Fallen Moon

By KibaBlackfire

For years vampires and werewolves waged war on one another. At last the blood war is near its end. Currently... More

Prelude: Brink Of Destruction
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)
Chapter 01: First Moon (Part II)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)
Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part I)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part II)
Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)
Chapter 04: Lord Grimm
Chapter 05: Dreadful News
Chapter 06: Conversion
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 01)
Chapter 07: Entrapment (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)
Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 01)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 02)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 03)
Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 02)
Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 03)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 01)
Chapter 11: Unmerciful Punishment (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 02)
Chapter 12: Rise of A New Heir (Part 03)
Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 01)
Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)
Chapter 14: Hell
Chapter 15: Understanding
Chapter 16: More Than A Prince
Chapter 17: Premonition
Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale
Chapter 19: Fate's Tale
Chapter 20: Selene's Tale
Chapter 21: Raine's Tale
Chapter 22: Jay's Tale
Chapter 23: Answers
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 01)
Chapter 24: Temptation (Part 02)
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: Shields
Chapter 27: NightShade
Chapter 28: Alexis' Tale
Chapter 29: Claire's Tale
Chapter 30: Matching Scars
Chapter 31: A Wolf's Tears
Chapter 32: Sacrifice
Chapter 33: Fate's Tale (Part 02)
Chapter 34: Jayden's Tale
Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale
Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)
Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)
Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)
Chapter 38: Forsaken
Chapter 39: Rescue Mission
Chapter 41: Newfound Freedom
Chapter 42: Change Of Plans
Chapter 43: Darkside

Chapter 40: Loyalty

14 0 0
By KibaBlackfire

Loud explosions echoed throughout the forest. Fate and the others went to provide Selene with back up. Scythe followed further behind. Fate's words weighing heavy on his mind. Try as he might, he could not shake them.

"Lord Alexander doesn't need to control your relationships when he controls you." 

Scythe shut his eyes hoping to erase the thought. However, more of Fate's words kept breaking in. No matter how hard he tried to erase them. The words kept pouring in. Could it be possible that..-

  "You always put him before me, before us, don't you get it? Every time you do it, it hurts me. It hurts us and our relationship. If it wasn't for you putting Lord Alexander first. We would already be married and I wouldn't have needed to date someone else to feel complete."

"Has my loyalty to Lord Alexander gone too far?" Scythe wondered. Even his son was a testament to his loyalty to the king. He sought nothing more than to make Sai just like him. A servant to Lord Alexander's cause. He shook his head to banish the thought. But then...

"My father hasn't done nearly enough." Blaire moved Scythe's sword from her throat. "Call me a child, say whatever you want. It doesn't change anything." She slashed down a tree. "I hate my father and I hate you." She stormed off in anger.

"Even your own daughter has turned against you." Scythe erased the thought. "Even if that's the case. He's still our King and my best friend. I could never turn my back on him." He shut his eyes. He saw the face of the red haired wolf, his red eyes so full of determination. The legendary Alejandro. The werewolf who has killed hundreds of vampires. His son included. "You and I, we're both legends in our own rite. Me for killing your kind, you for killing mine. If I was allowed to ask you one question. If I was ever granted that chance." The image of Alejandro's face remained in his thoughts. The determined look in his eyes, the fearlessness, he's truly a werewolf without parallel.  "That question would be, was there ever a time where you questioned your loyalty to your king? Or do you follow your king as I do mine." Scythe shut his eyes .

Scythe sat there in a chair across from Lord Alexander. They were surrounded by bookshelves. Other vampires were walking by picking out books to read. While others were sitting at a table reading. The silence in the room only added to the tension. Between Scythe and Lord Alexander was a chess board.

The task was simple or so he thought. If Scythe wanted to be in Lord Alexander's army he had to best him in a game of chess. But this was more than an ordinary chess match. This was a battle of wits. Scythe's intellect against his close friend. He not only had to beat him, he had to convince him to let him fight in the war. In this silence was an ongoing argument among friends.

At the moment, Scythe tapped his finger on the table. His black pieces were surrounded by Lord Alexander's pieces. This whole time, the king as expected has played defensive forcing him to move in. Due to his vast amounts of patience, Scythe was indeed...Losing. He couldn't maintain this silence any longer. He had to convince him to lighten up his defense as it were and grant him this victory.

"You should reconsider your stance on letting me join the war." Scythe spoke left with not many options. He took hold of his knight and used it to claim one Lord Alexander's rooks. It left his knight to be taken by Lord Alexander's bishop and if he took that move. What would his next move be? Scythe continued to observe the board.

"Scythe," Lord Alexander placed his fingers on a pawn. Scythe's eyes widened surprised that he didn't take his knight. Though, at this point he shouldn't be. He's more focused on holding up his defense. "You are no chess piece. You are far more valuable than any piece on the board. To put you on the board. Would only put you at risk." He added. "I like risks but your life isn't one I'm willing to gamble. " He moved the pawn forward one space. "You're a tactician far more useful off the board than on it." Scythe bit his lip realizing Lord's Alexander tactic. His knight, it's trapped. He could take his Queen but then be taken by the King. If he tried to retreat, it'd be taken by that pawn. If he didn't move it, it'd be taken by the bishop.

"This is true," Scythe placed his fingers on his knight. "However, I'm also the leader of my clan and their strongest. Not using these skills seems wasteful does it not?" He moved his knight and claimed Lord Alexander's Queen. "Friendship aside, you must acknowledge my strength."

"Yes, your clan," Lord Alexander placed his fingers on his bishop. "I haven't forgotten their importance nor have I forgotten the importance of them having a leader." Scythe watched as he moved his bishop across the board. "They need you Scythe lest we not forget the hardships and the amount of rebuilding that needs to be done." He set his bishop in position to claim his king. "Check." Scythe bit his lip and observed his options.

"I haven't forgotten, how could I?" Scythe shut his eyes. He saw an image of himself creating a giant metal dragon. Across from him was a woman wielding two ninja blades creating a dragon of her own. The two dragons clashed, destroying the town and killing off over half of his clan. The war of dragons, a battle that was fought amongst the clan. The war between those who followed the path of the samurai and the path of the ninja. A war that wiped out many of his clan. A war they've yet to recover from. As leader, he had no idea how they were going to rebuild. His sister, Sayuri. If only she hadn't brought the plague of ninjutsu upon them. Then this wouldn't have happened. He's glad she's been banished.

"Yes but how does one repair a clan after facing that kind of loss?" Scythe asked. "Not only did the war divide my clan in half. It caused well over half of them to die. All that remains is a small few. At this point, it seems better to cut my losses and say that the clan is lost. I think it'd be wiser to put that focus into the war against Lord Grimm. Besides you're our king, it'd be an honor for me to fight in your stead."

"So, you'd give up on your clan," Lord Alexander replied. "That doesn't sound like the Scythe I know. It's not like you to give up on something. You've dedicated your whole life for. There must be a part of you that wishes to rebuild. After all, you and I," He gestured to the chess board. Scythe's eyes widened, realizing some of their moves mirrored each other. "We are one in the same, you are the only person who understands me. The only person I'm grateful to call a friend. We both lost something during that war. You lost your family and I lost my head start as king. Everything Soren built for me so that I could succeed as king. It was destroyed and over half my army along with it. So at this point, we're both rebuilding something so why not build it together?" He offered. "Besides, I have something more important for you to protect. It's something that I can only trust you with. For this reason, it's better to have you off the battlefield than on it."

"Blaire," Scythe gasped. "Your highness, you'd entrust your daughter's safety to me. I mean yes I'm your best friend and I told you I'd always be by your side. But to entrust the well being of someone who means more to you than your own life. You can't be serious. She's heir to your throne. Surely,"

"I don't only want you to protect her, I want you to teach her to defend herself. I want you to prepare her for the throne. I only know the kingdom from inside the castle walls. But you know what lies beyond those walls. I don't want Blaire to be a Queen who merely follows in her father's footsteps. I want her to be a Queen who surpasses me as a leader who does better for our kingdom than I ever could. I believe the only person who can see that to fruition is you."

"Lord Alexander, I-," Scythe couldn't believe it. He entrusted him with raising the next heir. Someone who failed to protect his own clan from destruction to be entrusted with the future of the entire kingdom. He couldn't do it, he'd only end up failing. The only thing he's known for is failure so why entrust Blaire to him?

"Scythe, you're no fool," Lord Alexander stated as fact. "You are not like the others as I said before. We are alike and if this is true then like me. You know even though we are immortal, you also know that eternity is fragile. It could end with a stake to the heart, a slight burst of sunlight is all it takes for our eternal life to be cut short. We are no different than humans. Our life is just as fleeting as theirs. It just takes longer but we all meet the same end. For this reason, we need to start looking for someone to take our place when we die. With this war between my brother and I. It might be time for us to focus on what we leave behind when we die. What stories will we have to share? What legacy will we leave? Or will our existence serve no purpose."

"I for one," Lord Alexander began. "want to be known as a King who did everything he could for his people. A king that would gladly die for his people if that was the cost for ending the war. That is the story I want to leave behind. So my question is, what will yours be?" He waited for Scythe's response. Scythe's eyes lingered on his bishop.

"I want to be known as the person who fought to protect his king." Scythe answered. "The person who's blade carried on his king's wishes and struck down anyone who opposed them. I want to be known for my loyalty, my service, most of all. I want to be the person who fought so his king didn't have to die. I'd want to be known as the sword who became a shield so that he could give his life to protect his king and his best friend." He took hold of his bishop. "That's what I want and I should be allowed to decide how I want to live my life and who I want to give my life for. My clan has suffered great losses and its name lies in rumble. But I believe it can be rebuilt and its reputation restored. By doing what I've always done." Lord Alexander's eyes followed Scythe's bishop as he moved it slowly across the board. "That is staying by my king's side and protecting him. Though this time, I won't be off the chess board. I'll be on it." Scythe put his bishop in place and Lord Alexander's eyes widened. "Checkmate."

"I'll train your daughter but I will not raise her. That is your role as her father." Scythe rose to his feet. "I'll pass my clan techniques onto her. Her rein on the throne will be the first step to my clan's redemption. But I will not stop there. I'll train others with the hopes that everyone I train does great things with that training. They will be my legacy. They will be how I serve you even after death. Among them," Scythe closed his eyes. "I will find one worthy of taking my place and surpassing me. That person will be where all my hopes and dreams lie."

"Angel," Scythe saw an image of Angel fighting him and Fate together. "Do you not see your place? Blaire has failed, her rein on the throne will not be the one I hoped for. Fate has no desire to serve Lord Alexander and carry on my will. But you," He saw an image of Angel breaking through his attack and punching him. "You alone have the potential to do what the other's could not. So why must you sacrifice that for a werewolf? Is she really that important to you?" He began to wonder if that's what love is, sacrifice. Being willing to give up your hopes and dreams for the sake of someone else. If this is true then, perhaps, no, he couldn't give up his loyalty to Lord Alexander for Fate. He's gone too far to protect his friend and the future of the kingdom to give it up now. Fate would just have to learn to accept that.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" -That voice?!- Scythe drew his sword before he could attack. His blade was blocked by a ninja sword. That dragon mask with markings, the long black hair, that agile form. There's no mistake, Scythe pushed the woman back and tried to slash her again. She did a backflip and landed perfectly on her feet. "Last we saw each other was at your son's funeral." She spoke. "Sai," She dared to speak his son's name. Scythe's grip tightened on his blade. "He was indeed a great ninja. It's a shame you couldn't accept him for who he was while he was alive." Scythe charged at her, he slashed her only to cut through a shadow illusion of her. "Must we always fight each other brother?" Scythe turned around only to see her standing there behind him. Her weapons were now sheathed.

"Sayuri, what brings you here?" Scythe glared at her. "Was it not enough to start a war amongst our clan?" He sheathed his sword. "Are you still not satisfied after ordering a kunoichi to seduce me and bear my child?" He added. "You set me up and I presume you're here to do it again."

"I only set you up with a kunoichi so that maybe you'd learn to accept us." Sayuri began. His eyes traced her figure as she walked around him. She was dressed in a lavender garb with a dragon design swirling around chest. The serpent-like dragon's jaws were open. A small snake-like tongue stuck out of its mouth as if it were breathing fire. The top left her right shoulder exposed and revealed part of her agile frame. A frame that was shielded by lightweight chainmail. She wore heeled boots and around her waist was a pouch no doubt filled with ninja tools. She wore steel arm guards that had a blade attached that could emerge from her wrist. This was only two of her hidden blades and Scythe was sure she had more. "I figured you'd make an exception for your son." She let out a sigh. "But unfortunately I was wrong. You were just as closed minded as you were back then. It's a shame it took your son's death to see the error in your ways." Sayuri crossed her arms. "I see my training has come in handy in serving LAlexander. I'm still waiting for you to admit that you were wrong about Ninjas. That we are indeed useful."

"Come now sister," Scythe smirked. "You must know that I'd never admit that to you." He crossed his arms. "You still haven't answered my question." He pointed out. "Why are you here?" He asked once again.

"Why I'm here is of no concern to you." Sayuri answered. "Let's just say if you're still focused on the war between  Alexander and Grimm. Then, you're not looking at the bigger picture. Take care, brother." Scythe watched as his sister disappeared into the tree tops.

"What is she talking about?" Scythe wondered. Whatever it was, it made no difference. He had no intention of helping her or trying to figure out her reason for being here. His main focus is regrouping with Fate and the others. They went after Selene. Judging from the forest.

Scythe's pale jade eyes took note of the damaged trees. The holes in the ground. He followed the destruction. From there, he found himself at a stream. "Fire," Scythe picked up a burnt leaf. "Lord Grimm, you're losing your touch. Putting a fire user in the middle of a forest is not a wise strategy. Though," Scythe rose to his feet. "If I were to take a guess on this. I'd say this is the work of the Elemental Guard. I must be getting close to the castle. Which means, I'm also getting closer to what could be the Nightshade campsite." Scythe gripped his blade. "Oh Alejandro, we are long overdue for a rematch."

"No please don't," That voice there's no mistake. That was Brandon and it sounds like. He's met Alejandro. Leave it to the buffoon to find the strongest werewolf in Lord Grimm's army and fight it. Scythe headed in the direction of Brandon's voice. As expected, Alejandro was there standing in the middle of a campsite. So this must be it, the Nightshade campsite. He'd be lying if he said wasn't a tad bit upset that Selene managed to find it before him. Angel being able to find it first was something he could accept. But, Selene. He's losing his touch.

"Is that all you got?" Fate charged at Alejandro only to be interrupted by a flying dropkick. He blocked using a barrier. The female werewolf bounced off landing on her ass. "Look, I have no intention of dealing with the small fry." The woman chuckled.

"It's funny you should mention fries." The woman smirked as she glared into his eyes. "You know what the coolest thing about fries is. It's that they're usually cooked." She created a fireball in her hand and threw it at Fate. He blocked with a barrier, the second he did. She unleashed a flamethrower out of both her hands. The flames began pushing Fate back, his feet skidding back as she walked closer and closer pushing the flames against him. "What's the matter vampire, you don't like being cooked alive?"

"No, I-," Fate froze in place realizing he was standing underneath a large shadow. The flames stopped and he turned to face the person casting the shadow. Alejandro grinned,flashing his sharp canines.He popped his knuckles one at a time. "Oh fuck me," Fate tried to create a barrier to block but Alejandro's fist struck the barrier so hard, it broke right through and hit Fate anyway. He hit the floor being taken out by Alejandro. After defeating Fate, Alejandro patted the woman on the head as thanks.

"Alejandro, at long last," Scythe drew his sword. He saw images of a giant wolf crushing his son's body. The more he thought of what he did to his son. The more anger he felt, he fought to avenge his son's death. But this wolf, this stubborn irritating wolf refused to die. "My son's life will be avenged." He slashed his palm. In doing so, he traded his blood for an element. That element being fire. He shot a giant flame dragon at Alejandro. The woman got in the way. She took control of Scythe's fire dragon and fired it back at him. "As expected of Nikan's children," He slashed through the dragon and her with one quick slash. The dragon dispersed and the woman fell to her knees as her blood poured out of stomach.

"Forgive me but I really don't have time to toy with you. My concerns lie elsewhere," Scythe glared at Alejandro. "It's time we settled this," Alejandro glared into his eyes and snarled. He shot wind blades at Alejandro. He blocked the sharp blades and small cuts appeared on his arms as a result. As they were healing, Scythe charged forward. "This time, you die," He swung his sword trying to cut clean through Alejandro's body. Before he could, he caught Scythe's sword and kicked him back. As he was sliding back, Scythe's sharp blade slid across Alejandro's palm allowing him retrieve some of his blood. "Not bad, but not good enough." He shot a blood dragon at Alejandro. He kept trying to dodge the dragon but since it was homed in on his blood type. This was an attack he could not escape. Scythe smirked as Alejandro swerved past trees, trees, getting on all fours trying to outrun the serpent dragon as it followed him.

"You should know by now," Scythe grinned. "Once my blade has a taste of your blood, there's no-," Alejandro jumped over the dragon and landed on top of it. The moment the weight of his body landed on the dragon. It crashed to the ground, tearing through it. The dragon was starting to disperse seconds before it did. Alejandro jumped off it and Scythe's eyes widened as Alejandro's knee struck him right in the face. As Scythe's nose was bleeding from the impact. Alejandro slashed his chest with his claws leaving a huge gash. "Damn you, why won't you just die." He swung his sword at Alejandro. He dodged it as Scythe continued to try and slash his body. He slashed Alejandro's right arm just as he was about to pull away. Alejandro punched him right in the stomach with his left arm. Scythe arched over his fist spitting out blood from the damage.

"Fuck you," Scythe spit blood in Alejandro's eyes. A hidden blade appeared from Scythe's wrist. He slashed Alejandro across the face. He spun and stabbed Alejandro in the stomach. Before the blade reached its destination. Alejandro caught his wrist and began crushing the bone. Scythe began screaming as Alejandro crushed the bones in his wrist. "You son of a bitch, why won't you just let me kill you. Animals like you deserve to die." Scythe slashed him with his sword. He tried to cut his head off but Alejandro threw him by his wrist. Scythe's body struck a tree and slid down it. "Is that all you got, is that all there is, surely you can do better than that Alejandro." Scythe swept up dirt with his sword and fired a sand dragon at Alejandro. He struck the dragon with a powerful backhand knocking it aside with ease.

"Did he just bitch slap one of Scythe's dragons?" Ziek asked. "The balls on this werewolf, he just said fuck you to Scythe's whole family. I'm getting the hell out of here, Scythe's going to kill you." He took off running into the forest.

"So that's how it is, okay," Scythe's whole body radiated with electricity. "Let's see how you handle this." He fired a giant lighting dragon at Alejandro. He jumped over the dragon, Scythe spun his sword firing a wind dragon at him while he was in the air. He blocked the dragon only to be swallowed into the dragon's belly. "You're mine now," Alejandro got caught in a giant tornado. "Burn in hell, Alejandro." He shot a fire dragon at the tornado catching him in a flaming tornado that was burning him alive. "Burn, Burn, Burn," He kept firing more and more fire dragons into the tornado.

While trapped in the tornado of flames created by Scythe's attacks. Alejandro's body began to spin faster and faster, increasing the tornado's rotation speed until it was beyond Scythe's control. Once it was free of Scythe's control, Alejandro's body spun, seizing control over the burning tornado and directed it toward Scythe in a downward motion. Alejandro's sharp claws soon hit the ground. The tornado exploded, blasting Scythe back using his own attack against him. A massive crater remained underneath Alejandro's feet as he glared into Scythe's eyes. His body was covered in burns but even so he acted as if this damage was nothing.

"It's time we settled this," Scythe scraped his blade across the ground creating sparks. He shot the spark into Alejandro's eye, blinding him. While blinded, Scythe slashed Alejandro leaving gashes all over his body. Just as Scythe was about to cut him again. He was slashed across the face by Alejandro's claws. Two of them kept slashing at each other until Scythe finally jumped back. Once he did, he swung his sword creating a giant serpent like wind dragon. It unleashed a howling wind from it's mouth trying to force Alejandro back. He plowed through the wind, powering his way through Scythe's attack and countering with a punch to Scythe's jaw. The impact so great it sent Scythe's body rolling across the floor. Blood seeped from his lips as he coughed a few teeth, Alejandro walked up to Scythe as he held tight to his sword. He lifted his foot and grounded the bones Scythe's hand until he was forced to let go of his sword. Once the blade was free, Alejandro took it and threw it far into the forest beyond Scythe's reach.

Once the sword was gone, Alejandro nodded and walked away. He thought he won, he thought their fight was over. But it wasn't not until Scythe was dead. He wouldn't let this wolf best him, not now, not ever. Scythe forced himself to his feet, wiping the blood from his lips. Alejandro's feet stopped and he turned to face him. Both of them glaring into each other's eyes. This was it, this was the moment. It was time for the great Alejandro to fall to his blade.

"Time and time again, we've fought," Scythe reached for the katana sheathed on his back. "Neither one of us able to kill the other. You had your chance to kill me, instead you chose not to take it. You should have because now you die." The katana shattered transforming into a giant serpent like dragon made of metal. The dragon screeched creating a sound like nails on a chalkboard. Alejandro stood the unphased by the sound. His ears has grown accustomed to noise. The other werewolves were all covering their ears.

"Dad, make it stop, it hurts, it hurts so bad." Jay held his ears trying to block out the noise. Blood was seeping from his ears from the loud screeching. Did this wolf just refer to Alejandro as his father? Scythe grinned an eye for eye. Time to settle the score. His eyes shifted to Jay, the dragon's mouth opened revealing thousands and thousands of silver spikes spinning like the blades of garbage disposal. The dragon swooped down charging at the defenseless wolf.

Alejandro's body grew in size, his claws lengthened. He grew taller and taller, his height reaching mountain tops as dark red fur engulfed his body. A giant tail swung knocking down trees, his face changed to that of a giant enraged wolf. His mouth drooling with his special werewolf venom. The large metal dragon continued to charge at Jay. Jayson rushed over to shield his brother from the dragon's metal jaws. Instead they were protected by Alejandro. He got in the way grabbing the dragon by the throat holding it in place.

"Got you," Scythe's lips formed an evil grin. The dragon fired spikes out of its mouth hitting the wolf in the face. This forced him to release the dragon, it constricted around the giant wolf like a snake squeezing tight trying to crush its ribs. The wolf dug its claws into the dragon's side and began ripping it in half. The dragon released him as it was trying to escape, the wolf claws tore into its body, scraping metal needles out of the dragon's body. "Even now you resist, you pesky wolf." The dragon charged the wolf. The wolf grabbed a tree swatting the dragon using the tree as if it were a baseball bat. The dragon's body flew skidding across the ground. As it was trying to recover, the wolf threw the tree at Scythe. He quickly took out another sword slicing the tree in half. "You just don't know when to give up do you?" The sword in Scythe's hand shattered fully restoring the metal dragon. The dragon rose up and charged at Alejandro with Scythe mounted on its back. "This time, you will die." Scythe ran up the dragon's back and jumped off its head. He did a flip over Alejandro's hand and jammed his sword in the giant wolf's back. The blade slid down creating a long deep gash in the wolf's back. Scythe left the sword in his back and slid down to the floor using the wolf's tail as a ramp. The silver edge of the blade continued to burn its skin. As long as the blade remained in his back, the wolf couldn't heal the wound with its high healing factor. "Now at long last the great Alejandro falls beneath my feet. Perish,"

The giant wolf eyes widened as the metal dragon exploded transforming into thousands and thousands of silver needles. Scythe took out his last sword and used his ability to create a tornado catching the wolf in a giant tornado of silver needles. The wolf whimpered in pain as the needles tore away at its flesh. Soon, Alejandro will fall and after all this time. Scythe will avenge his son's death. Now all he had to do is watch as the giant wolf bled to death.

"It's over," Scythe let out a sigh of relief. He started to sheath his sword but stopped once the ground started to shake and rumble. Cracks started to form in the ground, all of them leading toward. He faced the giant wolf as it inhaled, its chest out. Alejandro wasn't about to. Not in that form at this range.

"Oh shit, we gotta get out of here," Jayson grabbed Jay by the arm lifting him to his feet. "Let's go, this campsite is about to get wrecked and us along with it."

"No, we'll be fine. Trust me," Jay pointed. Scythe eyes followed the direction he was pointing. There was a tiny spec flying through the air. As the spec got closer, it appeared to be a... small pebble? Scythe raised his brow. What's that going to do to a wolf of that size. This had to be a..-

The pebble flew and stuck the giant wolf right in the forehead. The impact, so great, the giant wolf was knocked back into his mortal form. Before Scythe knew it, a naked Alejandro was falling out of the sky above him and landing right on top of him. He tried to move but Alejandro was too heavy. He couldn't move with him on top of him.

"Get your naked ass off me so I can finish killing you." Scythe yelled. He kept trying to slip out but he was trapped in a small crater with Alejandro's unconscious body lying on top of him. He wouldn't budge despite Scythe's best effort to move him. "Why won't you get the hell of me, I want to kill you. I was so close to killing you. You stubborn piece of-,"

"Greetings," Nikan appeared standing over the crater, "So you must be the Legendary Scythe," He picked up a rock. "The vampire who almost killed my son. White hair, blue eyes, wields ice. Yeah, that wolf you attacked. Is my oldest and you almost killed him. So, excuse me while I throw this rock at you." He started to throw the rock. Scythe's eyes widened. If a pebble thrown by him was enough to knock Alejandro out of wolf form. A rock would kill Scythe. He kept trying to escape.

"Nikan, please," Lord Alexander stood in front of Nikan acting as a shield. "There's no need, put down the rock. We can talk this through." He reasoned. "Surely killing Scythe isn't the answer you seek."

"I don't know, he almost killed Yule. So killing him seems fair. Now Lord Alexander please move while I erase this vampire from existence with this rock." Nikan replied but Lord Alexander refused to move. "Look, I don't want to kill you but the more you defend this vampire. The more I feel like I need to kill you. Now please if you'd so kindly let me kill this vampire."

"Nikan, put down the rock." Lord Grimm ordered.

"Yes my lord," Nikan threw the rock aside. He let out a sigh, "He tried to kill Yule. You know how I am about that one. So Lord Grimm if you'd just-," The werewolf king held up his hand to silence him. "Fine, but he has to apologize."

"Agreed," Lord Grimm placed his hand on Nikan's shoulder. "Now go collect Alejandro so we can deal with this matter. " Nikan jumped down into the crater. He picked Alejandro up and draped his body over his shoulder. Once Scythe was free, he got back on his feet. Nikan stood there with Alejandro on his shoulder. He wasn't serious, Nikan wanted him to apologize for attacking his son. If he remembered, his son attacked him first. He did nothing to apologize for, it was in self defense.

"Lord Alexander, surely you don't agree to these terms. There's no need for me to-," Scythe's eyes wandered the area around him. They were all scolding him, Lord Alexander included. His king, his best friend, wanted him to apologize for attacking a wolf that attacked him first. This is absurd. He didn't need to apologize for anything. Especially not, Nikan continued to glare at him.

"Scythe, just apologize to Nikan. It will save your life." Lord Alexander advised. "It's one apology and it'll put the matter behind us. So please, just do it." Scythe glared at him. "Scythe, please don't make this difficult for me. I can only do so much. It's not easy negotiating with werewolves. Especially when they'd rather kill me. So I beg of you, apologize to Nikan." Scythe tightened his hand into a fist. He could not believe he's doing this.

"I apologize for attacking your son even though," Scythe glared at Nikan. "He attacked me first and last I checked we're at war. So it seems only natural for me to defend myself. Maybe next time, your son should choose his fights more carefully."

"That wasn't a good apology. I'm going to get my rock." Nikan went to set Alejandro down. Lord Alexander glared at Scythe. He bit his lip in frustration. He can't believe he's doing this.

"I'm sorry I almost killed your son. I'll be more careful. Is that apology enough for you? Or should I get on my knees and beg." Scythe replied. Nikan nodded and climbed up the crater with Alejandro on his shoulder. Scythe jumped out of the crater and dusted himself off. There he escaped death barely. "Are you happy I apologized, my Lord?"

"Ecstatic," Lord Alexander added, his voice shrouded in sarcasm. Scythe noticed Alejandro resting against a tree. The only mortal on their team came out of hiding and rushed toward Alejandro's unconscious body. Not only is she fragile, she's not very smart either. Only a fool would get that close to someone that dangerous. 

"Amy, I told you to stay hidden," Ziek yelled but his girlfriend continued to ignore him.

"Look you guys, this werewolf has a huge," Amy whispered the next word. "Penis." As if summoned. Ziek, Jayden and Fate rushed over to check it out. "See I told you, this guy is packing big time, it's bigger than yours Ziek." She nudged him.

"Just what every guy wants to hear," Ziek rolled his eyes at her. "Just let everyone know sweetie, it doesn't hurt my feelings any. I mean, come on, like it's even possible to have a penis bigger than this guys." He motioned to Alejandro. "This isn't fair,"

"You're telling me, just look at it, it's so huge." Fate grinned. "See, that's not a penis," He pointed at Alejandro's. "That there is a baseball bat. He could knock someone out with that thing. Just imagine, I bet the ladies look at it with fear."

"Poor guy," Jayden shook his head at him. "I bet he's a virgin. It's not his fault he has a huge bat for a penis."

"Is it just me or are these vampires talking about our dad's...," Jay whispered over to Jayson. "I mean, don't you think that's a little weird."

"A little bit yeah," Jayson agreed. "Still, it's their first time seeing it. So, I get it, it's not hard to miss. I mean the first time I saw it. I was shocked. Bathing in the stream with Alejandro, not exactly a confidence booster."

"I've never seen a naked werewolf before," Amy rushed over to Ziek. "Are they all this big, because if they are. It's no wonder, you guys want to kill them. I bet you're jealous." Ziek turned his head. Jayden busted out laughing.

"Yeah, that's why we want to kill them. How dare they have a bigger dick than us." Fate pretended to be upset and stormed off in anger. "No, I'm kidding," He laughed. "That's not why we want to kill them but it could be for some of us." He glanced over at Jayden.

"So you want me to kill you right?" Jayden glared at him.

"Great," Selene rubbed her temples as if she had a headache. "I'm surrounded by idiots." She turned her back to the team. Scythe placed his hand on her shoulder. She's not alone, he too is ashamed of his so called friends. Not a shining moment for Lord Alexander's elite army to say the least. 

"So this is your strongest and they're staring at Alejandro's. Oh Brother, I do look forward to the war. Clearly my men are better trained for combat." Lord Grimm smirked. Lord Alexander shook his head embarrassed by his army, "You make it too easy, perhaps, I should have Alejandro flash them. Seems distracting enough to kill them. Lycan, if you would please,"

"Yes father," Lycan walked up to the team. "Stop staring at my brother's penis or next time you look. I'll rip yours off." Ziek backed away followed by Jayden and Fate. The three of them groping themselves just thinking about Lycan's words. "As for you, human, I'll introduce you to it. It's been awhile since Alejandro's slept with someone. He might welcome the company." Ziek grabbed Amy and pulled her away from Alejandro. Alejandro's eyes began to open, he let out a yawn and stretched out his back. "Oh good, you're awake. It seems these vampires are quite fond of your features." Alejandro raised his brow.

"Now that you're awake, we need to talk," Lord Grimm pulled Alejandro by the ear and drug him into the forest. Scythe couldn't help himself. He walked into the forest eager to listen to his rival get punished by his king. "Alejandro, you-," He shielded his eyes as Alejandro stood before him unclothed. "Nikan, pants, now." Nikan walked up with a pair of sweatpants for Alejandro to wear. He had them hidden in a bush nearby. "Know what, you handle this. He's disappointed me enough already." He leaned against a tree,

"Look Alejandro," Nikan let out a sigh. Alejandro put on the pants while Nikan continued to speak to him. "You know you aren't supposed to use your werewolf transformation. It's huge and every time you use it. We have to relocate the Nightshade campsite. It also runs the risk of hurting others. There's a lot to consider, I know you know this so why did you do it?" Alejandro didn't respond. "I don't understand, you used to talk to me. But, now, you say nothing. When did you stop caring, Alejandro? This isn't like you." He still didn't answer. Nikan placed his hand on his shoulder. "I want to help, I helped raise you and Lycan, I taught you both. It pains me to see you shutdown like this. I wish you'd talk to me. I really do. I want to understand but how can I if this," He motioned to Alejandro as he stood there in silence. "Is all I get?" He let out a defeated sigh.

"You're being too kind, Alejandro isn't a child who needs to be coddled. This is how you handle the likes of him." Lord Grimm walked up and backhanded Alejandro across the face. The impact busted his lip and caused him to spit out a tooth. "He's a beast, an animal, the only thing he responds to is cages. So next time, you use that transformation without my permission. I will rip out your teeth and shove them down your throat. Do I make myself clear?" Alejandro didn't respond. "Do you understand what I'm saying to you or do I need to put you back in your cell? Well, which is it? Answer me," Lord Grimm grabbed Alejandro's ear and twisted it. "Or I'll rip it off. Or do I need to turn my attention to those precious twins of yours? Don't think I won't kill them. Use that form without my permission again and I will." Alejandro rubbed his ear as Lord Grimm walked away in anger.

"Alejandro, I don't know what I can do for you anymore." Nikan hugged him. "I want you to open up to me, I want to say I did all I could to erase this pain you feel. But, it feels like I've done nothing. I feel as if I've failed you somehow. I want to fix it, I do," He ran his hand on Alejandro's cheek. "I just need you to talk to me but, you won't. I haven't given up on you so please don't give up on me. I love you, Al, like a son. I protect my sons and I will protect you. I just want you to know that." He walked away.

"Are you done eavesdropping?" Lord Alexander appeared behind Scythe. The second he turned around he was hit in the back of the head by a diamond scepter. Did he just hit him with the beating stick? Friends don't hit friends with the beating stick. "I know you picked the fight with Alejandro. Granted, I know your reason for doing so. Still doesn't make it right. You were to wait until we fought them on the battlefield. Yet, you chose to fight him now when I needed you to be the responsible one." He hit Scythe again. "I expect this behavior from Selene but not from you. You were supposed to break up fighting, not start one. Now gather the team and my daughter who is in the woods somewhere being distracted by Nikan's heathens. I need to return to the castle, there's a certain vampire that needs to be punished. I intend to take care of the matter personally." He snapped his fingers and his entire body turned small specs of diamond dust. The winds scattered the specs of diamond leaving no trace of their king.  

"I swear, the next time I see those boys I'm killing them." Blaire appeared behind Scythe. He turned around. She was covered head to toe in mud. It was like that they had her trapped in quicksand or something. "That stupid Terrain, grabbed my foot and pulled me into quicksand. My head was sticking out and the boy proceeded to tell me about his life. I don't care about your life, I'm not your therapist all I want to do is end your life. Stupid werewolves and their stupid powers. Oh, it gets worse, Serge, shocked me with his finger and did this." She showed him her poofed out hair. "To my hair. Those boys are evil all that's left is." It started raining and the mud washed off all the mud and soaked her hair. "That, Of course, now Xavier wants to make it rain."

"Bye Blaire," Terrain, Xavier and Serge waved at her from a distance. 

"That's it, I'm telling my father what you guys did to me." Blaire screamed. "I'm a princess, heir to Lord Alexander's throne. I will be treated with respect and dignity." As she was saying these words. All of three of them were mocking her. 

"Go back to your castle and get your nails done." Terrain yelled. "Nobody got time to hear you bitch and complain.." 

"Oh yeah, maybe I should tell everyone about how many kids you have Terrain. The award for the most absent father of the year goes to. Yeah, I went there." Blaire stormed off in anger.

"Oh yeah," Terrain yelled back. Blaire stopped. "At least my dad didn't have to pay anybody to distract his children. That's right, we got paid for what we did. We were babysitting." Blaire bit her lip in anger. Well, her father is going to be in trouble. Not that Scythe blamed him for doing it. Blaire is known for being a loose cannon. He had to keep her in check somehow. "Go ahead ask your father, he'll tell you. He paid us." 

"That does it," Blaire stomped her foot. "I need to have a word with my father." She stormed off in anger. As she was leaving. Her sword flew and stuck in the ground by her feet. She grabbed it just as she about to turn around to strike Nikan's sons down. The boys were long gone, she sheathed her sword. "Let's get back to the castle, I'll deal with them on the battlefield." The team gathered and all of them began making their way back to castle. Along with the rest of men who disappeared the night of Lunar Ball. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14 0 1
A vampire is being stalked by her ex lover, but there is more than meets the eye when she finds out why. They must meet witches, werewolves and a dem...
1.3K 23 11
It's three hearts beating as one. Mythical creatures. Murders. Fantasy. Blood-thirsty. Love.
459 3 28
The Cullen's are back! Edward didn't die all things are well or is it? Join Samantha and Carlisle as they battle through a rising new born army along...
24 15 8
For longer than any on either side has been alive for, vampires and werewolves have been at war, each seeking to exterminate the other. Both try to k...