The Discount Gamer (OC in Res...

By D4V1D-01

We meet a young man named Jonah who was thrust into a world of dangerous viruses and infections by a mysterio... More

X Gonna give it to ya
Heart of the Undead
Escape The City

Walk with the Dead

258 8 2
By D4V1D-01

We find ourselves with a young man driving to a gas station to fill up, this was a an upcoming hero and recently Isekai'd individual named Jonah. He parks his car and gets out as he approaches the gas station, he's wearing brown boots and a black T-Shirt with brown pants.

(Example of his look ^)

Jonah: "Hope this place is still open, I could go for a snack" 

Now Jonah was a relatively normal dude...until a being of incredible power and Pink eyes decided it would be entertaining to strand him in another version of earth, on the plus side Jonah got that Gamer super power that basically turns one into a real life video game character...with one caveat.

Jonah only got some of the abilities that come with the power, so stuff like stats or levels for himself and etc he did not have. He only had 3 powers that his version of the Gamer ability gave him which were: Skills, Perks and an Inventory.

Skills meant he could learn any skills at a faster and far easier rate than any mere human could do and eventually as he levels his skills up they will reach higher levels until he's mastered a skill, this holds incredible potential because as long as he doesn't waste time he can lean all kinds of things and do many things to a degree that normally some may even consider unnatural.

Inventory was a sort of pocket or hammer space that he could store items in, as long as it's something he is capable of carrying then he can store a seemingly infinite amount of items in his inventory. Best part is time is stopped for whatever is in his inventory so he can do stuff like put a hot meal in it and days later it will stay hot when he pulls it out, only other limit is he can't store alive things in his Inventory.

Finally Perks he isn't quite sure about yet but currently he only has two by default which are Gamers Mind and Gamers Body. Gamer's Mind helps keep him mentally stable and sane no matter what situations he's in and protect his mind. Gamer's Body does something similar but with his body so he can't get sick and no matter what he eats his body will remain healthy and in great condition.

Jonah basically got a Discount Gamer ability but despite him not getting the full package he became satisfied with what he got after some testing of his new powers and realizing what he could achieve with some time. Not only that but occasionally his power would still interact with things in a video game physics way which proves useful sometimes, after finding himself in this new world he was able to start working on some skills to level up with.

Like Mixed Martial Arts and Gun Singing and Parkour and even stuff like Programming and Electronics and engineering which he used to make money by getting a job in engineering. Whatever sent him here at least had the curtesy to give him a fake ID in this world so that helped, he has spent about 4 months in this world so far working his current job to build up money as well as grind up the level of his various skills he's been gaining which are all still under level 50 but getting close to there.

Jonah sees a car drive up and a man step out as he goes to fill up his car, the man has an almost dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Suddenly a sound of glass breaking can be heard from inside the gas station store as Jonah and this guy look at each other after.

Jonah: "Did you hear that?"

????: "Yeah...that's weird"

Jonah: "Let's go check it out"

The two walk into the gas station and see it's dark with nobody here so far

Jonah: "I'm Jonah btw, who are you?"

Leon: "Call me Leon"

Jonah and Leon look around as they walk farther into the building for the source of the noise, they see a blood trail leading to the back of the store

Jonah: "Well that's ominous...good thing I stay strapped"

Just to be safe they both take out their guns with Jonah getting out a his custom 1911 pistol

Jonah: "just like Joshua Graham would roll"

Leon: "who?"

Jonah: "erm someone I've heard of"

Leon and Jonah walk into the back of the store and see a man dressed as a police officer struggling with something, he's trying to hold something back.

Leon: "Officer you need help?"

Police man: "stay back sir I got this-"

The officer is pushed back as a rotted looking human grabs the poor man and bites his neck tearing into him like a wild animal

Leon: "Hey! get off of him!"

The rotted looking man gets up and looks at the two with cold dead eyes, Jonah in all his Gaming experience of his past from being a nerd and liking stuff like games and comics knew exactly what this was

Jonah: "Zombie!"

Gamer's Mind kicks in to keep him level headed as the rotting corpse slowly walks towards them, Jonah quickly aims and shoots it's knee caps making the undead fall over while Leon blasts it in the head making it stop moving for now.

[Gun Slinging Leveled Up! Lv 39 -> Lv 40]

Leon: "Zombie? that shouldn't be real.."

Jonah: "I feel like it is now Leon, we better jet! If this is going where I think it's going I don't wanna stick around any longer"

They both head back to the front of the store as two more Zombies knock some stuff over and shuffle towards them with spooky moans, Leon handles one as Jonah deals with the other shooting them in the knee's and then head. After getting them down and re-loading their guns they walk to a side door as a woman walks in and seeing the two puts her hands up.

?????: "Don't shoot!"

Jonah see's an undead approaching her from behind

Jonah: "Get down!"

She ducks as both men shoot it in the head sending it falling over, Leon and Jonah walk over as she gets up, she was a brunette with blue eyes wearing a red jacket.

Leon: "You alright?"

?????: "yeah I think so...thanks"

Leon: "Thank us later when we're safe"

Jonah: "We got a big problem"

50 more zombies are seen slowly converging on their location as the 3 point their guns at them, Leon sees his car and motions for the woman and Jonah to follow.

Leon: "Come on! get in"

Leon gets in his car quickly as the woman gets in the passenger seat and Jonah quickly gets into the back seat.

Jonah: "DRIVE!"

Leon: "Hold on!"

He is able to get the car out of the station as Leon drives them away down to road, they finally have a moment to breath.

?????: "What the hell is going on?"

Leon: "I don't know...hopefully they'll have some answers at the police station"

?????: "Your a cop?"

Leon: "Yeah, Leon Kennedy"

Jonah: "And I'm just a random named Jonah Martinez, you are?"

Claire: "Claire...Claire Redfield"

Jonah: "Live around here?"

Claire: "No, I'm looking for my brother. He's a cop too like Leon"

Leon: "Well it's a good thing we all found each other...I don't know what to except anymore"

They then drive pass a sign as Jonah notices it reading: "Welcome to Raccoon City. Home of Umbrella"

Jonah: "....oh no-"

*Intro music*

Claire: "Something wrong?"

Jonah: "...nothing, just a gut feeling"

Jonah finally recognized that the world he was in was one from a game series he never got around to playing back on his earth. Resident Evil was the name of the series and sadly Jonah never got around to playing them so he didn't really have any useful meta knowledge besides some names and the fact that this world has zombies and all kinds of dangerous bio weapons.

If he's lucky he might remember if he saw more but for now he's gonna have to survive the apocalypse without any useful meta knowledge ...as a Discount Gamer....well it's something at least he thinks.

They finally arrive in racoon city as the radio is warning them about a city wide outbreak and for citizens to take shelter at the police station.

Claire: "My god...this is unreal"

Leon: "The Police station isn't much farther, they should know something"

Claire: "But what if we're the only ones? what if there's no survivors-"

Leon: "No. there's survivors... it's a big city. there has to be"

Jonah: "Maybe a few but...bigger populations just means a virus like this can spread faster..."

They drive up to a barricade of cars that are blocking the way as Leon stops the car

Leon: "Looks like we're walking from here"

Jonah notices some Zombies feasting on someone nearby

Jonah: "more like running-"

Suddenly some Zombies start banging against the car trying to get it, before Leon can try backing up they notice a huge truck heading for them that looks like it won't stop.

Leon: "Claire. Jonah. get out now!"

They try but the doors won't budge

Claire: "We can't!"

Jonah: "Hang on!"

The truck swerves a bit as it hits the back of their car sending them forward through the barricade until they crash into another car. It starts raining outside as Leon and Jonah step out of the car with Claire getting out from the other side, the car then blows as they notice the fuel tank from the truck nearby.

Leon/Jonah: "Oh No"

they run right as the tank explodes after and the force blows them into a nearby car as they groan in pain and pick themselves up

Jonah: "..Ok, still got all my parts, you good?"

Leon: "I think so...ouch"

They get back up and look at the flaming mess

Leon: "CLAIRE! YOU OK?!"

he yells and thankfully they hear a response back from the other side of the flames

Claire: "I'M ALRIGHT! HOW ABOUT YOU TWO?"

They see some zombies getting up from around them as the walking undead start to move in on them.

Jonah: "CAN'T STAY HERE! IT'S NOT SAFE!"

Claire: "GO ON AHEAD! I'LL MEET YOU BOTH AT THE STATION!"

Leon: "WE'LL BE THERE!"

Jonah and Leon start running as they avoid a bunch of Zombies that are waking up and giving pursuit 

Jonah: "Zombie survival 101! don't shoot unless you have too so that you can save ammo, so don't fight any zombies unless we must and focus on running for now"

Leon: "It looks like everyone here has turned!"

They finally make it to the Police Station as they close the gate behind them with Leon locking it so the Zombies can't get in. Jonah double checks his Inventory after to take stock of what he has.

Inventory:

-Extra ammo for his 1911 Pistol

-med kit

-snacks

-water bottles

-tactical shovel 

-baseball bat

-prototype weapon he was working on (surprise tool for later)

-spare clothes

-lighter

-flashlight

-cell phone

-tool box

-taser

-extra cash

And that's the main stuff he has that he thinks will prove useful while the rest is some miscellaneous he's been holding onto cause why not like books and video games he's gotten and etc...his stuff is safer when kept in his Inventory if he doesn't wanna lose them.

Leon and Jonah make their way into the Racoon City Police Station as they entre to find the place looking empty and wreaked, Leon heads to the computer terminal to turn it on and look at the security cameras.

Leon: "There has to be someone here..."

They see a still alive Officer being chased by an undead as he looks at the Camera

Officer: "David! Martin! you there? I found a way out! it's in here!"

The officer shoots the Zombie in the chest and pushes it away

Officer: "Send reinforcements! east hallway!"

He runs off with the Zombie still giving chase

Leon: "Gotta find that guy"

Jonah: "Lets go"

After quickly checking a map of the building on the terminal they pick up some spare handgun ammo that was left nearby and make their way to the location of the Officer. They go through some rooms stained with blood and dead men as they get to an office with a shutter door and the Officer screaming from the other side.

Officer: "Please! HELP ME!"

Leon: "We'll get you out!"

Leon and Jonah try to open the door as the Officer tries to crawl under with them both trying to help pull him through, right as he's halfway through the Zombie from the other side grabs him and tears at his legs as the Officer screams in pain, they finally pull the officer through as the shudder closes but it's too late as his lower half of his body has been torn off.

Jonah: "...poor guy"

Leon picks up the notebook the now dead officer had in his hand as he looks at it

Jonah: "what is it?"

Leon: "I think he wrote down a way out of the building...and clues"

A Zombie barrages into the room as Jonah quickly shoots it in the head, they both leave the room as a Zombie breaks through a window and the other dead bodies start to rise. Jonah and Leon shoot the ones in the way to clear the path as they run before the others can follow.

They both get to a another shudder door as as Leon lifts it for Jonah to quickly crawl under, Leon goes to follow but a zombie grabs him as Leon tires to keep it away with Jonah lining up a shot, suddenly another Officer walks over and helps pull Leon away from the undead as he and Jonah slam the shudder door on the zombie crushing it's head.

The Officer clutches his side in pain as it looks like something tore at his waist

?????: "We're safe...for now"

Leon/Jonah: "Thanks"

Marvin: "Marvin Branagh..."

Leon: "Leon Kennedy"

Jonah: "Jonah Martinez"

Leon: "there was another officer...I...we couldn't-"

Marvin walks closer and helps him up

Marvin: "I'm sure you did what you both could..."

*Time Skip*

back at the main room of the front of the R.P.D Leon finished putting on a Police uniform with a Kevlar Vest for extra protection as Jonah does the same.

Jonah: "I ain't an officer but thanks for the vest, should prove handy"

Marvin: "Consider yourself an honorary officer for today son"

Leon: "Anyone know what started this?"

Marvin: "Not a clue"

Jonah: *In his head* "Umbrella but I'll wait till I have evidence to say that"

Marvin: "But honestly all you need to know is that this place will eat you both alive if you aren't carful"

Jonah and Leon finish checking and loading their guns

Leon: "Yeah...well I was suppose to start last week but I got a call to stay away"

Jonah: "sounds like you were lucky then"

Leon: "If I was here I could have helped though...I wish I had come here sooner"

Marvin: "Well your here now Leon so that's all that matters"

They walk over to Marvin once ready

Jonah: "Ok Lieutenant, we're ready"   

Marvin: "Hopefully you both can find a way out of this station, that officer you met earlier, Elliot, he thought this secret passageway might do the trick"

Marvin shows them the book as he was looking through it

Leon: "This is good news, we can get you to a hospital"

Marvin: "No! No, I am not the priority here"

Leon: "Lieutenant I'm not just gonna leave you-"

Marvin: "I'm giving you an order rookie! you both save yourselves first...I'd come with but I'd just slow you down...now you'll need this"

He hands Leon a combat knife

Marvin: "And don't make my mistake...if you see one of those things then uniform or not you either take it out or run...got it?"

Leon/Jonah: "Yes Sir"

Marvin sits back down in the chair and appears rest, Jonah and Leon take a second before heading off

Jonah: "So what now?"

Leon: "According to the notebook we need to find some items first that we use on this statue before we can open the passage way"

Jonah: "Scavenger hunting then, how fun"

Leon and Jonah look for clues as they look around, may zombies walk the building as they either take them out or flee as they find more supplies or ammo or notes or clues to what they seek, Marvin also tells them of someone who was seen on the camera's waiting by the gate, it turns out to be Claire who they are happy survived so they go to meet up with her.

Once they get to the outside gate a helicopter crashes into the side of the building thankfully not hitting them, they then see Claire on the other side of the gate as they walk over to her.

Leon: "Claire! it's so nice to see you"

Claire: "How are you? that helicopter came out of nowhere"

Jonah: "We're in once piece"

Claire: "have a key in one of those fancy pockets?"

Leon: "Unfortunately no, but how are you doing?"

Claire: "you know...just surviving"

Leon: "that's good, any luck with your brother?"

Claire: "No not yet"

Leon: "Don't lose hope, I'm sure we're gonna find him"

Jonah looks between the two and see's them smiling at each other

Jonah: *in his head* "...I ship it"

Suddenly the helicopter from behind them explodes loudly 

Jonah: "....well we know what that means"

Claire: "Yeah...dinner time"

Claire gets out her gun as some Zombies behind her wake up and head for the noise

Leon: "Claire you need to go, now!"

Claire nods and goes to head off

Claire: "Hey...lets get through this, all 3 of us"

Leon nods as Jonah salutes her and she leaves, the two makes their way back and after some more infuriating puzzles that Jonah questions why a police station would have they finally get what they need but are ambushed by a new creature on the way back, it could crawl on the walls and attack with a long snake like tongue.

The Licker as Jonah goes with uses it's tongue to try and grab Leon by the leg but Jonah takes his Tactical Shovel out of his Inventory and cuts the tongue off before charging at the Licker and bashing it's head with his shovel until it's taken out. 

[Blunt Weapon Combat Leveled Up! Lv 34 -> Lv 35]

Leon: "...how did you?"

Jonah: "Oh...you saw me pull this out of thin air didn't you?"

Leon nods

Jonah: "Well this is my tactical shovel I bought some time back, it can be used for a lot! As for how I got this just now....it's a long story that I can tell you later but lets just say I got a special power that involves being able to store things in an invisible space." 

Leon looks like he has way more questions but decides to let it be for now as they have more pressing concerns

Leon: "So you can carry a lot in this space?"

Jonah: "Oh yeah quite a lot, it's very useful"

the two talk a bit as they head back and get the secret passageway finally opened, sadly Marvin was too far gone to bring but he urged them to go on without him. Leon and Jonah walk down the stairs of the passage into the basement.

Jonah: "You ok Leon?"

Leon: "wish he would have came with us so we could get him help"

Jonah: "He would have slowed us down or turned into one of them...he knew it was better he stayed, he was as good as dead."

Leon: *sighs* "not how I excepted my first day to go"

Jonah puts a hand on his shoulder

Jonah: "don't worry man, we'll find who's behind this and bring them to Justice, I promise"

Leon: "....thanks Jonah"

Leon lets out a small smile as they both travel through some tunnels when they suddenly come across a monster that attacks them! it grabs them both and slams them through a grate to a bottom floor.

Leon: "What the hell?!"

Jonah: "It's...an abomination"

The Monster was a man with half his body mutated in a grotesque was looking like an eldritch monstrosity

They both run as they start firing at it, they are trapped though in this room.

Leon: "No choice, got to take it down!"

They run as they avoid the monster which thankfully was too slow to run after them that fast as they keep trying to shoot it in various places but it won't go down, then they see a huge yellow eye open up on it's mutated arm.

Jonah: "Aim for the eye! must be a weak spot"

They blast the eye causing the monster to reel in pain as it roars a blood curtailing sound, the monster breaks some nearby canisters causing steam to fill the room limiting view of it but thankfully it's loud noises still gave away where it was, they repeat this dance until they can get it to open it's eye more to shoot it in that spot more.

Finally they injure it enough that the thing stumbles in pain over a railing and falls down into the abyss as it screams on the way down the sewer 

Jonah: "...something tells me we're seeing that thing again eventually"

Leon: "Don't jinx it please"

A ladder finally gets knocked loose and comes down so they can climb back up

Jonah: "that was anti-climatic...kind of excepted more"

Leon: "Stop jinxing it"

They continue on their way until they finally find the sewer grate that leads out into the parking lot of the R.P.D, they walk over to the gate but see a scanner for a card.

Jonah: "....dang it! we need a card to open this"

They then hear growling as they turn to see a Zombified dog that charges them and tackles Leon trying to bite him as he holds it off! Jonah gets out his Tactical Shovel again and slams it in the skull knocking it off Leon and then helping him quickly back up, The dog goes to attack again but gets shot in the neck by someone. 

Jonah: "That wasn't me"

They both look over to see someone in the shadows

Leon: "Who was that?"

???: "Stay sharp!"

The dog gets back up as Leon quickly grabs his gun and shoots it in the head to finish it, the woman walks over as Jonah and Leon both point their guns at her and she points her gun back

???: "Lower it, FBI"

She shows an ID that she is indeed FBI, Jonah and Leon lower their guns

Leon: "Sorry, thanks you for the help"

The dog tries to get up again but she shoots it in the head...then just to be safe Jonah also shoots it a few more times to make sure it stays down

Jonah: "bad dog"

he then looks at the woman and noticed her coat and sunglasses she was wearing along with her black hair, she seemed to have Asian features too.

???: "...surprised you both made it this far"

She walks away as Jonah and Leon follow

Jonah: "FBI huh? what's going on here?"

???: "Sorry, that information is classified"

Leon: "Where are you going?"

???: "Do yourselves a favor: stop asking questions and get the hell out of here"

Jonah: "Do we get a name at least?"

She pauses and decides to answer

Ada: "Ada, now if you know what's good for you then you both need to leave"

Ada then walks away leaving Jonah and Leon

Jonah: "...we are trying to leave, the audacity of her"

They look around the area and find a door that leads to the prison cells of the police department for holding criminals, they walk through and see a man smoking as he sits in a cell

Prisoner: "Hello?"

Jonah: "Hey there"

Prisoner: "I don't believe it, real humans! hello there humans"

Leon: "Been here long?"

Prisoner: "Long enough, are we the last ones alive?"

Jonah: "There's still a few of us left"

Prisoner: "That's good news I guess, unless of course Irons sent you"

Leon: "Irons? you mean Chief Irons?...is he still around?"

Prisoner: "Who cares? hopefully he's someone's dinner by now"

Leon: "What do you mean by that?"

Prisoner: "He's the B****** who locked me in here!"

Jonah: "did he have a good reason?"

Prisoner: "He did...I was about to blow the whistle on him, I'd have done the same thing too I guess"

They then hear someone enter the cell block

Prisoner: "Hey! I'll make you both a deal, unlock this cell and I'll give you this"

He holds up a card to them

Prisoner: "There's no other way out of that parking garage believe me!"

Leon: "Sorry I can't do that, we need to talk to the Chief first"

Jonah: "I don't know Leon..."

Prisoner: "Look! we're both prisoners in this station! so either we play nice and help each other out-"

They hear another noise

Prisoner: "Sh!t it's coming"

Jonah: "What's coming?"

Prisoner: "look don't be a ******** ok? you need this! get me the **** out of here!-"

Suddenly a giant hand breaks through the cell wall from behind him and grabs the prisoner before dragging him along the wall and then crushing his skull!

Jonah: "Holy crap!"

After killing him whatever grabbed him walks away as they hear heavy thuds from something big, they both then turn around and point their guns at someone approaching to see it's Ada

Ada: "It's just me, you can put those away"

Leon: "I don't know what happened, it was all so quick"

Ada: "I told you to get out of here, you wouldn't want to end up like Ben would you?"

Jonah: "We are trying you little!-"

Leon: "you knew him?"

Leon cuts in before Jonah can insult her

Ada: "He was an informant ...had information useful to my investigation"

Leon: "So what he said was true?"

Ada starts to walk away

Jonah: "Would you just stop walking away?!"

Ada: "Find a way out and focus on that"

Jonah: "Ugh...Well I'm Jonah btw"

Leon: "I'm Leon"

Ada: "Didn't ask"

Jonah: "just wanted you to be aware of our names...have a feeling we'll see more of each other"

Ada leaves as Jonah and Leon look back at the cell

Leon: "...deals on I guess?"

Jonah: "...so where do they keep the keys to these cells?"

Meanwhile somewhere in the city a killer who shouldn't be here steps out of a building littered with corpses as he brandishes a large kitchen knife...he had no emotions and would only kill like a machine, tonight...he hunts.

*To Be Continued* 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New story! dude with Discount version of the Gamer ability, I'm not gonna list every single skill he's learned and I won't always keep track of his levels for certain skills i should say right now. But i will every now and then show what levels he has on certain skills, so just a heads up that I won't always show what skills he has or the level of certain ones until certain points.

As far as Perks that will come at a later point, for now he's journeying with Leon so we shall see how this plays out...however sent him to this world might have also left a few surprises for better or worse.

*outro song*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 260 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...
87.6K 1.9K 35
In a zombie apocalypse with zombies and monsters appearing, humanity was struggling to survive. Thus, creating chaos and conflict throughout the worl...
26.5K 828 25
Ren and Leon escaped Racoon City with Claire and Little Sherry back in 1998. All of them split up going their separate ways but somehow Ren and Leon...
375K 10.4K 41
☆~°Together in Darkness°~☆ ☆~°Leon Kennedy X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) Ortega was a normal person, they're living with their best friend in Raccoon City...