Skies of Shadows

By AnyaMontrose

His eyes? Like a mysterious forest, you'd get lost in! Those lips? Sweeter than a dip in the ocean! His arms... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 13

5 1 0
By AnyaMontrose

I woke up the next morning in Abel's arms. He was already awake, looking at me.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He whispered and I sighed, snuggling deeper in his embrace.

"Good morning." I whispered and closed my eyes again.

"What do you say we go out for a nice breakfast?" He asked with a sweet smile on his face.

"Mmm, food sounds great." I purred and looked up at him. His fingers came up to my cheek and he softly stroked it. I snuggled my face into his hand, closing my eyes.

"I hate that I don't hate you..." I pouted into his hand and he chuckled.

"That's okay, darling. Feel your feelings. I will always be close." He said in a low voice, a little threatening.

We slowly got up from bed and I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and my hair. I put on a little makeup and got out. By the time I got out he was already dressed. He was wearing one of his business suits and when I saw him, I stopped in the doorway of the bathroom gaping at him.

"Like what you see, darling?" He teased in response to my open mouth and lingering eyes.

I blushed to hell and back and averted my eyes. I snuck away to change my clothes, but I pouted when I only found my shorts and some T-shirts.

"You have more clothes in the closet." He said matter-of-factly and I rose my eyebrows going toward the closet. When I opened it, it was full. Dresses, skirts, jeans, pants, shorts t-shirts and blouses, everything you could think of was there.

I blinked, staring at it in disbelief and I found myself wondering if he was some sort of magician.

I turned to look at him, my eyes wide and my eyebrows meeting my hairline.

"What? You don't like them? I can ask them to change them to something else if you want." He said, like he was talking about napkins. There were thousands of dollars worth of clothes in that closet and he would change them if I didn't like them?

I shook my head.

"Too many choices then?" He asked, trying to figure out what was wrong. "Fine, I'll pick something for you then." He made his way to the closet, looked around and took out some panties and bra, red, all lacey. Why was I not surprised? Then he took out a colorful, flowery dress and handed them to me. He proceeded to take out a pair of sneakers and socks.

I stared at him with wide eyes, taking the clothes he was handing me.

"Take off your clothes." He instructed shortly.

Still not saying anything I put aside the clothes he took out of the closet and took off the ones I slept in. I was then, buck naked in front of him.

"Good." He purred and took the panties, squatting down and spreading them in front of me and I slipped into them. He pulled them up to my hips, kissing my thighs in the process.

"Abel..." I protested softly.

"Shhh...' He whispered and stood up, taking the bra. He put that on also, kissing my left shoulder when he hooked it closed.

"Arms up." He instructed, taking the dress. I lifted my arms above my head, and he slowly slipped the dress on me.

I was watching his every move. I felt like a doll, like a queen with servants dressing me up.

"Sit." His voice commanded and I sat down on a chair. He took the socks and one of my legs kneeling down in front of me. He kissed my foot and slipped on one of the knee-high socks, then he took the other one and did the same. Putting my legs back down, he grabbed the sneakers and slipped them on my feet, planting kisses on my knees.

"All done."

I looked up at him blushing madly and then I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"How am I supposed to ride a motorcycle in a dress, Abel?" I inquired.

"Sweetheart, are you scared people will see something they shouldn't? Or are you scared I will poke someone's eyes out for looking?" He smirked at me.

"Both..." I admitted making him chuckle.

"Don't you worry your pretty head." He smiled at me.

We then proceeded to go outside. We saddled the bike and Abel sat down on the front side of my dress, so it wouldn't fly away. It was a sweet gesture, though selfish of him to get me dressed up in a dress.

We went to a café which was close to the hotel and sat down on the terrace. We ordered some food and drinks and spent our morning chit chatting like we didn't just point guns at each other the other night.

The morning was quiet until his phone rang. I was starting to hate that phone just like I hated the car. I pouted a little when he took it out and I saw Jackson's name on the caller ID.

"Good morning, sunshine." Abel joked, trying to break the ice.

"Good morning, princess." Jacks replied. "Listen, this Aris idiot is like a damn fish. Very damn slippery. Nobody was left alive at the location we were and he was definitely not amongst the bodies."

"Do you have any good news for me, Jacks or did you just decide to ruin my gorgeous morning?" Abel rolled his eyes in response.

"Nah, I take pleasure in ruining your days, kid." Jacks said.

Suddenly someone sat down next to us at the table. I gasped as I felt something cold against my leg. I slowly looked down and saw a gun, instantly staring up at Abel.

Abel looked at the man, cocking an eyebrow. "Jacks, I'll call you back in a minute." He said and hung up. He calmly put down the phone and leaned closer to the man sitting next to me with a gun pointed at me.

"I suggest you take your sorry ass gun away from my woman before I make you eat it." He snarled, his voice calm but his eyes stormy. I felt like he was really yearning for someone to push the buttons so he could make them pay.

"Nice try, little wolf." The man said. Damn that nickname was spreading fast. It also made Abel raise his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Little?" Abel laughed sarcastically and in a blink of an eye he was standing up with his own gun pointed at this man's head. Abel was definitely towering over him.

Just as fast his other hand reached for his other gun, because why wouldn't he have two of them and shot the man's wrist clean off, his hand with the gun falling to the floor. The man yelled in agony and gripped his bleeding arm, while Abel took advantage of his open mouth and shoved his gun down his throat.

"Tell Aris I'm coming for him." Abel leaned down to the guy's level.

The man spat, hitting Abel's cheek. "Fuck you!" He hissed, still holding his bleeding arm.

Abel looked at him in disgust, "You know what? I'll tell him myself." And with that, he pulled the trigger, the bulled exiting through the other side of the man's head.

The waiters at the restaurant were staring but not in shock, as this was just a normal Tuesday for them. One of them approached us questioningly. "Is there a problem here, Mr. Hart?" He asked.

"Not anymore." Abel said, wiping his face clean with a napkin. I was still staring, wide eyes at the dead man next to me, at his hand staining the ground and at Able's blank expression. My breath was uneven and my hands were sweaty, gripping the hem of my dress.

"Are you alright, darling?" He asked me, kneeling down next to my chair and picking up my hands to kiss them. I looked down at him and nodded quickly.

"Clean this up." Abel told the waiter and got up, throwing a lot of cash on the table.

"Let's go." He then turned back to me, pulling me up softly by my hands. I stood up, trembling a little.

We walked back to the bike and he put on my helmet and then his, climbing on and waiting for me to do the same. I followed suit and snuggled behind him, gripping his waist tightly.

Then he revved the engine and we were off. He called Jacks back using his phone and talking through the helmet. "Tell Gray I'm on my way to the club." He said shortly and hung up the call. We rode towards the club and in only fifteen minutes we were already there.

Abel squeezed my knee, motioning me to get off the bike. I did and then so did he. Gray came out of the garage and I frowned at him, running towards him and I slapped his chest. "Why aren't you with Becks!?!" I yelled.

He grabbed my wrists, concern written on his face. "She's sleeping, doll...She's not alone, mom is with her." He explained, trying to deescalate my anger. I instantly started sobbing and he hugged me. "You're okay...' He rubbed my back in circles and looked questioningly at Abel.

"One of Aris' men came to the restaurant and pointed a gun at her." He rolled his eyes and Grey started fuming. "AND??" He inquired for further information.

"He's dead now." Abel explained, shrugging. Gray nodded and cupped my face making me look at him.

"Hey, you're awfully scared for someone who killed two people only mere days ago." He smiled at me and I blinked, starting to breathe again. I nodded and wiped my tears from my face, small hiccups leaving my throat. He chuckled and motioned me inside.

"Go and ask Andreea for a tea, will you?" He smiled and I went inside. Before entering the building I saw the guys arguing. I sighed and looked around for Andreea. She was a tall girl, extremely friendly and I loved her carefree attitude. When she saw me she hugged me and took my hand guiding me towards a table.

I didn't need to ask for anything, she just brought me a cup of tea and sat down at the table with me.

"Are you okay, love?" She asked with concern lacing her voice. "I guess." I sighed.

She took my hand, caressing it softly. "Do you want to go visit Rebecca?" She asked me with a smile on her face. My eyes filled with tears and I nodded.

"Alright. Drink your tea and then I'll take you to her." Andreea said and we sat there silently, sipping on our tea.

Just when we were getting up to leave the guys came inside, bumping into us.

"Where you off to?" Gray asked.

"To the hospital." Andreea looked up at Gray, explaining.

"The hell you are!" Abel interjected. "Someone just tried to kill you. I'm not letting you go anywhere, sweetheart!" He snarled.

Andreea suddenly stepped between Abel and I. "Anya is in distress, she needs to see Rebecca and I will take her there." She said, crossing her arms on her chest.

Abel sighed and looked at me. My eyes were still filled with tears. "Fine. Take someone with you." He instructed.

Andreea nodded and looked at Gray. "Take Tony and Dan." He said and we were out the door, meeting the two tagalongs outside.

"Thanks for taking my side." I said to Andreea and she smiled at me.

"Anytime, love." She said and we hopped on her bike. Tony and Dan followed us to the hospital and when we got there, I basically jumped off the bike and ran into the building. The other guys were struggling to keep up with me as I made my way to my best friend.

I went inside her room and let out another breath when I saw her sleeping peacefully. "Oh, baby..." I whispered and sat on a chair next to her bed. I took her hand and put my forehead against it.

After a few minutes I heard her groaning, waking up. "Anya..?" She whispered and my eyes shot up at her.

"Ah, Gosh I missed you!!" I cried to her and she chuckled at me.

"I missed you more." She smiled, caressing my cheek.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I asked her and climbed into bed with her when she scooched a little to make space for me.

" A lot better actually. I still don't understand why they won't let me leave, this place is so awfully boring." She complained and I laughed, starting to tell her all about my last few days.

"He did what?!" She almost yelled when I told her about the gun pointing date I had with Abel the night before.

"To be fair, I started it." I excused him.

"You did?? Why?" She was in shock.

"He was stalking me!!" I exclaimed. "Even in Poland. Remember how I kept complaining that all my dates would remain at that?? Well, apparently it was his doing." I explained.

"Fucking shit, I gotta make these people let me out of here so I can slap some sense into him." She puffed.

"Don't bother, I'm sure it'll turn him on." I rolled my eyes and she laughed so hard her stitches hurt.

"Ow, shit! Don't make me laugh." She pouted and I giggled.

I told her all about the breakfast and the killing of the guy who pointed a gun at me at the table and just like that, in no time, I was feeling myself again.

We kept chatting and laughing, not to hard though, so her stitches wouldn't hurt, and two hours later we were both napping on the hospital bed when I heard a knock at the door. It softly opened and I saw Gray's head peaking in.

"Hey Anya, is she sleeping?" He whispered and I nodded looking at him. "Ok, can you come outside for a second? I need to talk to you." His eyes were soft and I slowly got out of bed without waking Becks up and went outside the room, closing the door.

"What's up?" I inquired.

"I spoke to the doctors. They said she's healing well and quickly and that they would be able to let her go home in a few days, four-five." He said and my eyes widened in excitement.

"Oh that's wonderful!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, it is. But you need to take her and go back to Poland." He said with seriousness in his voice. I opened my mouth to protest but he interrupted me. "No, Anya. I don't want her to go either, and trust me, Abel doesn't want you to go even more, but we can't put her in danger in her condition and shit's about to hit the fan real hard." He explained. "Mom and Jacks will be coming with you, they will stay in the apartment next to yours and you will keep Rebecca there until she is completely healed." He sighed, but there was no arguing with him. He was right.

"Okay." I agreed and he nodded at me.

"Do you mind if I go see my little bird now?" Gray asked and I smiled, his nickname for her still bringing me joy.

"Go ahead. I will go get some coffee." I said and left towards the cafeteria. When I reached it I went to grab some coffee and sat down at one of the tables. I could see some of the club members there and they nodded at me in acknowledgement. I tipped my head back at them and continued sipping my coffee.

A few moments later Abel sat down at my table, in the chair opposite mine. I looked at him and then back down at my coffee.

"How are you feeling?" He broke the ice, looked at me with softness in his eyes.

"Fine." I said bluntly.

"Did Gray tell you the news?" Abel inquired and I nodded, still refusing to look at him. I don't know why I was mad at him, maybe I wasn't mad at him, but mad at the world mostly. What was supposed to be a nice romantic holiday where I rediscovered my high-school admirer turned into a cat and mouse game between Aris and us, running and killing to save ourselves and witnessing things I never thought I would. I was mad at the fact that Gray was right, that we had to leave and go back to Poland. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 41K 37
Socket still bares the guilt from his sister being hurt years ago, he just doesn't seem to be able to get passed it. He wouldn't have joined the Brok...
119K 3.8K 34
Mia Salvatore always knew what she wanted to do in life. Her plan was to go to University, graduate as in child counselling, then return home to work...
2K 55 17
After seeing a trending ISO post in groups on Facebook with little to no recs, I decided to run with the inspiration and write the story myself! I'm...
1K 54 8
Anya was happily mated and was with twins. But hearing her mate on the phone with another woman broke her heart in seemingly irreparable ways as the...