periya thyaga semmal ivaru, ella pazhiyum ethukittu vittutu poidrathu. Neenga ellam Sivaangi pandratha paathutu irukkinga, ivan avala vida mosam. Ivana kattitu andha ponnu enna paadu pada poralo....

Mrini's eyes widened hearing him and Krishna let out a "Are you serious look?" to Rakshan.

Rakshan: Oh, ippo neengalum avan pakkama, Irundhutu ponga, enkitta vandhu kanna kasakittu nikka venaam nu sollunga. Innum ethana naalaiki naanu ivanukkum ivan appavukkum thoodhu poradhu? Naa daily Saranya kooda mattum thaan pesitu irukken nu nenachitu irukkinga la, how will I say that a poor father was checking on his son every single day through a third person and this stone hearted guy never knew anything about that.

Rakshan was boiling in anger and walked out of the room, banging the door shut. Krishna ran behind him and Mrini saw Ashwin, who had leaned on the table, hiding his face with his arms.

Mrini: Anna, Rakshan anna will be alright. Neenga kavala padadhinga.

Ashwin: No, he won't be alright Mrinalini. Until and unless I do what he asked for, he won't be convinced.

Mrini: What stops you from talking to your dad, anna?

Ashwin: Not again, Mrinalini.

Mrini: Irunga, naa pesi mudichidren. Not all humans are same, all of us have different ways of approach to cope up with our emotions. But that approach shouldn't harm our dear ones illaiya anna?

Ashwin just looked at her and turned his face away.

Mrini: You got the point right? Athaan moonjiya thirupitu irukkinga. Still, nothing won't stop me from saying what I feel. Naa yaaru nu theriyum la? Unga thangachi.

Ashwin: At least to tame you, I'll find Aathvik soon. Enna vaai da saami, unakku avan than seri.

Mrini: Paathukalam. Now don't divert me na.

Ashwin: Mrini, purinjiko da....

Mrini: Neenga engala purinjikonga na. More than all of us, Rakshan anna has been with you all along. There's nothing he doesn't know about you. Apdi patta avare kova padraru na yen nu ungalukku puriyalaye illa puriyadha maari nadikkiringala?

"Evlo ketalum badhil varadhu, nee thaan ma time waste pandra." Mrini stood up hearing Ashwin's dad and Ashwin followed suit.

Lakshmikanthan: Yen sir nikkuringa? Perukku thaan nenachen aana unmaike naa unakku third person aaite pola. Bayandhu, thayangi odura alavukku naa enna da panniten?

Rakshan: Badhil sollitalum......

He walked in, along with Krishna and Krishna saw Mrini with a sigh mouthing, "Adutha round di."

Mrini blinked her eyes and stood on the chair. Ashwin was amused and asked 'what' when she leaned in to whisper.

Mrini: Anna, naa unga appa kitta pesalama?

Ashwin: Who stopped you, eli? Enna pazhakkam idhu, permission ellam kekura?

Mrini grinned and scowled when a paper ball hit her. She glared at Krishna who glared at her back.

Krishna: Whisper pandra moonjiya paaru. Epdi naalum nee pesuna paththu oorukku keka thaan pogudhu.

Ashwin: Idhukku chair mela eri ninnu vera kekura paaru loosu...

Ashwin hit Mrini lightly, to which she sulked and got down the chair whining loudly. The more she whined, the more her brothers laughed and even Ashwin's dad chuckled at her.

Mrini: En mela yaarukkum paasam ey illai. Anbu ondru thaan anadhai.

Krishna: Aama periya BB Mugen Rao iva, dialogue adikkama ezhundhu modhala thanniya kudi di.

Lakshmikanthan: Sorry to interrupt but enakku unga yaarayume theriyadhu.

Mrini: I'll explain sir.

"Sir ah?" two voices boomed the room and Mrini blinked, just like the nickname bestowed on her by her brother.

Ashwin: Naa annan, aana avaru sir ah?

Lakshmikanthan: Avan annan, aana naa sir ah da?

The dad-son looked at each other and others sighed loudly.

Rakshan: Ennala mudiyala, ennai ya vitrunga.

Krishna was ready with an infamous counter but zipped his lips seeing Rakshan's stare.

Rakshan: Magane, 'mudi illaiye athaan ivlo mudi irukke' nu edhavadhu iththu pona joke ah pota adichipuduven paathuka.

Krishna sulked and fake cried, to which Mrini laughed. Lakshmikanthan saw Ashwin who was chuckling at these two apart from Rakshan and mentally noted that they were close to him. He also remembered Raji and most importantly, he was curious to know about the girl who was in his son's arms.

Mrini faced Ashwin's dad and stretched her hand for a handshake. Krishna's lips curved down in appreciation and Ashwin was amused at her. His dad extended his hand and they shook their hands.

Mrini: I am Mrinalini pa, third year in Computer Science Engineering. I am Ashwin anna's and Rakshan anna's student, so as Krishna here and Sivaangi, who is sleeping in Rakshan anna's room.

Lakshmikanthan took in all the information and was confused hearing student. Were they teaching?

He saw Rakshan escaping and stopped him right there. Rakshan blinked with a sheepish smile and stared at Mrini.

Rakshan: Yen, enga thangachi nu solli irukalam la?

Mrini: Thangachi thaanava ney molachi varum? First unga student la athaan sonnen.

Lakshmikanthan: Iru ma. Yen da Raksha, nee ellathayum sonniye appo velaikku porom nu yen da sollala?

Ashwin: Ennadhu sollalaya?

He exclaimed gleefully and threw his arm over Krishna's shoulder.

Ashwin: Yen da Krishu, oruthan ivlo panniyum idha marachitane. Appo avanum bad boy thaane.

Rakshan slapped his forehead and Ashwin's dad pinched Rakshan's ear for hiding this information. Mrini cupped her mouth, laughing hard and Ashwin stuck out his tongue at Rakshan. Krishna had that ever famous look of "kudumbama da idhu?"

Rakshan: Appa sorry pa. I though you'll feel bad.

Lakshmikanthan: Why will I feel bad?

Rakshan: Illa lecturer thaane nu...

Lakshmikanthan: Dei, kirukku pudichi pocha unakku? What is wrong in being a lecturer? You guys are teaching the future generation. You are earning by not depending on others.

Anaiki avan amma phone panni kathunappo ivan yen da naa velaikku poren nu sollala?

Ashwin tugged his head down, not answering him.

Rakshan: Appa, ivlo periya family la irundhu vandhutu normal teaching field ah nu ungala thara thaazhndhu pesuvanga nu avan sollika la pa. Naanum athukku thaan sollala. We are proud of our job, but the relatives will have something or the other to say.

Lakshmikanthan: This is getting overboard, en pasanga enna pannanum nu avanga mudivu panna podhum. Naa onnum soldradhu illai nu thaana aatam podranga, enna pandren nu paarunga.

Rakshan nodded his head and Ashwin smiled at his dad, which he hid when his dad saw him.

Rakshan: Anaiki Sivaangi ellam illai na pesuna pechukku ivan saaptu kooda irundhu irukka maatan pa.

Ashwin's dad felt even more curious hearing Sivaangi's name for the second time and saw his son's happy face, whenever her name was mentioned.

Ashwin: Paapa mattum illai, Mrini, Krishna, Raji maa, mukkiyama nee. Ellarum thaane irundhinga.

Rakshan: Appa, avan unga kooda pesura varaikkum naa pesa maaten.

Ashwin: Iru, en Sivaangi maa kitta potu vidren.

Rakshan: Peh

Lakshmikanthan: Dei Rakshan, we definitely need to talk. Enkooda va, velila pogalam. Veetukku varum podhu saapadu vaangitu vandhuduvom nu lecturer sir kitta sollitu vaa.

Rakshan: Hey eli, sollidu un annan kitta.

Lakshmikanthan: Yen da andha ponna vambu pandringa? Unakku edhavadhu venuma Mrinalini?

Mrini: No pa. Edhu venumo atha vaangitu vaanga.

He nodded his head and left the room followed by Rakshan. Ashwin sat on the bed, rubbing his forehead. Mrini and Krishna sat on either side of him.

Mrini: Anna, appa nalla type ah theriyuraru.

Ashwin: He is, Mrinalini. He's my everything. Naa avaru chellam thaan. I am actually scared of my mother but when it comes to appa, he's my best friend, my partner in crime and most importantly, my hardcore supporter. How will I go and say him that, I am nothing but a failure.

Mrini: Ada en arivali pasamalarey, neenga aayiram vaati failure nu sollikonga but remember, you are going to become what you wished for pretty soon. You will have Sivaangi and all of us standing by your side. At least you were guilty before for being jobless, but now you are earning na.

Krishna: Sivaangi paada maaten nu sonnapo neenga epdi ellam advise panninga? Ippo avala vida mosama pandringa na....

Ashwin twisted his lips and got up, smacking Krishna's head.

Ashwin: Ponga da ellarum ennaiyave thitringa. Naa Sivaangi kitta complain panna poren.

He walked like a penguin, imitating Sivaangi and exited the room. Krishna was honestly fed up and saw Mrini using her phone.

Krishna: Eii inga enna nadakkudhu nee enna pandra? Dhideernu sandai podranga and within seconds they are being normal. Ennala mudiyala.

Mrini: Polambadha da, let me send this audio clip.

Krishna peeped in to see what she was doing and grinned when Mrini played the audio.

Krishna: Ashwin anna avaru appa pathi sonnadha record pannitiya?

Mrini: Naama ellarum pesunadhum thaan pannen. Andha portion mattum cut panni Rakshan annavukku anupiten. Naalaiki kulla annan avaru appakooda pesiye aaganum. Even if he doesn't listen to all of us, Sivaangi irukka bayamen.

Ava ellathayum paathuppa.

Krishna smiled and his gaze fell on the photo frame on the table. It was a candid picture of Ashwin and Sivaangi taken on the third day of their meet.

Krishna: Kaathiruppom......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I am back with an update.

Hope you all liked this chapter. I haven't proof read it, mistakes irundhal mannikavum.

I might have lost the touch, I'll try to give my best in the upcoming chapters.

I might be updating another one or two chapters by this week. Thank you so much for your patience and support. Love you all.

Anbudan,
Mrinalini 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 2.9K 54
роЕро╡ройрпН роЕроирпНрод роХро▓рпНро▓рпВро░ро┐ропро┐ройрпН *роЯро╛ройрпН* роОройрпНро▒рпБ рокрпЖропро░рпН рокрпЖро▒рпНро▒ро╡ройрпН. роЕроирпНрод роХро▓рпНро▓рпВро░ро┐ рокрпЖрогрпНроХро│ро┐ройрпН роХройро╡рпБ роиро╛ропроХройрпН. роЕро╡ройродрпБ роХроЯрпИроХрпНроХрогрпН рокро╛ро░рпНро╡рпИроХрпНроХро╛роХ рокрпЖрогрпНроХро│рпН родро╡роорпН роХро┐роЯроирпНродро╛ро░рпНроХро│рпН. роЕродрпЗ роХро▓рпН...
183K 8.6K 41
роХроЯро┐ро╡ро╛ро│роорпН роЕрогро┐ропро╛род роорпЗроХродрпНродрпИ рокрпЛро▓ ро╡ро╛ро┤рпНроХрпНроХрпИропрпИ родройрпН роЗро╖рпНроЯродрпНродро┐ро▒рпНроХрпБ ро╡ро╛ро┤рпБроорпН роиро╛ропроХройрпН. роТро┤рпБроХрпНроХроорпН, роирпЖро▒ро┐роорпБро▒рпИ родрокрпНрокро┐ рокрпЛрой роЕро╡ройрпН ро╡ро╛ро┤рпНроХрпНроХрпИропро┐ро▓рпН роЕро╡ройрпН роХрогрпНроЯ роЗройрпНройро▓рпНроХро│рпН, роЕродрпИропрпБроорпН родро╛...
20.6K 861 57
ЁЯТЮроХрпБроЯрпБроорпНрокродрпНродро┐ро▒рпНроХро╛роХ роХро╛родро▓рпИ рооро▒рпИроХрпНроХрпБроорпН роТро░рпБродрпНродро┐, роЕро╡ро│родрпБ роЕройрпНрокрпБ рокрпБро░ро┐роирпНродрпБроорпН, роЕро╡ро│родрпБ роиро┐ро░ро╛роХро░ро┐рокрпНрокро┐ройрпН роХро╛ро░рогродрпНродрпИ роПро▒рпНроХ роорпБроЯро┐ропро╛рооро▓рпН родро╡ро┐роХрпНроХро┐ро▒ро╛ройрпН роТро░рпБро╡ройрпН. родроирпНродрпИропро┐ройрпН ро╡ро╛ро░рпНродрпН...
168K 18.7K 53
This is a complete fictional story that happens in the alternate timeline and universe having no resemblance to reality except for the occupation of...